PDA

View Full Version : How many Games are these Pansy Warriors going to Postpone?

bdonovan
01-20-2024, 01:15 AM
2 games in a row. How many more? I've never seen this before. Milojević's passing was tragic, but people pass away. That's the only guaranteed thing in our lives. Honor his life and contributions.

WE'RE TOO SAD TO PLAY!

I've dealt with loss. You don't deal with it as a man by sitting around and pouting. You deal with it by understanding we all have a defined time on this Earth. Our days are numbered the Bible says. Remember the good in their lives and honor them with your play.

I highly doubt they would take an extended break if this was a player. If it was the coach, I almost understand (still it should be one game off).

I am being direct in a way that might be insensitive, but the league has gone too far in the other direction. We have to restore some manly virtues to the league. Life is like that. At my last company, one of the VP's died in a skiing accident. We did not shut the business down for one day. You forge on.

It's easy to be a virtue-signaler and cry "A basketball game isn't that important, it can wait!11!1!". That's NOT the point. And frankly men don't get better by shutting everything down and mourning. We get better by gradually accepting the reality - and we need to also divert our mind's attention by doing the things we love. Not sitting around in shock.

For the benefit of sending the right message to people watching (and not the over-emotional, virtue-signaling nonsense) , the show must go on.

Axe
01-20-2024, 01:20 AM
The warriors have been going downhill lately since iggy finally left them to retire last year.

highwhey
01-20-2024, 01:23 AM
warriorfan smokes crack and STILL gets up everyday to post on ISH including using his alts. you never hear him about postponing.

FultzNationRISE
01-20-2024, 01:24 AM
2 games in a row. How many more? I've never seen this before. Milojević's passing was tragic, but people pass away. That's the only guaranteed thing in our lives. Honor his life and contributions.

WE'RE TOO SAD TO PLAY!

I've dealt with loss. You don't deal with it as a man by sitting around and pouting. You deal with it by understanding we all have a defined time on this Earth. Our days are numbered the Bible says. Remember the good in their lives and honor them with your play.

I highly doubt they would take an extended break if this was a player. If it was the coach, I almost understand (still it should be one game off).

I am being direct in a way that might be insensitive, but the league has gone too far in the other direction. We have to restore some manly virtues to the league. Life is like that. At my last company, one of the VP's died in a skiing accident. We did not shut the business down for one day. You forge on.

It's easy to be a virtue-signaler and cry "A basketball game isn't that important, it can wait!11!1!". That's NOT the point. And frankly men don't get better by shutting everything down and mourning. We get better by gradually accepting the reality - and we need to also divert our mind's attention by doing the things we love. Not sitting around in shock.

For the benefit of sending the right message to people watching (and not the over-emotional, virtue-signaling nonsense) , the show must go on.

The issue I'm sure is not solely the fact he passed, but the fact players and coaches witnessed it and are understandably shaken up pretty hard.

They watched their close friend and colleague unexpectedly die young of a heart attack right before their eyes. To say that is a devastating emotional experience would be putting it mildly.

I think it's fair to give them a couple days.

highwhey
01-20-2024, 01:31 AM
The issue I'm sure is not solely the fact he passed, but the fact players and coaches witnessed it and are understandably shaken up pretty hard.

They watched their close friend and colleague unexpectedly die young of a heart attack right before their eyes. To say that is a devastating emotional experience would be putting it mildly.

did not know that, damn. that's gotta be rough to witness.

fsvr54
01-20-2024, 02:30 AM

Most of these hood nikkas have already seen bodies drop. Two games is absurd.

if you're past 18 and haven't seen a man die in front of our eyes I don't know what you've been doing with your life.

meat
01-20-2024, 12:41 PM
I hope everyone you know and love dies. I fully expect you to be on this forum that very day. Because this is important.

ShawkFactory
01-20-2024, 01:14 PM

if you're past 18 and haven't seen a man die in front of our eyes I don't know what you've been doing with your life.

Which ones you talking about?

Patrick Chewing
01-20-2024, 02:57 PM

:lol

Full Court
01-20-2024, 02:59 PM
This is more respectable than Ayton missing a game because his street was icy.

Duffy Pratt
01-20-2024, 03:03 PM
Can always count on ISH for a thoughtful, well-considered discussion on a delicate issue.