PDA

View Full Version : Females as commentators and color analysts. When is it going to stop?

tomtucker
03-11-2024, 03:23 PM
Nothing worse than hearing a female talk over a two hour long sporting event..... when are ESPN and the other crap companies going to stop with their agenda?

men’s sports league, male fans, historically great male commentators that the fans vibe with and appreciate their cadence.

why throw in so many female commentators all of a sudden?

The high pitched voices are annoying and not what anyone is looking for when it comes to chilling and watching an NBA game on TV.
Everyone prefer male voices for male sports!
You all know and remember the iconic commentators.

It’s the vibe we want and no one should apologize for it.

Norcaliblunt
03-11-2024, 03:35 PM
They need to get rid of the color analyst all together and just run a simulcast of the radio play by play.

FKAri
03-11-2024, 03:37 PM
I can't stand the male commentators either. Next Bang I hear better be the gun to his head.

They need to get rid of the color analyst all together and just run a simulcast of the radio play by play.

I actually want the opposite of this. Get rid of those numbnuts and keep just color guys. But the good ones. Bad color guys like that players only shit they tried was a disaster.

Hey Yo
03-11-2024, 04:55 PM
Nothing worse than hearing a female talk over a two hour long sporting event..... when are ESPN and the other crap companies going to stop with their agenda?

men’s sports league, male fans, historically great male commentators that the fans vibe with and appreciate their cadence.

why throw in so many female commentators all of a sudden?

The high pitched voices are annoying and not what anyone is looking for when it comes to chilling and watching an NBA game on TV.
Everyone prefer male voices for male sports!
You all know and remember the iconic commentators.

It’s the vibe we want and no one should apologize for it.

Preach on brother!!

SATAN
03-11-2024, 06:45 PM
The worst male commentators are worse than the worst female commentators imo.

Xiao Yao You
03-11-2024, 07:22 PM
I don't care most of them. Got spoiled early on with Rod Rod Hundley

Jasper
03-11-2024, 11:53 PM
espn / abc have the worst commentaries ....

They got rid of Von gondy .... now we just hit scrap yard edition.

Xiao Yao You
03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
espn / abc have the worst commentaries ....

They got rid of Von gondy .... now we just hit scrap yard edition.

yeah I liked Van Gundy except when Mark Jackson was there too

warriorfan
03-12-2024, 12:34 AM
they had some women doing sports talk last radio weekend and I was listening for a little while driving. they got super catty with each other about dak prescott shit. i actually had a laugh and it was surprisingly entertaining

Duffy Pratt
03-12-2024, 12:41 AM
Seems to me that the women are just as vapid as the men. But at least Doc Rivers got a coaching job, so I don’t have to listen to his BS anymore.

Axe
03-12-2024, 12:49 AM
Of the ladies, burke has the worst voice of all.

bison
03-12-2024, 02:10 PM
Doris Burke is one of the sexiest women on the planet. I could listen to her call games all day. Lisa Byington is also good on the mic. Women are more professional and stick to the topic of basketball whereas men like JVG and Mark Jackson go off on tangents because they are clearly bored of basketball. Also Mike Breen is a JEW and a homosexual.

Norcaliblunt
03-12-2024, 04:10 PM
I can't stand the male commentators either. Next Bang I hear better be the gun to his head.

I actually want the opposite of this. Get rid of those numbnuts and keep just color guys. But the good ones. Bad color guys like that players only shit they tried was a disaster.

I respect and appreciate the art and craft of radio play by play. To me it’s refreshing hearing a skilled old school radio announcer call games. It’s almost more enjoyable listening to games than watching sometimes.

I wish YouTube had more dudes calling games. There’s probably laws against streaming your own play by play though.

TheMan
03-12-2024, 04:41 PM
I don't care most of them. Got spoiled early on with Rod Rod Hundley

Hot Rod Hundley

Xiao Yao You
03-12-2024, 06:10 PM
Hot Rod Hundley

FKAri
03-12-2024, 09:57 PM
I respect and appreciate the art and craft of radio play by play. To me it’s refreshing hearing a skilled old school radio announcer call games. It’s almost more enjoyable listening to games than watching sometimes.

I wish YouTube had more dudes calling games. There’s probably laws against streaming your own play by play though.

It's perfect for baseball. You can replay it in your head as you're hearing it. Basketball might be the worst sport for it. So much so that the commentary isn't even about conveying information. It's more like a hype man warming up a crowd.

warriorfan
03-12-2024, 09:59 PM
It's perfect for baseball. You can replay it in your head as you're hearing it. Basketball might be the worst sport for it. So much so that the commentary isn't even about conveying information. It's more like a hype man warming up a crowd.

you just hyped Tim Roye so hard

for a minute they took jim barnett off tv and paired him with tim roye

that was a goat level duo