PDA

View Full Version : Let me ask you what should be a ridiculous question.

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 09:59 AM
https://youtu.be/VrMZQXaacQs?si=LMuFtlqRZnuwoW7w

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 09:59 AM
https://youtu.be/tmT4eDXSGFo?si=qebS4wuu4ezn7JCM

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 10:00 AM
https://youtu.be/Zkj7sr-DSsY?si=VJTL6kC80gdxiW6c

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 10:02 AM
Random games from Run-Tmc. Not their best. Just games you could reasonably expect.

Question….

You can have healthy prime Run TMC together for the next 5 seasons to build a team or healthy Jokic.

Which do you pick?

That should be a stupid question…1 guy vs 3 hall of famers…but I think people could go either way.

Id like to confirm.

Who you taking?

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2023, 10:05 AM
You’re right, it sounds ridiculous to take one guy over 3 who made like 15 All-NBA Teams combined, but I am 100% taking Jokic :lol

Wardell Curry
12-23-2023, 10:24 AM
While no player wins it alone and it's a team game, when the concentration of talent is so much higher in 1 person (Jokic in this case) you have to go that direction because hopefully you can fill in the gaps with the rest of the roster.

Wardell Curry
12-23-2023, 11:18 AM
Do you want Stephen Curry or do you want Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, and Andre Iguodala?

Do you want LeBron James or do you want Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love & Tristan Thompson?

See where I'm going with this?

ShawkFactory
12-23-2023, 11:56 AM
With those 3 you can’t really build all that much more. That’s 3 all stars already. I’d take Jokic.

But they were a hell of a lot of fun. Sarunas off the bench too.

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 12:06 PM
I’m trying to decide who the comparisons would be for these 3. Level wise….none of you are gonna say Timmy wasn’t Trae young I dont think. Mitch is a better defensive Derozen with 3 point range maybe. Mullin is hard to place.

Who would he need to be for a combo of Trae and super Demar to equal Jokic?

Xiao Yao You
12-23-2023, 12:23 PM
in the 90's Jokic for sure. Today TMC would be a lot better than they were then. They were small for that time. Today their size would play better. They'd all be scoring more and taking more 3's. Mullin was one of the best players in the league. I always thought of him like a smaller Bird and Hardaway at his best was a top pg when defense was still allowed. Richmond was a great 2 as well.

ralph_i_el
12-23-2023, 12:44 PM
Random games from Run-Tmc. Not their best. Just games you could reasonably expect.

Question….

You can have healthy prime Run TMC together for the next 5 seasons to build a team or healthy Jokic.

Which do you pick?

That should be a stupid question…1 guy vs 3 hall of famers…but I think people could go either way.

Id like to confirm.

Who you taking?

It's not a wild question, because you have to look at it with an eye towards the marginal improvements over a replacement player.

Basically, think:

The difference in impact between Jokic and a replacement center

vs.

The collective difference in impact of Hardaway, Richmond, and Mullin vs. the replacement players at their positions.

I'm taking Jokic :confusedshrug:

Basically I'm taking Jokic and 3 replacement perimeter guys over TMC and a replacement center.

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2023, 12:47 PM
I’m trying to decide who the comparisons would be for these 3. Level wise….none of you are gonna say Timmy wasn’t Trae young I dont think. Mitch is a better defensive Derozen with 3 point range maybe. Mullin is hard to place.

Who would he need to be for a combo of Trae and super Demar to equal Jokic?
I do not remotely like a Trae/DeRozan/TBD trio, regardless of who the other player is. I would not want to build around those 2. I’m not the biggest fan of Hardaway but I’d take him over those two, and I feel like Richmond’s game would be pretty portable on most teams.

Who’s the best player you’re taking those 3 over. You taking Butler over them?

ralph_i_el
12-23-2023, 12:51 PM
I always saw Beal compared to Richmond as a strong/physical scoring 2 with a jumper.

Mullin is maybe comparable to more-prolific Bojan Bogdanovic? When you look at their numbers per-100 possessions, they're pretty similar.

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 12:52 PM
Yes I think I’d take Jimmy Butler over both. Mullin is hard though. He was so much better than people watching clip of him think. And these days? Guess it comes down to how you value what you lose on defense. I go back and forth between thinking you can’t defend teams anyway and always wanting to lean toward the defender. It depends on position. I’m not even sure where to play Mullin now. Point…powerless power forward?

FultzNationRISE
12-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Hardaway I would say reminds me of someone like Jamal Murray. Not a big guy but uses his body well for his size and can score at three levels, also an underrated playmaker.

Mullin is hard to find a comparison for, even without limiting it to white players. Mikal Bridges?

tpols
12-23-2023, 01:17 PM
You generally don't win in the NBA without a superstar leader. So Jokic plus whoever you can sign is way better.

It's like the Bulls with Derozan, Lavine, and Vucevic... 3 All Stars, but you'll never win anything with them. Superstars rum this league outside rare exceptions like 2004 Detroit or whatever.

When was the last time a team won without a superstar?

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 01:22 PM
I’d actually say Run TMC today would be about 2.5 superstars. But I probably think Mullin was better than some of you do.

tpols
12-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Mullin is nice but he's not better than Jokic, Curry, Lebron, AD, Kawhi, Durant, Luka, Giannis, Embiid type superstar talents.

Kblaze8855
12-23-2023, 01:36 PM
The obvious issue is what constitutes a superstar caliber player. I’d say he could be one but not an elite player. If they mean the same thing to you then he wouldn’t be one.

FultzNationRISE
12-23-2023, 01:37 PM
Mullin is nice but he's not better than Jokic, Curry, Lebron, AD, Kawhi, Durant, Luka, Giannis, Embiid type superstar talents.

Okay well we're gonna set AD aside from that list because he's a role player.

But even among the rest of them, only 1 of the 8 has ever won an IST championship/MVP in his career.

So that just shows you how damn hard and competitive the level is right now.

tpols
12-23-2023, 01:48 PM
Okay well we're gonna set AD aside from that list because he's a role player.

But even among the rest of them, only 1 of the 8 has ever won an IST championship/MVP in his career.

So that just shows you how damn hard and competitive the level is right now.

I will forever remember The Championship as not only the greatest title in NBA history, but quite possibly the greatest sporting feat in human history.

And I won't ever let anybody come at me sideways on that bro.

FultzNationRISE
12-23-2023, 02:01 PM
I will forever remember The Championship as not only the greatest title in NBA history, but quite possibly the greatest sporting feat in human history.

And I won't ever let anybody come at me sideways on that bro.

https://i.gifer.com/6o5d.gif

Xiao Yao You
12-23-2023, 02:11 PM
I always saw Beal compared to Richmond as a strong/physical scoring 2 with a jumper.

Mullin is maybe comparable to more-prolific Bojan Bogdanovic? When you look at their numbers per-100 possessions, they're pretty similar.

Bojan can shoot and score not much else. Ideally a 6th man on a good team. Mullin was a great player that would be even better today

warriorfan
12-23-2023, 02:48 PM
Off the top of my head I saw Mullin compared to bridges, Mullin was better though

For Mullin I can’t think of any current players off the top of my head. He was a unique player.

Mitch Richmond is a strong wing with a very complete game. MJ used to give him big props back in the day. I would maybe say Richmond is a smaller Jimmy Butler?

Tim Hardaway would be maybe a rich man’s jalen brunson? Hardaway might have one of the better non carry crossovers ever. He’s also the funniest guy, not too long ago they brought the 3 in to announce a warriors game and it was great. Tim almost got kicked off for saying that was a rape when curry got mauled while going for a 3 pointer :lol

warriorfan
12-23-2023, 02:50 PM
Bojan can shoot and score not much else. Ideally a 6th man on a good team. Mullin was a great player that would be even better today

Mullin had some pretty great scoring seasons in the day. If the offensive focus was around getting up more 3’s he could be close to a 30 ppg scorer. He would play less minutes though, even though I think with more 3’s he would score even more today

Xiao Yao You
12-23-2023, 03:17 PM
Off the top of my head I saw Mullin compared to bridges, Mullin was better though

For Mullin I can’t think of any current players off the top of my head. He was a unique player.

Mitch Richmond is a strong wing with a very complete game. MJ used to give him big props back in the day. I would maybe say Richmond is a smaller Jimmy Butler?

Tim Hardaway would be maybe a rich man’s jalen brunson? Hardaway might have one of the better non carry crossovers ever. He’s also the funniest guy, not too long ago they brought the 3 in to announce a warriors game and it was great. Tim almost got kicked off for saying that was a rape when curry got mauled while going for a 3 pointer :lol

That was when I first remember the crossover being a thing

ILLsmak
12-23-2023, 04:15 PM

Question….

Which do you pick?

Id like to confirm.

Who you taking?

Depends on cap space. If they take up the same amount of cap space as Jokic's contract, I'm taking them every time, but 3 max v 1 max... hmmm. You can slot in some guys. But if the value of those players is equal, it's obvious the 3. If you get them all for 20 mil or whatever, even, it's still the 3. If they are all paid to the point your team consists of min salary dudes, nah.

That's what it comes down to. If you say ALL scrubbies Jokic v TMC, I'm taking TMC, all day. Even considering they don't have a big. It's just when you visualize things in your mind, you are putting 2 other decent players (at least) alongside Jokic. You KNOW Jokic is bound to get some other people. You also know that those guys won't have much extra to build around. Jokic + pretty good players is better than 3 stars w/ scrubbies.

-Smak

Reggie43
12-23-2023, 04:27 PM
Mullin would be Mvp caliber today while still having two other possible superstars. Yeah would probably take a healthy Run TMC.

NBAGOAT
12-23-2023, 05:05 PM
this is like brunson, beal, and someone with the impact of paul george. stylistically there isnt a good mullin comparison. jokic is that good i'll take him but you get to a bit worse of a superstar i'll take run tmc.

BarberSchool
12-25-2023, 12:50 PM
Mullin is like a Brooklyn Luka without PG handles/playmaking.

I always said Luka is Harden (good and bad), Peja, LeBron’s passing/playmaking with none of his athleticism or speed, and Mullin all rolled into one… with Bird’s clutch gene, but not Bird’s meanness gene.

Akeem34TheDream
12-25-2023, 04:14 PM
Depends on the contracts. If i have to max all of them then it's easily Jokic. Not even close. If i am paying the same amount of money in those options then it's easily TMC trio. Winning a championship is basically having the most efficient contracts unless you are over the cap.