PDA

View Full Version : Jokic with a 40 foot bomb to win as time expires

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 01:35 AM

Wow

To be honest i’m not even mad. That was wild.

FultzNationRISE
01-05-2024, 01:36 AM
I stopped checking the box score when it was like 110-95 Warriors.

Damn :lol

dunksby
01-05-2024, 01:37 AM
Incredible shot, especially with Looney hounding him as best as he could.

ArbitraryWater
Wtf?

Shit was a blowout

SATAN
Curry got shut down by Aaron Gordon. 18 point lead turned evaporated as he kept desperately chucking...

dunksby
01-05-2024, 01:38 AM
I stopped checking the box score when it was like 110-95 Warriors.

Damn :lol
Nuggets just simply started playing defence and Warriors fell apart, brick after brick.

Taurus
01-05-2024, 01:38 AM
Another Kerr disasterclass.

This dude just hates Kuminga and Moody

Taurus
01-05-2024, 01:40 AM

Wow

Honestly we've choked so many big leads this season that I don't even get mad anymore. I kinda just expect it to happen.

FultzNationRISE
bdonovan BOILING.

ArbitraryWater
Ahh, too bad it wasnt a swisher

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 01:42 AM
Honestly we've choked so many big leads this season that I don't even get mad anymore. I kinda just expect it to happen.

Lol yeah it’s been pretty wild. Tbh it feels like a cop out but after the 4 chips it makes it a lot more easier to tolerate. We are playing with house money at this point :lol

warriorfan
Ahh, too bad it wasnt a swisher

it went in

that’s all that matters

PWB15
Curry looks like he wanted to cry

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 01:47 AM
Curry looks like he wanted to cry

Curry so rent free in this dude’s head he dusted this old ass account off to gloat over a rando regular season game :roll:

Amazing :lol

L.Kizzle
01-05-2024, 01:50 AM
Shades of Steph buzzer beater vs OKC like 8 years ago.

Proctor
Was funny af to watch Kerr get smug with Jokic halfway through the 4th and then proceed to watch the Warriors choke a huge lead :lol

warriorfan
Shades of Steph buzzer beater vs OKC like 8 years ago.

full circle.

that’s nuts that that was really 8 years ago. feels like yesterday

time flys

Spurs m8
01-05-2024, 01:51 AM

Wow

Happy New Year to you, legend :cheers:

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 01:52 AM
Was funny af to watch Kerr get smug with Jokic halfway through the 4th and then proceed to watch the Warriors choke a huge lead :lol

I got distracted and missed what happened and came back to see Kerr saying something to Jokic and he looked bent out of shape. I think Brandon P was involved?

warriorfan

My brotha from down unda.

Much love to you and the fam. Hope all is well.

To this one being better than the last :cheers:

Kblaze8855
I left the house after the young white guy got that transition layup, and the crowd was going crazy. I figured it was over.

Proctor
01-05-2024, 01:54 AM
I got distracted and missed what happened and came back to see Kerr saying something to Jokic and he looked bent out of shape. I think Brandon P was involved?
I missed the culprit but Kerr was pissed off and talking to Jokic saying to knock it off or that something he was doing wasn't basketball. Don't know the exact words but that was the idea. The momentum swung immediately and capped off by Jokic ending the game on a prayer. :lol

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 01:54 AM
I left the house after the young white guy got that transition layup, and the crowd was going crazy. I figured it was over.

shit looked over when the warriors had that absurd 3rd

that kid is BP, he ain’t special but he ain’t bad at the same time. got a bit of dawg in him. he’s a cool kid

Taurus
01-05-2024, 01:56 AM
Lol yeah it’s been pretty wild. Tbh it feels like a cop out but after the 4 chips it makes it a lot more easier to tolerate. We are playing with house money at this point :lol

Yeah we're so far away from a championship caliber team rn that I'm more or less resigned to just appreciating games that the core gets to play together. Maybe we can squeak one more title out of this core, but I wouldn't put money on it.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 01:56 AM
I missed the culprit but Kerr was pissed off and talking to Jokic saying to knock it off or that something he was doing wasn't basketball. Don't know the exact words but that was the idea. The momentum swung immediately and capped off by Jokic ending the game on a prayer. :lol

Yeah. Idk if it was for flopping or if he got real physical with BP or something. I know kerr had a meltdown about jokic flopping not too long ago. Jokic is the type of guy that I would not talk shit or whine too. Just gonna make things worse.

SaltyMeatballs
01-05-2024, 01:57 AM
Dude made that look so easy

Axe
01-05-2024, 01:58 AM
Issa good taste of their own medicine.

dunksby
01-05-2024, 01:59 AM
Podziekmski was trying to bleed the clock letting the ball roll up the court but Jokic harassed his ass around close to the Warriors 3pt line right in front their bench, Kerr took issue with it and was saying sth like "this ain't Basketball" etc.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:00 AM
Yeah we're so far away from a championship caliber team rn that I'm more or less resigned to just appreciating games that the core gets to play together. Maybe we can squeak one more title out of this core, but I wouldn't put money on it.

That was me and my buddies sentiments for our last chip. During that run we said man if we can get this one last ring where we bring the old band together for one last run…..wow, that will be it. And it happened. We said from here on now we will not have any ill will towards the warriors from here on out :lol. When you have endured 20+ seasons of what we went through then end up with one of the greatest dynasties of all time? Damn. One hell of a ride.

Spurs m8
01-05-2024, 02:03 AM
My brotha from down unda.

Much love to you and the fam. Hope all is well.

To this one being better than the last :cheers:

I absolutely wish you all the best for the year ahead, you deserve it.

2023 was one of the best for me, ticked off 2 of my huge goals before June, bought a house that I love in my fave suburb and got my dream job which has completely set my entire career up basically forever now....in the best way.

My son also hit the fun ages and every day gets more fun with him

Wife moved to a new job she loves and we honestly couldn't be doing any better.

And I say all this in the most humble way, I could not be more grateful, I am ever so appreciative.

So I wish you the same level of successes.

Also explains why I'm not really here ever, killing it in real life, hard work pays off :pimp:

Proctor
01-05-2024, 02:03 AM
Warriorfan what do you think about Moody?

It's amazing to me that Kerr won't play him but at the same time the Warriors have too many guys that can play. I understand why he's playing BP obviously. It's glaringly obvious that Moody is a nice ass player too though. Warriors don't play him enough for him to have any real trade value but anyone who watches the Warriors can see his talent. He is too good not to be playing.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:07 AM

It's amazing to me that Kerr won't play him but at the same time the Warriors have too many guys that can play. I understand why he's playing BP obviously. It's glaringly obvious that Moody is a nice ass player too though. Warriors don't play him enough for him to have any real trade value but anyone who watches the Warriors can see his talent.

Moody is really ****ing solid and plays way above his years. He plays within himself and the game doesnt move too fast for him which is impressive given his experience. He’s earned minutes over Klay so many times I cannot count. He will be playing good D and draining 3 3’s in a row in the 4th and Kerr pulls him for Klay who proceeds to shoot the warriors out of the game.

I get the whole “klay has traditionally been slow out the gate of the season and needs to get into groove” but ****. It’s damn near the all star break. Klay of old isn’t walking through those doors anytime soon. It’s time to give Moody more burn.

cliff notes he has earned so much more time but kerr is doubling down with klay and hoping he magically becomes klay of old again

hold this L
01-05-2024, 02:08 AM

It's amazing to me that Kerr won't play him but at the same time the Warriors have too many guys that can play. I understand why he's playing BP obviously. It's glaringly obvious that Moody is a nice ass player too though. Warriors don't play him enough for him to have any real trade value but anyone who watches the Warriors can see his talent. He is too good not to be playing.
It's not amazing, it's expected when you see what a ****ing hypocritical clown Steve is. Moody should have gotten two weeks of basketball starting at the 2 since the team needed shooting and length. Doesn't happen. Could have played with heart at the 3, but that can't happen because Klay has to play.. always.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:10 AM
I absolutely wish you all the best for the year ahead, you deserve it.

2023 was one of the best for me, ticked off 2 of my huge goals before June, bought a house that I love in my fave suburb and got my dream job which has completely set my entire career up basically forever now....in the best way.

My son also hit the fun ages and every day gets more fun with him

Wife moved to a new job she loves and we honestly couldn't be doing any better.

And I say all this in the most humble way, I could not be more grateful, I am ever so appreciative.

So I wish you the same level of successes.

Also explains why I'm not really here ever, killing it in real life, hard work pays off :pimp:

Amazing. Good things come to those who deserve them. Keep it up brother. We still got along ways to go :lol :cheers:

Proctor
01-05-2024, 02:13 AM
Moody is really ****ing solid and plays way above his years. He plays within himself and the game doesnt move too fast for him which is impressive given his experience. He’s earned minutes over Klay so many times I cannot count. He will be playing good D and draining 3 3’s in a row in the 4th and Kerr pulls him for Klay who proceeds to shoot the warriors out of the game.

I get the whole “klay has traditionally been slow out the gate of the season and needs to get into groove” but ****. It’s damn near the all star break. Klay of old isn’t walking through those doors anytime soon. It’s time to give Moody more burn.

cliff notes he has earned so much more time but kerr is doubling down with klay and hoping he magically becomes klay of old again
Yeah...I just don't see the easy solution. Klay is still an NBA player although significantly declined and sometimes a bedshitter and if Kerr reduces his minutes significantly we already know Klay will be totally useless (or at best redundant) in that reduced role. They're not going to dick him like that either imo.

Moody reminds me of Derrick White, a guy Spurs fans knew could play but was buried behind depth and then immediately flourished when traded away. Moody always seems to play good D and hit momentum swinging shots.

Kuminga is a little more hit and miss but damn if he shouldn't be getting as many minutes as possible too. When he's good he's scary good.

Proctor
01-05-2024, 02:17 AM
It's not amazing, it's expected when you see what a ****ing hypocritical clown Steve is. Moody should have gotten two weeks of basketball starting at the 2 since the team needed shooting and length. Doesn't happen. Could have played with heart at the 3, but that can't happen because Klay has to play.. always.
Honestly Moody is a microwave scorer himself when given minutes and I can easily see him being 75% of what Klay used to be. I would love to see him and Steph starting together.

ILLsmak
01-05-2024, 02:19 AM
bummies don't even put up a vid. Get jstern in here to embed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4za4Rhh1T0

-Smak

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:20 AM
Yeah...I just don't see the easy solution. Klay is still an NBA player although significantly declined and sometimes a bedshitter and if Kerr reduces his minutes significantly we already know Klay will be totally useless (or at best redundant) in that reduced role. They're not going to dick him like that either imo.

Moody reminds me of Derrick White, a guy Spurs fans knew could play but was buried behind depth and then immediately flourished when traded away. Moody always seems to play good D and hit momentum swinging shots.

Kuminga is a little more hit and miss but damn if he shouldn't be getting as many minutes as possible too. When he's good he's scary good.

I like your white analogy. He’s that type of dude. A lesser version but in the same mold. White blew me away during the warriors celtics finals. There wasn’t a dude that made me more mad no joke. Right place right time every time it’s insane.

Kuminga I low key gave up on I admit but I forget how young he is. He still has that x factor. I still stand by I have never seen nba players bounce off a 19 year old kid like they did off Kuminga. He had old man strength when he was a little boy. He reminds me of Deebo Samuel where somehow someway he defies physics and plays 15 to 20 pounds heavier than he really is. With Kuminga he has all the tools. Sky is the limit.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:21 AM
bummies don't even put up a vid. Get jstern in here to embed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4za4Rhh1T0

-Smak

lmaooo

thank you for your service

-wf :cheers:

ILLsmak
01-05-2024, 02:22 AM
It's funny, dude's face... he didn't know it was going in. It did bank in at a weird angle. But he was just like... holy shit!

Usually people have a kind of bend to their body or something as they sense it's possible it's gonna drop.

-Smak

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:22 AM

it’s frustrating but chill. kerr is dealing with a unique situation right now. let’s not be what have you done for me lately type of dudes and don’t recognize all the sensitive circumstances that are in the equation

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:23 AM
It's funny, dude's face... he didn't know it was going in. It did bank in at a weird angle. But he was just like... holy shit!

Usually people have a kind of bend to their body or something as they sense it's possible it's gonna drop.

-Smak

was classic jokic, dude doesn’t give a ****.

he’s different

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:26 AM
as a competitor there is not other guy i wouldnt want to go against than jokic.

he’s a problem, what do you do with him?

do you try to intimidate him? try to talk some trash? good luck. it rolls off his back or if anything fuels him to smoke harder

he’s like the terminator. devoid of all emotion, programmed to killing.

you aren’t going to win by playing any tricks or mind games. gonna have to go at him straight up and hope for the best

he’s a killer

1_BAD_TIGER
01-05-2024, 02:29 AM
Not sure how anyone thought Jokic would miss that last second shot, when he's hit 39 out of 44 field goals in the last 4 games - just a ridiculous 88.6% shooting :oldlol:

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:33 AM
Podziekmski was trying to bleed the clock letting the ball roll up the court but Jokic harassed his ass around close to the Warriors 3pt line right in front their bench, Kerr took issue with it and was saying sth like "this ain't Basketball" etc.

Missed this earlier. Ty. Kerr needs to chill. Even his unwavering presence is showing signs of cracking at the moment.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:33 AM
Not sure how anyone thought Jokic would miss that last second shot, when he's hit 39 out of 44 field goals in the last 4 games - just a ridiculous 86.6% shooting :oldlol:

They talked to him about that after the game and he said “ya know sometimes they go in sometimes they don’t” :lol

He’s a funny dude

1_BAD_TIGER
01-05-2024, 02:44 AM
“ya know sometimes they go in sometimes they don’t”

That's basketball if you break it down to it's most simple form.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:45 AM
“ya know sometimes they go in sometimes they don’t”

That's basketball if you break it down to it's most simple form.

and that’s what jokic does

and that’s why he is the best

keep it simple.

SATAN
01-05-2024, 02:50 AM

From one crack addict to another. How thoughtful.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 02:52 AM

more like from one functional member of society to another

let us know when you make it playboy

Axe
01-05-2024, 03:02 AM
:oldlol:

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 03:30 AM

let us know when you get there

don’t worry, we ain’t holding our breath

BarberSchool
01-05-2024, 03:52 AM

Was it a coincidence that Jokic shot the game winner, from damn near right in front of Kerr ?

… Probably. :pimp:

Axe
01-05-2024, 04:46 AM
let us know when you get there

don’t worry, we ain’t holding our breath
Go puff some more leroy.

Spurs m8
01-05-2024, 05:30 AM

Except I'm literally killing life and further than you'll ever get...hell, I was further than you when I was a shitty 22 year old.

No need for drugs when everything else is flourishing.. you might learn one day, probably not though.

Spurs m8
01-05-2024, 05:32 AM
Amazing. Good things come to those who deserve them. Keep it up brother. We still got along ways to go :lol :cheers:

Exactly.. your time will come, brother

Keep up the grind and the effort, I look forward to your tales down the line

Lebron23
01-05-2024, 05:38 AM
Except I'm literally killing life and further than you'll ever get...hell, I was further than you when I was a shitty 22 year old.

No need for drugs when everything else is flourishing.. you might learn one day, probably not though.

You are also a drug addict that’s the reason you have a small dick.

SATAN
01-05-2024, 06:28 AM
You are also a drug addict that’s the reason you have a small dick.

SATAN
01-05-2024, 06:31 AM
Was it a coincidence that Jokic shot the game winner, from damn near right in front of Kerr ?

… Probably. :pimp:

Also it looked like Curry was deliberately trying to **** with Jokic a few times in this game. Nice plot twist.

warriorfan
01-05-2024, 06:38 AM
Also it looked like Curry was deliberately trying to **** with Jokic a few times in this game. Nice plot twist.

Nice take dude. You should serve it to your psychiatrist during your next session.

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 06:56 AM

knowing what the joker does in the off-season, it's never a good idea to play H-O-R-S-E with him

ArbitraryWater
01-05-2024, 09:19 AM
it went in

that’s all that matters

:cletus:

StrongLurk
01-05-2024, 09:35 AM
I've been saying it since 2021, but Jokic is simply the best player in the league and has a top 10 all time trajectory after winning last year. He's the modern Larry Bird.

sdot_thadon
01-05-2024, 10:08 AM
I've been saying it since 2021, but Jokic is simply the best player in the league and has a top 10 all time trajectory after winning last year. He's the modern Larry Bird.

I'd say he's got a long way to go for that, he's nice though for sure.

1987_Lakers
01-05-2024, 10:22 AM
Warriorfan posting in this thread until 3 am, dude secretly had a meltdown over this game while playing it off like it was no big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDiHiND1OF0

Wally450
01-05-2024, 10:28 AM
Dude is just so efficient when he has to chuck up shots at the buzzer. I remember him hitting two shots at the buzzer right in AD's face in the WCF last season. AD just looked around like "How am I supposed to defend that?"

Also, Jokic is shooting 89% in his last 4 games. He's missed 5 shot TOTAL!

StrongLurk
01-05-2024, 10:40 AM
I'd say he's got a long way to go for that, he's nice though for sure.

I disagree, Jokic legit should've won his third MVP in a row last year (just like Bird did).

If Jokic also adds a second ring/FMVP, then he's legit right there with Bird for peak play. If anything...Jokic's numbers/advanced stats in the regular season, playoffs, and finals are ALL FAR SUPERIOR to Bird at his peak. But I understand this current era is the most offensive friendly ever so I don't want to fully discredit Bird.

hold this L
01-05-2024, 11:01 AM
it’s frustrating but chill. kerr is dealing with a unique situation right now. let’s not be what have you done for me lately type of dudes and don’t recognize all the sensitive circumstances that are in the equation

Kerr has been arguably the worst coach in the league. I don't need to chill, I need to see him not put out retarded rotations. If he plays Kuminga who was the second best player in the team, they would have won last night. They'd still be mediocre with someone else, but clearly better.

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 11:49 AM
Kerr has been arguably the worst coach in the league. I don't need to chill, I need to see him not put out retarded rotations. If he plays Kuminga who was the second best player in the team, they would have won last night. They'd still be mediocre with someone else, but clearly better.

hardly call a guy with 10% TRB, .619 2P FG Ast and .957 3P FG Ast the second best player on the team

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 11:51 AM

with how this is headed, in what world will Draymond not get another tech

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2024, 11:54 AM

are they better when injured? The Jazz are worse as a healthy team. When injuries forced Hardy's hand they got better. Now they are healthy and barely beating Detroit at home because the coach is playing his guys again instead of the guys he should be playing

GimmeThat
01-05-2024, 12:01 PM
are they better when injured? The Jazz are worse as a healthy team. When injuries forced Hardy's hand they got better. Now they are healthy and barely beating Detroit at home because the coach is playing his guys again instead of the guys he should be playing

sounds like terminal illness at its latest stage

tpols
01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Dude is just so efficient when he has to chuck up shots at the buzzer. I remember him hitting two shots at the buzzer right in AD's face in the WCF last season. AD just looked around like "How am I supposed to defend that?"

Also, Jokic is shooting 89% in his last 4 games. He's missed 5 shot TOTAL!

It almost feels like Jokic is a higher level being. These are miracle shots that keep going in. Even this one he banked it in... pure luck... but they always seem to go in. It's like there's magnet on the rim to draw the ball through anytime he shoots. Mother****er could launch a 90 foot one handed football throw and it would go in.

Axe
01-05-2024, 06:52 PM
It almost feels like Jokic is a higher level being. These are miracle shots that keep going in. Even this one he banked it in... pure luck... but they always seem to go in. It's like there's magnet on the rim to draw the ball through anytime he shoots. Mother****er could launch a 90 foot one handed football throw and it would go in.
At this rate, you have to admit that joker is levels above ad.

Xiao Yao You
01-05-2024, 06:54 PM
At this rate, you have to admit that joker is levels above ad.

even as a cumbersome big?

SATAN
01-05-2024, 07:07 PM

Perhaps he sold his soul to the lizards?

BarberSchool
01-05-2024, 10:25 PM
It almost feels like Jokic is a higher level being. These are miracle shots that keep going in. Even this one he banked it in... pure luck... but they always seem to go in. It's like there's magnet on the rim to draw the ball through anytime he shoots. Mother****er could launch a 90 foot one handed football throw and it would go in.People need to stop with this alien nonsense lol, and simply realize that there are substantial differences between TYPES of athletic and physical excellence....and many emerging fields of research are now beginning to quantify previously intangible varieities of advantage.

Many which have no outward visible forms of superiority, like more obvious advantages of muscle mass, length, height, bodyfat %, speed,

... etc. but which can and HAVE BEEN observed by the eye tests of discerning eyes forever.

Often, when lazy/slow/unathletic/undersized players are able to dominate the game, media/parrot-fans often attribute it to their minds/intelligence, and "hard work". And often, one or both of those are true.

But one thing that is not spoken about enough.... is something, that much the same way elite "freak" athleticism is often a gift some are born with..... so is the gift of a truly exceptional, "other-worldly" "superhuman" nervous system.

We know that Jordan's reaction time was the quickest ever tested in major league baseball.

We all know about elite hand-eye-coordination, and super SOFT TOUCH, and IN-SHOT fine-motor digit adjustment. But few know about the communication bridge between the ulnar & radial nerves, and the bandwidth of communication between them, in realtime.

Curry, Luka, Jokic, Halliburton, all have very high bball IQ, but also some of the greatest hand-eye-coordination and very fine touch on both soft floaters, off balance J's that have to be adjusted in air, but also on high velocity passes when off balance passing out of double teams.

While alot of this has to do with bball IQ, realtime pattern recognition and recall of each solution to any given set of readable variables, the ability to execute on said recognition ..... it also factors in their consistency of decision making over large sample sizes, speed and complexity of their mental & physical adaptability ...

,...but also the sheer bandwidth of fine motor adjustment and insanely fine grain touch and accuracy across any and all variables, gifted by almost superhuman nervous systems, with very very high bandwidth of communication both with the digits and brain, but also across that radial nerve to ulnar nerve communication bridge.

It's an emerging field of study, that we learn more and more about each year, that largely has it's roots in various federal programs devoted to veterans prosthetics research (my MENSA homie Danny did some of that research in grad school at tulane), and the ancillary augmentation pipedreams for the real sickos overseeing "supersoldier" research and the like.

Guys like Presti, Buford, Belichick, Kyle Shanahan, and thier staffs, etc love this sort of stuff, as it effectively extrapolates their respective unorthodox eye test gravitation towards talent which doesn't pop via the usual tangibles, but they see what the data is yet to catch up with. But that realm is quickly becoming more commonplace, as elite talent is found outside the prior decades' salivation for traditional tangible quantifications.

Sh!t is a brave new world out there, in both good and bad ways lol

BarberSchool
01-05-2024, 10:39 PM
Long story short, Jokic/Curry/Halliburton/Luka/AaronRodgers/Mahomes/etc have fingers, hands, and nerves and nerve bridges going from their brain to their fingertips that have much higher bandwidth of data transferring at faster speeds and with more computational accuracy, than average humans do, by a longshot.... so do the ping pong world champs, and golf all time greats, etc

We can't glance at them and see the superiority, because it's sub-epidermal. and doesn't bulge from the skin like superior muscle mass or striations do. but it is there, and accounts for some of why, even in strange scenarios like what would normally be a lottery chance heave to beat the clock, for SOME, isn't as low percentage for them as it is for others.

And it largely has to do with rural ancestral natural selection from previous millenia, in harsh, unforgiving climates, where resources were very very sparse, and only the most exceptionally talented "long distance hunters" survived the unforgiving winters thousands of years prior to the much more recent civilizations popping up in said unforgiving regions.

elementally morale
01-05-2024, 10:45 PM
^^ This was very interesting.

tpols
01-05-2024, 11:08 PM
People need to stop with this alien nonsense lol, and simply realize that there are substantial differences between TYPES of athletic and physical excellence....and many emerging fields of research are now beginning to quantify previously intangible varieities of advantage.

Many which have no outward visible forms of superiority, like more obvious advantages of muscle mass, length, height, bodyfat %, speed,

... etc. but which can and HAVE BEEN observed by the eye tests of discerning eyes forever.

Often, when lazy/slow/unathletic/undersized players are able to dominate the game, media/parrot-fans often attribute it to their minds/intelligence, and "hard work". And often, one or both of those are true.

But one thing that is not spoken about enough.... is something, that much the same way elite "freak" athleticism is often a gift some are born with..... so is the gift of a truly exceptional, "other-worldly" "superhuman" nervous system.

We know that Jordan's reaction time was the quickest ever tested in major league baseball.

We all know about elite hand-eye-coordination, and super SOFT TOUCH, and IN-SHOT fine-motor digit adjustment. But few know about the communication bridge between the ulnar & radial nerves, and the bandwidth of communication between them, in realtime.

Curry, Luka, Jokic, Halliburton, all have very high bball IQ, but also some of the greatest hand-eye-coordination and very fine touch on both soft floaters, off balance J's that have to be adjusted in air, but also on high velocity passes when off balance passing out of double teams.

While alot of this has to do with bball IQ, realtime pattern recognition and recall of each solution to any given set of readable variables, the ability to execute on said recognition ..... it also factors in their consistency of decision making over large sample sizes, speed and complexity of their mental & physical adaptability ...

,...but also the sheer bandwidth of fine motor adjustment and insanely fine grain touch and accuracy across any and all variables, gifted by almost superhuman nervous systems, with very very high bandwidth of communication both with the digits and brain, but also across that radial nerve to ulnar nerve communication bridge.

It's an emerging field of study, that we learn more and more about each year, that largely has it's roots in various federal programs devoted to veterans prosthetics research (my MENSA homie Danny did some of that research in grad school at tulane), and the ancillary augmentation pipedreams for the real sickos overseeing "supersoldier" research and the like.

Guys like Presti, Buford, Belichick, Kyle Shanahan, and thier staffs, etc love this sort of stuff, as it effectively extrapolates their respective unorthodox eye test gravitation towards talent which doesn't pop via the usual tangibles, but they see what the data is yet to catch up with. But that realm is quickly becoming more commonplace, as elite talent is found outside the prior decades' salivation for traditional tangible quantifications.

Sh!t is a brave new world out there, in both good and bad ways lol

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Ea_%28Babilonian%29_-_EnKi_%28Sumerian%29.jpg/290px-Ea_%28Babilonian%29_-_EnKi_%28Sumerian%29.jpg

And I don't disagree with you. What you just spoke on the internet deserves a tablet.

Seriously that was some next level knowledge that has me questioning whether you're an annunaki descendant.

BarberSchool
01-05-2024, 11:17 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7d/Ea_%28Babilonian%29_-_EnKi_%28Sumerian%29.jpg/290px-Ea_%28Babilonian%29_-_EnKi_%28Sumerian%29.jpg

And I don't disagree with you. What you just spoke on the internet deserves a tablet.

Seriously that was some next level knowledge that has me questioning whether you're an annunaki descendant.On my euro side, i have two Rhesis negative grandparents (make of that what you will lol), and my older sister was a national merit scholar, who did summer workshops at MIT @ 16/17. I tested for a 151IQ in 5th grade, but since we grew up poor, and i wasnt challenged enough early, I preferred basketball, music production (produced a song on the radio as a teen) and preferred the company of my OG's who helped me earn a rapper/dopeboy lifestyle/closet/whip at 15/16, that my parents couldn't dream of providing.

So while i still keep a toe in that world, cause I love it, and it's fun AF.... as i get older and wanting to settle down, and don't want a 3rd felony, molecular genetics and related shit keep calling lol

I'd be willing to bet that Mahomes, Curry, Halliburton white sides have at least a rhesis negative ancestor or 3.

elementally morale
01-05-2024, 11:21 PM
On my euro side, i have two Rhesis negative grandparents (make of that what you will lol), and my older sister was a national merit scholar, who did summer workshops at MIT @ 16/17. I tested for a 151IQ in 5th grade, but since we grew up poor, and i wasnt challenged enough early, I preferred basketball, music production (produced a song on the radio as a teen) and preferred the company of my OG's who helped me earn a rapper/dopeboy lifestyle/closet/whip at 15/16, that my parents couldn't dream of providing.

So while i still keep a toe in that world, cause I love it, and it's fun AF.... as i get older and wanting to settle down, and don't want a 3rd felony, molecular genetics and related shit keep calling lol

Good for you. When I decided I wasn't good enough to be a professional player, I started with med school but later on I changed course to become a physicist. Working in the energy sector and have been in the last 20 years. I didn't know anything about this ulnar-radial research though.

BarberSchool
01-05-2024, 11:26 PM
Good for you. When I decided I wasn't good enough to be a professional player, I started with med school but later on I changed course to become a physicist. Working in the energy sector and have been in the last 20 years. I didn't know anything about this ulnar-radial research though.My girl is a retina/cornea surgeon (harvard fellow), and her access to pubmed/etc during residency/fellowship allowed me to do all sorts of armchair research on whatever fascinated me.

I actually sort of found those nervous system tidbits by accident on a tangent, when researching regenerative nerve treatments (NGF, Lion's mane, L-Carnitine, frequencies, etc) to help diabetic pops have a better quality of life in his later years, since his alcoholism and criminality (beat up a cop before my 9th birthday and i didn't get a gift that year we were so broke lol)) and bodily abuse (arm-wrestling tournaments and hella bar brawls) left his left hand/feet/etc less sensitive, and impairs his mobility and ability to enjoy sports like he used to. i would love to see him fully enjoy catch/kickboxing coaching/etc type sh!t with my pending kids.

ILLsmak
01-05-2024, 11:33 PM
^^ This was very interesting.

yea I ****in read that shit. haha, pretty closely. Normal skim but took in a lot more than I prol should have. loool.

That and being able to see stuff before it happens, be able to look at everything as possibilities and then effectively choose the right one most of the time, that's a huge advantage.

Brains can be good, too. Moral of the story.

Edit: I always knew Barber is a smart dude. 151 is barely made it. ohohoho.

-Smak

BarberSchool
01-05-2024, 11:43 PM
Back to Jokic and Denver, I think that win, while relatively insignificant recordwise and on paper, will do SO MUCH for Denver team chemistry DEFENSIVELY, FOCUS-wise, and most importantly, in terms of collective HOPE/BELIEF, going into the back half of the season.

Coach Malone and staff can reference this incredible "feel good W" for DEFENSIVE purposes all season. And without even saying it, the shot will linger in the minds of every player on that roster, to continue to instill ultimate trust amongst the roster, all while focusing only on team defense, verbally. it's a huge gift for the entire organization in so many subtle ways, that have nothing to do with that night or the lone W.

Jokic post-game comments focusing almost entirely on team defense, as well as his statement that clipped Kenny's bullsh!z before it even had a chance to get sunlight, about how THE 23/24 NUGGETS are CHASING THE 22/23 NUGGETS TOO (**** them other squads kenny) were the perfect ancillary bonus, to continually reinforce what malone and staff can utilize this for going forward.

It's like when Brady or belichick would compliment their losing opponent, but keep the focus on competing with themselves and their own previous success, rather than on current competitors. it's a masterful way to keep ultimate internal motivation, while subtly intimidating and diminishing competitors both in one's own mind, and in the looming expectations and hope of said comp.

That comeback and "unlikely" heave, probably just bumped Denver's repeat chances more than many would assume, and def way more than their chances bumped on paper. i bet vegas oddsmakers calculated all this in.

elementally morale
01-05-2024, 11:58 PM
Back to Jokic and Denver, I think that win, while relatively insignificant recordwise and on paper, will do SO MUCH for Denver team chemistry DEFENSIVELY, FOCUS-wise, and most importantly, in terms of collective HOPE/BELIEF, going into the back half of the season.

Coach Malone and staff can reference this incredible "feel good W" for DEFENSIVE purposes all season. And without even saying it, the shot will linger in the minds of every player on that roster, to continue to instill ultimate trust amongst the roster, all while focusing only on team defense, verbally. it's a huge gift for the entire organization in so many subtle ways, that have nothing to do with that night or the lone W.

Jokic post-game comments focusing almost entirely on team defense, as well as his statement that clipped Kenny's bullsh!z before it even had a chance to get sunlight, about how THE 23/24 NUGGETS are CHASING THE 22/23 NUGGETS TOO (**** them other squads kenny) were the perfect ancillary bonus, to continually reinforce what malone and staff can utilize this for going forward.

It's like when Brady or belichick would compliment their losing opponent, but keep the focus on competing with themselves and their own previous success, rather than on current competitors. it's a masterful way to keep ultimate internal motivation, while subtly intimidating and diminishing competitors both in one's own mind, and in the looming expectations and hope of said comp.

That comeback and "unlikely" heave, probably just bumped Denver's repeat chances more than many would assume, and def way more than their chances bumped on paper. i bet vegas oddsmakers calculated all this in.

Jokic made 4 great comments in his post-game interview:

1) team defense
2) them chasing themselves
3) sometimes they go in sometimes they don't (referring to his worse games this season)
4) my friend, it went in (whether he'called glass' which he obviously did not)

It's great when they interview you because you just did something great (game-winning shot, 4 misses in 4 games, etc.) and you can somehow make it sound about the tam as a whole. I hope it helps.

BarberSchool
01-06-2024, 12:03 AM
I hope it helps.Oh NO DOUBT it will.

Coach Malone is BOTH types of coach, a great X&O guy, but also the type of dude who can connect with any and everyone, on a deep level, and get them to give exactly what the squad needs and more.

Malone got so many self-replenishing slugs in his mag now from that one night, which he is gonna expend at exactly the right times, when needed, at different times per player in private, and occasionally for the whole squad collectively in a halftime speech much much later.

Book it.

warriorfan
01-06-2024, 12:33 AM
Jokic made 4 great comments in his post-game interview:

1) team defense
2) them chasing themselves
3) sometimes they go in sometimes they don't (referring to his worse games this season)
4) my friend, it went in (whether he'called glass' which he obviously did not)

It's great when they interview you because you just did something great (game-winning shot, 4 misses in 4 games, etc.) and you can somehow make it sound about the tam as a whole. I hope it helps.

The chasing ourselves line was pretty good. The panel approved.

hold this L
01-07-2024, 01:54 AM

So far they are the same, mediocre when injured or fully fit.

Xiao Yao You
01-07-2024, 08:57 AM
So far they are the same, mediocre when injured or fully fit.

They are closer now because Dunn, Sexton and Simone are still starting and that only happened because of injuries. Dunn and Simone weren't playing and Sexton's role was limited. They were playing awful most of the year. The defense is still awful because their best defenders Dunn, Agbaji, Kessler and Hendricks aren't favorites of the coach. He thinks it's all about offense just like COTM his last two years. The difference is they don't have one guy that can make a difference by himself on D like Gobert did

Street Hunger
01-07-2024, 10:14 AM
It's crazy how good joker is