PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Beal hurt again

Street Hunger
12-17-2023, 11:09 PM
All I think of when I think of of Bradley Beal is scoring and injuries.

Street Hunger
12-17-2023, 11:10 PM
He's now out with an ankle injury for at least the next few weeks.

warriorfan
12-18-2023, 10:17 AM
@kblaze
@dmavs

:lol

hold this L
12-18-2023, 12:30 PM
Doesn't he make 50 million + a year? Why do GMs give out super maxes to guys who will be injured and old as dirt?

tontoz
12-18-2023, 01:28 PM
Doesn't he make 50 million + a year? Why do GMs give out super maxes to guys who will be injured and old as dirt?

Don't forget the no trade clause :facepalm

FKAri
12-18-2023, 01:47 PM
Don't forget the no trade clause :facepalm

John Wall contract had already done damage to the Wizards but Beal's has put the franchise on sleep mode for a generation. Neither of their fault. More on management but it's also just awful luck. Golden State invested on a small, injury prone guard and became a dynasty.

Kblaze8855
12-18-2023, 01:51 PM
@kblaze
@dmavs

:lol

Is there new information? He played 40 and 50 games the last 2 years. They obviously built this team trying to win a title and thus far all 3 pieces have been out. But it working or not working isn’t gonna be a matter of what happened in December. They’re pretty much the definition of an all in team. They either win a title or they don’t. How many regular season wins they get isn’t really anybody’s concern so long as they make the playoffs.

with the already built-in cap increases being greater than the rise in his salary relative to the cap he makes more now than he’s going to make each of the next few years. The Suns are owned by a billionaire banker. I suspect he has an accountant or two who already ran these numbers.

No part of the math was likely to be concerned with their record in December. They can be well under the cap again in 26. Nothing about this arrangement is long term either way. The dudes career is risk assessment. I suspect he has people who assessed the risk and found it far less significant than you think it is.

bladefd
12-18-2023, 02:16 PM

It's the Wizards, one of the worst run organizations in the NBA going back many years.

warriorfan
12-20-2023, 12:00 AM
Is there new information? He played 40 and 50 games the last 2 years. They obviously built this team trying to win a title and thus far all 3 pieces have been out. But it working or not working isn’t gonna be a matter of what happened in December. They’re pretty much the definition of an all in team. They either win a title or they don’t. How many regular season wins they get isn’t really anybody’s concern so long as they make the playoffs.

with the already built-in cap increases being greater than the rise in his salary relative to the cap he makes more now than he’s going to make each of the next few years. The Suns are owned by a billionaire banker. I suspect he has an accountant or two who already ran these numbers.

No part of the math was likely to be concerned with their record in December. They can be well under the cap again in 26. Nothing about this arrangement is long term either way. The dudes career is risk assessment. I suspect he has people who assessed the risk and found it far less significant than you think it is.

bro

just man up and eat shit :lol

warriorfan
12-20-2023, 12:03 AM
John Wall contract had already done damage to the Wizards but Beal's has put the franchise on sleep mode for a generation. Neither of their fault. More on management but it's also just awful luck. Golden State invested on a small, injury prone guard and became a dynasty.

I see where your take is going and it’s interesting but golden state didn’t necessarily invest in steph in my opinion. they offered him a pretty low but fair market offer and no other teams were climbing over each other to sign him so it got done. and i would use this as an exception not the rule, i wouldn’t make a practice out of re upping on prospect undersized guards.

Kblaze8855
12-20-2023, 12:22 AM
bro

just man up and eat shit :lol

when something happens that harms anybody maybe I’ll see the problem. You complained about him getting his contract claiming they would be stuck with it. They obviously weren’t. They also didn’t pay it. Just flipped it for draft picks. The team that got him is trying to win a championship and would get clowned if they lose in the playoffs no matter the record in December. A team that is going to be under the cap in two years and change no matter what.

There is no long-term issue and nothing that happens before the playoffs even matters for this team. You just out here celebrating injury prone people being injured. That’s one of those things I don’t get. I don’t like a lot of people. I think a lot of people are overrated or have any number of issues. But I’m not rooting for stars to be hurt and laughing about it. What good does it do? For anybody?

When you have a problem with some athlete or their fans and they’re getting carted off and about to miss time, is that what you consider a win? Making the sport worse for everyone?

I don’t care about Bradley Beal or the suns, but I do care about interesting games being on to kill time when I’m sitting around the house at night. Injuries suck no matter who gets hurt. Even the people I want to see lose I want to see lose on the court. who enjoys some injured star in street clothes? Over some argument about them getting paid two years ago? That led to absolutely no harm whatsoever and some picks?

warriorfan
12-20-2023, 06:28 AM
when something happens that harms anybody maybe I’ll see the problem. You complained about him getting his contract claiming they would be stuck with it. They obviously weren’t. They also didn’t pay it. Just flipped it for draft picks. The team that got him is trying to win a championship and would get clowned if they lose in the playoffs no matter the record in December. A team that is going to be under the cap in two years and change no matter what.

There is no long-term issue and nothing that happens before the playoffs even matters for this team. You just out here celebrating injury prone people being injured. That’s one of those things I don’t get. I don’t like a lot of people. I think a lot of people are overrated or have any number of issues. But I’m not rooting for stars to be hurt and laughing about it. What good does it do? For anybody?

When you have a problem with some athlete or their fans and they’re getting carted off and about to miss time, is that what you consider a win? Making the sport worse for everyone?

I don’t care about Bradley Beal or the suns, but I do care about interesting games being on to kill time when I’m sitting around the house at night. Injuries suck no matter who gets hurt. Even the people I want to see lose I want to see lose on the court. who enjoys some injured star in street clothes? Over some argument about them getting paid two years ago? That led to absolutely no harm whatsoever and some picks?

No

I said it was a suicidal contract to sign a declining injury prone guy who is on the wrong side of 30 and wasn’t that great in the first place for 50 mil a year for 4 years or whatever it is

Just man up an admit you were wrong. When you start going on like this it makes it look like your words per minute are higher than your iq

Real Men Wear Green
12-20-2023, 07:51 AM
No

I said it was a suicidal contract to sign a declining injury prone guy who is on the wrong side of 30 and wasn’t that great in the first place for 50 mil a year for 4 years or whatever it is

Just man up an admit you were wrong. When you start going on like this it makes it look like your words per minute are higher than your iq
The Wizards signed him. How has it hurt the Wizards? You're an idiot, "bro."

Kblaze8855
12-20-2023, 10:04 AM
No

Do you understand what suicide means?

It doesn’t mean paying someone Vanvleet money for one season and then getting like 4-5 first round pick swaps and a gang of second rounders and still getting the 7th pick for the one year you paid.

it’s like you really go beyond not understanding business to not even understanding the words you’re using.

i’m already wordy by nature but on this particular issue, it’s because I could see where you would be coming from if you didn’t have all the information. I don’t think you’re stupid enough to not grasp how signing somebody to a contract you don’t even have to pay and trading it for more than you would have if you had let them walk does harm. At this point, I can’t tell if you actually are stupid enough that you can’t get your head around it or if you’re just trolling.

it doesn’t matter what I agreed to pay you over five years when somebody else is willing to pay it for me and give me a bunch of stuff I otherwise wouldn’t have in exchange for you. The wizards are paying none of the money and getting somewhere from 5 to 9 draft picks depending on if they choose to exercise the swaps yearly.

You likening that to suicide is too stupid for me to believe you actually think which is why I always try to explain it so thoroughly.

I’m simply in disbelief you can’t get your head around it

Wally450
12-20-2023, 10:28 AM
Booker, Durant, Beal might play less games together than Durant, Kyrie and Harden did.

dazzer87
12-20-2023, 11:11 AM
This fool is faking it…Injury again….:roll: SUNS :roll:

bison
12-20-2023, 12:15 PM
In this era of injuries and load managing I don’t know why teams still chase the front loaded ‘3 star’ model to roster building. It doesn’t and usually hasn’t ever worked aside from a few cases. Depth wins championships most of the time.

ArbitraryWater
12-20-2023, 12:32 PM
In this era of injuries and load managing I don’t know why teams still chase the front loaded ‘3 star’ model to roster building. It doesn’t and usually hasn’t ever worked aside from a few cases. Depth wins championships most of the time.

Its an easy way to cheat the process and strategy and work... if theyre all healthy youre always in with a shot.

sdot_thadon
12-20-2023, 01:37 PM
Its an easy way to cheat the process and strategy and work... if theyre all healthy youre always in with a shot.

He's right though, if you think about it....it's only been successful(champions) like 2 or 3 times in 20 plus years vs. many attempts.