PDA

View Full Version : Pacers might have given Giannis a fake game ball

Full Court
12-14-2023, 10:20 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/giannis-antetokounmpo-drops-career-high-64-points-over-pacers-then-tensions-rise-over-game-ball-040227196.html

So after Giannis went chasing after the game ball down the tunnel, the Pacers finally gave it up. But then Giannis said,

"I have a ball, but I don’t know if it’s the game ball,” Antetokounmpo said. “It doesn’t feel like the game ball to me, it feels like a brand new ball. I can tell. I played 35 minutes today, I know how the game ball felt … I’ve never seen this before."
:lol

Ballgate.

elementally morale
12-14-2023, 11:03 AM
What if they gave him all the balls available in the building? He could select his game ball and be happy ever after. (It's a bitch move to steal his game ball though.)

Full Court
12-14-2023, 04:58 PM
What if they gave him all the balls available in the building? He could select his game ball and be happy ever after. (It's a bitch move to steal his game ball though.)

This begs a question though, who determines who gets a game ball? Is there some sort of gentlemen's rule about it? What makes Giannis have a right to it? Serious question, not a rhetorical one.

Kblaze8855
12-14-2023, 05:02 PM
I’ Just an understanding. If something special happens, you get the ball. Like in the NFL when somebody throws their hundredth touchdown pass or break some record there’s a guy who goes and gets that ball. But of course the NFL has so many balls at the same time.

I assume it’s an equipment manager who handles that in the nba who just kinda…knows. I doubt there are written rules But if curry has 86 versus the Pacers this year(not out of the question the way they defend and run) they know to put it aside. He might not want it but you put it up just in case.

rawimpact
12-14-2023, 05:03 PM
This is tough and really a matter of perspective, but I personally thing the ball should go to Giannis if he wants it. But I also think that Giannis who has accomplished so much more in his career and has so many more meaningful accolades than 61 points against the Pacers he should let the Rookie keep the ball.

Just my .02

tontoz
12-14-2023, 05:51 PM
Bucks were home so Giannis should get the ball. Still it would be kinda funny if they gave him a fake one.

SATAN
12-14-2023, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Giannis let the guy have the ball had the Pacers actually mentioned it to him.

So much drama in the NBA.

FKAri
12-14-2023, 05:56 PM
I love it

ralph_i_el
12-14-2023, 05:58 PM
They have 2 game balls.

highwhey
12-14-2023, 06:12 PM
:roll:

ILLsmak
12-14-2023, 07:35 PM
This begs a question though, who determines who gets a game ball? Is there some sort of gentlemen's rule about it? What makes Giannis have a right to it? Serious question, not a rhetorical one.

Being at home basically.

If it was Indy, I could see it.

-Smak

Proctor
12-14-2023, 09:29 PM
And one day later the Pacers sign a certified goon in James Johnson. Coincidence?

I would pay to see Giannis storm at the Pacers in a fit of roid rage again and get laid the **** out by Johnson. :roll:

highwhey
12-14-2023, 09:48 PM
And one day later the Pacers sign a certified goon in James Johnson. Coincidence?

I would pay to see Giannis storm at the Pacers in a fit of roid rage again and get laid the **** out by Johnson. :roll:

#me2

i'd pay a couple grand for a courtside seat to see Z-Bo make a comeback just to lay out the fat b1tch jokic

Reggie43
12-14-2023, 10:18 PM
There is video evidence that a bucks staffer secured the game ball right after the buzzer sounded...

Full Court
12-14-2023, 10:49 PM
I think Giannis has some temper problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_0aenQOjAE

999Guy
12-14-2023, 11:51 PM
I can only pray this happened :oldlol:

Jasper
12-14-2023, 11:55 PM
Giannis scored 64 points , coach Griff told him to play last few minutes so he could break the franchise record.

Dame broke the 3 point record , surpassing Kyle Koever

and then a rookie on Pacers who scored his first points against the bucks in the IN SEASON tourney was the excuse that
pacers gave .... they hate Giannis cause he single handedly kicked their ass.

Assistant coach for the Bucks had the ball, when game was over , a pacer assistant swiped from him.