PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Mahomes is the GOAT of GOATs

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Deniers cry harder

imdaman99
02-12-2024, 12:15 AM
He's well on his way to it. Dude never panics.

Wally450
02-12-2024, 11:16 AM
4 less Super Bowls and 2 less SB MVPs than the guy in front of him.

But GOAT though lol.

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2024, 11:38 AM

But GOAT though lol.

The absolute state of analysis in society today

According to muppets like you, a simple google search on rings would make any person equipped on deciding who is better at football.

lmao. Shits embarrassing.

BurningHammer
02-12-2024, 12:08 PM
Mahomes does have potential to be at the top of GOATs from the current projection.

rawimpact
02-12-2024, 12:45 PM
He seemed like he was having a bad game, just didn't look interested.

But I think that's just his demeaner. There was a snippet of him pumping up a defensive player and that's when I knew... dude was about to take over next chance he got.

We've all been fortunate to watch Brady and Pat play and we have to admit, it's refreshing to not see Pat cry to the refs like Tom often did.

tpols
02-12-2024, 01:03 PM

But GOAT though lol.

I mean... he's way younger than Brady with those accolades. And eye test he's definitely better.

aj1987
02-12-2024, 02:14 PM

According to muppets like you, a simple google search on rings would make any person equipped on deciding who is better at football.

:roll: :roll:

Your entire football knowledge is based on Google searches and looking up random stats.

Pot..kettle..

ArbitraryWater
02-12-2024, 02:48 PM
:roll: :roll:

Your entire football knowledge is based on Google searches and looking up random stats.

Pot..kettle..

Do us all a favor and return to the hole you came from k thx

Wally450
02-12-2024, 03:56 PM
I mean... he's way younger than Brady with those accolades. And eye test he's definitely better.

At his current age compared to Brady at the same age? Yes. But it's preposterous to call him the GOAT currently.

SATAN
02-12-2024, 08:39 PM

While the game was being played I seen you get called out for not even knowing the rules....

SoyTits
02-12-2024, 10:07 PM
While the game was being played I seen you get called out for not even knowing the rules....

Yup, he had no idea how overtime worked, and he thinks holding shouldn't be called in superbowls.

Nanners
02-13-2024, 06:01 AM
Tom Brady set the bar about as high as it could possibly go... but Mahomes is definitely on pace to challenge Brady statistically, and in terms of arm talent, overall physical ability, and decision making, Mahomes is probably already the GOAT.

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2024, 09:53 AM

Yeah there are plenty of rules I dont know about (I only watch post-season really), which also has nothing to do with understanding and evaluating play. Of course simpleton minds would not understand this either, ironically.

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2024, 09:54 AM
At his current age compared to Brady at the same age? Yes. But it's preposterous to call him the GOAT currently.

No its not.

It wasnt preposterous to call MJ the GOAT in 93 either.

:facepalm

SouBeachTalents
02-13-2024, 10:48 AM
No its not.

Yep, when you know, you know, and they were saying it about Jordan when he had a resume similar to what Mahomes does now.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4JwAAOSwjKdd1vIs/s-l1200.webp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfyfy-NyIp0

Wardell Curry
02-13-2024, 10:58 AM
Tiger Woods is the GOAT of GOATs. Mahomes is no where close.

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2024, 11:06 AM
Yep, when you know, you know, and they were saying it about Jordan when he had a resume similar to what Mahomes does now.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/4JwAAOSwjKdd1vIs/s-l1200.webp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfyfy-NyIp0

Yeah, its preposterous how many idiots there are.

Tiger Woods is the GOAT of GOATs. Mahomes is no where close.

Mahomes career couldnt be more perfect, its literally not possible for him not to be close to anyone else, lol.

Wardell Curry
02-13-2024, 11:35 AM
While quarterbacks undoubtedly have more impact on a football team than anyone else, it always amazes me that people attribute the entire W or L to one single person.

The Chiefs had an amazing defense. That will not always be the case.

Aside from their overall defense, the Chiefs blocked an extra point attempt by the 49ers. That literally might have been the difference between a W and an L.

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2024, 11:52 AM
While quarterbacks undoubtedly have more impact on a football team than anyone else, it always amazes me that people attribute the entire W or L to one single person.

The Chiefs had an amazing defense. That will not always be the case.

Aside from their overall defense, the Chiefs blocked an extra point attempt by the 49ers. That literally might have been the difference between a W and an L.

Okay?

And still Mahomes is doing as much and playing as flawlessly as a quarterback could do, so clearly youre either making it impossible for a quarterback to be mentioned among GOATs (which makes no sense) or you dont understand how good Mahomes has been.

What else should a quarterback exactly be doing if what Mahomes is doing is "no where close" to GOATness?

Make it make sense, please.

Wardell Curry
02-13-2024, 11:57 AM
He's no where close to Tiger Woods. Sustained excellence is the only argument for GOAT of GOATs.

His career isn't long enough.

TheMan
02-13-2024, 01:54 PM
No its not.

MJ was being called GOAT after his threepeat by a growing number of NBA experts and fans at that point in time. It was after his second threepeat that he became consensus GOAT. What you're not getting is that most of those who still don't consider Mahomes GOAT aren't saying he will never be that, they are willingly saying that he's on the GOAT trajectory but he still needs to challenge Brady's overall stats. In terms of pure talent and skill, yes Mahomes is probably the best ever.

Baller234
02-13-2024, 02:41 PM
He's in the conversation but you can't call him THEE goat yet. I would say he's in Jordan 91-92 territory. Untouchable status but he didn't really separate himself from his peers until he won 3 in a row.

If Mahomes 3-peats, that something Brady never did.

SouBeachTalents
02-13-2024, 02:43 PM
He's in the conversation but you can't call him THEE goat yet. I would say he's in Jordan 91-92 territory. Untouchable status but he didn't really separate himself from his peers until he won 3 in a row.

If Mahomes 3-peats, that something Brady never did.
That's something nobody has done, at least in the Super Bowl era.

bladefd
02-13-2024, 02:58 PM
No its not.

Kareem was still the GOAT until 1996 when Jordan won his 4th chip. Then Jordan was widely considered GOAT.

bladefd
02-13-2024, 03:20 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1apjkxl/mahomes_vs_brady_through_age28_post_season/

Brady vs Mahomes playoff stats

SouBeachTalents
02-13-2024, 03:26 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1apjkxl/mahomes_vs_brady_through_age28_post_season/

Brady vs Mahomes playoff stats
Any individual comparison with Brady before 30 against any modern ATG QB is not going to end well for him :lol He simply did not reach that level of play until 2007. 2014-2018 would certainly make for a closer comparison.

And tbf to him, just like the NBA, modern comparisons to 2000's football are just impossible to make, the game was drastically different and far less offensive friendly.

Wally450
02-13-2024, 05:31 PM
Any individual comparison with Brady before 30 against any modern ATG QB is not going to end well for him :lol He simply did not reach that level of play until 2007. 2014-2018 would certainly make for a closer comparison.

And tbf to him, just like the NBA, modern comparisons to 2000's football are just impossible to make, the game was drastically different and far less offensive friendly.

Brady said in an interview during the season that he's seeing mediocre football this season. I don't think that's him taking a shot at today's game, but when you add in the 17th game, the 7th playoff team with only one bye week, and limit padded practice time, you're going to see mediocre football.

The game is so different than it was even 10 years ago when Denver and Seattle played in the Super Bowl.

Also, those Brady numbers are insane because he did all that and had yet to hit his prime.

SouBeachTalents
02-13-2024, 05:55 PM
Brady said in an interview during the season that he's seeing mediocre football this season. I don't think that's him taking a shot at today's game, but when you add in the 17th game, the 7th playoff team with only one bye week, and limit padded practice time, you're going to see mediocre football.

The game is so different than it was even 10 years ago when Denver and Seattle played in the Super Bowl.

Also, those Brady numbers are insane because he did all that and had yet to hit his prime.
I absolutely hate the 17th game and 7th playoff team, they only dilute the product. I felt like their format before was perfect, but obv, it's all about that $, product quality be damned.

BurningHammer
02-13-2024, 06:14 PM
Top tier GOATs are undoubtedly greatest in their own sports; Usain Bolt in sprinting, Michael Jordan in basketball, Wayne Gretzky in ice hockey, Don Bradman in cricket, etc.

Mahomes still has Brady to beat at the end.

tpols
02-13-2024, 06:31 PM
He's no where close to Tiger Woods. Sustained excellence is the only argument for GOAT of GOATs.

Much easier to have longevity in golf compared to a combat sport like the NFL. Besides that Mahomes will likely have incredible football longevity. His game isnt athleticism dependant at all.

AlternativeAcc.
02-13-2024, 06:33 PM
Mahomes was easily capable of winning all the rings rhat Brady won, and probably beats those Giants teams on 07 and 2011 due to his superior ability to deal with pressure.

I dont think Brady wins any of Mahomes rings with the Chiefs.

Brady never won a SB without a top 8 defense.

While it's true Mahomes finally got an elite defense this year, he also dealt with the worst WR group in the league, and an average run game. Pacheco was downright awful in the SB, including a fumble at the 10 erasing points and momentum. Mahomes leading his team in rushing in a SB win is something Brady never could do obviously, and it was the difference in the game 100%.

This 49ers D would've wreaked Havoc on Brady like those Giants teams did.

AlternativeAcc.
02-13-2024, 06:35 PM

And Woods fell 3 Majors short of Nicklaus

Woods is not consensus GOAT, he is consensus best peak. It's Nicklaus who has more majors and dealt with less injuries and "sustained" longer.

TheMan
02-13-2024, 06:51 PM
And Woods fell 3 Majors short of Nicklaus

Woods is not consensus GOAT, he is consensus best peak. It's Nicklaus who has more majors and dealt with less injuries and "sustained" longer.

Injuries in golf? Like they step off the golf cart in a funny way? :lol

AlternativeAcc.
02-13-2024, 06:52 PM
Injuries in golf? Like they step off the golf cart in a funny way? :lol

Woods did some weird navy seals training in 05 and completely ****ed up his knees. Go look up his injury history... it's far worse than any NFL player

His swing was insanely explosive and his back/knees couldn't hold up

I watched this guy win a US open on a literal torn ACL in 08 :lol (he didn't win a single major after that until 2019, his last one)

TheMan
02-13-2024, 07:07 PM
Woods did some weird navy seals training in 05 and completely ****ed up his knees. Go look up his injury history... it's far worse than any NFL player

His swing was insanely explosive and his back/knees couldn't hold up

I watched this guy win a US open on a literal torn ACL in 08 :lol (he didn't win a single major after that until 2019, his last one)

Ah OK, dumb move by Woods lol. Like you don't have have to be a physical specimen to play in a sport you get on a golf cart to get to the next hole.

I respect your takes on football and I hate to keep going back to the Bears missing on Mahomes badly, they're reports out there and a recent interview with a former Bears talent scout that said they most of the Bears talent scouts were voting to draft Mahomes but former GM Ryan Pace overruled them and went with Trubisky for some ungodly reason...do you think Mahomes is Mahomes if the Bears picked him?

My take, maybe he isn't putting up the same exact insane stats because Andy Reid is a great offensive mind and the Bears have always had issues on that front but I believe that just out of his pure skill and talent, the Bears might've won a SB or two by now because one thing we do right, is having a running game and a defense. We just saw what Mahomes did with a decent defense, a slightly above running attack and no one outside of Kelce at the receiving corps. The Bears would have had to target a top reciever through the draft or FA, have a really good run game and a top defense and Mahomes gets the Bears to the promised land kicking and screaming :lol

What say you?

(I have a few grammatical errors but for some dumb reason, my phone won't permit me to scroll up to fix them, lol.)

AlternativeAcc.
02-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Ah OK, dumb move by Woods lol. Like you don't have have to be a physical specimen to play in a sport you get on a golf cart to get to the next hole.

I respect your takes on football and I hate to keep going back to the Bears missing on Mahomes badly, they're reports out there and a recent interview with a former Bears talent scout that said they most of the Bears talent scouts were voting to draft Mahomes but former GM Ryan Pace overruled them and went with Trubisky for some ungodly reason...do you think Mahomes is Mahomes if the Bears picked him?

My take, maybe he isn't putting up the same exact insane stats because Andy Reid is a great offensive mind and the Bears have always had issues on that front but I believe that just out of his pure skill and talent, the Bears might've won a SB or two by now because one thing we do right, is having a running game and a defense. We just saw what Mahomes did with a decent defense, a slightly above running attack and no one outside of Kelce at the receiving corps. The Bears would have had to target a top reciever through the draft or FA, have a really good run game and a top defense and Mahomes gets the Bears to the promised land kicking and screaming :lol

What say you?

They don't use carts in professional golf and many of the top guys today absolutely are world class athletes. Takes a lot of explosiveness to drive a ball 300+ yards. Similar to baseball in that you can maybe not look the most athletic but it takes elite hand eye coordination, flexibility, and explosiveness.

I think Mahomes is definitely capable of winning in a lot of different situations and environments. Part of being a great QB is being coach able and helping form a winning culture. Mahomes leadership and intangibles are off the charts. Anywhere he went his unrelenting drive to be the best in all aspects would've lifted any franchise, and things seem to fall in place when you have a guy like that. I absolutely think if you swapped Fields/Mahomes this year that the Bears would've competed for a ring and the Chiefs don't make the playoffs.

Wally450
02-13-2024, 07:27 PM
I absolutely hate the 17th game and 7th playoff team, they only dilute the product. I felt like their format before was perfect, but obv, it's all about that $, product quality be damned.

I completely agree. Everything was perfect, and they went and ruined it.

SouBeachTalents
02-13-2024, 08:46 PM
Saw this earlier, this shit cracked me up :lol

https://i0.wp.com/slackiebrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Featured-Image-2019-09-23T225343.535.png?resize=1000%2C600&ssl=1

ShawkFactory
02-13-2024, 08:48 PM
They don't use carts in professional golf and many of the top guys today absolutely are world class athletes. Takes a lot of explosiveness to drive a ball 300+ yards. Similar to baseball in that you can maybe not look the most athletic but it takes elite hand eye coordination, flexibility, and explosiveness.

I think Mahomes is definitely capable of winning in a lot of different situations and environments. Part of being a great QB is being coach able and helping form a winning culture. Mahomes leadership and intangibles are off the charts. Anywhere he went his unrelenting drive to be the best in all aspects would've lifted any franchise, and things seem to fall in place when you have a guy like that. I absolutely think if you swapped Fields/Mahomes this year that the Bears would've competed for a ring and the Chiefs don't make the playoffs.

The flexibility part is key with golfers. Having even lower back soreness can be the difference between shooting a 67 and a 72 or something on a given day where everything else is working but that’s the difference between an elite player and someone who will never compete for wins in a field with 150 pros.

I get annoyed when people downplay injuries in golf and baseball in particular. These sports require the highest level of mechanical perfection of any of the major sports and even throwing a slight wrench in that will throw everything off.

One of my buddies who only really likes football laughed last year when Max Fried missed like 2 weeks because of a blister on his hand. I was like buddy you have no idea.

TheMan
02-13-2024, 09:11 PM
The flexibility part is key with golfers. Having even lower back soreness can be the difference between shooting a 67 and a 72 or something on a given day where everything else is working but that’s the difference between an elite player and someone who will never compete for wins in a field with 150 pros.

I get annoyed when people downplay injuries in golf and baseball in particular. These sports require the highest level of mechanical perfection of any of the major sports and even throwing a slight wrench in that will throw everything off.

One of my buddies who only really likes football laughed last year when Max Fried missed like 2 weeks because of a blister on his hand. I was like buddy you have no idea.

I didn't know people downplaying baseball injuries was a thing, making fun of golf injuries, well I'm guilty of that as well but baseball? Baseball is a marathon and players playing all 162 games of the season is basically a thing of the past. Injuries can happen at any given moment...Cal Ripken Jr.'s record is safe :lol

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2024, 09:20 PM
Top tier GOATs are undoubtedly greatest in their own sports; Usain Bolt in sprinting, Michael Jordan in basketball, Wayne Gretzky in ice hockey, Don Bradman in cricket, etc.

Mahomes still has Brady to beat at the end.

No simpletons and surface level takes allowed in this thread.

(Jordan is not even the undoubted goat btw)

Kareem was still the GOAT until 1996 when Jordan won his 4th chip. Then Jordan was widely considered GOAT.

Says you.

MJ was already widely recognized as GOAT when he left basketball in 93.

ArbitraryWater
02-13-2024, 09:22 PM
That's something nobody has done, at least in the Super Bowl era.

For some, it will never be enough.

Nobody even ****ing won the CL back to back and then Ronaldo THREEPEATED and there are people calling Messi the goat.

bladefd
02-13-2024, 09:56 PM
No simpletons and surface level takes allowed in this thread.

(Jordan is not even the undoubted goat btw)

Says you.

MJ was already widely recognized as GOAT when he left basketball in 93.

Nah. People were saying Jordan was the best player ever but Kareem was still considered the GOAT in 93. The 4th chip was when Jordan took the consensus as the GOAT.

Baller234
02-14-2024, 11:18 AM
I think Jordan was the first basketball guy to truly be crowned.

If you asked anyone in sports media during the 1980's to name the greatest player ever they would have told you Wilt, Russell or Kareem. Wilt probably having the edge but not unanimous. Then when Magic and Bird did their thing and started to dominate, they started to enter the discussion.

Up until the late 80's, all those guys were all in the conversation depending on your age and your point of view. If you were a purist you probably said one of the centers, if you were a fan of the modern game you probably said Bird or Magic. Again if there was one guy who might have had the slight edge in these convos, I would say it was Wilt.

Jordan was really the first one who was "crowned". Magic, Bird and Isiah were all calling him the best player in the league or most talented player in the league. Once he actually started winning the discussion was over for good.

Jasper
02-14-2024, 12:38 PM
Deniers cry harder

tom is goat ... Patrick is 1a

ArbitraryWater
02-14-2024, 05:21 PM
tom is goat ... Patrick is 1a

you mean 1b?

:crazysam:

Nanners
02-18-2024, 09:35 AM
Much easier to have longevity in golf compared to a combat sport like the NFL. Besides that Mahomes will likely have incredible football longevity. His game isnt athleticism dependant at all.

Except Tiger is not the GOAT because of his longevity, he is GOAT because of his peak - from 1997-2008 he was preposterously dominant... in the years since he has only won one major tournament.

You could say that Tiger is the golf GOAT for the same reason MJ is the bball GOAT. MJ had a relatively short peak compared to some other bball GOAT candidates like Kareem and Lebron, but during his peak he was dominant in a way that no other player has ever come close to

aj1987
04-30-2024, 04:50 PM
Do us all a favor and return to the hole you came from k thx

Says the dude who started watching sports CASUALLY 10 years ago. :lol

You are beyond trash when it comes to your sports takes.

ArbitraryWater
04-30-2024, 05:23 PM
Says the dude who started watching sports CASUALLY 10 years ago. :lol

You are beyond trash when it comes to your sports takes.

Did you ****ing bookmark this page to check for replies months down the line? :biggums::biggums:

:roll:

Who the **** doesnt start watching sports casually? What the **** is that even supposed to mean? Isnt that how everyone starts watching sports? Did you start watching with a pen in your hand taking notes? Youre such a weirdo :oldlol: