PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas says two WNBA players approached him about donating sperm.

Kblaze8855
01-02-2024, 05:03 PM
Presumably, two gay players, looking for him as a surrogate.

Kenyon Martin is fully in favor of the concept.

https://youtube.com/shorts/f7qJ7m_ofv8?si=ts9A-yMZpw0jBpC8

That’s probably good fatherly advice(his son is in the league if you didn’t know). Save a bunch of sperm in a freezer so nobody can trap you with a kid while you’re looking for the right wife and mother of your children.

Gilbert is an odd choice to me if you’re choosing genetics wise looking for nba size. He’s big for a point guard but if you’re trying to maximize your chance at a tall kid, wouldn’t you go taller?

Height isn’t the only issue I suppose. He actually was a supreme athlete. It just didn’t fully show in the NBA. There was an Olympic track coach who worked with him around high school age who thought he had the makings of an Olympic level sprinter along the lines of a Usain Bolt.

I wouldn’t mind hearing the conversation the two players had that led them to go with Gilbert.

rawimpact
01-02-2024, 05:15 PM
They approached Yao but he would only take Chinese Yuan

Carbine
01-02-2024, 05:16 PM
I think Gilbert is the most explosive player within a five foot range player with that kind of build I've ever seen.

Everything he did, from his shot quickness, handle, first step, stopping and raising up on a dime... Short area quickness, he was #2 to nobody.

Kblaze8855
01-02-2024, 05:18 PM
Speaking of Yao…was he not the result of the Chinese doing exactly this? Putting his national team basketball parents together to create a kid who could be tall? I feel like that went from generally accepted to considered a myth somewhere along the way.

Kblaze8855
01-02-2024, 05:21 PM
Yea Yao was pretty much created for the Chinese

Yao's family was essentially punished for much of Yao's childhood, because in her youth Yao's mother was a vocal leader of Mao's Red Guard. According to Larmer, she led public denunciations of one-time party secretary Zhu Yong. After humiliation and what sounds to me like torture (she did not, according to the book, lay a hand on him), Zhu Yong "confessed" and was sentenced to "reeducation camp" where he was spotted knee deep in an icy stream, pulling rotten grass out of the water, with his frost-bitten hands cracked and bleeding. He was in the camp for five years. When Zhu Yong returned to power as a sports administrator, Yao's mother was subjected to menial jobs and the family made far less than the average Chinese family, despite being the preeminent athletic family.

Yao's parents were united as a couple after the Communist Party made clear they would like them together (presumably to create a tall young athlete), and a friend convinced them they could "make do" with each other.

Yao has always wanted to be an archaeologist.

Yao was not very into basketball as a youngster. Two things that made him like it more: his dad would give him prizes for making baskets, and his mom took him to see the Harlem Globetrotters.

The lame high-five that Yao Ming's family managed on live TV when he was picked first overall was contrived at the suggestion of NBA personnel. In fact, the family was worn down from negotiating their way into the NBA through Chinese and American red tape. At one point Yao's mother reportedly told officials that if Yao Ming didn't make it to the NBA that year, he would never play basketball again.

In China and in Houston, Yao would sometimes avoid going home to avoid his overbearing mother. In addition to the suburban home where he lives with his parents, Yao now also spends time in a downtown Houston apartment that he has

FultzNationRISE
01-02-2024, 05:57 PM
I wouldn’t mind hearing the conversation the two players had that led them to go with Gilbert.

The conversation was probably "Which player is there an actual chance of saying yes to this?"

Which would narrow it pretty much down to Dilbert.

Kblaze8855
01-02-2024, 06:14 PM
They probably ended up getting some much poorer ex player to do it. You go watch James White dunk highlights. You might wonder what could be done if somebody teaches his genetics to play basketball on the nba level.

FKAri
01-02-2024, 06:38 PM
He later said it was 2 ex-Mystics players who were apparently a couple. Not sure if with each other or what but y'all can investigate. I've seen a few of Gil's streams and they're both hilarious and insightful.

Speaking of Yao…was he not the result of the Chinese doing exactly this? Putting his national team basketball parents together to create a kid who could be tall? I feel like that went from generally accepted to considered a myth somewhere along the way.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing some unreal genetic freaks out of China in a few years. They have no qualms of going full Gattaca over there.

Xiao Yao You
01-02-2024, 06:55 PM
He later said it was 2 ex-Mystics players who were apparently a couple. Not sure if with each other or what but y'all can investigate. I've seen a few of Gil's streams and they're both hilarious and insightful.

I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing some unreal genetic freaks out of China in a few years. They have no qualms of going full Gattaca over there.

Yeah the Yao experiment went so well. Sometimes you are just too big.

Real Men Wear Green
01-02-2024, 07:05 PM

It did go well. They created an NBA allstar. We don't have to approve of the method to acknowledge the fact that his career was a great success. He's inarguably the greatest player China ever produced.

warriorfan
01-02-2024, 07:05 PM
I would think they would find a non mentally ill nba player to do it

90sgoat
01-02-2024, 07:06 PM
It did go well. They created an NBA allstar. We don't have to approve of the method to acknowledge the fact that his career was a great success. He's inarguably the greatest player China ever produced.

Am I missing something or did China legit breed Yao into being?

Real Men Wear Green
01-02-2024, 07:08 PM
Am I missing something or did China legit breed Yao into being?

I'm not sure because the stuff I this thread may not even be second hand knowledge and China is so secretive in general. But it sounds like it.

FKAri
01-02-2024, 07:30 PM

It was successful but that's irrelevant to my point. My point is that they have shown that they are willing to try it. They already breed and train Olympians but the state can't really own and boast about a basketball player the same way. But if they wanted to we are on the precipice of it being possible to not just breed an athlete but "design" one in a lab.

highwhey
01-02-2024, 07:56 PM
I would think they would find a non mentally ill nba player to do it

didn't you once post a picture of a beachy sand with your name written in piss?

Norcaliblunt
01-02-2024, 09:29 PM
I’ve actually seen Arenas in person and my friend played against him in high school. He’s an average tall guy. 6 foot plus but not overwhelming tall.

What’s not average is dudes personality. Dude was all jokes, laughs, and grunts while ordering tacos at a Calabasas gas station.

Norcaliblunt
01-02-2024, 09:48 PM
Comparable height guys I’ve met in person who appeared way bigger than Gilbert are Kenny Smith and Mark Jackson. They all live in the same neighborhood out here. Idk if it’s an age weight thing but Smith and Jackson are built like mules but Arenas is just a regular tall guy.

ILLsmak
01-02-2024, 11:11 PM
haha surrogate makes me think of some Junior shite.

-Smak