PDA

View Full Version : James Edwards was in the NBA playing Earl Monroe and Walt Frazier…..and KG.

Kblaze8855
02-22-2024, 09:35 PM
Don’t worry. I promise you I’m not about to talk to you about a role-player from 40 years ago, even though he was a bigger part of the bad boy pistons than you think he was. I was just reminded of him when I heard Kevin Harlan say Thaddeus Young has been in the league for 17 years.

That guy is going to play 20 years and you won’t remember him making a single shot. Not a single thing he did is going to last in your memory, but he is going to be able to say he’s a 20 year NBA veteran. And he has managed to do it without even being a particularly highly regarded role-player.

For quite a while there we were waiting for him to break out, but he never really did. He has just bounced around in complete obscurity forever.

He’s been in the league since Mutombo was on the Rockets.

They’re gonna have to drag him kicking and screaming out of the league and unlike Haslem he’s not gonna spend 10 years as just a veteran leader and unlike Vince he isn’t a respected former superstar being allowed to go out on his own terms.

He’s just a straight average player who finds a way to still be on a roster every year. Hell of a job. I don’t even wanna know his career earnings.

Kblaze8855
02-22-2024, 09:38 PM
Jeff Green might be an even better example. Hes still playing on the Rockets. He he might make 20 years as well.

Meanwhile guys fall off after 8 years and are never heard from again. Gotta have a good attitude to have the word of mouth to keep getting jobs I assume.

Michael Beasley been gone forever and he’s younger than both these guys I bet.

L.Kizzle
02-22-2024, 09:43 PM
Didn't even know he was still playing. Where is Nerlens Noel?
Philly has had some awful picks in the past 20 years or so.

Reggie43
02-22-2024, 10:02 PM
He was a real valuable player for the Pacers serving as their veteran leader/enforcer while helping lead the team to the playoffs when they had no business competing for a spot. He was much much better than Udonis Haslem for sure

ralph_i_el
02-22-2024, 11:47 PM
Everybody seems to like Jeff Green. I remember when he was the top player in the DMV, with Durant and Beasley coming up behind him.

Im Still Ballin
02-22-2024, 11:57 PM
Pretty impressive that he lasted that long without at any point being an All-Star or All-NBA guy. Robert Parish went from 1976-1997 but was obviously a HOFer.

Xiao Yao You
02-23-2024, 12:33 AM
Everybody seems to like Jeff Green. I remember when he was the top player in the DMV, with Durant and Beasley coming up behind him.

COTM wasn't a fan

Duffy Pratt
02-23-2024, 12:49 AM
Udonis Haslem - Twenty years, all with the Heat. Don’t think that could happen anymore with a starter/roleplayer.

Xiao Yao You
02-23-2024, 01:09 AM
Udonis Haslem - Twenty years, all with the Heat. Don’t think that could happen anymore with a starter/roleplayer.

especially hardly playing at all the last few of those