PDA

View Full Version : LeBron potentially getting traded

RRR3
02-01-2024, 08:40 PM
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1753205634000945377

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 08:44 PM
That's a hard guy to move. What is the fair compensation coming from Cleveland that would leave Cleveland as a good enough team to win a championship? You don't just have to replace his value, you have to consider his marketability.

FultzNationRISE
02-01-2024, 08:46 PM
For Bobby Portis, LETS GO!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2024, 08:47 PM
That's a hard guy to move. What is the fair compensation coming from Cleveland that would leave Cleveland as a good enough team to win a championship? You don't just have to replace his value, you have to consider his marketability.

Lakers marketability are fine with or without Lebron

RRR3
02-01-2024, 08:47 PM
Garland+more.

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2024, 08:48 PM
can't quit me!

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 09:16 PM
Lakers marketability are fine with or without Lebron
Just because they have money doesn't mean they don't want more. That's a business and Jerry Buss had a lot of heirs.

90sgoat
02-01-2024, 09:20 PM
No one's saying Cleveland, that's an older tweet to show this guy has been remarkably correct before, so maybe not pure speculation.

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2024, 09:48 PM
Just because they have money doesn't mean they don't want more. That's a business and Jerry Buss had a lot of heirs.

They aren't going anywhere. Makes sense to look ahead

90sgoat
02-01-2024, 09:50 PM
If traded, I like the idea of Heat. Maybe send Herro and some fillers.

Lakers should focus on developing their young talent and preparing for Luka in 2027.

Reaves and Rui are both coming up on extensions before that, so by preparing those guys, they might trade them to Mavs 1 year before if Luka asks out.

Heat definitely could use Lebron and his ref help.

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 09:54 PM
They aren't going anywhere. Makes sense to look ahead
It's weird how someone can fail to understand that money is important to a business.

ArbitraryWater
02-01-2024, 09:56 PM
Thatd be crazy

I wonder where to

Maybe Philly in the end after all haha

LAL
02-01-2024, 09:59 PM
It's weird how someone can fail to understand that money is important to a business.

Can you stop doing this? Real Laker fans don't respect him or his game, he needs to go.

CurryOverLebron
02-01-2024, 10:02 PM
https://twitter.com/WheelerJaylen/status/1752812247221518560

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2024, 10:03 PM

Winning is probably even more important to the Lakers

bladefd
02-01-2024, 10:05 PM
If that happens, it means LeBron has informed Pelinka he is opting out in the summer and will be playing his final season next year with Bronny.

Lakers can get something now rather than lose Lebron for nothing in the summer. I think D'lo is also going to be traded for the same reason - Lakers don't want to lose him for nothing when he opts out in the summer. I'm convinced that Murray trade will go down next week. Lakers could potentially rebuild between now and the summer. I don't think Ham is going to last past the summer either.

You can potentially go into the offseason with AD, Murray, Reaves, Rui, and Vanderbilt to build around. And hire a new coach around that core.

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 10:08 PM
Winning is probably even more important to the Lakers

Winning is more important to Laker fans. The fans don't own the team. The Buss siblings and their kids own the team. The minutes you trade James your team loses value. Your commercial time losses value. The ad space in your arena loses value. And when you trade James are you making your team a contender or are you rebuilding for 5 years?

RRR3
02-01-2024, 10:09 PM
If that happens, it means LeBron has informed Pelinka he is opting out in the summer and will be playing his final season next year with Bronny.

Lakers can get something now rather than lose Lebron for nothing in the summer. I think D'lo is also going to be traded for the same reason - Lakers don't want to lose him for nothing when he opts out in the summer. I'm convinced that Murray trade will go down next week. Lakers could potentially rebuild between now and the summer. I don't think Ham is going to last past the summer either.

You can potentially go into the offseason with AD, Murray, Reaves, Rui, and Vanderbilt to build around. And hire a new coach around that core.
You're not keeping AD if LeBron is traded lol

FultzNationRISE
02-01-2024, 10:10 PM

Thats… not good.

If they trade Lebron they should trade Davis too. He is not a franchise 1A. If he’s not playing for a ready made contender he will just go thru the motions to get his check.

Building a new team around him would be a huge mistake.

bladefd
02-01-2024, 10:12 PM
Winning is more important to Laker fans. The fans don't own the team. The Buss siblings and their kids own the team. The minutes you trade James your team loses value. Your commercial time losses value. The ad space in your arena loses value. And when you trade James are you making your team a contender or are you rebuilding for 5 years?

It could be a quick rebuild. You can do two separate trades right now. One centered around Lebron and other around D'lo/JHS/FRP. Could get 2 good starters off the bat then rebuild bench in the summer with new coach.

LAL
02-01-2024, 10:12 PM

Who's Murray?

I think you could get Tracy Murray but he's retired and out of shape, got to add a solid bench player at least for lebron.

bladefd
02-01-2024, 10:13 PM
Who's Murray?

I think you could get Tracy Murray but he's retired and out of shape, got to add a solid bench player at least for lebron.

Dejounte Murray

RRR3
02-01-2024, 10:15 PM
Dejounte Murray
He doesn't follow NBA he doesn't know who that is.

LAL
02-01-2024, 10:15 PM
You're not keeping AD if LeBron is traded lol

You really believe he likes lebron or playing with him?? Of course he's staying, he'd be happier.

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 10:17 PM
It could be a quick rebuild. You can do two separate trades right now. One centered around Lebron and other around D'lo/JHS/FRP. Could get 2 good starters off the bat then rebuild bench in the summer with new coach.
AD and a few good starters is the kind of team AD left behind in NO.

LAL
02-01-2024, 10:18 PM
Dejounte Murray

I forgot, thought you meant Jamal (wtf). Yeah Dejounte would be perfect replacement for the lazy old man but doubt he wants to go to Atlanta.

LAL
02-01-2024, 10:23 PM

Players love LA for the city and marketability unlike NO.

RRR3
02-01-2024, 10:24 PM
Blade is a good guy but can't say I wouldn't enjoy seeing a lot of Lakers fans fume about seeing them become Pistons West :lol

90sgoat
02-01-2024, 10:27 PM
Thats… not good.

If they trade Lebron they should trade Davis too. He is not a franchise 1A. If he’s not playing for a ready made contender he will just go thru the motions to get his check.

Building a new team around him would be a huge mistake.

I wouldn't be surprised if they could do better without Lebron this season.

Rui and Reaves unleashed.

Long term, probably not.

Maybe he wants to wait around for Luka though. Could happen next year already if Luka forces his way out because Mavs **** up again in free agency.

bladefd
02-01-2024, 10:27 PM
I forgot, thought you meant Jamal (wtf). Yeah Dejounte would be perfect replacement for the lazy old man but doubt he wants to go to Atlanta.

No, Lebron wouldn't go to Atlanta. Re-read my post.

Full Court
02-01-2024, 10:31 PM
Not sure there will be many teams willing to take a 39-year old who's way overpaid. Maybe the Pistons.

bladefd
02-01-2024, 10:34 PM

You can package those good players for a star in the summer. Ultimately, it's all about how many assets you have. Worst case scenario would be both LeBron and D'lo opting out in the summer, and you lose them for absolutely nothing in return. You get what you can for them right now, and trade for a star in the summer.

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 10:40 PM
You can package those good players for a star in the summer. Ultimately, it's all about how many assets you have. Worst case scenario would be both LeBron and D'lo opting out in the summer, and you lose them for absolutely nothing in return. You get what you can for them right now, and trade for a star in the summer.

You are talking about trading a few unknown players for an unknown star.

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2024, 10:50 PM

His time is limited. Why not get something for him? Rebuilding or being mediocre? They certainly aren't going anywhere currently

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 10:56 PM
His time is limited. Why not get something for him? Rebuilding or being mediocre? They certainly aren't going anywhere currently

You refuse to understand that a business cares about money. I'm done.

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2024, 10:57 PM
You refuse to understand that a business cares about money. I'm done.

I understand it. Also understand why you would trade him

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 10:59 PM
I understand it. Also understand why you would trade him

If you understand that they care about money then you know why they don't want to trade him. He only gets dealt if he decides he wants out.

Xiao Yao You
02-01-2024, 11:04 PM
If you understand that they care about money then you know why they don't want to trade him. He only gets dealt if he decides he wants out.

They care about money and winning. He isn't playing forever. Doesn't play much now as it is

Real Men Wear Green
02-01-2024, 11:07 PM
They care about money and winning. He isn't playing forever. Doesn't play much now as it is

You may continue to argue with reality without me.

Full Court
02-01-2024, 11:10 PM
You guys are kind of having a silly argument. In professional sports, winning = money. Sure, they ultimately care about money, but winning is the means to that end.

Duffy Pratt
02-01-2024, 11:13 PM
It’s LeBron. If he’s unhappy (and he’s almost always unhappy), he will exercise his players option and go to the most stacked team.

bison
For Bobby Portis, LETS GO!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Throw in brook Lopez and Malik Beasley and you got yourself a deal

Full Court
Throw in brook Lopez and Malik Beasley and you got yourself a deal

Why would they do that? Are the Bucks tanking next year?

coin24
02-02-2024, 12:02 AM
Please let this be true. Get this small Di.ck beta off the lakers

Hopefully get a few picks and a few serviceable scrubs. Then trade ADs worthless soft ass

SATAN
02-02-2024, 12:05 AM
Probably bs but, I was thinking Bronny needs another season to see where he's at. Maybe LeBron is finally getting ready for retirement. The haters won't know what to do with themselves. :lol

kawhileonard2
02-02-2024, 12:29 AM
Send him to San Antonio or Detroit.

BarberSchool
02-02-2024, 12:44 AM
No, Lebron wouldn't go to Atlanta. Re-read my post.

LeBeon will go wherever will let him play with his son.

Leaveland would be the most obvious choice, to try to repair his own image while also doing the thing.

Leaveland can make a ton of money marketing it, selling all kinds of merch, and documentaries and sh!t.

Leaveland can also get attention from all sorts of philanthropist groups and quasi-religious/social-activist groups promoting the nuclear family in black America. Since LeBron failed miserably in his previous attempts at political and social activism, maybe on his way out, he can at least do something truly by example for the institution of the nuclear family in black America.

tpols
02-02-2024, 01:02 AM
LeBeon will go wherever will let him play with his son.

Leaveland would be the most obvious choice, to try to repair his own image while also doing the thing.

Leaveland can make a ton of money marketing it, selling all kinds of merch, and documentaries and sh!t.

Leaveland can also get attention from all sorts of philanthropist groups and quasi-religious/social-activist groups promoting the nuclear family in black America. Since LeBron failed miserably in his previous attempts at political and social activism, maybe on his way out, he can at least do something truly by example for the institution of the nuclear family in black America.

Hey why don't you take it easy for a little bit Joey? The giones on this ****ing guy coming at LeLion like this? :lol I oughta smack you true the screen.

dankok8
02-02-2024, 01:29 AM
I'll believe it when it happens. This Lebron trade rumour is bullshit...

ImKobe
02-02-2024, 01:39 AM
I wish it was true lol. I seriously doubt it tho.

Full Court
02-02-2024, 07:23 AM
I wish it was true lol. I seriously doubt it tho.

I don't doubt it. Pelinka knows he screwed up majorly with the Bronie experiment. At some point you've got to quit doubling down and cut your losses.

Im Still Ballin
02-02-2024, 08:31 AM
LeBron to Cleveland for Darius Garland, filler, and 2 FRPs.
AD to OKC for Giddey, Bertans, Micic, and like 4 FRPs.

hold this L
02-02-2024, 12:06 PM
LeBron to Cleveland for Darius Garland, filler, and 2 FRPs.
AD to OKC for Giddey, Bertans, Micic, and like 4 FRPs.
AD to OKC would make them favorites.

StrongLurk
02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
That would never happen

Hey Yo
02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
I'll believe it when it happens. This Lebron trade rumour is bullshit...

Rich Paul says LeBron doesn't want out of LA.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39443972/lebron-james-ask-traded-lakers-agent-says

Xiao Yao You
02-02-2024, 12:41 PM
guess it is about the benjamins

Full Court
02-02-2024, 03:10 PM
Rich Paul says LeBron doesn't want out of LA.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39443972/lebron-james-ask-traded-lakers-agent-says

When you're a net negative, you may not have any say in the matter.

That'll be hilarious if the Lakers trade his sorry butt. :lol

Im Still Ballin
02-02-2024, 03:17 PM
AD to OKC would make them favorites.

Chet and AD would be a perfect match.

BarberSchool
02-02-2024, 04:05 PM
Hey why don't you take it easy for a little bit Joey? The giones on this ****ing guy coming at LeLion like this? :lol I oughta smack you true the screen.

I sparred with Matt Mitrione before at Duke Roufus. I’m 6’5” and 225, with a 6’8 wingspan. Doubtful anyone on the board could land a meaningful punch even if I wasn’t trying to land on them lol

tpols
02-02-2024, 04:11 PM
I sparred with Matt Mitrione before at Duke Roufus. I’m 6’5” and 225, with a 6’8 wingspan. Doubtful anyone on the board could land a meaningful punch even if I wasn’t trying to land on them lol

:lol it was a joke my friend a little sarcasm. I'm 6'4 215 with no boxing experience but my troll game is super on point so watch your step fella.

BarberSchool
02-02-2024, 04:19 PM
:lol it was a joke my friend a little sarcasm. I'm 6'4 215 with no boxing experience but my troll game is super on point so watch your step fella.I will do no such thing lmmfao :cheers:

Hope they trade this MF to the hornets.

Iverson3
02-02-2024, 04:21 PM
A tale of two tall tales.

Full Court
02-02-2024, 05:46 PM
I will do no such thing lmmfao :cheers:

Hope they trade this MF to the hornets.

I'd love to see them send his sorry butt to Detroit. :roll:

Duffy Pratt
02-02-2024, 06:41 PM
First off, he ain't getting traded because it would destroy the narrative that everyone wants him and he's irreplaceable. If he leaves, it will be because he exercises his option.

If he were traded, the reasons another team would take him is to immediately win a championship, or because it wants to acquire an expiring contract. I think the first is not a legit possibility. I don't know how the second scenario would work in a permissible trade. But if he got sent to a true dog, he will simply opt out and go someplace like NY or Boston (big market team where he thinks he can win a championship right away).

Full Court
02-02-2024, 08:18 PM
First off, he ain't getting traded because it would destroy the narrative that everyone wants him and he's irreplaceable. If he leaves, it will be because he exercises his option.

If he were traded, the reasons another team would take him is to immediately win a championship, or because it wants to acquire an expiring contract. I think the first is not a legit possibility. I don't know how the second scenario would work in a permissible trade. But if he got sent to a true dog, he will simply opt out and go someplace like NY or Boston (big market team where he thinks he can win a championship right away).

:roll:

Surely you joke, right?

Jasper
02-02-2024, 08:23 PM

Hornets would give up a 2nd rounder