PDA

View Full Version : OG Anunoby to da Knicks

Trollsmasher
12-30-2023, 01:34 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1741146251532603871?s=46&t=bsTHbtMSqHXbNGi0vWP8hw

The Toronto Raptors are finalizing a trade to send OG Anunoby to the New York Knicks for a package including RJ Barrett, Immanuel Quickley and draft considerations, sources tell ESPN.

Patrick Chewing
12-30-2023, 01:40 PM
Knicks get: Anunoby, Flynn, Achiuwa

Raptors get: Barrett, Quickley, 2nd Round Pick

Hate to lose Barrett, but the Knicks won this one in my opinion. Now RJ can flourish away from that dumbass Thibs.

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 01:45 PM
Knicks get: Anunoby, Flynn, Achiuwa

Raptors get: Barrett, Quickley, 2nd Round Pick

Hate to lose Barrett, but the Knicks won this one in my opinion. Now RJ can flourish away from that dumbass Thibs.

Being away from Thibs will help him shoot the ball?

bluechox2
12-30-2023, 01:49 PM
Raptors rape the Knicks again

tontoz
12-30-2023, 01:55 PM
I'd say this is a W for the Knicks. Barrett just isn't that good.

Patrick Chewing
12-30-2023, 01:57 PM
Being away from Thibs will help him shoot the ball?

RJ is not a shooter. He's a slasher. Thibs has RJ just sitting in the corner for the open 3 in his offensive set and that's not RJ's game. If you look at RJ's highlights in high school and college, his game is taking it to the rim. He was a terrible three point shooter at Duke. But he took it to the rack time and time again. Thibs doesn't know offense.

FultzNationRISE
12-30-2023, 01:58 PM
Bit unclear to me what the Raptors did this for.

They gonna build somethin around Barrett and Quickley?

:kobe:

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 02:03 PM
RJ is not a shooter. He's a slasher. Thibs has RJ just sitting in the corner for the open 3 in his offensive set and that's not RJ's game. If you look at RJ's highlights in high school and college, his game is taking it to the rim. He was a terrible three point shooter at Duke. But he took it to the rack time and time again. Thibs doesn't know offense.

playing the wrong sport than

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 02:07 PM

Hope they can build around Barnes and Barrett I imagine. Quickley might not be there long

Patrick Chewing
12-30-2023, 02:13 PM
playing the wrong sport than

I mean he's not terrible behind the arc, but have you seen the Knicks offense? It's completely disjointed with Randle and Brunson. Not sure where they get offense from now besides those two guys.

FireDavidKahn
12-30-2023, 02:14 PM
THey're going to regret giving up Quickley

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 02:15 PM
I mean he's not terrible behind the arc, but have you seen the Knicks offense? It's completely disjointed with Randle and Brunson. Not sure where they get offense from now besides those two guys.

OG hitting 3's should help the spacing

Patrick Chewing
12-30-2023, 02:16 PM
Hope they can build around Barnes and Barrett I imagine. Quickley might not be there long

I can see a Siakam extension. I'd prefer Siakam on the Knicks, but Siakam, Barnes, Barrett, and Quickley if he stays is a nice little Top 4.

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 02:18 PM
I can see a Siakam extension. I'd prefer Siakam on the Knicks, but Siakam, Barnes, Barrett, and Quickley if he stays is a nice little Top 4.

aren't going anywhere with Siakam, Looks like its time to collect assets

Patrick Chewing
12-30-2023, 02:24 PM

https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1741162719816867939

Nevermind. Looks like they're in a semi-rebuild. My boy RJ gonna be the man in Canada.

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 02:36 PM

Josh Lewenberg: Ultimately it comes down to whether the Raptors thought they could re-sign Anunoby and/or felt he was worth what could end up being a max (or near max) deal. If the answer to either of those questions was no, this was the right move. Couldn’t risk losing him for nothing (https://*********.com/social/).
– via Twitter JLew1050 (https://twitter.com/JLew1050)

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2023, 02:44 PM
I was hoping the Knicks would lose Josh Hart. Hopefully there's still time.

k0kakw0rld
12-30-2023, 03:44 PM
Thank you lord! He needed to go

beasted
12-30-2023, 03:51 PM
Knicks get raped badly. Quickley is going to flourish as a starter in TO. I expect 20/5/5 type numbers. Barrett is a bit overpaid, but at least he's locked into a long term deal.

Anunoby might be a rental or end up more overpaid than Barrett. Flynn isn't even a rotation player on a playoff team. Knicks are really at the mercy of either paying Anunoby whatever he wants in FA or trading away two rotation players for literally nothing.

r0drig0lac
12-30-2023, 03:53 PM
Wiggins is the next for the Raps

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 03:55 PM
Wiggins is the next for the Raps

why would they want Wiggins when they are selling?

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 04:05 PM
League personnel are certainly prepared for a Pascal Siakam trade to follow suit. Before this weekend’s deal, Siakam was the Toronto veteran whom rival executives were pegging as the most likely Raptor to be dealt, particularly after the team nearly sent Siakam to the Atlanta Hawks this summer, (https://sports.yahoo.com/what-the-og-anunoby-trade-means-for-the-knicks-and-raptors-190440377.html) league sources told Yahoo Sports. He is under an expiring contract after his own extension talks fell short of a deal this fall. In addition to Atlanta, the Kings and Pacers have been routinely mentioned by NBA figures as potential suitors for Siakam.
– via Jake Fischer @ Yahoo! Sports (https://sports.yahoo.com/what-the-og-anunoby-trade-means-for-the-knicks-and-raptors-190440377.html)

fourkicks44
12-30-2023, 04:20 PM
The Pistons losing streak ends tonight!

This is their chance.

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 04:21 PM
The Pistons losing streak ends tonight!

This is their chance.

their latest chance anyway

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2023, 04:40 PM
They legit had the Celtics in the ropes. It's a bad team but they haven't given up and are playing harder of late out of desperation. I don't think the losing steal will hit 40.

bison
12-30-2023, 05:28 PM
I like this trade for both teams in terms of sensibility. It’s not a needle pusher nor was anything taken apart. It’s just a rebalancing move for both teams. OG fills the need for a 3 and D wing in New York. Quickley is gonna flourish in Toronto and maybe getting away from ny media, thibs and Randell, and returning home is what RJ needed. I also don’t think Knicks make this move without assurances that OG will sign an extension so I wouldn’t worry about him leaving. (OG and Leon rose are both CAA guys)

NBAGOAT
12-30-2023, 05:48 PM
Knicks still have every 1st, that’s what I like about this trade. Fournier and hart or divencenzo make around 30mil. Next year with Harts extension it could be 40 mil. A trade can be made for a star 2 guard. I don’t think Mitchell is the answer but he’s not a bad option. Could also upgrade from randle maybe though I don’t think zion is the answer

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 05:49 PM
Knicks still have every 1st, that’s what I like about this trade. Fournier and hart or divencenzo make around 30mil. Next year with Harts extension it could be 40 mil. A trade can be made for a star 2 guard. I don’t think Mitchell is the answer but he’s not a bad option. Could also upgrade from randle maybe though I don’t think zion is the answer

Mitchell never made sense with Brunson.

RRR3
12-30-2023, 05:51 PM
Initially thought the Knicks won the trade, but I was unaware of how much Quickley has progressed. Looking at his stats, he's become quite a player on offense and I already knew he could play great defense. Should have known not to doubt Ujiri.

Xiao Yao You
12-30-2023, 05:51 PM
can't quit me!

Patrick Chewing
12-30-2023, 05:57 PM

Knicks aren't done from what it looks like. As it is, they still have too many guards and an excessive amount of late 1st round picks. This is where I think they go after Murray or Mitchell as their final piece. Grimes and Fournier may not be Knicks for much longer.

meat
12-30-2023, 06:20 PM
can't quit me!

Nothing prompted this. What is wrong with you?

BurningHammer
12-30-2023, 06:33 PM
All I'm very sure of is that Raptors will market the hell outta RJ right away.

Quickley may be a better PG off the bench option than whatever Raptors had.

Good luck with OG, Knicks fans. He is very good and may blossom into a new Kawhi soon.

RRR3
12-30-2023, 06:38 PM
He’s so triggered he thinks I respond to him every time I post.

Akeem34TheDream
12-30-2023, 06:40 PM

It is highly likely that he is autistic. And i mean that in a very literal way and not as an insult.

90sgoat
12-30-2023, 06:40 PM
Would have liked OG with Mavs.

Not a fan of RJ Barrett either, so think Knicks get ahead with this one.

Brunson and OG is a dynamic backcourt.

fourkicks44
12-30-2023, 07:25 PM
I like OG but he is not a max player and never will be an All-Star. The Knicks now have to lock him in with a long term deal on big time money.

Quickley is the f'ckin man. Love that kid. Toronto is a great fit for him.

Barrett is ass, Knicks needed to move him.

Raps get Quickley, Knicks get off Barrett . These are the two wins for these teams in this deal.

SATAN
12-30-2023, 07:45 PM

:oldlol:

warriorfan
12-30-2023, 08:41 PM

:roll:

tontoz
12-30-2023, 08:55 PM
Initially thought the Knicks won the trade, but I was unaware of how much Quickley has progressed. Looking at his stats, he's become quite a player on offense and I already knew he could play great defense. Should have known not to doubt Ujiri.

Knicks weren't going to pay Quickley since they have brunson so it actually makes sense for the Knicks to move him. I can see the reasoning for both teams.

It is hard for the raps to land free agents so trading for a RFA makes sense.

Proctor
12-30-2023, 10:06 PM
Great for the Knicks but Thibs still sucks badly and Randle needs to go overseas.

Flynn is actually decent IMO.

SaltyMeatballs
12-30-2023, 10:26 PM

:oldlol:

He has an ick where if he doesn't type "can't quit me!" at least once a day, he starts acting like a malfunctioning keyboard, randomly blurting out letters and symbols during conversations.

Axe
12-30-2023, 10:29 PM
Doesn't make the knicks anything special.

SaltyMeatballs
12-30-2023, 10:29 PM
It is highly likely that he is autistic. And i mean that in a very literal way and not as an insult.

If you want confirmation on that, just check out the Utah Jazz subforum on ISH (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?38-Utah-Jazz-Forum)

Xiao has been talking to himself in every thread on there for years. I must say, I do admire the consistency.

Patrick Chewing
12-30-2023, 10:33 PM
Great for the Knicks but Thibs still sucks badly and Randle needs to go overseas.

Flynn is actually decent IMO.

I don't think there's been a Knick I've hated more than Randle. I want him off this team so bad. Leon Rose and company have to realize they will never advance with him on the team.

SATAN
12-30-2023, 10:40 PM
If you want confirmation on that, just check out the Utah Jazz subforum on ISH (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?38-Utah-Jazz-Forum)

Xiao has been talking to himself in every thread on there for years. I must say, I do admire the consistency.

Hahahahahahahaha

RRR3
12-30-2023, 10:56 PM

To be fair he doesn’t literally talk to himself he just kinda uses it to vent like a blog or something.

n00bie
12-31-2023, 12:43 PM

OG contract was ending and Raps don't want to give him the $ he will be asking for.

It was a good decision to let him go to get assets back vs. letting him walk.

n00bie
12-31-2023, 12:45 PM
I like this trade for both teams in terms of sensibility. It’s not a needle pusher nor was anything taken apart. It’s just a rebalancing move for both teams. OG fills the need for a 3 and D wing in New York. Quickley is gonna flourish in Toronto and maybe getting away from ny media, thibs and Randell, and returning home is what RJ needed. I also don’t think Knicks make this move without assurances that OG will sign an extension so I wouldn’t worry about him leaving. (OG and Leon rose are both CAA guys)

Yes but will OG be worth the money? He's going to get superstar money but he ain't an all star. He's a great defensive player with a consistent spot up 3 pointer.

Axe
12-31-2023, 01:19 PM
Yes but will OG be worth the money? He's going to get superstar money but he ain't an all star. He's a great defensive player with a consistent spot up 3 pointer.
Maybe not but still better than someone like derrick rose for sure.

Manny98
12-31-2023, 04:36 PM

Yes him and 3ball both likely fall into the autistic spectrum

BarberSchool
12-31-2023, 04:46 PM
Pete Rock old dumba$$ thought this trade was a terrible trade for the Knicks lol.

Love me some Pete but son is not a bright dude, despite being a musical genius.

OG Annunoby is an all world defensive player and very versatile offensively. Wanted my Bulls to get him for the longest.

Xiao Yao You
12-31-2023, 04:54 PM
Yes him and 3ball both likely fall into the autistic spectrum

thought you were quitting me too? :facepalm

Manny98
12-31-2023, 05:38 PM
This message is hidden because Xiao Yao You is on your ignore list

Poor guy begging for my attention :oldlol:

imdaman99
12-31-2023, 09:01 PM
Won't miss RJ's inconsistent ass at all but felt so sad losing Quick :(

imdaman99
12-31-2023, 09:05 PM
Quickley is the f'ckin man. Love that kid. Toronto is a great fit for him.

I love Quick as well, he's like a lesser Maxey. Not saying he could become as good as him because I think highly of Maxey but he's like a tier lesser version of him