PDA

View Full Version : Lakers vs Suns GT

Manny98
02-25-2024, 04:08 PM
Honestly haven't been keeping up with the NBA recently but there's some decent games on tonight so will tune in

Xiao Yao You
02-25-2024, 04:13 PM
fair weather Manny

1987_Lakers
02-25-2024, 04:18 PM
fair weather Manny

:oldlol:

Manny98
02-25-2024, 04:55 PM
fair weather Manny

What?

tpols
02-25-2024, 05:00 PM
LeGOAT should've sat this prime time game out too. Come back vs the hornets or some shit. :lol

SATAN
02-25-2024, 05:36 PM
AD with 4 points and 3 rebounds. Almost half time...

SATAN
02-25-2024, 05:38 PM
Fool's Gold playing like shit.

SATAN
02-25-2024, 05:52 PM
Why are these clowns still pumping up the All-Star Weekend? Read the room.

SATAN
02-25-2024, 06:16 PM
AD getting outplayed by Nurkic :oldlol:

LeBron can't take a rest without them going down double digits again. Another year of this shit. :facepalm

Manny98
02-25-2024, 06:26 PM
Grayson Allen is a straight up SNIPER!

SATAN
02-25-2024, 06:39 PM
Nurkic has 18 rebounds. Absolutely destroying AD.

Manny98
02-25-2024, 06:40 PM
Come on Dinwiddie you got to ****ing hit those :facepalm

SATAN
02-25-2024, 06:40 PM
Nurkic obliterating Fool's Gold. :facepalm

bison
02-25-2024, 07:02 PM
I blame LeRoid for this loss. Terrible leadership down the stretch, left so many guys open.

Royce da 12” and Grayson cookin and carrying the snake.

tpols
02-25-2024, 07:02 PM
Grayson Allen saved the Suns when it looked like they were about to get come back on.

Full Court
02-25-2024, 07:03 PM
LeShrivel got outplayed by GRAYSON FREAKING ALLEN.

:roll::roll:

tpols
02-25-2024, 07:12 PM
AD with 4 points and 3 rebounds. Almost half time...

Fool's Gold playing like shit.

22/14 on 65% shooting with 3 blocks and 2 steals and the best +/- of any Laker starter.

And this was a down game. You guys are straight up spoiled.

SATAN
02-25-2024, 07:15 PM
22/14 on 65% shooting with 3 blocks and 2 steals and the best +/- of any Laker starter.

And this was a down game. You guys are straight up spoiled.

He got outplayed by Nurkic. The stats don't tell the half of it.

tpols
02-25-2024, 07:20 PM
He got outplayed by Nurkic. The stats don't tell the half of it.

Nurkic was great but I just looked at it again and AD had the best +/- of any Laker by far. The Suns basically went off anytime he wasn't on the court.

A double double with great efficiency and defense. And you're crying about it. :lol

Lakers lost because Grayson Allen went nuclear.

FultzNationRISE
02-25-2024, 07:22 PM
I blame LeRoid for this loss. Terrible leadership down the stretch, left so many guys open.

Royce da 12” and Grayson cookin and carrying the snake.

:roll:

SATAN
02-25-2024, 07:33 PM
Nurkic was great but I just looked at it again and AD had the best +/- of any Laker by far. The Suns basically went off anytime he wasn't on the court.

A double double with great efficiency and defense. And you're crying about it. :lol

AD was basically non existent for half the game.

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 08:09 PM

Do you really think that +\- is a really good indicator of value.

Full Court
02-25-2024, 08:10 PM
AD was basically non existent for half the game.

Maybe if you throw a big enough bitch fit you can change reality. :roll:

:lebroncry:

bison
02-25-2024, 08:19 PM

Phoenix scored 2.4 pts per minute with AD on the floor, and 5 pts per minute with AD off the floor. That’s an incredible defense impact. And this is with AD having to do double duty on both nurkic and KD. Not only did AD have to be responsible for the paint, he also had to help cover Reaves and D’Lo’s defensive weaknesses—a task that usually falls to Vando and Cam Reddish who were both out with injury. If AD doesn’t play, lakers lose this game by 40. You can tell who the low IQ box score watchers are when they say AD was ‘outplayed’ tonight.

tpols
02-25-2024, 08:19 PM
Do you really think that +\- is a really good indicator of value.

I didn't only use +/-. But playing 42 minutes and you're only a -2 in a 10 point loss? That means the opposing team went off when you were out.

Which is exactly what happened. I watched the game as well and the Suns extended the lead every time AD hit the bench which wasn't much... only 6 minutes of the whole game. That's the only sliver of time Pheonix needed to create separation.

What about that are you refuting?

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 08:24 PM
I didn't only use +/-. But playing 42 minutes and you're only a -2 in a 10 point loss? That means the opposing team went off when you were out.

Which is exactly what happened. I watched the game as well and the Suns extended the lead every time AD hit the bench which wasn't much... only 6 minutes of the whole game. That's the only sliver of time Pheonix needed to create separation.

What about that are you refuting?

Lol I know how the stat works. I was just asking you if you truly believe that +\- is really indicative.

Like you don’t know if he stayed in when the suns second unit was playing. Etc

tpols
02-25-2024, 08:26 PM
It's perfectly indicative. And Bison just showed the Suns scored at double the rate when AD hit the bench. He literally carries their entire defense AND put up 22/14 on 65% shooting.

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 08:28 PM
It's perfectly indicative. And Bison just showed the Suns scored at double the rate when AD hit the bench. He literally carries their entire defense AND put up 22/14 on 65% shooting.

So Lebron have a significantly higher +\- on the season than Davis means…?

He’s the more valuable Laker, yea?

SATAN
02-25-2024, 08:30 PM
Phoenix scored 2.4 pts per minute with AD on the floor, and 5 pts per minute with AD off the floor. That’s an incredible defense impact. And this is with AD having to do double duty on both nurkic and KD. Not only did AD have to be responsible for the paint, he also had to help cover Reaves and D’Lo’s defensive weaknesses—a task that usually falls to Vando and Cam Reddish who were both out with injury. If AD doesn’t play, lakers lose this game by 40. You can tell who the low IQ box score watchers are when they say AD was ‘outplayed’ tonight.

Even Richard Jefferson mentioned Nurkic outplaying AD. He said this at the end of the game.

You're looking through the stats desperately trying to find something positive while calling everyone else "box score watchers". You are clearly retarded.

tpols
02-25-2024, 08:36 PM
So Lebron have a significantly higher +\- on the season than Davis means…?

He’s the more valuable Laker, yea?

If he didn't sit out the tough matchups sure. But that's not the case. He left AD high and dry vs Golden State just a couple days ago and came back to flex on a lotto team the next day.

That's why we look at things on a case by case basis and provide context and explanation. Hence discussion in this thread about this particular game.

RRR3
02-25-2024, 08:44 PM
If he didn't sit out the tough matchups sure. But that's not the case. He left AD high and dry vs Golden State just a couple days ago and came back to flex on a lotto team the next day.

That's why we look at things on a case by case basis and provide context and explanation. Hence discussion in this thread about this particular game.
Desperately moving the goalposts :yaohappy:

CAUGHT

SATAN
02-25-2024, 08:46 PM

Suns are a tougher matchup for Lakers than GSW. You're trying to generalize and create a narrative while talking about "CaSe By CaSe BaSiS, tHiS pArTiCuLaR gAmE!!1!!!".

Full of shit.

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 08:48 PM
Someone trying to argue that +\- is more telling in individual games than over the course of a season.

That’s a new one :lol

tpols
02-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Well sure...

AD was a -16 vs Golden State when Lebron load managed despite dropping 27/15/3 on 60% shooting. That hurts AD's season +/- but he was left out there on the road alone.

Lebron comes back the next day vs a lotto team and is a game high +21. That skews things and is a microcosm of the bigger picture. I'm providing context behind the numbers for you fellas.

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 09:01 PM
Dig them heels in :lol

tpols
02-25-2024, 09:08 PM
I have no problem doing that especially when not a single point was refuted and all you guys have is one liners and smilies. :lol

SATAN
02-25-2024, 09:08 PM
Lebron comes back the next day vs a lotto team and is a game high +21. That skews things and is a microcosm of the bigger picture. I'm providing context behind the numbers for you fellas.

Who has the better +/- this season then? Since you're talking about the bigger picture and all...

LeBron has only missed 4 games more than him btw...

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 09:11 PM
I have no problem doing that especially when not a single point was refuted and all you guys have is one liners and smilies. :lol

:lol

How about this one. Lebron missed the game before the GS one against Utah and AD was +24.

He’s +8 in the 5 games he’s played without Lebron this year.

tpols
02-25-2024, 09:18 PM
:lol

How about this one. Lebron missed the game before the GS one against Utah and AD was +24.

He’s +8 in the 5 games he’s played without Lebron this year.

And Lebron is 0-3 without AD this year with an overall +/- of negative 58. This isn't going well for you. :lol

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 09:22 PM
And Lebron is 0-3 without AD this year with an overall +/- of negative 58. This isn't going well for you. :lol

Cute attempt to move the goal posts :lol

Your argument was that we should take +\- on a case-by-case basis because Lebron apparently has been ducking all of these good teams. I’ve proved (and you have inadvertently helped prove) that it hasn’t swayed things at all.

The large sample tells the story.

tpols
02-25-2024, 09:22 PM
That's actually crazy. -58 on the season without AD across only 3 games. That's 20 point blowout margins. :facepalm

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 09:30 PM
We’ve lost the plot here.

You were called out on something stupid and now are completely arguing something else perhaps in the hopes that I’d forget what we were talking about.

I’m not fooled :cheers:

tpols
02-25-2024, 09:32 PM
I'm actually glad you brought that up.

So on the season... AD is +8 without Lebron and Lebron is -58 without AD.

THAT is the plot. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 09:46 PM
I actually lied. Lebron is +83 on the year and AD is +23.

So if my math serves me correctly, that would mean that in the 50 games they've played together Lebron is up +116 on AD.

SATAN
02-25-2024, 09:53 PM
I actually lied. Lebron is +83 on the year and AD is +23.

So if my math serves me correctly, that would mean that in the 50 games they've played together Lebron is up +116 on AD.

trols doesn't wanna talk about the microcosm of the bigger picture. :lol

RRR3
02-25-2024, 10:01 PM
ttrolls gets destroyed everytime he tries to argue ANYTHING :yaohappy:

tpols
02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Listen, you brought this stuff up and educated me on it inspiring me to look at data beyond this particular game.

And what I see when I delved into it is AD and Lebron play most of their time together. Without AD Lebron is -58 on the court and 0-3. Conversely AD without Lebron is +8.

The Lakers were literally lotto before AD and champions the 1st season he arrived.

THAT is the big picture. :D

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 10:04 PM
I appreciate that you think you have this gotcha thing here, but I believe that AD is the most valuable player on the Lakers.

I was using this to argue your stupid initial point. And it now seems like you agree that it was stupid.

So yes…you’re welcome.

tpols
02-25-2024, 10:09 PM
The data literally agrees with your holistic viewpoint lmao. And I'm not surprised it does.

ShawkFactory
02-25-2024, 10:12 PM
The data literally agrees with your holistic viewpoint lmao. And I'm not surprised it does.

I know. I tend to pick up on things.

Your holistic viewpoints that we’ve come full circle on don’t agree with the data you’ve pushed though. May want to rethink some things.

bladefd
02-25-2024, 10:13 PM
Well sure...

AD was a -16 vs Golden State when Lebron load managed despite dropping 27/15/3 on 60% shooting. That hurts AD's season +/- but he was left out there on the road alone.

+/- is useful if comparing a player to himself throughout the year. The way you are using it from game to game basis is difficult to make sense. That's not typically how you look at +/-..

SATAN
02-25-2024, 10:16 PM
The Lakers were literally lotto before AD and champions the 1st season he arrived.

THAT is the big picture. :D

No it isn't. That's oversimplifying everything and being intellectually lazy.

Full Court
02-25-2024, 10:22 PM
No it isn't. That's oversimplifying everything and being intellectually lazy.

^Loser in denial. No AD, no playoffs. Truth hurts.

bladefd
02-25-2024, 10:23 PM
I'm actually glad you brought that up.

So on the season... AD is +8 without Lebron and Lebron is -58 without AD.

THAT is the plot. :oldlol:

Since we are already down this road, what are the numbers of both together?

Duffy Pratt
02-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Well sure...

LeBron frequently goes out early against the starters, and then comes in against the second unit. That boosts his +/-.

He also has ducked some of the better teams, again skewing the +/-.

And he has stayed in during garbage time and helps close leads which can’t be fully made up. He’s an absolute maestro at stat padding.

On top of all that, it’s fairly common for him to be pulled from the game before the other team shoots foul shots, and to enter the game before his team shoots foul shots. Like I said, a stat padding maestro.

Keno
02-25-2024, 10:44 PM
Los Angeles Lakers so far this season:

+91 with LeBron James ON court
-111 with LeBron James OFF court

via twitter, /thread

1987_Lakers
02-25-2024, 10:45 PM
I see that tpols is getting destroyed yet again. Nothing new. :oldlol:

Dude makes it too easy for people to make him look stupid.

NBAGOAT
02-25-2024, 10:46 PM
grayson is going get paid in free agency and most likely the suns have to resign him. Around 200 million for durant/booker/beal/nurkic/allen/oneale/little/gordon is disgusting when the 2nd apron is 189mil but tbf that roster is pretty good. Lakers meanwhile gotta hope for a good 3rd star to trade for during the offseason. They're not a title team.

SATAN
02-25-2024, 10:50 PM
Los Angeles Lakers so far this season:

+91 with LeBron James ON court
-111 with LeBron James OFF court

via twitter, /thread

:bowdown:

SATAN
02-25-2024, 10:52 PM
Like clockwork, here comes the tin foil. :roll:

RRR3
02-25-2024, 10:52 PM
tpols logged into his duffy pratt alt for backup :lol

tpols
02-25-2024, 10:54 PM
I don't need alts playboy. :pimp:

Never have and it's IP verified.

tpols
02-25-2024, 10:56 PM
LeBron frequently goes out early against the starters, and then comes in against the second unit. That boosts his +/-.

He also has ducked some of the better teams, again skewing the +/-.

And he has stayed in during garbage time and helps close leads which can’t be fully made up. He’s an absolute maestro at stat padding.

On top of all that, it’s fairly common for him to be pulled from the game before the other team shoots foul shots, and to enter the game before his team shoots foul shots. Like I said, a stat padding maestro.

I honestly feel like we underestimate Lebrons intelligence. :lol He's fully aware of all these little things going on and his number one concern is his legacy, not whatever team or city or players he happens to be with at the time. He literally knows exactly what he's doing.

tpols
02-25-2024, 10:57 PM
grayson is going get paid in free agency and most likely the suns have to resign him. Around 200 million for durant/booker/beal/nurkic/allen/oneale/little/gordon is disgusting when the 2nd apron is 189mil but tbf that roster is pretty good. Lakers meanwhile gotta hope for a good 3rd star to trade for during the offseason. They're not a title team.

Allen is a very good player for any team. High IQ, great shooter, and he plays tenacious defense (as a white guy to boot). There's no team he wouldn't improve.

1987_Lakers
02-25-2024, 11:00 PM
I honestly feel like we underestimate Lebrons intelligence. :lol He's fully aware of all these little things going on and his number one concern is his legacy, not whatever team or city or players he happens to be with at the time. He literally knows exactly what he's doing.

Yes, because people 20-30 years from now will look back at the time LeBron was in his 21st season as a 39 year old and check what games he sat out during the regular season and nitpick what was his +/- in the games he played and determine his legacy off of it. :lol

tpols
02-25-2024, 11:02 PM
They still do that for players to this day. I've seen conversation just this year about Shaq and Kobes records without each other from 20+ years ago. And it mightve been from you. :roll:

1987_Lakers
02-25-2024, 11:04 PM
They still do that for players to this day. I've seen conversation just this year about Shaq and Kobes records without each other from 20+ years ago. And it mightve been from you. :roll:

Nobody gives a shit about what past prime Shaq or post 2013 Kobe did on the court. LeBron isn't in his prime anymore, but still playing at a high level at the age when 99.9% of players are already retired, yet you are still threatened by him and criticize him for his current play any chance you get.

SATAN
02-25-2024, 11:10 PM
yet you are still threatened by him and criticize him for his current play any chance you get.

He is absolutely 100% threatened by him.

Hey Yo
02-25-2024, 11:52 PM
First time in Davis' career that he played 40+ minutes and didn't get to the line. Lakers didn't even get to the line in the 2nd half.

Full Court
02-26-2024, 12:07 AM
First time in Davis' career that he played 40+ minutes and didn't get to the line. Lakers didn't even get to the line in the 2nd half.

The Suns don't play defense. How are they going to send anyone to the line?

AussieSteve
02-26-2024, 12:16 AM

This adds to 131 points.

The Suns only scored 123 points.

If your going to make up random numbers, at least pick numbers that make sense.

bladefd
02-26-2024, 01:23 AM
Nobody gives a shit about what past prime Shaq or post 2013 Kobe did on the court. LeBron isn't in his prime anymore, but still playing at a high level at the age when 99.9% of players are already retired, yet you are still threatened by him and criticize him for his current play any chance you get.

Lebron is doing something unheard of in professional sports.

Vince Carter is the only player in history who played in a 22nd season. And he averaged 5ppg in mostly garbage time. Lebron is still an elite top 10 player capable of playing 40mpg, and tearing up elite players whenever he plays. Absolute nuts.

Brady is probably the only comparison.

Walk on Water
02-26-2024, 03:13 AM
Lebron is doing something unheard of in professional sports.

Vince Carter is the only player in history who played in a 22nd season. And he averaged 5ppg in mostly garbage time. Lebron is still an elite top 10 player capable of playing 40mpg, and tearing up elite players whenever he plays. Absolute nuts.

Brady is probably the only comparison.

KD?

bladefd
02-26-2024, 02:49 PM
KD?

Has he been playing since 2003? No. If he is averaging 25 ppg in 2030 while being a top 10 player, we can talk then.