PDA

View Full Version : History may prove Harden right.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2024, 12:27 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2402292156010314.jpeg

FultzNationRISE
02-29-2024, 12:36 PM
Theres no loyalty in da game these days. Lebron is the last of a dyin breed :pimp:

Real Men Wear Green
02-29-2024, 12:41 PM
Morey had made himself a reputation for lying but as much money as there is for the players it likely doesn't matter much. This offseason we will that get put to the test, they'll have Embiid, Maxey, and the cap space for a third star. So knowing that Morey is a liar does Paul George or some other star still take that money and a shot at a championship? I think they'll still get the best available free agent (provided Embiid doesn't get ruined).

tontoz
02-29-2024, 12:49 PM
It is just dumb for a GM to make promises like that to players. It is literally his job to make trades so just STFU.

Kblaze8855
02-29-2024, 01:57 PM
Exactly. What’s the real Downside of telling somebody I have no plans to trade you, but you never know what happens if somebody gets desperate? I get it if it’s a young free agent, you’re trying to get to commit long-term. But Houston Chris? Just be real.

HylianNightmare
02-29-2024, 02:00 PM
Millionaires

Kblaze8855
02-29-2024, 02:01 PM
If I remember correctly Steve Smith went to his GM in Portland to ask if rumors of him being shopped were true and he was assured he wasn’t going anywhere. So he goes home and finds out he was traded on the way back.

At the time the report was that he asked to be traded but he said in an interview a few years ago he was totally blindsided.

Who knows who is lying there.

tontoz
02-29-2024, 03:16 PM
I like the way the Wizards handled things with Kuzma and Jones. They just kept them informed about what was going on and didn't make any promises. They told them up front that if we get a deal we like we're doing it. When they had a marginal deal to send Kuzma to Dallas they let Kuzma decide.

Wardell Curry
02-29-2024, 03:23 PM
Control freaks worried that the traded party finding out may throw a monkey wrench into things. Or not wanting to face someone and be the bad guy/putting that off as much as possible. Perceiving that said player might not be fully bought in if you tell them you're trying to trade them.

It all boils down to control.

Everyone has a control problem. The way that manifests precisely varies from person to person but everyone wants their own personalized version of control.

People are liars.

Nowoco
02-29-2024, 03:32 PM
I'm trying to imagine a scenario where I care what James Harden has to say about anything. I can't.

Wardell Curry
02-29-2024, 03:32 PM
I'm trying to imagine a scenario where I care what James Harden has to say about anything. I can't.

:roll:

L.Kizzle
02-29-2024, 05:58 PM
Nobody thought Harden lied.
This happens (unfortunately) all the time and will continue to happen.
Jrue Holliday this season, Steve Smith. Even top 10 player all time om Shaq.

Axe
02-29-2024, 07:09 PM
When he became a gm, dunleavy said jordan poole wouldn't get traded. Yet immediately traded him away when he learned that cp3 was in the market. Apparently they thought that he'll save the dynasty from crumbling lmao.

Full Court
02-29-2024, 09:29 PM
If it ain't written in the contract, it doesn't matter. That's the reality. Every player should know that.