PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Warriors

Jasper
12-31-2023, 11:39 AM
Golden State for years has had a top tier persona.

Last year they obviously showed their age ... and not making significant moves over the off season has hurt their persona.

I stated 3 years ago , Dray Green is not a center and doesn't fit the bill , except for 10-15 a game to throw off the opponent.

THEY NEED A LEGIT CENTER.

They are in 11 place lost again to Dallas , and are starting to get owned by other franchises.

Should they blow it up , or make 2024 off season a fill in gap year of acquiring much needed help to put them back into elite status ??

I am thinking the later , Because Curry will never leave GSW.

tontoz
12-31-2023, 12:07 PM
It is too early to write them off. They had the toughest schedule in the league to start the season. Klay and Wiggins got off to horrible starts. They've had injury issues in addition to the Dray drama.

Their young guys are producing. Wiggins and Klay probably won't keep playing this badly. They just got Payton back. Too early to panic.

I do think there is a fair chance they make a trade for a vet big.

90sgoat
12-31-2023, 12:27 PM
It's a bit sad to see how the mighty have fallen.

Last night they showed a very telling stat about FG% and how they were 1st or 2nd as a team in like 5 years straight during their prime, then the last 3-4 years they've basically been among the worst.

Part of that is injuries, but part of it is clearly decline.

Curry just doesn't instill the same sense of dread that he used to. Klay is a ghost of his prime. Draymond apparantly is doing his best Rodman impression, how long until he wears a dress?

The ironic thing is that they probably really could use KD now.

Yes they could also use a center like Nurkic, but their issue is more than that, they're not getting good shots. Off ball movement seems much less now than it used to be. Curry moves less.

Axe
12-31-2023, 12:29 PM
They are definitely getting rusty and being overshadowed by potential younger teams like the mavs and nuggets. Things will only get worse for them as they continue to age older.

Chick Stern
12-31-2023, 12:39 PM
I think it’s safe to say, Chris Paul will miss the Finals yet again

tontoz
12-31-2023, 01:49 PM
Just got done watching last night's game. GS didn't play that bad. Klay was ice cold and they missed a bunch of bunnies inside yet they still were within 5 pts late in the 4th.

Axe
12-31-2023, 01:57 PM
Couldn't win against a mavs team that were missing kyrie. :ohwell:

tontoz
12-31-2023, 02:02 PM
Couldn't win against a mavs team that were missing kyrie. :ohwell:

They've won 9 games without Kyrie, and their last two games were close losses against good teams.

They were also missing other guys (Green, Lively) during some of those games Kyrie missed but they played last night.

Jasper
12-31-2023, 02:20 PM
they are are obviously not the team from 4 years ago ...

people still hope and prey ...

But a true center that plays defense , boards and scores 10-15 ppg could really shore up their weak ass defense.
Klay is a has been. IMO

Axe
12-31-2023, 02:24 PM

But a true center that plays defense , boards and scores 10-15 ppg could really shore up their weak ass defense.
Klay is a has been. IMO
They don't have guys as tall as bogut or mcgee anymore. And the small-ball lineup ain't working well either. They are a lot vulnerable now than they were a few years back.

tontoz
12-31-2023, 02:29 PM

Klay is a has been. IMO

They won a title less than 2 years ago :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
12-31-2023, 02:58 PM
Won't happen but if they were willing to give him up they could get 10 future firsts/pick swaps from LA for Steph Curry.

Manny98
12-31-2023, 04:32 PM
Relics of the past

Klay is washed and even Curry looks like he's starting to decline

They had a good run but their time has ran out

BarberSchool
12-31-2023, 04:52 PM
Curry is still in his prime, but on the downslope of it.

Klay just isn’t able to be the defensive player he once was.
Draymond is totally worthless and harmful now.

Still too early to read Kaminga’s ceiling mentally or offensively outside transition.

Chris Small was always vastly overrated due to his outsized media presence. 2nd only to Boban in terms of lopsided ability-to-game ratio. Gm might have thought Chris’s desperation to get one ring, could be infectious in the locker room, but it ain’t lookin good.

Looney and Saric put together into a single player would be nice, but not with their limited strengths and all time bad defensive foot speed and fat guy vertical jumps.

Kerr has resorted to playing feel-good try hards.

Feel bad for Steph again, similar to after his chubby face idiot wife did the ring thing on TV. Steph is a nice god fearing dude and deserves far better in both instances.

Axe
12-31-2023, 11:42 PM
Relics of the past

Klay is washed and even Curry looks like he's starting to decline

They had a good run but their time has ran out
True. Gerbil stans tho have a hard time accepting it, as if four rings weren't enough and they get butthurt once pointed out lol.

Jasper
01-01-2024, 12:59 PM
consensus is that Warriors franchise needs to blow it up , which I thought should of happened 2+ years ago.

Need a center , PF , and legit SG that can play defense.
(in otherwords Young legs)

feel sorry for Curry = 100%
it is what it is.

Kerr could be the coach , but I even question that ... his time may be up like Rudy's was with Houston.

k0kakw0rld
01-01-2024, 04:12 PM
They are definitely getting rusty and being overshadowed by potential younger teams like the mavs and nuggets. Things will only get worse for them as they continue to age older.

OKC, Wolves are both ahead of the teams you have mentioned smh... :confusedshrug:

Axe
01-01-2024, 06:21 PM
And what have those two done in the playoffs lately? Dumb dumb.

tontoz
01-01-2024, 06:24 PM
consensus is that Warriors franchise needs to blow it up , which I thought should of happened 2+ years ago.

it is what it is.

Kerr could be the coach , but I even question that ... his time may be up like Rudy's was with Houston.

It they blew it up 2+ years ago they would have one less ring.

warriorfan
01-01-2024, 07:33 PM
It they blew it up 2+ years ago they would have one less ring.

lol

Axe
01-01-2024, 07:38 PM

it is what it is.

No klay, no play.

tpols
01-01-2024, 09:35 PM
Klay Thompson has gotta be the most overrated player of all time.

k0kakw0rld
01-02-2024, 12:09 AM
And what have those two done in the playoffs lately? Dumb dumb.
What have the Mavs done? No playoffs nor play-in appearances, last season.

Hey Yo
01-02-2024, 12:44 AM
GS wishes they had Clarkson back

Taurus
01-02-2024, 01:13 AM
It is too early to write them off. They had the toughest schedule in the league to start the season. Klay and Wiggins got off to horrible starts. They've had injury issues in addition to the Dray drama.

Their young guys are producing. Wiggins and Klay probably won't keep playing this badly. They just got Payton back. Too early to panic.

I do think there is a fair chance they make a trade for a vet big.

Someone please tell Steve Kerr that, because their minutes are so erratic. Moses Moody didn't even play against the Mavs as Klay went 1-11

Axe
01-02-2024, 01:21 AM
What have the Mavs done? No playoffs nor play-in appearances, last season.
Weren't they in the conference finals not a long time ago? :confusedshrug:

But hey, i do recognize the potential of okc and minny as possible title-contending teams this year in case you're coming up with stupid assumptions now that i don't.

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2024, 01:41 AM
GS wishes they had Clarkson back

me too!

Jasper
01-02-2024, 11:48 AM
Klay Thompson has gotta be the most overrated player of all time.

I believe you are correct ... he made a name for himself with some defense , but his old tired legs can't do it anymore ... and his shooting with
no legs are clunkers.