PDA

View Full Version : George Karl and Melo are taking shots at each other

999Guy
02-16-2024, 09:47 PM
And it's in response to the video of Melo talking about him in his recent tweet: https://twitter.com/CoachKarl22/status/1758372692498292832

beasted
02-16-2024, 10:00 PM
George Karl was fairly notoriously disliked and an overrated coach himself. Carmelo needed a coach like Popovich, Coach K, not Karl

Reggie43
02-16-2024, 10:14 PM
Melo wouldnt have retired ringless if he was as smart as Detlef Schrempf.

beasted
02-16-2024, 10:25 PM
Melo wouldnt have retired ringless if he was as smart as Detlef Schrempf.

And yet Schrempf retired... ringless :pimp:

Reggie43
02-16-2024, 10:38 PM
And yet Schrempf retired... ringless :pimp:

He never had the Mvp level talent of Melo though. Get what Im saying?

Xiao Yao You
02-16-2024, 10:41 PM
Detlef over Carmelo anyday

FultzNationRISE
02-16-2024, 10:50 PM
Karl's criticisms of Melo have always been accurate, however the fact he dwells on it publicly so long after the fact is really distasteful and lame. Melo was basically a kid when Karl coached him. Obviously Karl resents how immature and unprofessional Melo was at that point in his career, and airing it out one time after Melo was gone is quasi-okay, but continuing to bring it up repeatedly long after the fact in a very vindictive way is just completely unnecessary. Move on, George. I dunno how this recent spat started or how Detlef Schrempf is involved, but if Melo is taking shots at Karl it's definitely a retaliation for the fact Karl has been obsessed with slamming him ever since the end of their time on the Nuggets. Karl comes off really petty.

Im so nba'd out
02-16-2024, 11:29 PM
Stop with the deadlift shrimp slander in here. I won’t stand for it

Im Still Ballin
02-16-2024, 11:53 PM
George Karl was fairly notoriously disliked and an overrated coach himself. Carmelo needed a coach like Popovich, Coach K, not Karl

He was an old-school coach who coached into the modern era. Guys like him were more commonplace back then. I think he was a very good coach who found success just about everywhere he went. How much of that is luck due to circumstance? You can say that about every coach ever in any sport.

Popovich and Coach K wouldn't have liked coaching Carmelo either due to his immaturity and selfish play. But they probably wouldn't have voiced it like Karl did/does.

I'm pretty sure Coach K and Pop had issues with LeBron and some of the younger players on the USA teams in 2004 and 2006. Lack of respect and maturity. They almost left LeBron off the '08 team; in fact, they actually voted 3-1 to cut him from the 2006 squad but were overruled.

Pop and Coach K have more in common with Karl than you think. They just have more tact.

Norcaliblunt
02-16-2024, 11:54 PM
George Karl and Carmelo are literally the same kind of player and coach. Overrated as ****. Lmao. The only reason we talk about them is because of controversy.

Both Karl and Anthony blew their chances to be great because they’re straight douche bags.

ArbitraryWater
02-17-2024, 01:32 AM
Melo just told a story, George Karl comes across unprofessional as ****.

Jesus.

fsvr54
02-17-2024, 02:46 AM
Melo just told a story, George Karl comes across unprofessional as ****.

Jesus.

You don't talk about other people in public. George has the right to talk when some overrated bum talks about him

beasted
02-17-2024, 09:04 AM
He never had the Mvp level talent of Melo though. Get what Im saying?

I do get you. But I believe Carmelo when he says Karl said his "role" would be that of Detlef rather than his "approach" to off ball movement, shot selection and willingness to make plays for others should mirror Schrempf. He was busy trying to play mind games to humble Anthony rather than to teach him about the deficiencies in his game. Lame coaching.

beasted
02-17-2024, 09:08 AM
He was an old-school coach who coached into the modern era. Guys like him were more commonplace back then. I think he was a very good coach who found success just about everywhere he went. How much of that is luck due to circumstance? You can say that about every coach ever in any sport.

Popovich and Coach K wouldn't have liked coaching Carmelo either due to his immaturity and selfish play. But they probably wouldn't have voiced it like Karl did/does.

I'm pretty sure Coach K and Pop had issues with LeBron and some of the younger players on the USA teams in 2004 and 2006. Lack of respect and maturity. They almost left LeBron off the '08 team; in fact, they actually voted 3-1 to cut him from the 2006 squad but were overruled.

Pop and Coach K have more in common with Karl than you think. They just have more tact.

Nearlt every star he worked with outside of Kemp and Payton talked bad about him at some point. Tact was what he was missing. But we're in agreement that Carmelo needed the strong approach from a well respected coach that he knew he wouldn't get the organization to choose himself over them.

tpols
02-17-2024, 10:36 AM
Turns out Karl was right from the start. Melo was always a spoiled brat who never changed. Literally never played defense or passed and even his scoring was extremely black hole and inefficient.

Dropping the n word left and right... it's got to be hard on these coaches to connect with these ghetto types.

FultzNationRISE
02-17-2024, 06:38 PM
You don't talk about other people in public. George has the right to talk when some overrated bum talks about him

It's Karl who's been bashing Carmelo for years. Melo at this point is simply returning serve.

FultzNationRISE
02-17-2024, 06:40 PM
Turns out Karl was right from the start. Melo was always a spoiled brat who never changed. Literally never played defense or passed and even his scoring was extremely black hole and inefficient.

Dropping the n word left and right... it's got to be hard on these coaches to connect with these ghetto types.

I mean Robert Sarver tried to adapt to the lingo of the times and he got canceled for it :(

ArbitraryWater
02-17-2024, 08:03 PM

You have the right to tell the truth at any moment in time.

He merely told a story.

Can he say he once had coffee with someone, even George Karl?

Or would that be "talking about people in public" ?

Of course not, since its just re-calling an event that happened to him.

You only feel that way here because Karl comes off like an ass.

Norcaliblunt
02-17-2024, 09:31 PM
They literally are both bums if you think wining is everything.

Lol at this discussion

Reggie43
02-17-2024, 09:35 PM
I do get you. But I believe Carmelo when he says Karl said his "role" would be that of Detlef rather than his "approach" to off ball movement, shot selection and willingness to make plays for others should mirror Schrempf. He was busy trying to play mind games to humble Anthony rather than to teach him about the deficiencies in his game. Lame coaching.

Not a fan of both guys and I think most negative things said about them are true but Im an oldschool guy and I think the player should be the first one to put his ego aside to make things work.

beasted
02-18-2024, 12:03 AM
Not a fan of both guys and I think most negative things said about them are true but Im an oldschool guy and I think the player should be the first one to put his ego aside to make things work.

Can't say I agree. If you have no track record of championship success (high school, college, international, NBA, FIBA) then STFU and tone down the attitude.

What, am I'm supposed to listen to a fool because he's an old fool? Still a fool. Karl has never won at any level. Came close a couple times across different leagues, but ultimately a consistent and perpetual failure.

Reggie43
02-18-2024, 12:59 AM
Can't say I agree. If you have no track record of championship success (high school, college, international, NBA, FIBA) then STFU and tone down the attitude.

What, am I'm supposed to listen to a fool because he's an old fool? Still a fool. Karl has never won at any level. Came close a couple times across different leagues, but ultimately a consistent and perpetual failure.

As a player Melo was just as bad as Karl and I wouldnt call a coach that led his team to the Finals a failure especially considering the team that they lost to.

beasted
02-18-2024, 10:51 AM
As a player Melo was just as bad as Karl and I wouldnt call a coach that led his team to the Finals a failure especially considering the team that they lost to.

Not exactly. Melo has an NCAA title and a couple Gold medals. Karl literally has no titles across coaching like 4-5 different leagues.

Reggie43
02-18-2024, 07:08 PM
Not exactly. Melo has an NCAA title and a couple Gold medals. Karl literally has no titles across coaching like 4-5 different leagues.

Meant it from an attitude standpoint but yeah I get what you are saying.

ArbitraryWater
02-19-2024, 09:03 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/d8abaf312e0c6e306ccdfb6ebeba6281.jpg

https://i.gyazo.com/f15251b30f24717c86a9994d7596a339.png

George Karl is weird as hell. I dont know anyone his age who acts like this.

SATAN
02-19-2024, 09:17 PM
Used to respect George Karl when he coached the Sonics but wtf is this? Pathetic.

beasted
02-19-2024, 10:03 PM

Old out of touch fool trying to stay relevant. Pitiful.

beasted
02-19-2024, 10:12 PM
Both of them just couldn't get out of their own way, but Karl was definitely more of a jackass about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJCstCR6iM

Im Still Ballin
02-19-2024, 11:38 PM

:roll:

He's hilarious.

brownmamba00
02-20-2024, 01:47 PM
Even though I believe Karl is a good coach he does like to sting deep. First that daddy comment now this.