PDA

View Full Version : Is Glen Rice a future Hall of Famer??

Lebron23
12-13-2023, 08:53 AM
https://youtu.be/https://youtu.be/Vz2CUH33krU?si=tOuMaUZReEkOf98m with mitch richmond getting inducted in the hall of fame. 2nd tier or 3rd tier players in the 1990’s like Glenn Rice have a huge chance of getting inducted in the hall of fame. He won an ncaa title outstanding player in the ncaa tournament, a couple of all stat appearances and all nba team during his peak. And Glenn Rice Sr also won an Nba championship as the
The 3rd scoring option of the 2000 los angeles lakers. He’s not a better player than Prime Carmelo Anthony who is going to be a first ballot hall of famer.

beasted
12-13-2023, 09:54 AM
3x all-star, 2x all-nba and a 3rd banana ring should NOT get him in.

KJ, Billups, Marion and Rasheed were all more decorated and have not gotten in.

Lebron23
12-13-2023, 09:56 AM

He won an ncaa championship.

Real Men Wear Green
12-13-2023, 10:00 AM

But did any of them bang Sarah Palin? He gets my vote.

beasted
12-13-2023, 10:05 AM
And Billups won a Finals MVP, 2 defensive teams, and a FIBA World gold medal. Not to mention 2 more all-star teams and 1 more all-nba appearance.

3ba11
12-13-2023, 01:14 PM
Big shooter-type that was all-nba and all-star a bunch so that's not that common and he outplayed Pippen HU a bunch in various series.

beasted
12-13-2023, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I just think if you let him in, it opens the door for the Arenas, Joe Johnson, Kemp, and Jermaine O'Neal types as well, alongside everyone I already mentioned.

There's nothing remarkable about Rice's career outside of probably the NCAA run.

SaltyMeatballs
12-13-2023, 02:49 PM
No chance he makes it

FultzNationRISE
12-13-2023, 05:59 PM
He was a memorable player from my childhood so Im all for it. Dont know if the numbers give him any chance. My guess is not.

John8204
12-13-2023, 06:26 PM
https://www.notinhalloffame.com/basketball?start=20

He's currently 22 in Not in the Hall of Fame rankings so that might be a bit too far.

ILLsmak
12-13-2023, 06:55 PM

fmvp should be auto hall.

-Smak

Reggie43
12-13-2023, 08:32 PM
Billups in their Championship run scored just 16ppg on 38% fg shooting. Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton were clearly better and its arguable that he is behind Rasheed. Pretty understandable why he hasnt made the Hall being the 3rd/4th best player in their run.

1_BAD_TIGER
12-13-2023, 09:32 PM
I'm going to say no.

kawhileonard2
12-13-2023, 10:07 PM
Vlade made it and he wasn't an allstar in the NBA. To me if you don't make allstar teams in the NBA you shouldn't make it.

Xiao Yao You
12-13-2023, 10:08 PM
Vlade made it and he wasn't an allstar in the NBA. To me if you don't make allstar teams in the NBA you shouldn't make it.

lucky for Vlade he was an international player

beasted
12-14-2023, 12:48 AM
fmvp should be auto hall.

-Smak

I don't know about that. I agree with the idea of Billups not getting in. I only used him to illustrate the comparison.

None of the names I've mentioned in this thread are HOF-worthy.

L.Kizzle
12-14-2023, 01:01 PM

Vlade made an All-Star team. He's also in more so for his international influence not his NBA career.

ILLsmak
12-14-2023, 02:40 PM
I don't know about that. I agree with the idea of Billups not getting in. I only used him to illustrate the comparison.

None of the names I've mentioned in this thread are HOF-worthy.

I dono. I mean, IGGY makes it sus, but the idea is that a dude showed out in the most important series of the year AND got a ring. All of the series that were won by non HoF FMVPs had a famous storyline: Bird struggling, 2004 upset, Wars getting it right, but I still think that Iggy MVP was one of the most hateful things in history, and does kind of damage my argument. Still, I'm cool w/ him getting in because, as I said, it's just hard to imagine a guy taking home finals MVP and not making the hall, when you understand what that means. It means you did some crazy upset or you carried the load when your star was struggling, or you were guarding LeBron lol. One can argue Wallace should have got the FMVP, but he didn't. It's hard for me to rationalize why they can't get those guys in, assuming the NBA takes winning a ring seriously. Most FMVPs are already all set, but even the few outliers, I think they should get in.

D Rose is the only reg MVP that didn't make it (yet?), and yeah it was more games, but it wasn't IN THE FINALS. The spotlight is on the finals; if you did your thing in the Finals and got your team a W, you should def be in, but, like I said, even tho Iggy was def an important part of that W, it's wack to not give it to Steph, and I'm not really a Steph fan. Even at the time, it was a joke. I don't think anyone can really argue that wasn't Steph's MVP. You have to buy into a narrative to believe it wasn't. Iggy did change the series, but Steph was the MVP, by far.

-Smak

AussieSteve
12-14-2023, 05:10 PM
Big shooter-type that was all-nba and all-star a bunch so that's not that common and he outplayed Pippen HU a bunch in various series.

If only Rice had the winning spotlight like Pip. He'd have been All-NBA and All-D for his entire prime and been top 5 in MVP voting a bunch of times too.

The unprecedented winning spotlight of winning one championship in 1991 secured Pip the 6th most All NBA votes the next season. Imagine if Glen had that kind of unprecedented success (ie one championship) in his prime!

Xiao Yao You
12-14-2023, 06:17 PM
If only Rice had the winning spotlight like Pip. He'd have been All-NBA and All-D for his entire prime and been top 5 in MVP voting a bunch of times too.

The unprecedented winning spotlight of winning one championship in 1991 secured Pip the 6th most All NBA votes the next season. Imagine if Glen had that kind of unprecedented success (ie one championship) in his prime!

better scorer and shooter so it certainly would have helped his career

Jasper
12-14-2023, 11:59 PM
https://youtu.be/https://youtu.be/Vz2CUH33krU?si=tOuMaUZReEkOf98m with mitch richmond getting inducted in the hall of fame. 2nd tier or 3rd tier players in the 1990’s like Glenn Rice have a huge chance of getting inducted in the hall of fame. He won an ncaa title outstanding player in the ncaa tournament, a couple of all stat appearances and all nba team during his peak. And Glenn Rice Sr also won an Nba championship as the
The 3rd scoring option of the 2000 los angeles lakers. He’s not a better player than Prime Carmelo Anthony who is going to be a first ballot hall of famer.

I would say no ... he was a pure shooter , but you need a resume to get in.