PDA

View Full Version : So KP is just turning and shooting over mismatches I guess?

Kblaze8855
01-25-2024, 03:20 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2401260045510333.jpeg

I’ve not watched enough of their games to say. I felt he had several chances to do so last I did. Maybe he does it when I’m not watching.

FultzNationRISE
01-25-2024, 03:56 PM
Pretty much.

Mechanically he’s kind of awkward, he doesnt exactly have “moves” per se but his height advantage on switches is so dramatic he only has to turn and kind of push the shot over the defender, they can rarely make a realistic contest. If they foul he makes them pay by being an excellent free throw shooter.

It’s not the prettiest but it has been very effective.

The scary thing is they tend to win, even against good opponents, when he’s not in the lineup. So the fact theyre as good as they are before even factoring him in has to be a frightening prospect for their potential playoff opponents.

Manny98
01-25-2024, 05:22 PM
He's peaking as a player right now, one of my favorite players in the league :applause:

Charlie Sheen
01-25-2024, 05:34 PM
would be the most knick thing ever if KP turns out to be the final piece to get this group of celtics a title.

Real Men Wear Green
01-25-2024, 05:43 PM
His post ups are highly effective because the Celtics are abusing mismatches. But opponents are aware of what the Celtics are doing and so normally adjust. The adjustments they make create other vulnerabilities that the Celtics can take advantage of. So if you ever see Tatum draining seemingly easy step back jumpers and posting up vs. a smaller defender the reason his man isn't getting better help is that the Celtics will then be able to mismatch Porzingis again and Porzingis vs. someone under 6'10 is normally worse for the defense than whatever Tatum or Brown will do against their mismatch.