PDA

View Full Version : Funny Michael Jordan story by Julian Edelman

tpols
12-28-2023, 12:28 PM
Link below narrated text.

I got a Jordan story. We're playing the superbowl 2014. The week before I took my folks to dinner and I roll up and I see Derek Jeter and Michael Jordan. And I'm like super star struck, I'm about to play in the Super Bowl, and I go up and you can tell Jeters a very charming guy, very welcoming, and I go "Hey Mr. Jeter, I'm Julian Edelman I'm playing in the Super bowl" and I saw Jordan and he was kind of standoffish a little bit, and as soon as the conversation is about to end after like 5 minutes, I'm about to leave Jordan comes up to me and says "Hey kid, I got a bunch of money on you, don't **** it up." And that's the only thing he said to me.

:lol

Chamillionaire mightve been right.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ackBqL94YCw?si=ynu2M3CnlmqlT2uR

warriorfan
12-28-2023, 12:37 PM
lmao

I saw a youtube thing that said it was an hour full of funny jordan stories like that, didn’t watch it but I meant to but this reminded me of it :lol

WhiteKyrie
12-28-2023, 05:07 PM
Mike is competitive and had money on it. All in good jest. Sensitive flowers would be offended by Mike, like a corny one hit wonder like Chamillionaire. Dude is so ****ing alpha.

tpols
12-28-2023, 05:37 PM
Mike is competitive and had money on it. All in good jest. Sensitive flowers would be offended by Mike, like a corny one hit wonder like Chamillionaire. Dude is so ****ing alpha.

I understand it takes a douchebag mentality to be the best but not even saying hello? Or... "what's up man?" When somebody comes up to you who you clearly know by name since you threw millions on the game it being the Super Bowl?

Jordan is one of the biggest narcissists to ever live. He literally has a God complex that will be is undressing when he exits his physical shell. After that he'll just be a demon spirit wandering the earth.

warriorfan
12-28-2023, 05:43 PM
I understand it takes a douchebag mentality to be the best but not even saying hello? Or... "what's up man?" When somebody comes up to you who you clearly know by name since you threw millions on the game it being the Super Bowl?

Jordan is one of the biggest narcissists to ever live. He literally has a God complex that will be is undressing when he exits his physical shell. After that he'll just be a demon spirit wandering the earth.

I’m far from an expert but to me it seems like an insecurity thing. He doesn’t not respect others but he’s in constant fear of being disrespected himself, so it’s like a pre emptive strike sort of thing.

But Jordan turned his insecurities into making him a badass, Bron on the other hand…

GOBB
12-28-2023, 10:02 PM
Hilarious how butt hurt people get when hearing someone didn’t say hello, I know who you are blah blah blah.Had MJ spoke no one would’ve known he met Jeter and MJ. We only know because MJ said what he did at the end of his night.

tpols
12-28-2023, 10:27 PM
Hilarious how butt hurt people get when hearing someone didn’t say hello, I know who you are blah blah blah.Had MJ spoke no one would’ve known he met Jeter and MJ. We only know because MJ said what he did at the end of his night.

Derek Jeter is one of the most well known athletes in sports... I don't even care about baseball but everybody knows who he is.

Jeter took the time to talk to Edelman and whatnot. This isn't a random fan, it's the top reciever on a Super Bowl team.

Bottomline... MJ is an asshole. And so are you.

Baller234
12-28-2023, 10:31 PM
I could think of a million reasons why MJ decided not to talk to some random person that approached him for the one millionth time.

Could have been texting his bitch. Could have been building a parlay.

GOBB
12-28-2023, 10:32 PM
Derek Jeter is one of the most well known athletes in sports... I don't even care about baseball but everybody knows who he is. Jeter took the time to talk to Edelman and whatnot. This isn't a random fan, it's the top reciever on a Super Bowl team.

Bottomline... MJ is an asshole. And so are you.

What are you talking about? If MJ spoke to Edelman. This story isn’t mentioned. So Jeter status to the public is irrelevant. MJ didn’t speak and mentioned how he better show up to win him a bet in the SB? And MJ is the a-hole cuz he was standoffish. You guys are entitled brats. He didnt even speak to MJ himself. It be different had he spoke and extended his hand. MJ snubbed him. Then after his 5min convo with Jeter said what he did. Ok. But that didn’t happen. You guys are too damn soft as men lol

tpols
12-28-2023, 10:39 PM
I could think of a million reasons why MJ decided not to talk to some random person that approached him for the one millionth time.

Edelman wasn't some random person.

He had 143 yards and a TD in the superbowl and was an All Pro talent.

Jordan couldn't even say hi to him or address him by his name.

GOBB
12-28-2023, 10:40 PM

These dudes wanted MJ to be welcoming and speak to Edelman first. “Hey bud! How are you. Good luck in the SB. I do have a bet on you.”. Edelman says he was star struck and only spoke to Jeter and after their convo is when MJ approached and said what he did. Better stories of MJ being an a-hole. This ain’t one. And Edelman didn’t even tell the story from that angle either. Hilarious

GOBB
12-28-2023, 10:45 PM

Stop being stupid. Edelman to the public wasn’t a someone KNOWN! Unless you’re a diehard Pats fan it’s very easy to not notice who Edelman was. So cut the crap. And he introduced himself to Derek Jeter by stating his name and how he was playing in the SB. Why do that if everyone knows who he is??? And his irrelevant f*cking stats you posted???? Jordan didn’t say hi and neither did Julian. He saw them. They didn’t see him. He approached Jeter to talk. Not MJ because he felt he was standoffish so he didn’t bother to break the ice.

But you living in this spoiled entitled bubble MJ is supposed to speak first because *insert stats u posted* hahahaa the audacity some of you piss squatters have here. Yikes

Baller234
12-28-2023, 10:50 PM

He may as well have been some random person because he admits he was star struck, which describes probably 90% of the people MJ encounters on a daily basis.

1987_Lakers
12-28-2023, 10:55 PM

Pro bowl talent? Yes.

All-Pro? LOL

I just looked it up and found out he never even made a pro bowl which is surprising, I just assumed he got selected to a couple of them.

1987_Lakers
12-28-2023, 10:57 PM
Stop being stupid. Edelman to the public wasn’t a someone KNOWN! Unless you’re a diehard Pats fan it’s very easy to not notice who Edelman was. So cut the crap. And he introduced himself to Derek Jeter by stating his name and how he was playing in the SB. Why do that if everyone knows who he is??? And his irrelevant f*cking stats you posted???? Jordan didn’t say hi and neither did Julian. He saw them. They didn’t see him. He approached Jeter to talk. Not MJ because he felt he was standoffish so he didn’t bother to break the ice.

But you living in this spoiled entitled bubble MJ is supposed to speak first because *insert stats u posted* hahahaa the audacity some of you piss squatters have here. Yikes

This dude might be a bigger asshole than MJ.

tpols
12-28-2023, 11:01 PM

Gobb...

I'm not saying MJ has to speak first. But saying "hello"...? He knew who this guy was. He probably put 1 million dollars on the game. This isn't some random groupie.

It's not "soft" to have basic courtesy and manners. You're calling me soft while I'm twice your size, half your age and luckily for you a third your temperament.

Don't push those boundaries big dog.

SATAN
12-28-2023, 11:05 PM
Sounds like MJ joking in an asshole kinda way rather than a threat or anything. Nothing personal.

Lebron23
12-28-2023, 11:31 PM
It sounded that Jordan was just joking around. Anyway James Jordan probably beat up MJ just like Joe Jackson beating up Michael Jackson with a belt.

Bawkish
12-28-2023, 11:48 PM
It sounded that Jordan was just joking around. Anyway James Jordan probably beat up MJ just like Joe Jackson beating up Michael Jackson with a belt.

Your father beat you up so bad that you stop growing at 8

GOBB
12-29-2023, 12:43 AM
Gobb...

I'm not saying MJ has to speak first. But saying "hello"...? He knew who this guy was. He probably put 1 million dollars on the game. This isn't some random groupie.

It's not "soft" to have basic courtesy and manners. You're calling me soft while I'm twice your size, half your age and luckily for you a third your temperament.

Don't push those boundaries big dog.

Once again why didn’t Edelman speak to MJ? He introduced himself to Jeter “hi I’m Julian Edelman blah blah blah I’m playing in the SB”. He said nothing to MJ because he was intimidated that MJ wouldn’t acknowledge him if he did. He was shook. He was engaged with Jeter for 5mins and didn’t say a word to MJ. Only to have MJ made the comment he did about a bet. Who knows if MJ knew who he was? Pure speculation. Edelman is not a noticeable athlete. Meaning he’s not someone you’ll recognize. He couldn’t been told by someone in their group “That’s Julian Edelman over there”. MJ “oh I got a bet on him”. Or maybe he knew who he was? Fact remains Edelman didn’t speak. When he was the one star struck and went out of his way to introduce himself. Not like MJ was next to Jeter like a wife. Face it you jumped the gun here. The story isn’t even presented to say “see MJ is an ass”. You made that narrative up in your head. And defending it to the death. Yikes

Twice my size? Half my age? I’d slap you and you wouldn’t do nothing. Man you’re sweet. You think you’re that guy but you’re not that guy. You’re a ladies man. Simmer down bud.

SATAN
12-29-2023, 01:21 AM
Twice my size? Half my age? I’d slap you and you wouldn’t do nothing. Man you’re sweet. You think you’re that guy but you’re not that guy. You’re a ladies man. Simmer down bud.

:yaohappy:

Lebron23
12-29-2023, 07:52 AM
Your father beat you up so bad that you stop growing at 8

I am taller than you Jordantard. It is likely James whip MJ’s butt cause he was old school.

ShawkFactory
12-29-2023, 10:20 AM
Once again why didn’t Edelman speak to MJ? He introduced himself to Jeter “hi I’m Julian Edelman blah blah blah I’m playing in the SB”. He said nothing to MJ because he was intimidated that MJ wouldn’t acknowledge him if he did. He was shook. He was engaged with Jeter for 5mins and didn’t say a word to MJ. Only to have MJ made the comment he did about a bet. Who knows if MJ knew who he was? Pure speculation. Edelman is not a noticeable athlete. Meaning he’s not someone you’ll recognize. He couldn’t been told by someone in their group “That’s Julian Edelman over there”. MJ “oh I got a bet on him”. Or maybe he knew who he was? Fact remains Edelman didn’t speak. When he was the one star struck and went out of his way to introduce himself. Not like MJ was next to Jeter like a wife. Face it you jumped the gun here. The story isn’t even presented to say “see MJ is an ass”. You made that narrative up in your head. And defending it to the death. Yikes

So is Jeter. He's dated like half of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2004 cast lol.

Also so is Julian. Maybe that's why they got along better? Jordan doesn't have time for that.

ImKobe
12-29-2023, 01:36 PM

At that time he was relatively a nobody. A pats fan ofc would recognize him but leading up to the Seahawks SB he hadn't really had his iconic Playoff moment/game. He completely dismantled the Seacucks in the 4th quarter and had the game-winning TD. Prior to that though I could see how people wouldn't recognize him. NFL players get recognized a lot less compared to NBA players due to helmets anyway.

Also, Edelman said he approached Jeter & talked to him so it's not like Jordan was obligated to address him anyway.

90sgoat
12-29-2023, 02:11 PM
That's kinda funny honestly.

All depends on the delivery.

GOBB
12-29-2023, 04:01 PM
So is Jeter. He's dated like half of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2004 cast lol.

Also so is Julian. Maybe that's why they got along better? Jordan doesn't have time for that.

I don’t know Julian for that but Jeter is goated when it comes to being a bachelor. Pretty sure he had them signing NDAs.

Norcaliblunt
12-29-2023, 05:40 PM
Honestly as a person who has lived in LA for 20 plus years you realize celebrities ain’t shit. And that’s how you treat’um. You don’t hound dog them or expect shit. You heckle and talk shit. Joe Rogan is the realest famous mofo I’ve ever met.

Like who gives a **** about meeting Jordan? Especially when you are already famous.