PDA

View Full Version : Should the Warriors trade Andrew Wiggins

Street Hunger
01-30-2024, 04:00 PM
The Warriors aren't having a great season.

Andrew Wiggins is having a very disappointing season.

And he’s on the first year of a four-year, $109 million extension.

Should the Warriors try to trade him? And would anyone even want him on that salary?

Xiao Yao You
01-30-2024, 04:27 PM
They are trying. Good luck!

90sgoat
01-30-2024, 04:31 PM
Tim Hardaway Junior for Andrew Wiggins makes sense.

With Wiggins on Mavs, that's one less Luka stopper and gives Mavs some perimeter defense.

I'm not a Wiggins fan, but he's definitely a better fit. If Mavs could get Wiggins and someone like Mo Wagner, Daniel Theis, Kelly Olynik, Kevin Love, then they look good.

tontoz
01-30-2024, 04:53 PM
Wiggins game fell off after he got paid. Not exactly unexpected considering how underwhelming he was in Minny. If they can trade him they should. They can just put Kuminga in his spot.

BarberSchool
01-30-2024, 04:57 PM
Nobody is dumb enough to give anything for 3 years left on that contract.
Andrew clearly was all hype on draft night, with no chance to approach his ceiling.

And he appears to not even care if he makes the best of what he can do.
Son is checked out mentally already.

tontoz
01-30-2024, 05:11 PM
Andrew clearly was all hype on draft night, with no chance to approach his ceiling.

His contract isn't that bad, high 20s and his last year is a player option for $30 million. He was the 2nd best player for a team that won the title so i can see some teams being interested.

BarberSchool
01-30-2024, 05:13 PM
How many Warriors games have you watched this season ?

Also, the coach’s death has fractured the locker room even more between the pro-vaxx Kerr side and Wiggins leading the anti-vaxx enclave.

Golden State is a real mess RN

warriorfan
01-30-2024, 05:22 PM

Before Minnesota offered him his big extension the owner sat down and had a meeting with him where he made Wiggins promise he will continue putting in effort and working to improve.

:roll:

Also, the coach’s death has fractured the locker room even more between the pro-vaxx Kerr side and Wiggins leading the anti-vaxx enclave.

I’ve tuned out pretty hard after that loss to the Nuggets. Been following football more.

tontoz
01-30-2024, 05:25 PM

Yeah i know he's been awful. Word is he came into camp out of shape. Not surprised. He never struck me as a self motivated guy.

If this was a contract year i am sure his production would be a lot better.

Axe
01-30-2024, 05:27 PM
They need iggy back. :ohwell:

warriorfan
01-30-2024, 05:27 PM
Wiggins gave great effort for one year in his career, the title run with Golden State. Outside of that he’s always seemed apathetic and not wanting to compete.

ArbitraryWater
01-30-2024, 05:33 PM
Cant imagine his averages this season are the norm..

warriorfan
01-30-2024, 05:34 PM
Cant imagine his averages this season are the norm..

This is the norm for the new and not improved freshly signed Wiggins with a ring.

hold this L
01-31-2024, 04:00 AM
They should trade Klay before anybody else. Then if they are able to get something of value back, Wiggins next. Unfortunately will happen is that Klay is untouchable and this organization will resign Klay on a bloated contract. Probably extend Kerr as well despite being an awful coach for two straight years.

Axe
01-31-2024, 04:38 AM
They should trade Klay before anybody else. Then if they are able to get something of value back, Wiggins next. Unfortunately will happen is that Klay is untouchable and this organization will resign Klay on a bloated contract. Probably extend Kerr as well despite being an awful coach for two straight years.
Maybe i'm not updated on this so pardon but i thought klay and the FO haven't agreed yet on another contract extension? They even said that he's also included in the trading block iirc.

iamgine
01-31-2024, 08:37 AM
Wiggins is legit the 3rd worst player this season after Scoot and Poole. His contract need to be negative 10M per season before any team should be interested.

Real Men Wear Green
01-31-2024, 09:06 AM
"By low, sell high." This would be the opposite of that approach.

If I was running the Warriors I would accept the fact that the team is not winning a championship and I would ask the owner what he wanted us to do, build a contender and blow up the current team ruthlessly or try to keep the team in the playoffs for as long as possible and honor Steph and Klay above any concern with winning future rings.

If the plan is to rebuild...keep Wiggins for now. Get 20 years of first round picks from the Lakers for Curry and whatever you can get for Thompson and Green. Make Wiggins your tank commander, base the offense on him, keep the ball in his hands and set a million picks to get him as many open looks as possible. You need to drive up his statistics as high as possible to get someone to think he is worth paying 30 mil per year, and then you trade him when you fix his value.

If on the other hand you are going to drive this old car into the ground? Trade Wiggins for whoever you can get that is a competent player that is fully into the game. Something happened in Wiggins personal life last year when he was missing those games. He isn't over it and who knows when and if he will be. But you aren't really trying to rebuild, you are now just trying to get 45 wins so switching him out for a band-aid fix is fine.

Xiao Yao You
01-31-2024, 09:08 AM
Wiggins is legit the 3rd worst player this season after Scoot and Poole. His contract need to be negative 10M per season before any team should be interested.

The Bum

Jasper
01-31-2024, 10:54 AM
Wars aged right in front of fans pipe dreaming of Curry winning a chip on a 40' shot.

AS I stated before Klay needs to be sold , and a couple other players for a legit CENTER.

Curry should be traded to a contender , but he loves where he is , so chips may not be as important to him anymore.

tontoz
01-31-2024, 11:10 AM
Wars aged right in front of fans pipe dreaming of Curry winning a chip on a 40' shot.

AS I stated before Klay needs to be sold , and a couple other players for a legit CENTER.

Curry should be traded to a contender , but he loves where he is , so chips may not be as important to him anymore.

They actually did win a chip less than two years ago. If they had followed your advice they would have one less ring.