PDA

View Full Version : What kind of player is Cade Cunningham projecting to be?

90sgoat
12-29-2023, 06:20 PM
What kind of player is Cade, question for those who watch?

I remember 3ball not being impressed.

Judging by his stats and size, he is a big ball handling guard, but his rebounding numbers are very unimpressive (4.2) and while he gets 7.1 assists, he also has 4.0 turnovers leading to a AST/TOV ratio to 1.8.

Compare Lukas third season, he had 8 rebounds, 8.6 assists and a AST/TOV ratio of 2.

Unfair comparison of course, but his stats would seem a bit concerning if I was a Pistons fan honestly.

He also isn't a knockdown shooter, so moving him to SG or SF doesn't seem an option. Is he a good defender? Stats don't suggest it.

Bust?

SATAN
12-29-2023, 06:38 PM
He has the tools but I question the bball IQ sometimes. I don't see how anyone could call him a bust. He's a solid NBA player on an abysmal team. I think he could be a good contributor for a winning team if given the chance. :confusedshrug:

90sgoat
12-29-2023, 07:14 PM
He has the tools but I question the bball IQ sometimes. I don't see how anyone could call him a bust. He's a solid NBA player on an abysmal team. I think he could be a good contributor for a winning team if given the chance. :confusedshrug:

What position should he ideally play?

Is he a slasher, a shooter, a big point guard?

SATAN
12-29-2023, 07:57 PM
He's obviously comfortable running an offense.

iamgine
12-29-2023, 10:56 PM
So far he's a bust. #1 pick with much better numbers than impact.

He's been much better lately though. Maybe he could turn it around.

FireDavidKahn
12-30-2023, 11:00 AM
He certainly isn't a franchise player like he was hyped up to be on draft day...but he's a solid player. Not a bust at all but clearly didn't live up to the hype/.

90sgoat
12-30-2023, 12:33 PM
He certainly isn't a franchise player like he was hyped up to be on draft day...but he's a solid player. Not a bust at all but clearly didn't live up to the hype/.

Is he a point guard?

Kind of makes me think with the lack of enthusiasm that unless he really focused on defense, then he probably projects as a 6th man leading the bench kind of guy. D-Lo kind of player.

Street Hunger
01-24-2024, 03:48 PM
Is it possible or fair to even judge him as a player with the terrible roster that he's surrounded by? I don't know how to fairly judge him.

3ba11
01-24-2024, 05:41 PM
shyte

like i said

I could tell that his body-type and talent-level was the type to dominate HS and college but not pros.

his stats are pretty weak given his burden and cast - he dominates the shot distribution on his team yet sub-par raw production and only 0.01 ws/48 so he's literally average for guys at his minute-level and actually that might be below-average