PDA

View Full Version : What Really Happened Between Latrell Sprewell and P.J. Carlesimo

jlip
02-24-2024, 08:48 PM
Brian Shaw, who was on the Warriors at the time and present when it happened, provides the backstory and his first hand account of the infamous Sprewell choking P.J. Carlesimo incident.

https://youtu.be/FFuxVcqAD-M?si=bcBuTCc2a4fsYwZZ

oldtimer28
02-25-2024, 01:00 AM
Brian Shaw, who was on the Warriors at the time and present when it happened, provides the backstory and his first hand account of the infamous Sprewell choking P.J. Carlesimo incident.

https://youtu.be/FFuxVcqAD-M?si=bcBuTCc2a4fsYwZZ

Awesome.

Thanks

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 01:16 AM
Always two sides to everything. However, I feel like it would have been far more excusable if he’d punched him or something.

I understand you can have your buttons pushed over and over and as men sometimes shit gets hashed out physically but the strangling aspect is tough. That’s borderline attempted murder at that point and if they didn’t have security there ripping Spree off of him who the fvck knows what would have happened.

Xiao Yao You
02-25-2024, 08:42 AM
Why did PJ keep getting hired as a head coach was always my question

Street Hunger
02-27-2024, 11:40 PM
Have any other NBA players done something to their coach like this?

RachlNicholsazz
02-29-2024, 12:53 PM
Have any other NBA players done something to their coach like this?

Their own coach? Not that I know of. Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from attacking 2 of his coaches, including Jerry Sloan. DWill should have been a HOFer, but he was a head case like Spree. Actually Spree could have been a HOFer too if he didn't let his OTC shit mess up his mind. He could play fierce defense when he wanted and was pretty clutch

Xiao Yao You
02-29-2024, 05:39 PM
Their own coach? Not that I know of. Deron Williams had to be physically restrained from attacking 2 of his coaches, including Jerry Sloan. DWill should have been a HOFer, but he was a head case like Spree. Actually Spree could have been a HOFer too if he didn't let his OTC shit mess up his mind. He could play fierce defense when he wanted and was pretty clutch

Spree was no HOFer. Deron if he'd stayed in Utah maybe. Coaches saved his ass if true. Pretty sure Sloan would have kicked his ass

WhiteKyrie
02-29-2024, 08:45 PM
Spree sounds like a ghetto dick head and a total animal