PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves come-down: 4-4 in last 8

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2024, 05:23 AM
Early season record false dawn or just a minor slump?

L.Kizzle
01-04-2024, 06:31 AM
.500 ball is a slump now. They've lost 2 in a row for the first time all season.

They play Rockets, Mavs, Magic, Celtics, Blazers, Clippers, Pistons, Grizzlies for their next 8. Let's see how they do with that lineup.

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2024, 06:35 AM
.500 ball is a slump now. They've lost 2 in a row for the first time all season.

They play Rockets, Mavs, Magic, Celtics, Blazers, Clippers, Pistons, Grizzlies for their next 8. Let's see how they do with that lineup.

The problem is they got destroyed by the Sixers and OKC, lost handily to the Knicks and fairly comfortably at home to the Pelicans..

and they eeked out a win at home against the lakers on a dubious call that prevented overtime.

Full Court
01-04-2024, 08:00 AM
The problem is they got destroyed by the Sixers and OKC, lost handily to the Knicks and fairly comfortably at home to the Pelicans..

and they eeked out a win at home against the lakers on a dubious call that prevented overtime.

There was nothing dubious about that call. It was clear cut. Get over it.

Manny98
01-04-2024, 09:18 AM
As expected

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2024, 09:23 AM

and they beat a bunch of the best teams earlier in the year. Only 2nd home loss. Their role players haven't been doing much. Probably need to do something at the trade deadline/buyouts to shake things up

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2024, 09:38 AM

"clear cut" or not they were at best a centimeter away from OT of that game also.

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2024, 09:43 AM
"clear cut" or not they were at best a centimeter away from OT of that game also.

it's not horseshoes or hand grenades

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2024, 09:44 AM
it's not horseshoes or hand grenades

Are you retarded bro?

Wally450
01-04-2024, 10:46 AM
Every team goes through a slump. This is just the Wolves time. They're too good of a team defensively to have this be their identity the rest of the way.

FultzNationRISE
01-04-2024, 12:10 PM
Bit of both Im sure.

They may not hold on to that top spot in the conference all season but it’s also not like their record is a bogus hiccup to this point. Theyre in the mix, but maybe have played slightly above their heads to this point.

dankok8
01-04-2024, 01:09 PM
Young teams like the Wolves and OKC have no extra gear once they get into the playoffs. Neither is a serious contender to me.

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2024, 02:47 PM
Young teams like the Wolves and OKC have no extra gear once they get into the playoffs. Neither is a serious contender to me.

Wolves aren't exactly young with Gobert, Conley, Anderson... OKC certainly could use some vets I'd think

SaltyMeatballs
01-04-2024, 04:39 PM

Full Court whenever the Lakers or LeBron are mentioned

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l396BoOTIFem9xqQU/giphy.gif

SATAN
01-04-2024, 05:22 PM
Full Court whenever the Lakers or LeBron are mentioned

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uBTE87YBfbQ/hqdefault.jpg

ftfy

dankok8
01-06-2024, 03:33 PM
Wolves aren't exactly young with Gobert, Conley, Anderson... OKC certainly could use some vets I'd think

You're right. They have some vets and even Towns is a veteran at this point but Edwards is their main guy and he's super young. We'll see but anything beyond second round from this Wolves team would surprise me a lot.

GimmeThat
01-06-2024, 03:45 PM
I don't understand why Gobert continues to sympathize Draymond Green

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2024, 06:52 PM
I can’t tell you how many times we walk into the locker room after a Wolves game, win or loss, and Edwards is picking Conley’s brain. Conley isn’t afraid to tell the young fella when he messes up. But he’s also swift to praise him when he does the right thing. You could make an argument that Conley is the most valuable player on the team. They don’t have another great point guard option behind him, and he’s also hit a ton of big shots in his relatively short time in Minnesota. (https://theathletic.com/5182094/2024/01/06/wolves-rockets-rebuild-anthony-edwards-fred-vanvleet/) When he doesn’t play well, as was the case against New Orleans the other night, the Wolves often do not play well as a team.

– via Jon Krawczynski, Kelly Iko, Kelly Iko and Jon Krawczynski @ The Athletic (https://theathletic.com/5182094/2024/01/06/wolves-rockets-rebuild-anthony-edwards-fred-vanvleet/)

great guy to learn from

Axe
01-06-2024, 10:17 PM
I don't understand why Gobert continues to sympathize Draymond Green
Because he's scared of him.

Xiao Yao You
01-06-2024, 10:22 PM
Because he's scared of him.

:facepalm