PDA

View Full Version : Chet 17/11/9 blocks against the Nuggets

Trollsmasher
12-17-2023, 08:30 AM
block party against the champs:biggums:

https://streamable.com/mf0x3w

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2023, 08:46 AM
If the Thunder face the Lakers in a series, who wins? Honestly before the season I would have picked LA but my mind is changing and Holmgren is the main reason. Assuming Giddey isn't in major trouble (and I don't think he is, whatever the real story is there is nothing we've heard so far that proves he should be punished, lots of plausible deniability) this team is dangerous. May be the team I would be most concerned about Boston facing in the Finals.

Trollsmasher
12-17-2023, 09:00 AM
If the Thunder face the Lakers in a series, who wins? Honestly before the season I would have picked LA but my mind is changing and Holmgren is the main reason. Assuming Giddey isn't in major trouble (and I don't think he is, whatever the real story is there is nothing we've heard so far that proves he should be punished, lots of plausible deniability) this team is dangerous. May be the team I would be most concerned about Boston facing in the Finals.

The more Giddey plays the worse OKC gets. They are pretty much trading him for anyone remotely useful away from being legit contenders.

Lakers might be able to overpower them inside where Chet is the only line of defense and OKC thus gives up a ton of offensive boards but I wouldnt count on it.

tontoz
12-17-2023, 09:58 AM
The more Giddey plays the worse OKC gets. They are pretty much trading him for anyone remotely useful away from being legit contenders.

Lakers might be able to overpower them inside where Chet is the only line of defense and OKC thus gives up a ton of offensive boards but I wouldnt count on it.

Yeah OKC needs another big in the worst way and they have the assets to get one.

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2023, 10:32 AM

Everything I say is with the assumption he gets cleared. He's not at his best right now and I believe that is because of what he has going on off the court. Assuming he's clears this season he's a good player, capable of running the offense from a forward spot. Not a shooter but everyone doesn't have to be a shooter and it's not like he's Ben Simmons out there. He's the kind of player you want in rotation, maybe not starting but if not starting a great versatile sixth man. When the controversy goes away he'll be better.

ArbitraryWater
12-17-2023, 10:47 AM

wut?

Giddey is a good player

tontoz
12-17-2023, 11:02 AM
wut?

Giddey is a good player

He's been awful this season.

Trollsmasher
12-17-2023, 11:05 AM
wut?

Giddey is a good player

Nah. He doesn't really do anything for a team other than pass the rock, except he is such a non threat offensively (sub 50% TS) that it cannot result in good team offense. That might be fine for a play-in team, but not for a team that is trying to contend. He also subaverage defender.

Giddey has on/off of -13 while starting for a 16-8 team. He is holding them back.

Im Still Ballin
12-17-2023, 11:19 AM
Nah. He doesn't really do anything for a team other than pass the rock, except he is such a non threat offensively (sub 50% TS) that it cannot result in good team offense. That might be fine for a play-in team, but not for a team that is trying to contend. He also subaverage defender.

Giddey has on/off of -13 while starting for a 16-8 team. He is holding them back.

Unless you can get a Lauri Markannen-level player, it would be hasty to trade him. He's young; if they can re-sign him on a cheap deal he can have value in the future. Whether as a playmaker off the bench or as a trade piece. The key to his development is his three-point shooting. He started out slow but has shot well recently.

tontoz
12-17-2023, 11:23 AM
Unless you can get a Lauri Markannen-level player, it would be hasty to trade him. He's young; if they can re-sign him on a cheap deal he can have value in the future. Whether as a playmaker off the bench or as a trade piece.

They have so many draft picks there is no point in resigning a guy who is underperforming. They should pay up for Chet and Jalen. They already resigned SGA. They will want to go cheap with the supporting cast.

Im Still Ballin
12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
They have so many draft picks there is no point in resigning a guy who is underperforming. They should pay up for Chet and Jalen. They already resigned SGA. They will want to go cheap with the supporting cast.

Underperformance is exactly why you might be able to get him really cheap.

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2023, 11:50 AM

The way the cap keeps going up I wouldn't be too worried about that right now, especially when with this scandal and his numbers not being so great you could get him signed on a contract that like like a steal down the line. Now with all of their assets he could of course be traded if the right deal comes along but just evaluating the team as is that's a great core and he can be part of it.

FultzNationRISE
12-17-2023, 12:08 PM

I guess the numbers are the numbers but in the games Ive seen it doesnt look like hes some kind of liability out there, just going by eye test. A shooting slump over a quarter of a season is probably one of the more forgiving struggles a 21 year old player could have.

Hes probably never gonna be a guy who goes out there and beats teams by himself, his ceiling may just be as a quality glue guy, but his size at the position and willingness to use the weapons around him would make me leery of writing him off too quickly.

Xiao Yao You
12-17-2023, 12:22 PM
Unless you can get a Lauri Markannen-level player, it would be hasty to trade him. He's young; if they can re-sign him on a cheap deal he can have value in the future. Whether as a playmaker off the bench or as a trade piece. The key to his development is his three-point shooting. He started out slow but has shot well recently.

Sounds like that is who they are after. Rather they are going to give up the package it takes to make Danny happy is the question. I'd guess 3 unprotected 1sts minimum

tontoz
12-17-2023, 12:31 PM
Sounds like that is who they are after. Rather they are going to give up the package it takes to make Danny happy is the question. I'd guess 3 unprotected 1sts minimum

I am not sure he is what they need. I think they need more of a defense/rebounder like Mitchell Robinson.

Their defensive rebounding is bottom of the league.

Xiao Yao You
12-17-2023, 01:40 PM
I am not sure he is what they need. I think they need more of a defense/rebounder like Mitchell Robinson.

Their defensive rebounding is bottom of the league.

he's a pretty good rebounder and a decent defender especially if you aren't playing him out of position at the 3

fsvr54
12-17-2023, 05:26 PM
Giddey is a good player