PDA

View Full Version : Young players who are tatted from head to toe - red flag?

90sgoat
02-04-2024, 05:42 PM
Is there a single elite player that was tatted from head to toe from a young age?

On the other hand, we have tons of chuckers and problem players that are tatted.

For one, tats are expensive, so if a rookie is very tatted, you know someone has been paying these high school athletes that money, meaning, they are likely to have a bad posse.

FKAri
02-04-2024, 05:48 PM
Only if they're black. If they're white then I'm sure they have a good reason for it.

90sgoat
02-04-2024, 05:52 PM
Only if they're black. If they're white then I'm sure they have a good reason for it.

I can only recall Birdman among whites being tatted in that mexican gangster style.

tpols
02-04-2024, 05:58 PM
I do find it interesting how prior stars like Jordan, Kareem, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Russell etc. all had 0 tattoos and the 2000 and beyond generation have a million.

Real Men Wear Green
02-04-2024, 05:59 PM
Was JJ Redick a chucking problem player?

FKAri
02-04-2024, 05:59 PM
I can only recall Birdman among whites being tatted in that mexican gangster style.

Birdman was simply using his body as a canvas for his own artistic expression. Nothing like those black thugs who are incapable of any form of artistic expression and confuse it with that jungle music and talk-singing.

Xiao Yao You
02-04-2024, 06:04 PM
I do find it interesting how prior stars like Jordan, Kareem, Hakeem, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Russell etc. all had 0 tattoos and the 2000 and beyond generation have a million.

most people didn't have tattoos back then other than sailors. Wasn't until the 90's that they became hip

90sgoat
02-04-2024, 07:09 PM
Was JJ Redick a chucking problem player?

Redick didn't come into the league tatted.

I'm talking about the very young players that are already tatted as rookies.

90sgoat
02-04-2024, 07:09 PM
Birdman was simply using his body as a canvas for his own artistic expression. Nothing like those black thugs who are incapable of any form of artistic expression and confuse it with that jungle music and talk-singing.

Birdman and Herro and the like are self hating whites.

Xiao Yao You
02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Redick didn't come into the league tatted.

I'm talking about the very young players that are already tatted as rookies.

a lot of rookies have already made a lot of money from playing professional or through NIL

90sgoat
02-04-2024, 07:21 PM
a lot of rookies have already made a lot of money from playing professional or through NIL

Nah, they get paid under the table in the AAU and probably come into the NBA owing a bunch of money to shady characters.

No one has really answered my question though, is there an example of a swag rookie, tatted and *locked, that turned out to be a star? I don't see it.

SATAN
02-04-2024, 07:23 PM
3ball???

https://images.upbeatnews.com/posts/4620/jordan-1.jpg

ShawkFactory
02-04-2024, 07:28 PM

I think it’s just like anything else that becomes popular at any given time. Probably more than half of the people born after 1990 have a tattoo. Probably 2/3rds of women. Maybe more.

90sgoat
02-04-2024, 07:44 PM
I think it’s just like anything else that becomes popular at any given time. Probably more than half of the people born after 1990 have a tattoo. Probably 2/3rds of women. Maybe more.

There's a difference between having a tatoo, which everyone has, I have an ugly one from a drunken stupor in Bangkok, which I intend to have removed, and then being tatted like a venezuelan glue sniffing gangster like Jalen Green is beginning to look like.

Does Wemby have tattoos all over? No. Does Chet? No.

Tats are a substitute for real personality or in this case, real skill. It shows that the person is not really about the ball life, but about a different kind of life.