PDA

View Full Version : Would a star player gambling on his games change your perspective of him?

Wardell Curry
12-21-2023, 06:39 PM
What if he always bet on his team to win?

What if he shaved points but never purposefully threw a game?

I already know what you're going to say if he purposefully lost.

Duffy Pratt
12-22-2023, 04:22 PM
What if he always bet on his team to win?

What if he shaved points but never purposefully threw a game?

I already know what you're going to say if he purposefully lost.

If he always bet on his team, and bet the same on every game, it would make no difference to me. Otherwise, it’s too easy to adjust how you play to maximize your gambling income. It’s too easy to take the night off on the games where you haven’t placed a bet, or to take unnecessary risks in a game where you’ve got a big bet.

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 01:30 PM
Watch Gary Paytons reaction here

https://twitter.com/kingtailorgang/status/1738447020979843223?s=46&t=6wC01e_jvrTUpW4eOxrXKA

ILLsmak
12-23-2023, 04:37 PM
If dude bet on himself without regard for points, I don't see how that affects anyone. Once you get into spread tho it's sus.

-Smak

pearlhaira2
12-24-2023, 03:29 AM
Yes because he can do anything for money even can play with your emotions to win that gamble.

Baller234
12-24-2023, 02:18 PM
Lebron's friend and manager was just recently caught betting on Laker games via an offshore account.

Safe to say that shady shit happens all the time.

Wardell Curry
12-24-2023, 02:26 PM
Watch Gary Paytons reaction here

https://twitter.com/kingtailorgang/status/1738447020979843223?s=46&t=6wC01e_jvrTUpW4eOxrXKA

Well that certainly appears to say quite a lot.

Wardell Curry
12-24-2023, 02:31 PM
But it's not just GP Jr, either. That clip has Steph and Paul clearly reacting as well. Interesting indeed.

warriorfan
12-24-2023, 02:44 PM
But it's not just GP Jr, either. That clip has Steph and Paul clearly reacting as well. Interesting indeed.

maybe dray bet huge on the game or something and they knew about it :lol

Wardell Curry
12-24-2023, 02:56 PM
maybe dray bet huge on the game or something and they knew about it :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqk6nATozgc

Steph and Chris are laughing their ass off and GPJr looks mortified.

My gut says GPJr is mocking sports bettors that constantly make comments/reacts to these types of things at games and CP3/Steph found it humorous. It's either that or he had money on the game and they knew. You decide.

I think it's one or the other.

bdonovan
12-24-2023, 03:22 PM
Don't Bet: Play normally, getting paid anyway. Play well but don't kill yourself.

Bet on your team winning: Play as if your life depended on it

I'd like to see players play with a kind of desperation towards the end of the game, ripping the ball away from the opposing player with the ferocity of a saberwolf, and dunk the ball by jumping beyond his physical limitations just like a mother with adrenalin can lift a car off her child, when he realizes his $1M bet is on the line.

You're going to see some insane athleticism is what I'm saying.

ShawkFactory
12-24-2023, 04:05 PM
Don't Bet: Play normally, getting paid anyway. Play well but don't kill yourself.

Bet on your team winning: Play as if your life depended on it

I'd like to see players play with a kind of desperation towards the end of the game, ripping the ball away from the opposing player with the ferocity of a saberwolf, and dunk the ball by jumping beyond his physical limitations just like a mother with adrenalin can lift a car off her child, when he realizes his $1M bet is on the line.

You're going to see some insane athleticism is what I'm saying.

So only moneyline though?

BarberSchool
12-25-2023, 12:27 PM
Only if he was betting on straight win/loss, always with similar amounts of bread on his own team every game. That’s cool.

Absolutley not, if he’s incorporating point spread, or fantasy numbers, or stat parlays or anything like that. Then that’s garbage.

BarberSchool
12-25-2023, 12:31 PM
I'd like to see players play with a kind of desperation towards the end of the game, ripping the ball away from the opposing player with the ferocity of a saberwolf, and dunk the ball by jumping beyond his physical limitations just like a mother with adrenalin can lift a car off her child, when he realizes his $1M bet is on the line.I agree intensity would increase greatly if more players bet on a straight win/loss for their own squad, but the mom lifting car, saberwolf-lol, and misspelled adrenaline reads like you believe that getting bit by a radioactive spider gives a nicca superpowers lol

ILLsmak
12-25-2023, 04:58 PM
I agree intensity would increase greatly if more players bet on a straight win/loss for their own squad, but the mom lifting car, saberwolf-lol, and misspelled adrenaline reads like you believe that getting bit by a radioactive spider gives a nicca superpowers lol

dude went full napoleon dynamite.

-Smak

bdonovan
12-26-2023, 01:51 AM
I agree intensity would increase greatly if more players bet on a straight win/loss for their own squad, but the mom lifting car, saberwolf-lol, and misspelled adrenaline reads like you believe that getting bit by a radioactive spider gives a nicca superpowers lol

Yeah I was having some fun with it lol, not being literal