PDA

View Full Version : Wemby dunked it 9 times tonight. in 27 minutes and 11-13 on 2pts.

Im Still Ballin
01-15-2024, 08:51 PM
Pretty impressive. He's definitely going to break Shaq's single-game dunk record of 13 at some point. Just too big and mobile. David Robinson had 12 dunks once. Dwight's record is 10; Gobert, Montrezl Harrell, Clint Capela, and DeAndre Jordan also recorded 10 in a game. AD is at 9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMYYPJfXX6M&ab_channel=Cookies%26Kareem

highwhey
01-15-2024, 08:52 PM
we get it dude, you watch all his games

Axe
01-15-2024, 10:43 PM
He was scoreless in the first half. But really, it's becoming interesting to see how he can score over 20 in 20 minutes. Needs to win a lot more tho so people will give him more attention i guess.

TeflonDonTrump
01-15-2024, 10:55 PM
Shaq would have eaten this guy for lunch

Full Court
01-15-2024, 11:30 PM
Glad to see him taking it to the hoop. Dude needs to lay of the three-point attempts.

Im Still Ballin
01-16-2024, 12:06 AM
Glad to see him taking it to the hoop. Dude needs to lay of the three-point attempts.

Imagine him on a team like SSOL Phoenix Suns with Nash. Or Indiana with Haliburton. He'd put up 25+ ppg by attacking the rim in transition, rolls, lobs, cuts, dump-offs, post mismatches, and offensive rebounds. No need to shoot when you're that big and mobile.

Full Court
01-16-2024, 12:09 AM
Imagine him on a team like SSOL Phoenix Suns with Nash. Or Indiana with Haliburton. He'd put up 25+ ppg by attacking the rim in transition, rolls, lobs, cuts, dump-offs, post mismatches, and offensive rebounds. No need to shoot when you're that big and mobile.

Exactly.

90sgoat
01-16-2024, 12:16 AM
He needs to run the floor.

He is unstoppable before the defense is set up. Two steps from half court and a dunk.

WhiteKyrie
01-16-2024, 01:29 AM
We are impressed that a 7’4 guy (seems even taller than that tbh) dunks?

warriorfan
01-16-2024, 01:35 AM
We are impressed that a 7’4 guy (seems even taller than that tbh) dunks?

there’s a lot of 7 foot guys who can’t get 9 dunks in an nba game

WhiteKyrie
01-16-2024, 01:41 AM
there’s a lot of 7 foot guys who can’t get 9 dunks in an nba game

Dunking isn’t a stat column. It’s a more forceful version of a layup

elementally morale
01-16-2024, 11:54 AM
He was scoreless in the first half. But really, it's becoming interesting to see how he can score over 20 in 20 minutes. Needs to win a lot more tho so people will give him more attention i guess.

The Spurs are not in the business of winning games this year. I expect a fully different approach next season. I'm not buying the notion that Pop just got useless, I view it as a tactic. Not simple just tanking but letting them freelance for a reason. They didn't have much of a chance to be a contender anyway, and a season like this one will give Wemby a year to adapt and the coach a chance to better assess his players. If I'm right, they will play a lot more competitive later this season. The organisation may decide that post ASG they know what they have and will actually try winning games. I had the feeling from their games they didn't even try as a team. The players as individuals sure tried but the lineups and the approach did not.