PDA

View Full Version : Embiid can miss 11 more games before he loses all award eligibility.

Kblaze8855
12-31-2023, 04:48 PM
At face value I’m fine with it. But I do wonder about the long-term implications of creating extra all nba players who wouldn’t make it if others were eligible. With it tied to contract structure?

We gonna have a few more Supermax eligible guys making teams knees shake deciding what to do aren’t we?

BarberSchool
12-31-2023, 04:54 PM
Calling all stat nerd gambling addicts !!!!

What are the put-option type things we can bet on, against Embiid winning any individual award this year ????

fourkicks44
12-31-2023, 05:51 PM
As per the website that cannot be named.

NBA stars on pace to become ineligible for season awards

Devin Booker
Donovan Mitchell
Jimmy Butler
Kristaps Porzingis
Bam Adebayo
Lauri Markkanen
Jamal Murray
Darius Garland
Kyrie Irving
LaMelo Ball
Zach LaVine

Ineligible for sure

Ja Morant
Tyler Herro
Bradley Beal

90sgoat
12-31-2023, 05:54 PM
Good, because Embiid has been picking and choosing which matchups to play for years, dodging Jokic every time.

elementally morale
12-31-2023, 05:58 PM
Good, because Embiid has been picking and choosing which matchups to play for years, dodging Jokic every time.

Last year he dodged the 2nd. In their 1st meeting Embiid won the H2H and the game. And he won it convincingly. It's just one game, but embiid actually is 5-2 vs. Jokic. Doesn't make him better (if he is, not because of this) but it is what it is.

Embiid however DOES have a tendency to not give 100% effort in the reg. season and... well it shows later.

Mask the Embiid
12-31-2023, 11:20 PM

Check their h2h stats and record….embiid owns him…..what you’re saying isn’t reality

BigTicket
01-01-2024, 03:49 AM
If he did end up missing out, I wonder if Maxey would make all nba instead of him ? With the new position-less format I could see voters doing that.

Personally I like the idea of having a clear objective threshold, but 65 games seems too high to me.

Trollsmasher
01-01-2024, 10:56 AM
It makes perfect sense since awards voters are too dumb to realize that missed games deduct from the total provided value

90sgoat
01-01-2024, 12:51 PM
The fact is that we can no longer trust that players are injured because their highly paid physios and doctors have gone soft and just write "get out of gym class" passes for anything.

You shouldn't be considered a top player in the league if you can't stay on the floor for more than 60 games a season. That's unfair. Why should someone playing 75+ games have to go without the rest that Embiid gets?

These guys are paid to play 82 games.

If it were up to me, only 41 games would be guaranteed pay, the rest would be dependent on games played. We all know Silver will never mess with the players because he is woke and sees it in some weird political context.

Street Hunger
01-01-2024, 01:02 PM
I think it definitely makes sense to have a minimum number of games played in order to win these awards. The question is what the minimum number of games should be.

elementally morale
01-01-2024, 05:25 PM
I think it definitely makes sense to have a minimum number of games played in order to win these awards. The question is what the minimum number of games should be.

I would actually raise the bar to 70 games. If you are not out there you are not contributing in the regular season and it is a reg. season award.

Xiao Yao You
01-01-2024, 05:28 PM
I would actually raise the bar to 70 games. If you are not out there you are not contributing in the regular season and it is a reg. season award.

I just made a draft list for fantasy and not very many playing 70 games yearly. 60 or 65 seems better though maybe those numbers will change this year but it certainly doesn't seem like guys are sitting out any less with the new rule

Kblaze8855
01-01-2024, 05:58 PM
I just made a draft list for fantasy and not very many playing 70 games yearly. 60 or 65 seems better though maybe those numbers will change this year but it certainly doesn't seem like guys are sitting out any less with the new rule

Any superstars not already have their all nba or award accolades wrapped up for Supermax eligibility? Those are the ones I’d imagine care the most.