PDA

View Full Version : I am officially renouncing my Suns fan card

highwhey
02-27-2024, 12:05 PM
I no longer want to be associated with this putrid and mediocre organization. I've never witnessed an organization aspire for such mediocrity, they do not long for a championship, with the exception of Grayson Allen, no one on that team has championship aspirations.

If I had been GM, this team would be 100x better. Why? I advocated for Luka Doncic back in 2017, and yes, it is documented. I advocated for Haliburton on draft day. I voted against the kd trade when I learned all the assets we gave away (our core and a bunch of picks).

In summary, this suns team would either have Luka or Hali and would be collecting W's hand over fist with either one instead of this sh1t show they have going on :facepalm

Even if they have a healthy Beal/KD/Book, i just don't see them making it past a couple of the top teams in the west. Nuggets and Dallas owns their souls.

elementally morale
02-27-2024, 12:10 PM
I remember you were pretty pumped up to start the season. It's okay though that's what's being a fan is about. But you were saying they had a good chance against the Nuggets based on last year's playoffs plus the Beal trade.

So here is the question for you: What changed? What made you change your mind?

warriorfan
02-27-2024, 12:12 PM
literally no one cares, there have been plenty of worse franchises in many professional sports

you just aren’t built for this

highwhey
02-27-2024, 12:17 PM
I remember you were pretty pumped up to start the season. It's okay though that's what's being a fan is about. But you were saying they had a good chance against the Nuggets based on last year's playoffs plus the Beal trade.

So here is the question for you: What changed? What made you change your mind?

management. i tried lying to myself that they can work it out, but this team seems so uninspired. i've gone to most home games and i just don't see them fighting. they seem very nonchalant and their coach is an idiot. they rely too heavily on the talent of their best 3 players, 1 of which can play defense. the new moves are decent, they got a 3&d wing that can rebound and capitalize on knocking down wide open 3's while the defense is busy with kd and book. but he's not enough. their center is garbage...oh wow, he can do handoffs and shit...so what? he can't guard anyone and is too slow to rotate.

Mask the Embiid
02-27-2024, 12:18 PM
Devin Booker and kd are very low iq players. This team needs someone like a cp3 to balance out the low iqs. This team will never win shit without a pg. you can’t have kd and d book running the show. Unless you have an Olympic level cast around them…..n even then you need someone with a iq like a jrue or mike Conley to balance that shit out….. because it’s a 90% chance they will not execute in the clutch and will just turn the ball over or chuck up a contested shot

If Devin Booker would just accept a (prime) klay Thompson role he would be a championship level player.

If kd would just accept that he is a weapon in an offense and not a decision maker he would be on a dynasty again. Kd is only optimal when he is weaponized against someone like a Lebron or Giannis. If you tell kd as a coach “yo kd, just replicate his stats as best u can”. THATS KD! That’s when he’s at his best. Just producing stats. When you tell him to run the offense and do this and that…that’s when he’s out of his element. He’s pretty much a slightly more efficient Carmelo Anthony when you don’t rein him in….a non championship level player in other words

highwhey
02-27-2024, 12:20 PM
i will say however, there's a chick that sits in the front rows that has MASSIVE t1ts, like observably the size of Texas BIG mommy milkers and she makes it a point to wear a top that shows her cleavage. i've seen her 5+ times, she's probably the most interesting part of the game in all honesty.

you ever do some sort of group project with friends or coworkers and you can just read their demeanor and immediately know ain't sh1t getting done today? yeah, that's the suns team.

highwhey
02-27-2024, 12:26 PM
literally no one cares, there have been plenty of worse franchises in many professional sports

you just aren’t built for this

you are correct, i am not built to withstand the consequences of a loser organization being managed by a loser hipster like james jones

when i whole-hartedly know i can make much better decisions

the guy is an idiot who has open admittedly to not believing in the nba draft

they are not acquiring new talent nor developing it. their sole goal is to acquired developed and matured players. lmk how that has worked out for anyone in history. because the last title winners have developed talent in house.

tpols
02-27-2024, 12:28 PM
Devin Booker and kd are very low iq players. This team needs someone like a cp3 to balance out the low iqs. This team will never win shit without a pg. you can’t have kd and d book running the show. Unless you have an Olympic level cast around them…..n even then you need someone with a iq like a jrue or mike Conley to balance that shit out…..

If Devin Booker would just accept a (prime) klay Thompson role he would be a championship level player.

If kd would just accept that he is a weapon in an offense and not a decision maker he would be on a dynasty again. Kd is only optimal when he is weaponized against someone like a Lebron or Giannis. If you tell kd as a coach “yo kd, just replicate his stats as best u can”. THATS KD! That’s when he’s at his best. Just producing stats. When you tell him to run the offense and do this and that…that’s when he’s out of his element. He’s pretty much Carmelo Anthony when you don’t rein him in….a non championship level player

Devin Booker is like twice the player klay is. He was putting up Jordan numbers in the playoffs last year. And Durant as well compared to Melo. Wierd take. Suns problem is they have no rim protection or Scrappy role players outside grayson Allen.

And honestly... the Suns should've won in 2021. Chris Paul's Game 4 killed them and would've been a dagger if he didn't choke so badly. Wasn't Books fault.

Full Court
02-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Devin Booker and kd are very low iq players. This team needs someone like a cp3 to balance out the low iqs. This team will never win shit without a pg. you can’t have kd and d book running the show. Unless you have an Olympic level cast around them…..n even then you need someone with a iq like a jrue or mike Conley to balance that shit out….. because it’s a 90% chance they will not execute in the clutch and will just turn the ball over or chuck up a contested shot

If kd would just accept that he is a weapon in an offense and not a decision maker he would be on a dynasty again. Kd is only optimal when he is weaponized against someone like a Lebron or Giannis. If you tell kd as a coach “yo kd, just replicate his stats as best u can”. THATS KD! That’s when he’s at his best. Just producing stats. When you tell him to run the offense and do this and that…that’s when he’s out of his element. He’s pretty much a slightly more efficient Carmelo Anthony when you don’t rein him in….a non championship level player in other words

How are you going to say that KD is a "non championship level player" when he won 2 FMVPs? That's the very definition of a championship level player.

Xiao Yao You
02-27-2024, 12:40 PM
Devin Booker is like twice the player klay is. He was putting up Jordan numbers in the playoffs last year. And Durant as well compared to Melo. Wierd take. Suns problem is they have no rim protection or Scrappy role players outside grayson Allen.

And honestly... the Suns should've won in 2021. Chris Paul's Game 4 killed them and would've been a dagger if he didn't choke so badly. Wasn't Books fault.

you ever heard of Royce O'Neale?

elementally morale
02-27-2024, 12:42 PM
i will say however, there's a chick that sits in the front rows that has MASSIVE t1ts, like observably the size of Texas BIG mommy milkers and she makes it a point to wear a top that shows her cleavage. i've seen her 5+ times, she's probably the most interesting part of the game in all honesty.

There is your incentive for next season. Much better than nothing.

tpols
02-27-2024, 12:54 PM
you ever heard of Royce O'Neale?

True forgot about royce. But he's a small forward. They literally have zero athleticism or defense at PF and C. Dallas had the same problem before they got Lively and Gafford.

Mask the Embiid
02-27-2024, 12:54 PM
How are you going to say that KD is a "non championship level player" when he won 2 FMVPs? That's the very definition of a championship level player.

Harrison Barnes won a ring with that warriors team wtf does that mean….
That was a curry led team

tpols
02-27-2024, 12:57 PM

Harrison Barnes didn't average 35 ppg in The Finals.

:roll:

He actually shot them out of 2016 in horrific fashion.

Xiao Yao You
02-27-2024, 12:59 PM
True forgot about royce. But he's a small forward. They literally have zero athleticism or defense at PF and C. Dallas had the same problem before they got Lively and Gafford.

played the 4 for the Jazz his last couple years. Wouldn't want him there but with the size they have on the wings it might work

Axe
02-27-2024, 01:12 PM
Well, they had their best chances to win it all three years ago. But they easily underestimated the bucks, a contending team prone to having their weaknesses exploited.

:oldlol:

What an absolute dumbass. Kd, despite how talented he is, was only able to win rings after he joined a superteam. Not surprised the braindead casual couldn't comprehend something so simple at all.

highwhey
02-27-2024, 01:13 PM
There is your incentive for next season. Much better than nothing.

:oldlol: i just hate management. that's it. we let too good of opportunities pass by.

Full Court
02-27-2024, 02:36 PM

Did Harrison Barnes win 2 FMVPs? Sure, it's Curry's team, but Durant had an equal or greater role in carrying the scoring load. To say he's not "championship level" is just silly.

Full Court
02-27-2024, 02:36 PM
Well, they had their best chances to win it all three years ago. But they easily underestimated the bucks, a contending team prone to having their weaknesses exploited.

What an absolute dumbass. Kd, despite how talented he is, was only able to win rings after he joined a superteam. Not surprised the braindead casual couldn't comprehend something so simple at all.

When you're walking through the park

And Axe is sitting on the bench

You better keep your distance

Or you'll end up cloaked in stench

:lebronamazed:

FultzNationRISE
02-27-2024, 03:02 PM
I think people just expect too much of them because of their “name brand” players. Theyre still, what, fifth in the stacked West? Theyre not having a BAD season. It’s just extremely competitive right now. And theyre not a juggernaut team in reality. People really should not have expected a ton more than this, fifth place is not that bad for what they are. Once again people discounted the importance of roles and fit, the way they did with Durant, Irving, and Harden, assuming that trio was a lock to start a dynasty. It’s not as simple as just throwing allstars together and thinking that makes the best team.

Im Still Ballin
02-27-2024, 03:34 PM
They can win it all if they get hot at the right time and are lucky enough with injuries. The same can be said for a handful of teams.

FultzNationRISE
02-27-2024, 03:51 PM
They can win it all if they get hot at the right time and are lucky enough with injuries. The same can be said for a handful of teams.

I think win it all is a bit much, I dont see them beating four playoff teams consecutively. Theyre not really above average in IQ and toughness. But with the right matchups and the right breaks I could see a couple series wins. I think conf finals is their ceiling, altho they could also get bounced in the first round.

Axe
02-27-2024, 04:47 PM
If kd's younger, they really can. (https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgJlaYykOeriV0g-CmztDbyLIB7OzQHuDISg&usqp=CAU)

highwhey
02-27-2024, 04:51 PM

no way dude. the team is badly constructed. their best defender is royce oneal lol. nurkic is not playoff material. their bench is weak. i don't see it. they fold like lawn chair when they face dallas wether kyrie is playing or not, Luka dominates them.

highwhey
02-27-2024, 04:57 PM
i really should have done this from the jump in 2018, buy a Luka jersey and root for my mans. he isn't a fake. he's an unstoppable force. will win at least one title mark my words.

Full Court
02-27-2024, 05:22 PM
I think people just expect too much of them because of their “name brand” players. Theyre still, what, fifth in the stacked West? Theyre not having a BAD season. It’s just extremely competitive right now. And theyre not a juggernaut team in reality. People really should not have expected a ton more than this, fifth place is not that bad for what they are. Once again people discounted the importance of roles and fit, the way they did with Durant, Irving, and Harden, assuming that trio was a lock to start a dynasty. It’s not as simple as just throwing allstars together and thinking that makes the best team.

They have no depth and no defense. No way they're getting past the second round of the playoffs. I'll be surprised if they make it past the first round.

HylianNightmare
02-27-2024, 05:58 PM
After your experience how would you describe bol bol to the casuals that swear up and down with more minutes he'd thrive

highwhey
02-27-2024, 06:16 PM
After your experience how would you describe bol bol to the casuals that swear up and down with more minutes he'd thrive

in his limited minutes he's very good for the team, but i suspect his production would decline drastically if he was given more minutes.

ArbitraryWater
02-27-2024, 06:18 PM
Odd time to pull the plug on them

FultzNationRISE
02-27-2024, 07:02 PM
They have no depth and no defense. No way they're getting past the second round of the playoffs. I'll be surprised if they make it past the first round.

That's my point. With a little bit of luck the conference finals is their ceiling, their most likely outcome is a first or second round out.

Full Court
02-27-2024, 07:58 PM
That's my point. With a little bit of luck the conference finals is their ceiling, their most likely outcome is a first or second round out.

In the few of their games that I've watched, my biggest takeaway is that Nurkic is utter trash. Losing Ayton was a huge mistake.

warriorfan
02-27-2024, 08:13 PM
Odd time to pull the plug on them

he’s probably coming off another relapse and redirecting his self loathing at his basketball team

it’s only a week or two after the all star break and he’s already thrown in the towel, jesus

good thing he is just a bandwagon fan, this dude hopped off just as easily as he hopped on

ArbitraryWater
02-27-2024, 10:39 PM
he’s probably coming off another relapse and redirecting his self loathing at his basketball team

it’s only a week or two after the all star break and he’s already thrown in the towel, jesus

good thing he is just a bandwagon fan, this dude hopped off just as easily as he hopped on

won 15 of last 21, time to denounce fandom...

Mask the Embiid
03-06-2024, 01:17 AM

Everything I said was the truth….but they don’t want to hear the truth

SATAN
03-06-2024, 01:32 AM
.......It happened again. :oldlol:

tontoz
03-06-2024, 09:42 AM
Havent watched the game yet but it looks like Nurkic did a good job on Joker.

Jimmy Rustler
03-06-2024, 10:01 AM
Not much of a fan if you jump ship when they go through a rough patch.

I'm still a Bulls fan even though they've been atrocious for a long time now.

rawimpact
03-06-2024, 10:13 AM
not sure anyone knows you or cares what team you follow

BarberSchool
03-06-2024, 11:29 PM
Suns been a really difficult team to cheer for since the home court game 7 debacle

BarberSchool
03-06-2024, 11:31 PM
Havent watched the game yet but it looks like Nurkic did a good job on Joker.
Been saying that’s likely the reason they signed him, specifically so they didn’t have to double Jokic in a series, a series they probably thought was likely…. But it doesn’t look so likely that they’ll be in a heated competitive series with Denver at this point lol

Jimmy Rustler
03-06-2024, 11:48 PM
Think about it...the Suns might have won the in season tournament if the refs hadn't hooked the Lakers up with a phantom time out call. And that means more than a real championship anyway, right?

LLL3
03-07-2024, 12:17 AM
I no longer want to be associated with this putrid and mediocre organization. I've never witnessed an organization aspire for such mediocrity, they do not long for a championship, with the exception of Grayson Allen, no one on that team has championship aspirations.

If I had been GM, this team would be 100x better. Why? I advocated for Luka Doncic back in 2017, and yes, it is documented. I advocated for Haliburton on draft day. I voted against the kd trade when I learned all the assets we gave away (our core and a bunch of picks).

In summary, this suns team would either have Luka or Hali and would be collecting W's hand over fist with either one instead of this sh1t show they have going on :facepalm

Even if they have a healthy Beal/KD/Book, i just don't see them making it past a couple of the top teams in the west. Nuggets and Dallas owns their souls.

Please keep in mind OP was in a raging alcoholic binge at the time he said would have done most of this stuff as GM, so he likely has no memory of what he was thinking back then and the excellent hindsight he recalls are likely from a dream during one of the many blackouts he was suffering at the time

Street Hunger
03-13-2024, 06:41 PM
It seems like this would be the year that the Suns would be taken seriously

wagexslave
03-13-2024, 07:44 PM
Not much of a fan if you jump ship when they go through a rough patch.

I'm still a Bulls fan even though they've been atrocious for a long time now.

Facts. I stuck through as a Suns fan all of last decade when everyone was blowing us out left and right, the whole rest of the league was using us as a laughing stock. Yet I still watched the draft, had hopes in free agency, watched preseason games, even watched summer league at times, just hoping for the team to be competitive again. And we are. So who am I to complain?

Shit all last decade I could only dream of watching guys like CP3 and KD want to join the Suns. D Book developing into an (arguably) top 10 player. Countless memorable games, and playoff series wins, and a finals appearance(even if we didn't win it). We've had ups and downs lately, but it's been fun, memorable basketball. Which is a whole lot better than winning 27 games a season.

I'm going to stick with my Suns no matter what happens. Whether they win a ring or not. A ring would be nice but it's not the end-all 1 thing that would justify my time spent being a fan of a team, I have fun and appreciate every little win. Shit, if anything once we win that 1st ring it's only going to feel sweeter thanks to how long we've been chasing it.

highwhey
03-13-2024, 08:36 PM
Facts. I stuck through as a Suns fan all of last decade when everyone was blowing us out left and right, the whole rest of the league was using us as a laughing stock. Yet I still watched the draft, had hopes in free agency, watched preseason games, even watched summer league at times, just hoping for the team to be competitive again. And we are. So who am I to complain?

Shit all last decade I could only dream of watching guys like CP3 and KD want to join the Suns. D Book developing into an (arguably) top 10 player. Countless memorable games, and playoff series wins, and a finals appearance(even if we didn't win it). We've had ups and downs lately, but it's been fun, memorable basketball. Which is a whole lot better than winning 27 games a season.

I'm going to stick with my Suns no matter what happens. Whether they win a ring or not. A ring would be nice but it's not the end-all 1 thing that would justify my time spent being a fan of a team, I have fun and appreciate every little win. Shit, if anything once we win that 1st ring it's only going to feel sweeter thanks to how long we've been chasing it.

i stuck with them through the really rough years and they fumbled not once, not twice, etc. could have had Luka, could have had Haliburton...but Suns are gonna do Suns things and fumble with no defender in sight. make bad picks for 10 straight years then make a finals appearance only to blow your load on the big stage then continue getting punked by a sing guy (Luka) LOL. Booker ain't sh1t. KD is washed and innefective as a leader. this roster is literally built like a 2k roster, that's the hilarious part that none of you seem to understand.

BTW, Suns are still a laughingstock. you can say to yourself in the corner of your room *if we had Beal or Book healthy we would have won* while everyone else laughs. nobody cares, health is not an excuse in 2024 when every other team has an injured star player.

wagexslave
03-13-2024, 10:03 PM
i stuck with them through the really rough years and they fumbled not once, not twice, etc. could have had Luka, could have had Haliburton...but Suns are gonna do Suns things and fumble with no defender in sight. make bad picks for 10 straight years then make a finals appearance only to blow your load on the big stage then continue getting punked by a sing guy (Luka) LOL. Booker ain't sh1t. KD is washed and innefective as a leader. this roster is literally built like a 2k roster, that's the hilarious part that none of you seem to understand.

BTW, Suns are still a laughingstock. you can say to yourself in the corner of your room *if we had Beal or Book healthy we would have won* while everyone else laughs. nobody cares, health is not an excuse in 2024 when every other team has an injured star player.

Really don't care, I'm happy with the team and still gonna continue to root for them.

Besides, idk why you're even acting like they're injured rn. They already got Booker and Beal back now. And as long as they can stay healthy, they are capable of beating any team. The west is going to be tough for every team and health will always be a factor. It's just a matter of getting hot and staying hot and healthy at the right time.

We always knew health was a big concern with this team and we were rolling the dice with this roster. It's kind of weird if that was a big shocker to you. But it's not like we were going to win anything if we went into another season with washed CP3, shitty Shamet, Bridges who we loved but isn't a championship #2 option, lazy bust Ayton, and Cam Johnson who required more money than he was worth to re-sign. So we took the risk and got KD and Beal, and made what little moves we could to try to improve the shitty depth. It is what it is.

You do what you gotta do though. Go be a Mavs fan or whatever(which is kind of funny cause almost all of your issues with the Suns are issues with them too, outside of drafting Luka). Just be sure to keep that energy if the Suns do better than you expect in the playoffs.

highwhey
03-14-2024, 12:15 AM
Really don't care, I'm happy with the team and still gonna continue to root for them.

Besides, idk why you're even acting like they're injured rn. They already got Booker and Beal back now. And as long as they can stay healthy, they are capable of beating any team. The west is going to be tough for every team and health will always be a factor. It's just a matter of getting hot and staying hot and healthy at the right time.

We always knew health was a big concern with this team and we were rolling the dice with this roster. It's kind of weird if that was a big shocker to you. But it's not like we were going to win anything if we went into another season with washed CP3, shitty Shamet, Bridges who we loved but isn't a championship #2 option, lazy bust Ayton, and Cam Johnson who required more money than he was worth to re-sign. So we took the risk and got KD and Beal, and made what little moves we could to try to improve the shitty depth. It is what it is.

You do what you gotta do though. Go be a Mavs fan or whatever(which is kind of funny cause almost all of your issues with the Suns are issues with them too, outside of drafting Luka). Just be sure to keep that energy if the Suns do better than you expect in the playoffs.

2nd roun exit mark my words.

and like i said, injuries ARE NOT an excuse.

bison
03-14-2024, 12:42 AM

I hate the Suns and their fans tbh but much respect to you for being a REAL team fan and not a player Stan :cheers: I miss jostling with team fans because that’s where the real pride, rivalry and honor is.

wagexslave
03-14-2024, 02:51 AM
2nd roun exit mark my words.

and like i said, injuries ARE NOT an excuse.

I hate to break it to you, but every sports team fanbase has fans who make excuses when their team has an injury disadvantage compared to the team they lost to. People are always going to wonder how the game would have went differently if they were at full strength, that's just normal. You think no Mavs fans made any excuses when they lost to us when Kyrie was out earlier this year? I personally saw some doing it on Twitter. And I didn't have any issue with it.

If anything the Suns fanbase has the biggest reasoning to accept our fate if we lose because of injuries, because we knew that this team was going to be risky with so many injury prone guys. But I'm sure some people would still be upset and make excuses. That's just how sports fans are.

wagexslave
03-14-2024, 03:04 AM
I hate the Suns and their fans tbh but much respect to you for being a REAL team fan and not a player Stan :cheers: I miss jostling with team fans because that’s where the real pride, rivalry and honor is.

:cheers: Tbh I can't even blame you, there's been plenty of Suns fans that made me cringe too. I get it.

Especially in 2021 when the team finally went from dogshit to relevant again, a bunch of immature ass fans came out of the woodworks and were acting out, saying shit out of line on social media, and overall I could tell most of them didn't stick through last decade.

Probably most of them were kids/teens who grew up when the Suns were awful in the 2010's but with the team finally back in the playoffs those kids finally had a reason to hop on the bandwagon. So I just ignored them for the most part and boiled it down to immaturity. But they were annoying nonetheless, and I hated being grouped in with them lol.

highwhey
04-10-2024, 11:10 AM
https://thefader-res.cloudinary.com/private_images/w_1440,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto:best/eholland_future_1_il7lfj/future-the-wizrd-video-interview.jpg

Stephonit
04-10-2024, 11:42 AM
May I make a suggestion? Give in to the dark side. Become a Warriors fan.

highwhey
04-29-2024, 10:05 PM
I hate to break it to you, but every sports team fanbase has fans who make excuses when their team has an injury disadvantage compared to the team they lost to. People are always going to wonder how the game would have went differently if they were at full strength, that's just normal. You think no Mavs fans made any excuses when they lost to us when Kyrie was out earlier this year? I personally saw some doing it on Twitter. And I didn't have any issue with it.

If anything the Suns fanbase has the biggest reasoning to accept our fate if we lose because of injuries, because we knew that this team was going to be risky with so many injury prone guys. But I'm sure some people would still be upset and make excuses. That's just how sports fans are.

oof, you ok pal?

highwhey
04-29-2024, 10:07 PM
equired more money than he was worth to re-sign. So we took the risk and got KD and Beal, and made what little moves we could to try to improve the shitty depth. It is what it is.

:roll::roll::roll:

schwept like a mofo

nightlight
04-29-2024, 10:48 PM
:roll::roll::roll:

schwept like a mofo

You just can't help yourself slob

Stalking Suns fans just like you did the instagram of the poor girl that broke up with you

Axe
04-29-2024, 11:26 PM
You just can't help yourself slob

Stalking Suns fans just like you did the instagram of the poor girl that broke up with you
Crack pipe called. It hasn't touched your lips and felt your hands for sometime now.