PDA

View Full Version : Where do Philly go from here

Manny98
02-05-2024, 12:59 PM
With Embiid likely out for the rest of the year it's looking like another year of disappointment for the 76ers

Should they just blow it up and start it over at this point :confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
02-05-2024, 01:15 PM
Not yet with all the Cap space they can create. If the Clippers go out sad I wouldn’t be surprised if they sign Paul George. Won’t be earth shattering but it justifies a look to see if they can get lucky with somebody else getting hurt next year.

Real Men Wear Green
02-05-2024, 01:22 PM
Having seen so many careers damaged or destroyed by knee injuries I hope for Embiid's sake that they are as cautious as possible. Robert Williams could have been an elite player based on just his defensive impact. Unfortunately 2 years ago he tried the fast route back from this surgery and it lead to him being a part time player last season and is likely related to his season-ending injury this season. Embiid is even bigger and heavier with his own history of missed games and seasons, and if they rush him back I think you see him sacrifice much of his future for the sake of barely participating in the playoffs and going out in the first two rounds.

I would not blow Philly up because they will have max cap space. So allow themselves to not do much this year, add the best free agent available this summer to Embiid and Maxey and have a real shot at the Finals next season.

Xiao Yao You
02-05-2024, 04:32 PM
With Embiid likely out for the rest of the year it's looking like another year of disappointment for the 76ers

Should they just blow it up and start it over at this point :confusedshrug:

Run It Back: “I’m told that the hope is that [Joel] Embiid misses one to two months…If a full repair is needed in surgery, that’s going to be a significantly longer recovery time period.” (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1754523083728462204) — @ShamsCharania updates on Joel Embiid’s injury.
– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1754523083728462204)

Manny and facts don't go well together

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2024, 05:10 PM
Meniscus surgery is like a six week thing. A lot of times you dont even really need the surgery, doctors just recommend it because they make bank performing it.

Embiid should be back in plenty of time to lose in the second round.

meat
02-05-2024, 05:41 PM
big wiggle rampage alert!

elementally morale
02-05-2024, 05:52 PM
I really wanted to see a 76ers-Nuggets Finals. :(

As for the question I have no idea. There comes a point when the team needs to take another direction but I think Philly is not there yet. So I don't expect much change for now.

fourkicks44
02-05-2024, 06:30 PM
Meniscus surgery is like a six week thing. A lot of times you dont even really need the surgery, doctors just recommend it because they make bank performing it.

Jimmy tore his meniscus later in February in 2018 when he was with Minnesota, had surgery and was back by the playoffs. He didn't look comfortable in the playoffs, but was still good.

Embiid has had past surgery on this knee so it could be more complex. I wouldn't be disappointed if they shut him down for the season and re-up over the Summer to go for it next year.

Real Men Wear Green
02-05-2024, 06:33 PM
Manny and facts don't go well together

To be fair it's unknown how bad it will be and unfortunately pessimism is warranted.

https://www.espn.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/9760169/dwyane-wade-miami-heat-regrets-having-meniscus-removed-college

A more famous example than the one that I mentioned before. And Embiid has a bad injury history. He should think of the good of his career and health after his career, not just a longshot championship this season. Let's say he had the best case six week comeback. He was already doing more load management than anyone. With this on top of everything he would be limping through what, 20 minutes of action per game, missing at least half the games after his return? I don't know that for a fact of course just pointing out that however he comes back it's going to be rough and jeopardize his long-term prospects. He could find himself injured again after rushing back, misses another season, and then when he asks Philly for 350 million, what do you think they will say? His loyalty may earn him a play-by-play job after his retirement but it will also earn him that retirement. He needs to look out for himself.

Axe
02-05-2024, 06:35 PM
They're a cursed franchise. But folks shouldn't worry, since they'll still make the playoffs anyway.

Manny98
02-05-2024, 06:37 PM

He'll be out at least 2 months and if they bring him back early he won't be close to 100% and is a risk of doing further damage

Best for his long term health to sit him out for the rest of the year, best not to rush with these type of injuries

FultzNationRISE
02-05-2024, 07:06 PM
He'll be out at least 2 months and if they bring him back early he won't be close to 100% and is a risk of doing further damage

Best for his long term health to sit him out for the rest of the year, best not to rush with these type of injuries

Well, it's his life. Whatever he wants to do. I dont care.

Xiao Yao You
02-05-2024, 07:34 PM

reading comprehension and Manny also don't do well together

Run It Back: “I’m told that the hope is that [Joel] Embiid misses one to two months…If a full repair is needed in surgery, that’s going to be a significantly longer recovery time period.” (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1754523083728462204) — @ShamsCharania updates on Joel Embiid’s injury.
– via Twitter (http://twitter.com/RunItBackFDTV/status/1754523083728462204)

Mask the Embiid
02-05-2024, 09:15 PM
Things could always be worse. We could be building a team around someone like a mikal bridges or something. When you think about it like that. Things really ain’t that bad (prayer hands emoji) (one bead of sweat falling with eyes closed emoji)

Hey Yo
02-06-2024, 11:39 AM
Had the procedure this morning and will be re-evaluated 4wks.

Still hoping to return this season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39470380/76ers-joel-embiid-least-4-weeks-knee-procedure

Manny98
02-06-2024, 12:55 PM
Things could always be worse. We could be building a team around someone like a mikal bridges or something. When you think about it like that. Things really ain’t that bad (prayer hands emoji) (one bead of sweat falling with eyes closed emoji)

Seething

Another year of disappointment for sports in Philadelphia

coin24
02-06-2024, 07:31 PM
They were second round at best, likely a first round exit anyway..

There’s not much to blow up, apart from embeta what’s even left from the process era?

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2024, 09:54 PM
John Clark: “I’m told it’s likely going to be anywhere between 6 to 8 weeks” (http://twitter.com/JClarkNBCS/status/1754995456134770793) -Senior NBA insider for Athletic & Stadium @ShamsCharania details when Joel Embiid will hopefully be back after having surgery today 🎧Podcast on Joel‘s recovery, Sixers trade deadline ⬇️ https://art19.com/shows/takeoff-with-john-clark/episodes/0e8c5243-0bc0-4ba0-95d7-659ddbc9d7a6

Proctor
02-06-2024, 11:42 PM
Nobody thought they were going anywhere :roll:

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2024, 11:45 PM
nobody?

Proctor
02-06-2024, 11:47 PM
nobody?
Nobody with a brain...is that better?

Aren't you the "gotta be on the floor to be worth a damn" guy? You should agree then

Xiao Yao You
02-06-2024, 11:49 PM
Nobody with a brain...is that better?

Aren't you the "gotta be on the floor to be worth a damn" guy? You should agree then

I certainly don't expect anything from them but there are Philly fans here

John8204
02-06-2024, 11:51 PM
nobody?

Knicks have all those draft picks and they are just a star away

Xiao Yao You
02-07-2024, 12:06 AM
Knicks have all those draft picks and they are just a star away

is that all?