PDA

View Full Version : Are we as a people still acknowledging Terry Rozier?

Kblaze8855
01-04-2024, 09:27 PM
Remember him?

He was Kyrie Irving for about 40-45 minutes thousands of years ago.

Have you heard his name spoken out loud since he left Boston?

I see a nasty highlight now and then but I’m not sure I’ve heard his name spoken.

SATAN
01-04-2024, 09:32 PM
Yes. He's a decent player :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
01-04-2024, 09:33 PM
fun player to watch, he used to show some flashes of some amazing stuff when he was with boston. always liked him

i just had to look it up and he’s scoring 24 ppg now, wow, shit.

But yeah he’s fallen off the radar hard in terms of relevancy. I hardly hear his name anymore and I don’t watch charlotte games.

That’s what happens when you go to a small market team that’s in the cellar every year, even if you are a boarderline all star it doesn’t matter, you may as well not exist.

FultzNationRISE
01-04-2024, 09:51 PM
I literally do not acknowledge anyone playing for the Charlotte Hornets. In my mind they are like the Bermuda Triangle. Once a player goes there they are just completely off the grid to me.

I dont mean this as hyperbole, it's not even a conscious decision. Even other bad teams I'll look at once in a while to see what theyre up to. The Hornets Ive just been conditioned to assume have drafted and signed all the wrong guys and have zero trajectory toward relevance at all times. I never look at their record or their highlights or consider what moves they might make. They're a blank spot in my mind.

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2024, 10:00 PM
I literally do not acknowledge anyone playing for the Charlotte Hornets. In my mind they are like the Bermuda Triangle. Once a player goes there they are just completely off the grid to me.

I dont mean this as hyperbole, it's not even a conscious decision. Even other bad teams I'll look at once in a while to see what theyre up to. The Hornets Ive just been conditioned to assume have drafted and signed all the wrong guys and have zero trajectory toward relevance at all times. I never look at their record or their highlights or consider what moves they might make. They're a blank spot in my mind.

:oldlol:

Its true

L.Kizzle
01-04-2024, 10:46 PM
It still trips me out he didn't know the Bulls 3peat twice until the Last Dance documentary.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2024, 10:57 PM
It still trips me out he didn't know the Bulls 3peat twice until the Last Dance documentary.

He was 4 when they won the 6th. Young players aren’t googling much history. And weird as it sounds the 90s are history to them. If he doesn’t spend time, reading people fighting about it on social media, and played more than he sat around watching things like first take it’s conceivable.

Real Men Wear Green
01-05-2024, 12:41 AM
It's a shame he left the Celtics. Irving was on his way out the door and Walker was never able to give the team a healthy postseason. Who knows where a trio of him Brown and Tatum would have gotten, he likely doesn't ever average 24 but he could have been the long term starting point guard.

Taurus
01-05-2024, 01:35 AM
Yes, because he might just save my fantasy team

L.Kizzle
01-05-2024, 01:56 AM
He was 4 when they won the 6th. Young players aren’t googling much history. And weird as it sounds the 90s are history to them. If he doesn’t spend time, reading people fighting about it on social media, and played more than he sat around watching things like first take it’s conceivable.

No excuses. His boss is MJ, he should know that. Pretty sure it was in the pamphlet when he joined the team lol.

That's like Boyz II Men working at Motown in the 90s and not knowing their boss (Berry Gordy) got Michael Jackson started.

Kblaze8855
01-05-2024, 02:33 AM
The reasons things happen are not necessarily excuses.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:39 AM
No excuses. His boss is MJ, he should know that. Pretty sure it was in the pamphlet when he joined the team lol.

That's like Boyz II Men working at Motown in the 90s and not knowing their boss (Berry Gordy) got Michael Jackson started.

In hindsight it makes sense I remember asking my pops back in the day “we aren’t playing the jazz” when they checked moses malone in. he told me son that’s moses not karl, I say who the **** is moses malone? he said he can’t even believe he’s still playing but was the man back in his day

I was confused as ****

fsvr54
01-05-2024, 03:21 AM

We all know about many things that are common knowledge that happened before we were even born.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 03:34 AM
We all know about many things that are common knowledge that happened before we were even born.

and we don’t know until someone older than us teaches us it

fsvr54
01-05-2024, 03:43 AM
and we don’t know until someone older than us teaches us it

Yeah, as a child, or reading/researching things...but he was a fully grown adult when he found out.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 03:47 AM
Yeah, as a child, or reading/researching things...but he was a fully grown adult when he found out.

i never read basketball history in a book i had an older relative teach it to me

BarberSchool
01-05-2024, 03:48 AM

Same.

And one of my best friends grew up in Charlotte :roll:

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 03:51 AM
one of my best friends ended up going to grad school in vanderbilt and stayed out east for a few years in charlotte. He could pick up amazing tickets for nothing at anytime and would go just to go on a whim. Sounded kinda nice.

Bawkish
01-05-2024, 03:56 AM
I never knew Larry Bird was white

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 04:04 AM
Patrick Mills before headed to the Hornets

elementally morale
01-05-2024, 04:56 AM

:cheers:

Same here.

Kblaze8855
01-05-2024, 09:26 AM

The number and manner of Jordan’s rings isn’t common knowledge. It’s just so ingrained in us we feel like it is.

go spend some time around young basketball players. You would be amazed what they don’t know or care about. The references they don’t get. Even to recent things. I was watching a post game show and an NBA executive mentioned that his kid who is like 15 and in a high-level basketball camp was shocked to learn that LeBron James played for the heat.

None of this shit matters to these kids. They know who is right in front of them. And they barely even watch games in the modern league. Kids watch highlights not basketball.

They arent sitting around watching an hour pregame, and then the whole game like we used to. If you put them in front of their favorite player, playing a real game, they will sit there on their phone bored.

Im around a decent number of young players and they don’t know or care about anything that happened in the nba before right now. And barely even that.

Kid(he’s about 15) asked if id get him some Kyries and he literally didn’t know who Luka was. Think that kid gives a **** about 1993? He doesn’t watch sports media far as I can tell. He’s not arguing about it on the internet. He plays basketball. That’s it. He knows what you tell him and doesn’t care even if you did.

It’s been going on a long long time. It’s never been easier to be an ultra casual fan. You don’t have to sit down and watch anything that might give you extra information. They don’t see commercials. They don’t see ESPN specials. They don’t read anything on places like this. They don’t even watch old players highlights on YouTube unless you put it right in front of them. The extreme majority of them don’t watch full games.

My friends stepson made it to a camp hosted by Chris Paul, and he didn’t even know who Chris Paul was before he went. These kids are almost totally disconnected to the present. Forget about them knowing 30 years ago.

Lebron23
01-05-2024, 10:54 AM
Terry Rozier is averaging 24.1 ppg on 46.8 fg shooting 7.1 apg and 3.1 rpg for the Charlotte Hornets who only won 8th games so far this season.

Real Men Wear Green
01-05-2024, 12:44 PM
People generally don't care much about stuff that happened in a sport before they started watching. What would be bad is if Rozier was out there not knowing what he is supposed to do in a given play. He is supposed to work on his handle and his jumper, work out to maintain his athleticism, study the film that his coaches want him to study, etc. Be prepared to play. Outside of the game he should be free to watch movies, hang with friends, mess with girls, etc. A good player doesn't have to be a knowledgeable fan or even care what happens outside of his team.

Kblaze8855
01-05-2024, 12:47 PM
Boy that speech to text beat your ass like it caught you playing with matches in the church bathroom. Condolences. It usually gets me while driving.

Real Men Wear Green
01-05-2024, 12:59 PM
Boy that speech to text beat your ass like it caught you playing with matches in the church bathroom. Condolences. It usually gets me while driving.

It's Swype in an android phone... I'll edit it. Bleh.

Kblaze8855
01-05-2024, 01:15 PM
Ideal like that’s usually more reliable.

though I typed that previous sentence using swipe to test that theory, and I’m writing this one with talk to text to compare.

It appears the speech recognition might be better than swiping after all. That first word was supposed to be “I feel” not “ideal”. This I had to type old-fashioned because I haven’t figured out how to put something in quotation marks verbally.

Real Men Wear Green
01-05-2024, 01:18 PM
Ideal like that’s usually more reliable.

though I typed that previous sentence using swipe to test that theory, and I’m writing this one with talk to text to compare.

It appears the speech recognition might be better than swiping after all. That first word was supposed to be “I feel” not “ideal”. This I had to type old-fashioned because I haven’t figured out how to put something in quotation marks verbally.
My thumb can cover 2 or three different buttons at once so it can get ugly.

BarberSchool
01-06-2024, 12:16 AM
Rozier was always the type of player who could ONLY put up big numbers on a bottom feeding squad, with a roster full of pu$sy/passives and polite MF's.

Love me some iverson, but his radiant MF legacy of highlights and swagger, created a whole lotta dissapointing, selfish, low-efficiency, high turnover, Score-first undersized SG with poor decision making, poor vision, poor-predictive-play, fronting like PG's, losing hella games and doing nothing but wasting franchises time and creating resentful teammates..

From Steve Franchise lol to Russell Westbrick and all the similar players, Rozier probably oblivious to his destiny and thinks he's doing it big right now, and the squad is just a few bounces away from a playoff run LMMFAO....not wanting to acknowledge that his strengths translate even less in the post-season lol.

BarberSchool
01-06-2024, 02:10 AM
Rozier was 5-17 tonight lol

1-7 from 3

Took the MF 17 shots to get 15pts lmmfao.
Points per attempt like that = mf prime example of:
LOSING BASKETBALL.

fsvr54
01-06-2024, 02:29 AM
The number and manner of Jordan’s rings isn’t common knowledge. It’s just so ingrained in us we feel like it is.

go spend some time around young basketball players. You would be amazed what they don’t know or care about. The references they don’t get. Even to recent things. I was watching a post game show and an NBA executive mentioned that his kid who is like 15 and in a high-level basketball camp was shocked to learn that LeBron James played for the heat.

None of this shit matters to these kids. They know who is right in front of them. And they barely even watch games in the modern league. Kids watch highlights not basketball.

They arent sitting around watching an hour pregame, and then the whole game like we used to. If you put them in front of their favorite player, playing a real game, they will sit there on their phone bored.

Im around a decent number of young players and they don’t know or care about anything that happened in the nba before right now. And barely even that.

Kid(he’s about 15) asked if id get him some Kyries and he literally didn’t know who Luka was. Think that kid gives a **** about 1993? He doesn’t watch sports media far as I can tell. He’s not arguing about it on the internet. He plays basketball. That’s it. He knows what you tell him and doesn’t care even if you did.

It’s been going on a long long time. It’s never been easier to be an ultra casual fan. You don’t have to sit down and watch anything that might give you extra information. They don’t see commercials. They don’t see ESPN specials. They don’t read anything on places like this. They don’t even watch old players highlights on YouTube unless you put it right in front of them. The extreme majority of them don’t watch full games.

My friends stepson made it to a camp hosted by Chris Paul, and he didn’t even know who Chris Paul was before he went. These kids are almost totally disconnected to the present. Forget about them knowing 30 years ago.

Just cause dumb kids (dumbest generation of all time) don't know something, doesn't not make it common knowledge. USSR fell in 1991. How many zoomers know that? It's common knowledge though.

SATAN
01-06-2024, 03:49 AM
:facepalm

Kblaze8855
01-06-2024, 09:42 AM
Just cause dumb kids (dumbest generation of all time) don't know something, doesn't not make it common knowledge. USSR fell in 1991. How many zoomers know that? It's common knowledge though.

Its common knowledge to you and people like you.

It’s useless trivia to most people. Kids aren’t dumb to not know the specifics of sports accomplishments from 20 years before they are born. You think everyone from Jordans generation knows the exact manner Bill Russell won 11 rings? Or even the number of them? I know for a fact they don’t because I remember people saying the wrong number and interviews.

It isn’t real life important and it has nothing to do with their ability or intelligence. If you don’t care about sports history(an unimportant subject even if you play sports) and don’t watch the kinda media that argues such things all the time where do those details come from?

I promise you not everybody on the Yankees in the 90 knew how many rings Joe DiMaggio won. I think it was Miguel Cabrera, who got a stare down from Roger Clemens in the World Series, then hit a home run off him, and it came out he didn’t even know who Roger Clemens was.

those details don’t matter to young people, and they are only as important as we try to make them out to be in our indignation. You can know who Michael Jordan is, and not give a shit about the exact order in which he won his rings.

Kblaze8855
01-18-2024, 01:09 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2401181038170330.jpeg

WhiteKyrie
01-18-2024, 10:04 AM
Which shows they don’t know what they’re talking about and not even fans of the sport. In the 90s as a kid I’m looking up stuff about the 80s, 70s and 60s because I’m a fan of the sport. These people literally can click on actual video highlights at the touch of their fingers in their pocket and don’t know anything. Kind of explains morons like Shia’s basketball opinions etc

Real Men Wear Green
01-18-2024, 10:09 AM
Which shows they don’t know what they’re talking about and not even fans of the sport. In the 90s as a kid I’m looking up stuff about the 80s, 70s and 60s because I’m a fan of the sport. These people literally can click on actual video highlights at the touch of their fingers in their pocket and don’t know anything. Kind of explains morons like Shia’s basketball opinions etc

Except that you are not even one-thousandth the player that Rozier is so even though he doesn't care about history he understands the game well enough to do his job and that's what's actually important.

L.Kizzle
01-18-2024, 12:34 PM
I'm pretty sure most people in the music business know Michael Jackson's Thriller is the best selling album of all time. Soms things should be known. Should they know how many songs was on Jermaine Jackson's 3rd album, NO. But the Thriller thing, sure.

Kblaze8855
01-18-2024, 12:58 PM
Im sure most people in the NBA know Jordan had 2 threepeats, but obviously all of them dont. Im also sure you can find a lot of people in music who don’t know the highest selling album ever too. That definitely isn’t common knowledge. Common enough a lot of people would know but it isn’t something everyone will know.

Like a third of America can’t find Canada on a globe.

BarberSchool
01-18-2024, 01:07 PM
^Total ignorance on that level, is primarily a public-housing(northern states), and deep south problem. Vast majority of american kids this generation are def softer/effemeniate than when I grew up no doubt, but that level of oblivious ignorance isn't across the board, it's isolated and specific to very distinct pockets.

back on topic ... Terry Rozier would absolutely NOT fit in with "heat culture" on or off the court. Guarantee Jimmy and him would be in at least one fistfight before any success could occur.

L.Kizzle
01-18-2024, 01:45 PM
Im sure most people in the NBA know Jordan had 2 threepeats, but obviously all of them dont. Im also sure you can find a lot of people in music who don’t know the highest selling album ever too. That definitely isn’t common knowledge. Common enough a lot of people would know but it isn’t something everyone will know.

Like a third of America can’t find Canada on a globe.

What is a stat (is that the right word?) The majority of folks in music would know. Would it a the number of Granny's Stevie Wonder has. Number 1 records by the Beatles.
And, I'm not talking about people outside of music.

Kblaze8855
01-18-2024, 01:54 PM
Neither. There were rappers a few years ago talking about they never heard biggie or Tupac music. You think everyone in music is googling Beatles number one hits? Young people don’t care about these things, and they gain very little from the knowledge.

L.Kizzle
01-18-2024, 02:04 PM
Neither. There were rappers a few years ago talking about they never heard biggie or Tupac music. You think everyone in music is googling Beatles number one hits? Young people don’t care about these things, and they gain very little from the knowledge.
These new rappers get into it for the money or are from the Gang lifestyle. Most of them would even say they never imagined themselves rapping. Usually their brother or homie gets killed and they have to get out the streets. Them cats don't even practice their craft.

beasted
01-18-2024, 04:13 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2401181038170330.jpeg
If its Lowry and 2 firsts for Rozier that would be a good trade.

Kblaze8855
01-18-2024, 04:19 PM
The 2 firsts feel a bit heavy reputation wise but not basketball wise.

FultzNationRISE
01-18-2024, 04:50 PM
If Rozier gets traded to Miami, Dame gonna be on suicide watch.

Real Men Wear Green
01-18-2024, 05:40 PM
If its Lowry and 2 firsts for Rozier that would be a good trade.

As a Celtic fan Lowry has a very specific way of frustrating, by getting steals off of Jaylen Brown when on paper in theory there is no way he should be getting stops on JB. But on the other hand at this point Rozier is a much better player. Not sure who is more likely to help pull off an upset. Or if Rozier would be extra motivated by revenge.

ILLsmak
01-18-2024, 10:08 PM

hahah.

Yall dudes need to watch the road.

You see a dude driving w/ one hand yelling into his phone but you dunno it's a mod chirping on ish.

-Smak

beasted
01-19-2024, 09:26 PM
As a Celtic fan Lowry has a very specific way of frustrating, by getting steals off of Jaylen Brown when on paper in theory there is no way he should be getting stops on JB. But on the other hand at this point Rozier is a much better player. Not sure who is more likely to help pull off an upset. Or if Rozier would be extra motivated by revenge.

Honestly, the bigger concern for them should be that he is immediately bought out by Charlotte in that trade scenario and finds his way to help out one of Boston, Milwaukee, or most likely his hometown Sixers.

bison
01-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Per woj:

The Charlotte Hornets are trading Terry Rozier to the Miami Heat for a 2027 first-round pick and Kyle Lowry, sources tell ESPN.

1987_Lakers
01-23-2024, 11:15 AM
Per woj:

The Charlotte Hornets are trading Terry Rozier to the Miami Heat for a 2027 first-round pick and Kyle Lowry, sources tell ESPN.

I can't believe Lowry is still in the league.

Im Still Ballin
01-23-2024, 11:18 AM
Damn! That's a great trade for Miami.

bison
01-23-2024, 11:19 AM
Hornets get an expiring and a FRP. Good for Charlotte. Heat gets rozier who has been playing well this season. Even better for Miami.

Well they might buy out Lowry or trade again

beasted
01-23-2024, 11:26 AM
Damn! That's a great trade for Miami.
Definitely. If they can get a proper defensive big next to Bam, Miami might actually be a real threat this year. Can they wrestle Dorian Finney-Smith away from the Nets for Caleb Martin, and Thomas Bryant?

But the danger here is I think this trade all but guarantees that Lowry ends up in Philly though.

beasted
01-23-2024, 11:29 AM
I can't believe Lowry is still in the league.

He's a solid role player and would be in the rotation on most teams, but definitely grossly overpaid expiring deal.

Wally450
01-23-2024, 11:41 AM
Miami gets their guy.

Im Still Ballin
01-23-2024, 12:06 PM
They now have four guys who can score 20+ ppg. I wonder what Terry will average? Bam, Jimmy, and Herro are all above 20 ppg. Terry nearly takes as many threes as twos. I expect him to put up 7-8 3pters per game. I can see him doing 16-18 ppg.

L.Kizzle
01-23-2024, 12:07 PM
I wonder of Terry knows Jordan's number is retired in Miami as well.

Real Men Wear Green
01-23-2024, 01:10 PM
Almost like they got Rozier for free. He's not Lillaird offensively but he's not lillard defensively either. Hard to see any downside for the Heat.

Xiao Yao You
01-23-2024, 01:16 PM
Honestly, the bigger concern for them should be that he is immediately bought out by Charlotte in that trade scenario and finds his way to help out one of Boston, Milwaukee, or most likely his hometown Sixers.

Kurt Helin: Just a reminder for people playing the “let’s get Kyle Lowry on the buyout market” game already: Under the new CBA Phoenix, Milwaukee, Boston, and Denver are out (https://*********.com/social/) because they are over the tax like and Lowry makes more than the mid-level exception.
– via Twitter basketballtalk (https://twitter.com/basketballtalk)

beasted
01-23-2024, 02:47 PM
Kurt Helin: Just a reminder for people playing the “let’s get Kyle Lowry on the buyout market” game already: Under the new CBA Phoenix, Milwaukee, Boston, and Denver are out (https://*********.com/social/) because they are over the tax like and Lowry makes more than the mid-level exception.
– via Twitter basketballtalk (https://twitter.com/basketballtalk)

Then that makes the Sixers a certainty.

warriorfan
01-23-2024, 03:42 PM
I wonder of Terry knows Jordan's number is retired in Miami as well.

:lol

Xiao Yao You
01-23-2024, 04:13 PM
Then that makes the Sixers a certainty.

depends on what role he's looking for

NBAGOAT
01-23-2024, 07:53 PM
Miami is looking good. Jacquez was an unbelievable find in the draft too. Only worry about them now is rozier/herro is a meh fit and not that good defensively but supposedly herro is much better on defense this year. Could also have rozier be the 6th man off the bench, he would excel in that role

beasted
01-23-2024, 08:02 PM
Miami is looking good. Jacquez was an unbelievable find in the draft too. Only worry about them now is rozier/herro is a meh fit and not that good defensively but supposedly herro is much better on defense this year. Could also have rozier be the 6th man off the bench, he would excel in that role

If I'm being 100% honest, I'd trade Herro if I were Miami for a more capable defender, even at the cost of the only draft pick they have left to trade.

Herro + 1st for Dejounte Murray + Mills would be ideal, though unlikely.

beasted
01-23-2024, 08:03 PM
depends on what role he's looking for

Nobody will start him. At his age he should be satisfied with regular rotation minutes for a playoff team.

NBAGOAT
01-24-2024, 05:03 AM
If I'm being 100% honest, I'd trade Herro if I were Miami for a more capable defender, even at the cost of the only draft pick they have left to trade.

Herro + 1st for Dejounte Murray + Mills would be ideal, though unlikely.

they need spacing around bam and butler however so idk. also murray's defense isnt that great and you still have maybe too many ball handlers(we'll see if that's a problem with this team). If you can find a really good 3nD guy I be more into trading herro.