PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Dallas role players are horrible.

meat
12-23-2023, 09:46 AM
Who are these guys even? They're terrible. I guess Cuban lost interest in this crap and selling the team?

tontoz
12-23-2023, 10:23 AM
Their role players have actually been doing very well overall this season. Their big problem right now is missing their starting and backup centers as well as their 2nd leading scorer.

Have you even watched any of their games?

ralph_i_el
12-23-2023, 01:50 PM
Hardaway and Lively are really good role players. Kleber is too, he's just been out.

90sgoat
12-23-2023, 01:53 PM
They have zero rim protection or playmaking with Luka, Kyrie and Lively out.

FultzNationRISE
12-23-2023, 02:00 PM
When everyone's healthy it's not a bad rotation but their depth is definitely a shortcoming.

Axe
12-23-2023, 04:27 PM
Grant williams probably thought that he's still a team flopper for the Cs, even though he's already playing for a new team. :durantunimpressed:

ImKobe
12-24-2023, 10:11 AM
Mavs actually got a decent cast of role guys, perhaps the best that Luka's had around him. Exum has been a huge W signing for them thus far. The injuries are holding them back atm.

90sgoat
12-24-2023, 10:28 AM
Mavs actually got a decent cast of role guys, perhaps the best that Luka's had around him. Exum has been a huge W signing for them thus far. The injuries are holding them back atm.

Yes, they have the best group of guys that Luka has had, but they're lacking severely in some areas and other times it's hard to tell if it is just Jason Kidd.

Grant Williams is a very good signing, he's exactly the player Luka needs, because he can contribute a lot and only take 3 shots. He might be overpaid, but his PJ Tucker role is perfect for Luka/Harden.

Lively is a very intelligent young center, which is why Mavs suck when he isn't playing. Dwight Howard is universally seen as useless outside as a culture guy. Richaun Holmes is not liked by Kidd, which is weird, because he seems like he plays hard and rebounds, though is too short to provide rim protection.

Mavs other issue is that their backup guards, Tim Hardaway Junior, Josh Green, Jaden Hardy and Seth Curry are not playmakers at all and Josh Green and Hardy are not looking as good as last year. Seth Curry gets no play with Kidd and seems like a bust now. Exum is not really a playmaker either, but he plays hard and is a good bench guy.

O-Max Prosper, the other rookie, is too raw to be able to contribute.

Mavs need to trade some of their wings and get a center in return. I'd probably trade Josh Green and Jaden Hardy in a package with Dwight Powell. Both Green and Hardy have potential. I'd try getting Capella for such a package.

BarberSchool
12-25-2023, 12:23 PM
Dallas role players are terrible playmakers, but they’re good role players.

Especially Hardaway, Lively, Grant Williams, and Exum.

Getting destroyed by a bajillion points the other night was because Luka, Kyrie, and Lively were all out.