PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best scorer in the league?

Mask the Embiid
12-28-2023, 06:45 PM
lol

No it’s not kd anymore. No it’s not James anymore… who da best? Say the name

Carbine
12-28-2023, 06:57 PM
It's still Durant. What he has done this year hasn't put any doubt in anyone's mind with his absurd marksmanship from deep being an added bonus right now.

Jokic is the best offensive player.

warriorfan
12-28-2023, 06:57 PM
they ain’t gonna like this

Mask the Embiid
12-28-2023, 07:18 PM
they ain’t gonna like this

https://i.postimg.cc/WbfMT2nG/giphy.gif

It's still Durant. What he has done this year hasn't put any doubt in anyone's mind with his absurd marksmanship from deep being an added bonus right now.

Jokic is the best offensive player.

cringe...and this is how people with an agenda lose all credibility on a website....dont be this guy....just pretend like you dont see the thread.....thats better than being this guy ^

edit but then again this is coming from a guy who's bio on this site says "FACTS are misleading"....so we already know that in other words he lives in "his truth" not "the truth". Dont live in a fantasy world like this guy.

Baller234
12-28-2023, 07:29 PM
If the game is on the line and I need a basket, I feel most comfortable giving the ball to someone like Luka. Regardless of where he is on the court, he's the one I trust the most to get himself a decent look.

Embiid is probably somewhere in the conversation but he's yet to prove himself on a big stage yet. Joker is also a possible answer. Somehow he just finds a way to get the ball in the basket and he's completely unafraid.

Carbine
12-28-2023, 07:29 PM
That quote is from one of the best movie characters of all time.

Anyways...

Question wasn't who the best scorer was through December 28th for this season.

It was who is the best scorer. Durant is proven, time and time again in the playoffs with scoring over the last few years. Embiid has no such track record when it matters.

Not hard to understand. When and if he performs like this in the playoffs he will get his due.

Mask the Embiid
12-28-2023, 07:34 PM
If the game is on the line and I need a basket, I feel most comfortable giving the ball to someone like Luka. Regardless of where he is on the court, he's the one I trust the most to get himself a decent look.

Embiid is probably somewhere in the conversation but he's yet to prove himself on a big stage yet. Joker is also a possible answer. Somehow he just finds a way to get the ball in the basket and he's completely unafraid.

No....i didnt ask you for this hypothetical scenario where the universe is on the line and u need one bucket.....I asked you who is the best scorer in the league.....they say everything....except answering the damn question :oldlol:

They hate....to give that name his credit :oldlol:

Mask the Embiid
12-28-2023, 07:40 PM
That quote is from one of the best movie characters of all time.

Anyways...

Question wasn't who the best scorer was through December 28th for this season.

It was who is the best scorer. Durant is proven, time and time again in the playoffs with scoring over the last few years. Embiid has no such track record when it matters.

Not hard to understand. When and if he performs like this in the playoffs he will get his due.

so dont assume we all seen that movie or remember that line in said movie....we dont all get the same pop culture references.... instead of quoting movies....just answer the damn question....thanks in advance

durant was the 3rd or 4th best scorer in every series he was in last year

Kawhi>>>
jokic>>
murray>
Booker>>

so the lie detector determined that was a lie

Baller234
12-28-2023, 07:46 PM
No....i didnt ask you for this hypothetical scenario where the universe is on the line and u need one bucket.....I asked you who is the best scorer in the league.....they say everything....except answering the damn question :oldlol:

They hate....to give that name his credit :oldlol:

You have to take that into consideration though.

The best scorer in my eyes is the one who can score in the most ways, under the most circumstances and regardless of pressure.

Carbine
12-28-2023, 07:50 PM
Embiid shoots 46 percent overall nd 28 from 3 in his playoff career.

Somehow he was even worse than those averages the last two years (peak Embiid)

It is what it is. Nobody is making any of this up. It really happened where a peak all time great regular season player actually BROUGHT DOWN his playoff averages in his peak with his subpar play.

bizil
12-28-2023, 07:58 PM
I still gotta go with KD. The way his career has gone in terms of bouncing between teams and injuries has made shit off kilter some. BUT in terms of putting that damn rock in the hole, he's the best SF ever. And only perimeter player I would take over him scoring the rock is MJ.

SaltyMeatballs
12-28-2023, 08:33 PM
If we're talking strictly regular season its Embiid, KD, and Luka

tontoz
12-28-2023, 08:37 PM
Regular season Embiid

Playoffs Luka

bladefd
12-28-2023, 08:41 PM
Regular season Embiid

Playoffs Luka

I would agree with that.

Honorable mention to SGA.

Jasper
12-28-2023, 08:45 PM
I still take Curry over Booker (wing)

I will take Giannis as a frontliner.

fourkicks44
12-28-2023, 08:58 PM
Efficiency was a fad a while ago. Everyone wanted to use it as the ultimate measure of greatness.

Probably is more relevant now to give some context on the increased pace and scoring of the league today.

Well I'm sure people still like to use it.... only when it fits their agenda tho.

Also an interesting fact that came up in the Moses Malone/Mcadoo thread is Moses had 6 straight seasons averaging over 10 FTA per game. Puts offense of today in perspective.

FKAri
12-28-2023, 09:03 PM
No....i didnt ask you for this hypothetical scenario where the universe is on the line and u need one bucket...

I want IGUODALA

tontoz
12-28-2023, 09:14 PM
Efficiency was a fad a while ago. Everyone wanted to use it as the ultimate measure of greatness.

Probably is more relevant now to give some context on the increased pace and scoring of the league today.

Well I'm sure people still like to use it.... only when it fits their agenda tho.

Also an interesting fact that came up in the Moses Malone/Mcadoo thread is Moses had 6 straight seasons averaging over 10 FTA per game. Puts offense of today in perspective.

Efficiency is still a huge issue. Embiids TS is as high as any of the top scorers as far as I can tell.

imdaman99
12-28-2023, 09:35 PM
If jokic wanted to, it could be him. But he's a team player

k0kakw0rld
12-28-2023, 09:54 PM
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

tontoz
12-28-2023, 09:54 PM
If jokic wanted to, it could be him. But he's a team player

His shooting has been off this year. I can't see him winning it even if embiid got hurt

BarberSchool
12-29-2023, 12:55 AM
Regular season Embiid

Playoffs Luka

This is the correct answer.

If it’s body of work amongst active players: KD

Manny98
12-29-2023, 01:14 AM
Luka

Phoenix
12-30-2023, 01:23 PM
There are players who score tons during the season but drop off in the playoffs. There are players who aren't huge season scorers but step it up in the playoffs. And there are players who score tons in both situations. Draw whatever conclusions you are pre-determined to draw regardless of what the evidence tells you.

90sgoat
12-30-2023, 06:42 PM
It's Luka definitely but Shai is very difficult to stop as well.

FultzNationRISE
12-30-2023, 07:17 PM
Literally not ONE PERSON has given the right answer.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/i0W68j_ZnMo/mqdefault.jpg

Axe
12-31-2023, 12:17 AM
Imkobe and tpols would love to tell that it has to be ad under the right circumstances, even tho almost everyone here knows that it's only wishful thinking at best.

warriorfan
12-31-2023, 07:51 AM
Imkobe and tpols would love to tell that it has to be ad under the right circumstances, even tho almost everyone here knows that it's only wishful thinking at best.

this guy legit fantasizes about being trolled

:crazysam:

Axe
12-31-2023, 08:13 AM
Suddenly smells like crack in here, guys. :biggums:

Manny98
12-31-2023, 09:46 AM
Luka averaging 34/8/9 off 61% TS :bowdown:

GOAT numbers and unlike a certain African flopper he can do it in the playoffs

Honestly Luka belongs in the GOAT scorer conversation

fourkicks44
12-31-2023, 09:55 AM

If and when he makes the playoffs .

Not when he leads his team to the lottery like last season Or is this conveniently forgotten or ignored?

Great playoff scorers don't even actually need to make the playoffs anymore, right?

You didn't actually need to use Luka to troll Embiid's playoff performance, it speaks for itself.

You not even trying anymore, Manny.

Xiao Yao You
12-31-2023, 10:31 AM

Not when he leads his team to the lottery like last season Or is this conveniently forgotten or ignored?

Great playoff scorers don't even actually need to make the playoffs anymore, right?

You didn't actually need to use Luka to troll Embiid's playoff performance, it speaks for itself.

it's not his fault they didn't make the play-in!

Manny98
12-31-2023, 10:53 AM

He missed the playoffs one year due to having the worst cast in the league + injuries

How about the year before where he lifted Dallas to the conference finals averaging 32/9/6 upsetting the stacked Suns in the process

Luka at 22 has played in more conference finals games than Embiid could dream of in his life :oldlol:

90sgoat
12-31-2023, 11:23 AM

Not yet, but he's getting there.

I'd still like to see him work the post more, but I guess with how defense is not allowed, it's better to spam 3s and floaters.

That said, the reason why following Luka is so rewarding is because he actually works on his game, a lot.

Last season he added his league leading post game, this season he added spot up shooting. Yes, he spot up shoots now. I can't see spot up stats pr. distance, but Luka is shooting 42% on spot ups, which I assume are mostly 3s.

Luka now has almost all shots in his arsenal. What he needs to add is the ability to cut off ball, get easy off ball buckets. If he adds that then we can talk and call him the greatest ever.

fourkicks44
12-31-2023, 04:20 PM
He missed the playoffs one year due to having the worst cast in the league + injuries

How about the year before where he lifted Dallas to the conference finals averaging 32/9/6 upsetting the stacked Suns in the process

Luka at 22 has played in more conference finals games than Embiid could dream of in his life :oldlol:

Your boy Kyrie not enough to get to the play-in?

Luka at 22 has missed the playoffs more than Joel.

Gotta be in the the playoffs to be the greatest playoff scorer.

Luka has missed too many games

Manny98
12-31-2023, 04:29 PM
Your boy Kyrie not enough to get to the play-in?

Luka at 22 has missed the playoffs more than Joel.

Gotta be in the the playoffs to be the greatest playoff scorer.

Luka has missed too many games

Yet has still managed to play in more conference finals how embarrassing is that for Embum :oldlol:

Manny98
12-31-2023, 04:30 PM

I'd still like to see him work the post more, but I guess with how defense is not allowed, it's better to spam 3s and floaters.

That said, the reason why following Luka is so rewarding is because he actually works on his game, a lot.

Last season he added his league leading post game, this season he added spot up shooting. Yes, he spot up shoots now. I can't see spot up stats pr. distance, but Luka is shooting 42% on spot ups, which I assume are mostly 3s.

Luka now has almost all shots in his arsenal. What he needs to add is the ability to cut off ball, get easy off ball buckets. If he adds that then we can talk and call him the greatest ever.

This season he has improved his 3 point shot

You're right once Luka improves his off ball scoring which he will, he will unquestionably be the greatest scorer

BarberSchool
12-31-2023, 04:36 PM

I do recall the stat (pre-all-star break) showing him leading the entire league in total post scoring and was mid-60’s post FG%

Did that hold up all 82 games ? Did he outscore Jokic and Embiid in total post up points last year ?????

Phoenix
12-31-2023, 04:39 PM

Don't think he has the athletic motor/stamina for that. It would be unfair if he did.

90sgoat
12-31-2023, 06:17 PM
Don't think he has the athletic motor/stamina for that. It would be unfair if he did.

He can look at Lebron in Lakers.

He doesn't need to run around like Curry, just take some possesions off, let someone else walk it up.

I'd like to see him do some curl action and not only because this was one of my faves as a player:

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/682783_020b9255e90643f598956135104de0ba~mv2.jpeg/v1/fill/w_640,h_828,al_c,q_85,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01,enc_auto/682783_020b9255e90643f598956135104de0ba~mv2.jpeg

Luka is 2 in this scenario, Kyrie 4, Lively or Grant 1. You can imagine him "taking a play off" standing in the corner with Kyrie dribbling, then Lively running down setting the screen, Doncic gets it at the elbow and from there you have the floater, the alley oop or the weakside pass to Grant or Hardaway.

Someone should make me coach.

3ba11
12-31-2023, 06:24 PM
Luka

fourkicks44
01-01-2024, 07:40 AM
Luka

Enough said.

If this guy posts this, time to lock up the thread.

Mask the Embiid
01-16-2024, 11:11 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/0jqL1wnf/IMG-9265.gif

Street Hunger
01-24-2024, 03:10 PM
Embiid

Mask the Embiid
01-24-2024, 04:05 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/0jqL1wnf/IMG-9265.gif

Embiid

https://youtu.be/aEjp_6P7je0?si=84jVApWDgzfA085N