PDA

View Full Version : "The Dude" episode of Seinfeld

Patrick Chewing
01-19-2024, 03:27 PM
I always thought this was one of the funnier episodes of Seinfeld. Jerry encounters this dude who is obviously in a romantic relationship and lives with a girl that Jerry just started dating. And I thought to myself, has this ever happened to anyone on here? You go to pick up a chick for a date, and you realize she has a boyfriend that lives with her?

And what kills me the most about this episode is how likable Lyle is. Like, I would still want to hang out with Lyle despite the awkward and uncomfortable situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5CPoGvsqqo

:lol

Norcaliblunt
01-19-2024, 10:09 PM
Only dude I know is Jeffrey from the Big Lebowski.

Lakers Legend#32
01-20-2024, 03:20 AM
Another Poopsie initiated thread that died quickly.

dunksby
01-20-2024, 05:22 AM
Never watched Seinfeld other than bits and pieces my friend used to make me watch but this premise is pretty funny not gonna lie :lol

Patrick Chewing
01-20-2024, 11:34 AM
Never watched Seinfeld other than bits and pieces my friend used to make me watch but this premise is pretty funny not gonna lie :lol

The latter seasons of Seinfeld is where the writing just went out there in terms of ridiculous concepts and what made the show even funnier in my opinion. Early Seinfeld was pretty safe comedically, but it just got better and better towards the end.

Im Still Ballin
01-20-2024, 05:04 PM
The GOAT sitcom. I can't name my favorite episode because there are simply too many great ones.

The episode where George starts doing the opposite was on TV the other night. What a classic. And the episode where an NYU student writes an article about Jerry and George being gay. Hilarious. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

SouBeachTalents
01-20-2024, 05:25 PM
The GOAT sitcom. I can't name my favorite episode because there are simply too many great ones.

The episode where George starts doing the opposite was on TV the other night. What a classic. And the episode where an NYU student writes an article about Jerry and George being gay. Hilarious. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Just being real, I can't believe it's a debate between this and Friends on which show is better, it's like comparing Filet Mignon to a Whopper. The 3 greatest sitcoms imo are Seinfeld, The Office & Sunny.

Im Still Ballin
01-20-2024, 07:29 PM
Just being real, I can't believe it's a debate between this and Friends on which show is better, it's like comparing Filet Mignon to a Whopper. The 3 greatest sitcoms imo are Seinfeld, The Office & Sunny.

Facts. It's no comparison: Friends was like a commercialized version of Seinfeld geared towards women. Better-looking people and more romance plots/arcs. It took A LOT of ideas/storylines from Seinfeld. Jerry even came out and said as much.

diamenz
01-20-2024, 08:01 PM

that one was hilarious. this segment always comes to mind with that episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7n0ge_FGKs

Im Still Ballin
01-20-2024, 09:29 PM
that one was hilarious. this segment always comes to mind with that episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7n0ge_FGKs

:roll:

"You've out-Nealed him!"

Hey Yo
01-22-2024, 12:20 AM
uh-huh.... typical horseshoe pattern

Baller234
01-24-2024, 09:09 PM
Facts. It's no comparison: Friends was like a commercialized version of Seinfeld geared towards women. Better-looking people and more romance plots/arcs. It took A LOT of ideas/storylines from Seinfeld. Jerry even came out and said as much.

I wouldn't say that Friends is a "commercialized" version of Seinfeld.

I mean yea it kind of is, but in reality it's Seinfeld if Seinfeld were about normal people with hopes and aspirations.

highwhey
01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
we still pretending juice are funny/?

ArbitraryWater
01-24-2024, 11:39 PM
Friends gets a worse rep among "purists" cause they were far more fancy and artificial in their set-up, with the high caliber actors and cameos, shiny sets, romance / cheesyness, but the reality is that they were hilarious none the less.

I can totally see how some might find it funnier than Seinfeld, although the appeal is definitely a bit of a different demographic and more female, which makes sense given the large dating plot lines among the 3 main female characters. Its more gossipy.

HIMYM is a pretty decent show I guess and Friends blows it out of the water in terms of humor and laughs. But Friends does feel more like HIMYM, Parks & Recreations, etc. kinda shows and Seinfeld more with Sunny & Curb.

Arrested Development seems like a mixture of those 2 archetypes, if I can call it that.

Lakers Legend#32
01-29-2024, 04:07 AM
Everyone knows the Dude is the Big Lewboski.

Poopsie way behind the times again.

Jasper
01-29-2024, 11:21 AM
Everyone knows the Dude is the Big Lewboski.

Poopsie way behind the times again.

patsy was lead to girlfriends boy/girl and wants him