PDA

View Full Version : Damian Lillard to miss Bucks-Jazz game for personal reasons

ArbitraryWater
01-08-2024, 01:37 PM
Anything worth taking note off or truly a one time personal ordeal?

His play hasnt felt very "present"

Kblaze8855
01-08-2024, 01:41 PM
I’m content not knowing the reason. Who was the guy a few years ago who missed games for personal reasons and the media was outraged trying to call people in his life and figure it out? I’m not even sure it was the NBA. May have been the NFL. I just remember thinking that was so lame. And they hid behind “I’m doing my job!” thing when there was criticism.

Whatever reason someone takes off work is none of my business. It’s fair to consider it a factor in how valuable they are but I don’t think I ever need to know the reasons. Not that I think you were asking that or that you even disagree.

FultzNationRISE
01-08-2024, 02:48 PM
He hasnt looked happy at all in Milwaukee, even in the publicity/promo stuff after the trade before the season even started.

There may be unrelated stuff going on as well, but it was definitely a risky move by Milwaukee to trade for a guy who explicitly said “I do not want you to trade for me.”

Still, if he can be the guy hes been in the playoffs again this year, theyll be pretty dangerous. But at this point you do have to wonder what his level is going to be.

If it doesnt work out I guess you could always send him on to Miami in the offseason.

BarberSchool
01-08-2024, 03:06 PM
As soon as Adrian Griffin’s insecurity in his undeserved new job spazzed out on Terry Stotz over literally nothing more than wanting another quick minute to go over some in the moment PNR details with Dame & Giannis….. Bucks chances went way way down.

I get it, Adrian knows he doesn’t deserve that position, but Giannis did him a huge favor after wanting/getting Bud fired for telling him the truth after their first round out last year.

As soon as they hired Terry, Bucks looked like the odds on favorites to win another title: but that didn’t last long.

Adrian was probably already getting paranoid Terry would make that painfully obvious, and his insecurity made him try to belittle the superior coach sent there to help him.

You can’t scream your head off in front of players, at a veteran coach, about insubordination and how you’re not gonna tolerate ANYONE challenging your authority, when everyone in the gym (besides Adrian) knew that wasn’t at all what was happening when Terry asked for another minute before the coaches huddle.

Bucks will make the playoffs, but there will come a time in a series, where a creative offensive adjustment in PNR/PNP, between Dame/Giannis, Dame/Lopez, WILL BE REQUIRED TO WIN THE SERIES….

….. and who better than the offensive minded veteran coach who coached Dame for a decade, to diagnose/implement that adjustment ? That is literally the type of thing Terry was brought in for to HELP rookie head coach Adrian.

That type of clutch creative solution Certainly ain’t gonna be made by some “in over his head”/“defense/motivation” type coach, who already shit himself in the foot early, in front of everyone.

Bucks in a bad spot. Vegas knows too, as after Terry said “fu@k this insane insecure maniac, I’m not helping him.” And left, Bucks odds went down down down.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2024, 03:08 PM
He's in the middle of a divorce. I'm not sure that's why he will miss this specific game but divorcing, especially with kids involved, could be a major off court distraction.

ArbitraryWater
01-08-2024, 03:09 PM
Giannis talked mad crap on social media after they got Dame.

So I have to say even though I normally root for him, I dont mind him eating an unsuccessful season here.

Jasper
01-08-2024, 04:42 PM
He is asking for a trade right now.
Stout gone , so he is back on Heat parade.

Milwaukee will get Bam from what my inside source has old me.

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2024, 06:13 PM
He is asking for a trade right now.
Stout gone , so he is back on Heat parade.

Milwaukee will get Bam from what my inside source has old me.

Can that be verified or are you just speculating?

FultzNationRISE
01-08-2024, 06:19 PM

:facepalm

90sgoat
01-08-2024, 06:36 PM
I never liked Dame since I learned he rapped the hippity-hop.

When players are into the hippity-hop, you know they are fake.

90sgoat
01-08-2024, 06:38 PM
Giannis talked mad crap on social media after they got Dame.

So I have to say even though I normally root for him, I dont mind him eating an unsuccessful season here.

If we're being friendly, there's not a lot of proof that any team that aquires an alpha scorer with an alpha scorer can succeed in the first season.

Lebron and Wade, Luka and Kyrie, it takes a season for roles to settle.

Xiao Yao You
01-08-2024, 06:42 PM
I never liked Dame since I learned he rapped the hippity-hop.

When players are into the hippity-hop, you know they are fake.

which ones aren't in to it?

Real Men Wear Green
01-08-2024, 06:44 PM

I was just going to let that slide.

90sgoat
01-08-2024, 06:54 PM

Austin Reaves seems he might be into k-pop.

Xiao Yao You
01-08-2024, 06:56 PM
Austin Reaves seems he might be into k-pop.

and Jimmy Butler and new country. Both just as unlikable

90sgoat
01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
and Jimmy Butler and new country. Both just as unlikable

Both are much more likeable than Dame.

I'd say both are likeable players.

Xiao Yao You
01-08-2024, 06:59 PM
Both are much more likeable than Dame.

I'd say both are likeable players.

the music is just as unlikable

Jasper
01-08-2024, 07:35 PM

feeding a line.

Dame knows the only ring he will ever get will be Giannis and Co.
Not with losers of the heat brigade