PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure that AI has started churning out articles.

Real Men Wear Green
01-07-2024, 08:05 PM
"Milwaukee Bucks shooting guard Malik Beasley has established himself as one of the most dangerous wide receivers in the NBA this season."

https://share.newsbreak.com/5uet2h44

Seems like (I can't verify this) they just have AI programs churn out editorials and don't even bother to edit them. This kind of nontent has made my Facebook feed unbearable (whatever algorithm they use has decided I love posts by 3ba11 and Dray n Klay more than anything other than PG13 twerking on Reels) and rapidly is destroying the newsfeed my phone just started spitting at me one day as proof that I don't really own it. Fortunately I can still control my TV news sources but I feel like I'm watching the death of information in real time.

The latest example of insanity:

Maybe a week ago Gordon Hayward gave someone an interview where he discussed the dysfunction of the Celtics in his second season in Boston. Said that the two young stars were trying to establish themselves while him and Irving were trying to reestablish themselves and the end result was a mess. Which is generally known. A day or two later Tatum actually agreed with him. Neither player said anything bad about the other individually. But two days ago my newsfeed hit me with an "article" that had no quotes claiming Tatum destroyed Hayward. Also had no author. Very possible that the writer didn't want to take credit but I am thinking that more and more websites are just letting AI create crap for clicks.

We were already pretty stupid but it looks like we're going to get worse.

beasted
01-07-2024, 08:36 PM
We're absolutely going to get stupider since AI is trained on bad data, and gives wrong answers all the time. So when some smooth-brain searches how many championships LeBron has and it tells them 10, they are free to espouse this false fact across social media and have a meltdown debating others because "ChatGPT said so".

Alongside the "intentional deception" that many will commit using AI to create fake pictures, videos, audio recordings, and news re-reporting these things that never actually happened, the misinformation will go rampant. I give it 5 years before any and everything is disputed. We won't even be able to agree that the sky is blue.

ILLsmak
01-07-2024, 09:15 PM
We're absolutely going to get stupider since AI is trained on bad data, and gives wrong answers all the time. So when some smooth-brain searches how many championships LeBron has and it tells them 10, they are free to espouse this false fact across social media and have a meltdown debating others because "ChatGPT said so".

Alongside the "intentional deception" that many will commit using AI to create fake pictures, videos, audio recordings, and news re-reporting these things that never actually happened, the misinformation will go rampant. I give it 5 years before any and everything is disputed. We won't even be able to agree that the sky is blue.

Yeah it's funny when they put a bot answer as the top result in a quora question. It's like aiye.

Who cares. Do your own research. I wish I could turn off all suggested content, but I try to stay away from those type of sites anyway. Crazy it even tries to invade your windows.

Algos were pushing pickleball at me HARD for awhile.

-Smak

Full Court
01-07-2024, 11:28 PM
That doesn't seem like Iverson's style of writing at all.

BarberSchool
01-08-2024, 12:40 AM

1,000%

What a cowardly new world.