PDA

View Full Version : Add one player to one team in history to beat this one in a series.

Kblaze8855
02-21-2024, 04:21 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2402220146540115.jpeg

All in 2018 form and 100% healthy.

Let’s say home rules advantage is determined by coin flip. 4 games with the 2018 rules 3 with the rules of whatever team you choose(if the warriors win the toss).

One team plus one player not already on that team.

What team and what player you choosing?

SouBeachTalents
02-21-2024, 04:25 PM
Jokic to the '86 Celtics

DJ
Ainge
Bird
McHale
Jokic

Parish & Walton off the bench.

I still wouldn't pick them to win lol, but that's about as good as you're gonna get.

ShawkFactory
02-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Ouch. Not a lot of options.

I'm putting peak Jason Kidd on the 83 sixers. They'll have the size, athleticism, and tenacity on the perimeter to match up. Plus Moses could beat up on AD a little bit and try to make him uncomfortable.

Kblaze8855
02-21-2024, 04:28 PM
91 Jordan added to the 2014 Spurs?

highwhey
02-21-2024, 04:29 PM
2024 Suns+Kawhi

we assuming quantum superposition principle is in full effect for keben durrant

ShawkFactory
02-21-2024, 04:32 PM
91 Jordan added to the 2014 Spurs?

I think you could add 91 Jordan to a few teams and it would be a great matchup but that seems like cheating for some reason.

RRR3
02-21-2024, 04:36 PM
Peak LeBron to the current Celtics

FultzNationRISE
02-21-2024, 04:36 PM
Prime Shaq to the 2013 Heat.

Shaq, LeZeus, Wade, RayRay, Bosh.

I think Bosh could do a reasonable job guarding KD. Shaq would obviously emasculate AD. Peak Lebron is the best player in the series on both ends. And Ray sniping jump shots is an ideal floor spacing guard.

Manny98
02-21-2024, 04:41 PM
91 MJ to the 23 Nuggets

FultzNationRISE
02-21-2024, 04:48 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2402220146540115.jpeg

Also tho, the most direct guaranteed way to beat that team is to just add 2023 Jokic to the '18 Warriors instead of AD.

John8204
02-21-2024, 04:52 PM
Lebron James to the 1970-71 Los Anegeles Lakers

G - Gail Goodrich
G - Jerry West
F - Elgin Baylor
F - Lebron James
C - Wilt Chamberlain

Kblaze8855
02-21-2024, 05:27 PM
I think you could add 91 Jordan to a few teams and it would be a great matchup but that seems like cheating for some reason.

If anyone on this warriors hypothetical lineup so much as uttered the word “cheating” I suspect the basketball gods would send a bolt of lightning.

Real Men Wear Green
02-21-2024, 05:47 PM
93 Bulls plus Olajuwon. A close to his most athletic Jordan might be the best guy you could put on Curry, prime Pippen is one of the best you could put on Durant and Olajuwon should give Davis problems.

FilmyCogTurner
02-21-2024, 06:30 PM
93 Bulls plus Olajuwon. A close to his most athletic Jordan might be the best guy you could put on Curry, prime Pippen is one of the best you could put on Durant and Olajuwon should give Davis problems.

You wouldn't want the 2nd threepeat squad? Having Pippen and Rodman to take turns on KD defensively would be a major asset.

Wardell Curry
02-21-2024, 06:54 PM
What rule set aka what year is this match up taking place in? Assuming 2018?

beasted
02-21-2024, 07:14 PM
94 Hakeem on the 2008 Celtics.

Garnett gets into Draymond's head and gets him to eject himself. Tony Allen off the bench does a defensive number on Curry. Defensively they overpower and slow down the free flowing offense of the Warriors. Celtics in 6.

Wardell Curry
02-21-2024, 07:17 PM
Frankly I don't think the 2018 Warriors were the peak Warriors. Warriors peaked in 2016, they just so happened to not win the title because of Draymond's lack of emotional control. Not sure why you didn't go 2017. Maybe because AD was a little better in 2018? IDK.

I might do something like 2007 Dirk Nowitzki to the 2008 Celtics.

The problem I'm having is that the team needs to be good at shooting and good at defending the three and to be able to adapt to all modern rules, and most of the teams in NBA history that can do all of that are relatively recent teams.

Wardell Curry
02-21-2024, 07:17 PM

Garnett gets into Draymond's head and gets him to eject himself. Tony Allen off the bench does a defensive number on Curry. Defensively they overpower and slow down the free flowing offense of the Warriors. Celtics in 6.

Damn you stole my team. gg.

warriorfan
02-21-2024, 07:18 PM

damn.

that is a crazy ****ing team

999Guy
02-21-2024, 07:21 PM
Add any of Peak KG, Kareem, or Hakeem to the 18 Rockets. Whichever player makes it them the nastiest. I would probably say KG because you could keep Capela/Nene on the court in total harmony with him. KG’s skill set was that of an all-star wing.

I put peak Bird on the 19 Bucks in a 2k season. Absolutely filthy team. Disgusting in transition. Humongous frontline. Shooters everywhere. Unique play actions in halfcourt.

Peak Chris Paul on the 01 Lakers or 96 Bulls is a good one.

The ones that would make the biggest difference are the ones that don’t seem like they would. Adding Jordan to a title level team is redundant unless it’s a defense heavy team like the 04 pistons or 03 Spurs. I

Maybe peak Jordan on the 87 Lakers. Maybe he could squeeze in there and not take away from Magic’s game and play his full game.

Peak Shaq on the 92 Bulls would be really, really nasty. If god or some universal AI told me that combo would create the greatest NBA team ever I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

beasted
02-21-2024, 07:22 PM
Damn you stole my team. gg.

:cheers:

Reggie43
02-21-2024, 07:32 PM
Shaq or Hakeem to Jordans Bulls would be my confident pick but I would love to see Bird on the 96 Sonics

Kemp
Bird
Schrempf
Hawkins
Payton

Perkins and Mcmillan off the bench

Kblaze8855
02-21-2024, 07:42 PM
I feel like David Robinson might pull this off in some lineups. The fact that he will be added to a team that doesn’t really need him and likely already proved it could win would take the pressure off him and let him focus on defense while still being a completely overwhelming physical presence, and a scoring option.

Dropped on one of these super teams. I don’t know that he would care if he got many shots. Hakeem and Shaq are going to want the ball no matter who their teammates are. That being Jokic into the fold but he’s either guarding peak athletic AD or out at the top in a lot of on ball duty mixed into plays you don’t want him defending.

Drob would be disrupting the whole floor.

Kblaze8855
02-21-2024, 07:42 PM
Shaq or Hakeem to Jordans Bulls would be my confident pick but I would love to see Bird on the 96 Sonics

Kemp
Bird
Schrempf
Hawkins
Payton

I was actually thinking earlier about which teams with Shaq I could add Larry Bird to. I considered the 95 Magic. But if have Horace somewhere I didn’t want him.

Kemp
Bird
Schrempf
Hawkins
Payton

Real Men Wear Green
02-21-2024, 08:37 PM
You wouldn't want the 2nd threepeat squad? Having Pippen and Rodman to take turns on KD defensively would be a major asset.
I want the more athletic Jordan on Curry. Your team could definitely be better though it's all just speculation.

FultzNationRISE
02-21-2024, 08:37 PM

Yeah the 2008 Celtics are a good team to pick given they were already great and yet have an obvious candidate for replacement in Perkins. KBlaze’s DRob call makes a lot of sense from a chemistry standpoint.

Altho Id add Lebron instead :crazysam:

gonzaldo
02-21-2024, 09:55 PM
what title winning team with an ATG added wont go at least confidently toe to toe with them? i mean put jordan on the raptors team that is considered somehow weak champion and sent danny green to the bench and can you predict the result? Or Bird on one of the piston teams?

Full Court
02-21-2024, 10:59 PM
Add Shaq or David Robinson to the '96 Bulls.

iamgine
02-21-2024, 11:29 PM
Add Michael Jordan to 2024 Celtics.

Add Wemby to 2008 Celtics.

FultzNationRISE
02-22-2024, 01:16 AM
Add Michael Jordan to 2024 Celtics.

Add Wemby to 2008 Celtics.

I think Id add Magic to the current Celtics just to watch him play with Pingis.

Full Court
02-22-2024, 07:57 AM
I think Id add Magic to the current Celtics just to watch him play with Pingis.

Because who doesn't want a Magic Pingis combo, right?

:roll:

jayfan
02-22-2024, 12:03 PM
This one's easy.

Add Hakeem to the '96 Bulls.

tpols
02-22-2024, 12:12 PM
While it would be an unreal GOAT squad other great teams could hang with them imo. A team who's leading scorers were Rudy Fernandez, Juan Carlos Navarro, and Pau Gasol almost beat prime Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Chris Paul, and Dwight.

1987_Lakers
02-22-2024, 12:20 PM
MJ on the '86 Celtics.

RogueBorg
02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Prime Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on the 1995-'96 Bulls.

RogueBorg
02-22-2024, 01:52 PM
MJ on the '86 Celtics.

This was my other choice.

dankok8
02-22-2024, 01:55 PM
1967 Wilt on the 1996 Bulls

That version of Wilt was ok shooting less and focusing on other areas. Warriors would struggle to grab a rebound against a frontcourt of Wilt/Rodman.. lol

ShawkFactory
02-22-2024, 02:11 PM
While it would be an unreal GOAT squad other great teams could hang with them imo. A team who's leading scorers were Rudy Fernandez, Juan Carlos Navarro, and Pau Gasol almost beat prime Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Chris Paul, and Dwight.

In an individual game lots of teams could hang with others, particularly if they've never seen them before or know how they play. If the US had to win 3 more games in that series over the course of a couple weeks then I don't think Spain is getting one, and a few of the others probably wouldn't have been as close.

If I recall correctly I think both Lebron and Kobe got into foul trouble on some iffy calls early on.

Wally450
02-22-2024, 02:12 PM
Kevin Garnett on the 2001 Lakers.

Duffy Pratt
02-23-2024, 02:06 AM
Prime Kareem on the 73 Knicks:
Frazier
Monroe
Debusschere
Reed
Jabbar

Bradley and Lucas coming off the bench.

For the three games using the 70s rules, there’s no threes and your guys will turn the ball over on carrying calls or travels about 80% of the time. So you are spotting those games, and need to sweep the other four.

My team has the edge in size and defense. Bradley, Debusschere and Lucas all have three point range. And you have no defense for the Jabbar Reed combo.

Kblaze8855
02-23-2024, 12:50 PM
You raise an excellent point. Go far enough back, and the officials would completely destroy modern basketball players attempting to play modern basketball. But you have the opposing issue of going too far back leaving lesser athletes who would be blown off the floor when they have to play the 2019 game. Those old guys are used to having to play tight but hands off defense but the handles would piss them off. They wouldn’t even consider modern guys to be playing real ball. The modern NBA is loser than what Earl Monroe was doing on the streets.

They would be totally out of their element having to defend shit they literally couldn’t imagine being allowed. What do they do with people taking 4 steps when they naturally take and defend 1.5?

hiphopanonymous
02-23-2024, 01:01 PM
Lebron James to the 1970-71 Los Anegeles Lakers

G - Gail Goodrich
G - Jerry West
F - Elgin Baylor
F - Lebron James
C - Wilt Chamberlain

West and Baylor were both injured and DNP for the 70-71 playoffs... hopefully you bring LeBron's designer syrums, german doctors and trainers with him for the season to share with West and Baylor

Duffy Pratt
02-23-2024, 01:55 PM
You raise an excellent point. Go far enough back, and the officials would completely destroy modern basketball players attempting to play modern basketball. But you have the opposing issue of going too far back leaving lesser athletes who would be blown off the floor when they have to play the 2019 game. Those old guys are used to having to play tight but hands off defense but the handles would piss them off. They wouldn’t even consider modern guys to be playing real ball. The modern NBA is loser than what Earl Monroe was doing on the streets.

They would be totally out of their element having to defend shit they literally couldn’t imagine being allowed. What do they do with people taking 4 steps when they naturally take and defend 1.5?

I think the advantage there goes to the older teams. It’s easier to adjust defensively than it is to learn new offensive skills. And it’s easier to loosen up your offense (allowing an extra step, eg), than to tighten it up. As for athletic ability, I’m not so sure. That Knick team played in17 back to backs, and an additional 7 stretches with three games in a row. They averaged more minutes per game than these teams, and six guys on that team played in 75+ games. Pace was quicker, and that Knick team was especially known for its defense. (The 69 Knicks might have been a better choice, but I think Monroe would adapt especially quickly to the modern game.). But yeah, this illustrates why it’s especially hard to try to compare teams from different eras.