PDA

View Full Version : One vote for the HALL of FAME: Teammates Edition

L.Kizzle
02-22-2024, 01:26 PM
One vote for the Hall of Fame - Teammate Edition
Pretty simple, if the Hall of Fame committee said only one of these guys makes the Basketball Hall of Fame which one are you choosing? PS. Based off entire career not just when they were teammate. Just did that for pairing purposes.

Rudy Gobert or Donavan Mitchell?
https://media.bleacherreport.com/image/upload/v1643984203/s3a4r2sippqpjqdhvscg.jpg

LaMarcus Aldridge or DeMar DeRozan?
https://www.si.com/.image/ar_4:3%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_aut o:good%2Cw_1200/MTY4MDE2ODYyMDA0Mzg5MTM3/demar_derozan_spurs_tradejpg.jpg

Shawn Marion or A'mare Stoudemire?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3Hh9LTbAAMszS7.jpg

Brad Daugherty or Mark Price?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/XFoAAOSwnABjRf8j/s-l1600.jpg

Bill Laimbeer or Mark Aguirre? (Literally could not find a photo of them together, so they don't get one!)

Tom Chambers or Kevin Johnson?
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/URkAAOSwOTZfRePf/s-l400.png

FultzNationRISE
02-22-2024, 01:31 PM
Toody
DePression
Marion
Laimbeer
Price
Johnson

Altho the late 80s/early 90s players I have less personal recollection of and am going more by a loose perception of what their games were.

I also dont evaluate players STRICTLY on stats and achievements, but take into account “their place in history” type of thing. Like Laimbeer as one of the faces of The Bad Boys, a famous era of the game. To me thats HoF worthy, even if his stats arent at this or that threshold.

RogueBorg
02-22-2024, 01:43 PM
If Daugherty doesn't get hurt he's a Hall of Famer. He doesn't have the accolades because of the era he played in. If Shaq, Olajuwon, Robinson, and Ewing played in Dwight's era, Dwight doesn't have the 3 DPOY awards. Daugherty is a notch below Ewing on abut Mourning's level IMO.

Mark Price's 4x All-NBA is probably HOF worthy as well as easy as it is to get in. But if I had to pick between the two, it's Daugherty.

Xiao Yao You
02-22-2024, 07:06 PM
If Daugherty doesn't get hurt he's a Hall of Famer. He doesn't have the accolades because of the era he played in. If Shaq, Olajuwon, Robinson, and Ewing played in Dwight's era, Dwight doesn't have the 3 DPOY awards. Daugherty is a notch below Ewing on abut Mourning's level IMO.

Mark Price's 4x All-NBA is probably HOF worthy as well as easy as it is to get in. But if I had to pick between the two, it's Daugherty.

I thought Daugherty was on Ewing's level. Mourning too.

Probably go Price because Daugherty's career ended early

Gobert obviously once he gets the 4th DPOTY he's as good as in. Poor trolls! :roll:

Demar. Certainly would be thought of a lot more highly in a different era

Probably Marion. Amare better at his peak

Bill. Aguirre was a poor man's version of the guy he replaced in Detroit AD. Just lucky he was Isiah's bud

KJ. Thought Chambers was overrated

Kblaze8855
02-22-2024, 08:05 PM
As a 27 year old 5 time all star barring injury Donovan is likely going. Too many people I know have had HOF dealings don’t think much of Rudy and too many players openly mock him. He could conceivably go but it’s less of a lock than the career Donovan is shaping up to have if he stays healthy.
Demar I suppose.
Amare
Price
Aguirre
KJ

nobody listed would be in the hall I’d like. But the hall I’d like doesn’t exist.

Price, KJ, and Amare may have been HOF level even for the hall I want but they didn’t have the usual career.

RogueBorg
02-23-2024, 09:37 AM
I thought Daugherty was on Ewing's level. Mourning too.

You're not wrong, Daugherty is right there. I give the nod to Ewing because of defense and shot blocking.

Xiao Yao You
02-23-2024, 10:23 AM
You're not wrong, Daugherty is right there. I give the nod to Ewing because of defense and shot blocking.

and Daugherty for elite passing

L.Kizzle
02-23-2024, 10:58 AM

5 time All-Star in 8 seasons. Reggie Miller played 18 and made only 5.

John8204
02-24-2024, 05:27 PM
Mitchell
Derozan
Stoudamire
Price
Laimbeer
Johnson

L.Kizzle
02-24-2024, 05:33 PM
I'm actually shocked DeMar is leading DeMarcus. All the flack DeMar gets here.

John8204
02-24-2024, 05:42 PM
I'm actually shocked DeMar is leading DeMarcus. All the flack DeMar gets here.

He's nearing 25K in points sp that's going to put him in automatically in my eyes

L.Kizzle
02-24-2024, 06:11 PM
He's nearing 25K in points sp that's going to put him in automatically in my eyes
He's no where close to 25K. He'll get there at his pace tho. LMA has over 20K and had to stop. Came back a few times. He was 21/9 All-Star his last season before the pandemic hit.

John8204
02-24-2024, 07:31 PM
He's no where close to 25K. He'll get there at his pace tho. LMA has over 20K and had to stop. Came back a few times. He was 21/9 All-Star his last season before the pandemic hit.

Unless he gets a shocking injury this time next year he should be at 24,500 that puts him past..."on pace" discussion.