PDA

View Full Version : Jokic leaving Nike for a Chinese shoe company called 361.

Kblaze8855
12-21-2023, 01:55 PM
The same one Aaron Gordon and Jimmer are with.

Not sure why. I’ve heard he didn’t have his own shoe yet but I have no idea if it’s true. Not something I keep up with.

Kblaze8855
12-21-2023, 02:00 PM
He stopped wearing Nikes last game and wore these instead

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2312212328410302.jpeg

May be Aaron Gordons. Not sure. It’s that brand.

Wardell Curry
12-21-2023, 02:00 PM
Not sure why?

Money.

NBA players love slave labor so long as the slaves aren't black and live on the other side of the world.

warriorfan
12-21-2023, 02:50 PM
let’s see if he gets injured

Baller234
12-21-2023, 03:24 PM
So he left one chinese shoe company for another chinese shoe company?

Thorpesaurous
12-21-2023, 03:29 PM
The Gordon shoe from a couple years ago was really nice. I'm sure having Gordon on the Nuggets helped smooth the transition for them. Gordon was their signature guy. They were sort of hoping all the dunk contest stuff would boost his market. Never really happened. Nice shoe though.

FultzNationRISE
12-21-2023, 04:39 PM
Arent Nike shoes made in China anyway?

Not sure what meaningful difference there is between Nike and any Chinese shoe company.

SATAN
12-21-2023, 06:00 PM
Jokic the fascist strikes again

SATAN
12-21-2023, 06:01 PM
Arent Nike shoes made in China anyway?

Not sure what meaningful difference there is between Nike and any Chinese shoe company.

Not all Nike is made by slave labor.

HylianNightmare
12-21-2023, 09:45 PM
He's gonna get his own sig within months

warriorfan
12-21-2023, 09:46 PM
what happened to fultz’s previous post?

Kblaze8855
12-21-2023, 09:55 PM
He deleted it. I was gonna come in here and ask precisely what he was on during that stream of consciousness he just spewed but since he deleted it I chose to let it go. I can still see it but the unwritten rules suggest I can’t hold a deleted post against you.

Jasper
12-21-2023, 09:57 PM
Joker said it will make him look like he is lumbering down the court... but when he jumps he will have 4' clearance.

FultzNationRISE
12-21-2023, 10:06 PM
what happened to fultz’s previous post?

Old habit of typing out any/every opinion I have, which I really try to avoid now since it invariably gets misunderstood, then I feel like I have to defend it, and I just spend way too much time explaining whats simply not necessary to explain to an audience at a basketball message board.

People dont have to know or understand everything as I see it. I used to think they do :lol but it’s not the correct way to go about things. But I still sometimes slip back into the habit of posting insights that just aren’t useful to share with a broad audience. And then it turns into a 10 page argument that I gain nothing from putting my time into.

tpols
12-21-2023, 10:08 PM

If anything he won't be.

He's riding with the Global GDP gang bloods now, you feel me?

https://imgc.artprintimages.com/img/print/aaaaaa-china-flag_u-l-q1k8gpz0.jpg

egokiller
12-21-2023, 11:56 PM
So he left one chinese shoe company for another chinese shoe company?

Solid reply. Imagine waiting in line at 8am for some kicks at the store that we’re made by cheap china labor and paying $150 for something that cost $5 to make.

HylianNightmare
12-22-2023, 12:56 AM

Has AG or butler been injured allot since switching?

90sgoat
12-22-2023, 04:57 AM
He is a serb after all and the US hasn't exactly been nice to the serbs.

I respect it. The US and their mega-companies can go stuff it.

warriorfan
12-22-2023, 05:04 AM
Has AG or butler been injured allot since switching?

I don’t think so but i’ve seen things about people linking wack shoes to injuries, grant hill and lonzo ball. I haven’t heard people talk about it but come to think of it klay got with a weird chinese company then had a bunch of injuries too.

Kblaze8855
12-22-2023, 09:52 AM
Quick question about the Nike in China issue. People are calling Nike a Chinese company. The largest BMW plant that makes the most cars of any of their factories is like 20 minutes from me in South Carolina. America also buys more BMWs than any European country. Second in the world after China. So what are we calling BMW? An American company?

FultzNationRISE
12-22-2023, 12:13 PM
Quick question about the Nike in China issue. People are calling Nike a Chinese company. The largest BMW plant that makes the most cars of any of their factories is like 20 minutes from me in South Carolina. America also buys more BMWs than any European country. Second in the world after China. So what are we calling BMW? An American company?

To some extent, but automobiles are also a product with a constant need for R&D and engineering and redesign and so on, which for bmw probably still takes place primarily in Germany.

Shoes are pretty much done as a technological concept at this point. They dont require any expertise to create the latest model. Youre really just changing patterns and colors and you dont need an established leader in the industry to do that.

Wardell Curry
12-22-2023, 12:17 PM
Shoes are pretty much done as a technological concept at this point. They dont require any expertise to create the latest model. Youre really just changing patterns and colors and you dont need an established leader in the industry to do that.

Ask Lonzo Ball if he agrees.

Kblaze8855
12-22-2023, 12:35 PM
Long as The designer and owner of a car company is German It’s a German car company despite the car being built and sold mostly elsewhere. But a shoe company that is designed and owned in America is not American if they are built elsewhere…because shoes require less R&D?

feels like a pretty weak distinction.

To me, we just live in a very connected world with interconnected economies. China being set up to manufacture, massive amounts of clothes on the cheap doesn’t make every clothes company doing business there Chinese any more than America having the infrastructure and willingness to support other manufacturing, makes any company building and selling products in America an American company.

A lot of shit gets built here by international companies(including Chinese companies). A lot of shit gets made in China by international companies. I’m not seeing how they stop being French, Japanese, German or American companies.

FultzNationRISE
12-22-2023, 01:16 PM
Long as The designer and owner of a car company is German It’s a German car company despite the car being built and sold mostly elsewhere. But a shoe company that is designed and owned in America is not American if they are built elsewhere…because shoes require less R&D?

feels like a pretty weak distinction.

To me, we just live in a very connected world with interconnected economies. China being set up to manufacture, massive amounts of clothes on the cheap doesn’t make every clothes company doing business there Chinese any more than America having the infrastructure and willingness to support other manufacturing, makes any company building and selling products in America an American company.

A lot of shit gets built here by international companies(including Chinese companies). A lot of shit gets made in China by international companies. I’m not seeing how they stop being French, Japanese, German or American companies.

I think the comments made about it were pretty tongue in cheek in any case. I was just giving some justification for why it *could* actually be seen as such. I dont think they actually need to have some formal change of designation.

Kblaze8855
12-22-2023, 01:51 PM
I don’t think Anyone literally thinks Nike needs to move its headquarters to China. It’s just an observation. Seems weird how people look at clothes companies As of half the shit in the world isn’t manufactured somewhere other than where the parent company was founded. My friend works for a Canadian company that makes eyedrops here in South Carolina and sends them to Japan.

Thats just living in the modern world.

bdonovan
12-22-2023, 02:41 PM
Slave labor doesn't exist. It's a propaganda phrase with no meaning. Think harder. (or try learning about the economic concept of comparative advantage)

Prison labor does exist in China and we ought to bring that concept to the US.

The idea that criminals cost us ~$50,000 per year is ludicrous. It's not enough for criminals to harm the public, they have to jack us financially as well. Criminals SHOULD work.

As for Jokic, despite being MVP and one of the best players perennially, Nike never gave him a signature line of shoes. Perhaps this Chinese company believes in him in a way that Western shoe makers don't for some reason.

FultzNationRISE
12-22-2023, 03:20 PM
As for Jokic, despite being MVP and one of the best players perennially, Nike never gave him a signature line of shoes. Perhaps this Chinese company believes in him in a way that Western shoe makers don't for some reason.

I mean its pretty understandable if a company isnt in a rush to have Jokic promote their shoe. He’s basically today’s Duncan. He gets results but he doesnt draw attention. He doesnt do the things kids playing across the country wanna do, which is crossovers, dreamshakes, and dunks. He doesnt gesture in celebration every time he makes a three.

Hes just not a guy the shoe buying public is generally wont to imitate. If youre buyin a specific athlete’s shoe, its easier and more interesting to imagine the shoe will make you quick like Curry, rather than able to tip an offensive rebound back up above your opponents reach so that you can then tip it in the basket on the second time.

Thats just not somethin kids are gonna look for in a shoe. So it’s understandable a company doesnt wanna invest a lot into production and then shipping it over to American shelves where it may just collect dust.

Its a bit diff in China since they can just make it in the backyard and sell it domestically. If it doesnt move you dont lose as much as companies shipping em all to the US to be distributed in stores here