PDA

View Full Version : Embiid had French food tonight! Drops 51/12/3 on Gobert!

RRR3
12-20-2023, 10:36 PM
https://i.ibb.co/5MpLwW7/IMG-3280.png

SATAN
12-20-2023, 10:39 PM
can't quit me!

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2023, 10:41 PM
Wolves start 3 7 footers but it was all on Gobert in his 24 minutes :roll:

StrongLurk
12-20-2023, 10:42 PM
Honestly no one cares what Embiid does in the reg season anymore.

He needs to show up in the playoffs.

ShawkFactory
12-20-2023, 10:43 PM
Wolves start 3 7 footers but it was all on Gobert in his 24 minutes :roll:

Why'd he only play 24 minutes?

He's one of the best and most impactful players in the league, yes?

Mask the Embiid
12-20-2023, 10:48 PM
Toody seen joel had it rollin’ early and intentionally got in foul trouble to get out “of this”

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2023, 10:48 PM
Why'd he only play 24 minutes?

He's one of the best and most impactful players in the league, yes?

rare foul trouble I would assume. Falling to floor paid off I guess

Xiao Yao You
12-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Toody seen joel had it rollin’ early and intentionally got in foul trouble to get out “of this”

yeah that sounds like him :facepalm

Manny98
12-20-2023, 10:53 PM
Embarrassing

RRR3
12-20-2023, 10:59 PM
Toody is great against role player centers but when he has to face a star big he gets the shivers.

PeroAntic
12-21-2023, 07:57 AM
When Toody's team wins, he gets all the credit because hes such an amazing defensive anchor. When they lose, its everybody else's fault. Toody can't guard everyone! You cant quit me! Jabari Parker waaa!!!

^xiao in a nutshell

ShawkFactory
12-21-2023, 08:34 AM
rare foul trouble I would assume. Falling to floor paid off I guess

You didn’t even watch?

Real Men Wear Green
12-21-2023, 09:22 AM
Embiid is strange. I worry a bit when the Celtics face him because they have a limited number of guys that match his size. But here we have a team that matches his size better than anyone and they get worked.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2023, 09:50 AM
When Toody's team wins, he gets all the credit because hes such an amazing defensive anchor. When they lose, its everybody else's fault. Toody can't guard everyone! You cant quit me! Jabari Parker waaa!!!

^xiao in a nutshell

With the Jazz he got most of the credit because they sucked without him. Last night THEY lost a road game to a good team. Next!

Kblaze8855
12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
He played low minutes because he couldn’t guard Embiid. He reached and clearly fouled him rising for a mid range. He drove him right under the basket from like 20 feet and drew a foul in the restricted when Rudy was trying the Hibbert verticality defense. He was sliding his feet trying to stop a drive. Was late. After that he was just getting jumpers on his head and giving up open ones dropping into the paint like he didn’t know Embiid doesn’t miss.

Embiid is definitely a ho in ways but that man is skilled as ****, physical, and aggressive with it.

Rudy can’t guard him but a lot of great defenders can’t either.

Rudy is there to defend the other team not stop individuals. It was stupid to have him on him to begin with.

A guy like that who is an expert drawing fouls and can score on anyone?

Put someone else on him and let Rudy hold down the paint. Embiid was dragging him out to 3 with Maxey driving into the unprotected basket(KAT being in the way is unprotected).

He can move around too much. He can take you where he wants to get you outta position. He’s damn near KD or Dirk pulling up at this point. If you get in the way he’s going to your chest and then he’s gonna fall over. You play with a hand in his face he gets low then forces you to hit his arms as he rises. You crowd him he drives for a dunk.

Hes gotta be such a nightmare.

Id just pull my rim protector off him and let the 4 guard him. Hes gonna have 30-50 either way. Don’t foul out your best defender and have him out of position in the process.

Im Still Ballin
12-21-2023, 10:46 AM
Embiid's midrange game has gotten so incredibly good. He's shooting 54% (109/203) on two-point shots from 10+ feet. That's 8.5 attempts per game. Just incredible stuff. To put things into perspective, the average half-court play is worth 0.984 points per possession. The team with the number one ranked PPP from a half-court play is Indiana - 1.062 points per possession.

Joel's 10+ feet midrange jump shots are worth 1.08 points per possession, and that doesn't even include any points from fouls drawn. Heavily guarded, more than half of those shots unassisted, can get them at will. Just an unstoppable scorer with all the tools in his toolbox. Conditioning is the only question really. His sometimes poor shot selection is usually just him being tired.

tpols
12-21-2023, 11:38 AM
He played low minutes because he couldn’t guard Embiid. He reached and clearly fouled him rising for a mid range. He drove him right under the basket from like 20 feet and drew a foul in the restricted when Rudy was trying the Hibbert verticality defense. He was sliding his feet trying to stop a drive. Was late. After that he was just getting jumpers on his head and giving up open ones dropping into the paint like he didn’t know Embiid doesn’t miss.

Embiid is definitely a ho in ways but that man is skilled as ****, physical, and aggressive with it.

Rudy can’t guard him but a lot of great defenders can’t either.

Rudy is there to defend the other team not stop individuals. It was stupid to have him on him to begin with.

A guy like that who is an expert drawing fouls and can score on anyone?

Put someone else on him and let Rudy hold down the paint. Embiid was dragging him out to 3 with Maxey driving into the unprotected basket(KAT being in the way is unprotected).

He can move around too much. He can take you where he wants to get you outta position. He’s damn near KD or Dirk pulling up at this point. If you get in the way he’s going to your chest and then he’s gonna fall over. You play with a hand in his face he gets low then forces you to hit his arms as he rises. You crowd him he drives for a dunk.

Hes gotta be such a nightmare.

Id just pull my rim protector off him and let the 4 guard him. Hes gonna have 30-50 either way. Don’t foul out your best defender and have him out of position in the process.

How they did Gobert @1:05 here was dirty. :lol

https://youtu.be/xgqB8vAt5Ns?si=JbWWbWIrmCovwuH2

Trucked him and then threw the ball in his lap while he's on the ground. That was disrespectful.

It's honestly impossible to guard embiid in the regular season when he's allowed to truck you with no call, but if you offer up any resistance he'll flop and hit the deck and get free throws.

Im Still Ballin
12-21-2023, 11:50 AM
His midrange shot has been off this season but I just checked what Kevin Durant shot on 10+ feet two-point shots last season. Damn! 57% (227/397) on 8.5 attempts per game. The season before that? 54% (292/537) on 9.8 attempts per game.

Joel is stroking it like KD this season. He's always been great but never this level of great. More like a 45-50% guy over the last few seasons.

Media Moderator
12-21-2023, 11:59 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/tCLNKnNT/Screenshot-2023-12-21-07-53-30-63-680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

3ba11
12-21-2023, 12:20 PM
I thought it was easier to defend centers today because of "shading" and "strong-side flood"...

lol

Jokic and Embiid have the best production rates in a league of guards and perimeter stars - the reality is that the spacing benefits all positions, but centers are just a rare breed - everyone wants to be a guard and 3-point shooter but the post, paint and mid-range are actually wide open - Jokic and Embiid prove quite definitively that 3-point shooting isn't needed to have the best production rates in today's game.

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2023, 12:48 PM
How they did Gobert @1:05 here was dirty. :lol

https://youtu.be/xgqB8vAt5Ns?si=JbWWbWIrmCovwuH2

Trucked him and then threw the ball in his lap while he's on the ground. That was disrespectful.

It's honestly impossible to guard embiid in the regular season when he's allowed to truck you with no call, but if you offer up any resistance he'll flop and hit the deck and get free throws.

that's the NBA today. Amazing that the Wolves D has been as good as it has when the offense has all the advantages. Appeared that Towns and Reid took most of the abuse not Gobert as expected

RRR3
12-21-2023, 01:41 PM
It’s never Toody’s fault

warriorfan
12-21-2023, 01:46 PM
Rudy Gobert legit sucks at basketball

bison
12-21-2023, 03:18 PM
It’s never Toody’s fault

can't quit him

Xiao Yao You
12-21-2023, 03:27 PM