PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick & LeBron James podcast "Mind the Game" episode 1

Wardell Curry
03-19-2024, 07:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2XVtWfancQ

I expect this to be a relative flop. JJ was hitting on something when he posed the question on First take: "Do the fans want to be educated or not?" The obvious answer is mostly not. Fans want to be entertained above all else.

It's not as straight to the point as Kobe's analysis that aired years ago called "Detail" but it's worth a listen. Redick does say that episode 2 will be a lot more X's & O's, to be fair though.

Manny98
03-19-2024, 09:33 AM
LeBron is a basketball genius, this is a must watch for anyone wanting to learn more insight of the game of basketball

SATAN
03-19-2024, 09:36 AM
We Done Wit Da 90s!!

CurryOverLebron
03-19-2024, 05:05 PM
Hopefully Bron shares his PED stack!

Mask the Embiid
03-19-2024, 07:34 PM
Mind the game podcast with jj redick :oldlol:. Why the hell would he do a iq podcast with jj fking redick. Redick is one of the lowest iq players ever. All he did was run around the court chucking contested 3’s, the dude couldn’t even make a simple bound pass half the time. Why not do a podcast with rondo or jokic or draymond (if you wanted to do a podcast with someone who already has a podcast). Hell even Jeremy Lin would have been a better choice.

It would be like doing an art of shooting podcast with Jeff green or something …foh this is so random

Chuckbe
03-19-2024, 08:21 PM
Mind the game podcast with jj redick :oldlol:. Why the hell would he do a iq podcast with jj fking redick. Redick is one of the lowest iq players ever. All he did was run around the court chucking contested 3’s, the dude couldn’t even make a simple bound pass half the time. Why not do a podcast with rondo or jokic or draymond (if you wanted to do a podcast with someone who already has a podcast). Hell even Jeremy Lin would have been a better choice.

It would be like doing an art of shooting podcast with Jeff green or something …foh this is so random

:applause:

SATAN
03-19-2024, 09:32 PM

:facepalm

Wally450
03-20-2024, 12:49 PM

Are you oay?

Airupthere
03-20-2024, 12:58 PM
More narcissistic shit from lebron :oldlol:

Airupthere
03-20-2024, 01:03 PM
JJ: Can you develop basketball IQ at the highest level?

Bran: They told me I had the uncanny ability to process information faster than anyone they've ever seen.

Kblaze8855
03-21-2024, 11:20 AM
I know I’ve dabbled in having a high opinion of oneself. Fundamentally I’m OK with it. Especially when someone has earned it as thoroughly as LeBron has obviously earned the right to have a high opinion of his basketball playing. That said the clips I have seen are still probably the most narcissistic thing I have ever seen from an athlete who I don’t think is doing it as a bit. And I say that having read more than one of Wilt Chamberlain‘s books.

He is leaning so heavily into being a douche I almost have to assume it is a bit…but I really think he’s serious.

RRR3
03-21-2024, 11:39 AM
I know I’ve dabbled in having a high opinion of oneself. Fundamentally I’m OK with it. Especially when someone has earned it as thoroughly as LeBron has obviously earned the right to have a high opinion of his basketball playing. That said the clips I have seen are still probably the most narcissistic thing I have ever seen from an athlete who I don’t think is doing it as a bit. And I say that having read more than one of Wilt Chamberlain‘s books.

He is leaning so heavily into being a douche I almost have to assume it is a bit…but I really think he’s serious.
Seething.

dankok8
03-21-2024, 01:01 PM
Pretty good podcast actually. I enjoyed listening to it and loved the part when Bron said most players can't flip plays in their head. :lol

Kblaze8855
03-21-2024, 01:43 PM
Pretty good podcast actually. I enjoyed listening to it and loved the part when Bron said most players can't flip plays in their head. :lol

and he points out that he could Do it when he was eight

Airupthere
03-21-2024, 02:00 PM
Imagine a kid asking Tyson for boxing tips on how to have power in both hands and Tyson answering by saying, when I was 8 I could already put cows to sleep with my punch. Some boxers now can't even do it, but I could at a young age and people said I was the strongest they've seen. How insightful from a boxing perspective.

Wow, this show is purely about basketball? JJ, not calling out that BS? And still you wonder why you dont get a wider audience.

SATAN
03-21-2024, 06:19 PM
and me should point out that he could Do it when he was eight

LeProdigy.

iamgine
03-21-2024, 08:00 PM
What's so special about flipping plays? I'm not surprised if many 8 years old could do it. It's the same play just reversed.

FultzNationRISE
03-21-2024, 09:41 PM

Lebron knew you were going to say this. He told everyone you were gonna say it even before you said it.

Street Hunger
03-25-2024, 11:15 PM
It's strange for current NBA players to have current podcasts

Wardell Curry
03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Wow, this show is purely about basketball? JJ, not calling out that BS? And still you wonder why you dont get a wider audience.

Well given your unhinged repeated responses to LeBron's bologna coming out of his mouth, it's pretty obvious that JJ's question was answered before the podcast started. Fans only want to be entertained, they don't care about learning anything. Getting an emotional reaction from people is far more powerful for profitability and eyeballs than giving a fundamental analysis of on court play.

JJ doesn't wonder why analysis doesn't get more play. He knows. He just wants to vent about it, and this podcast is his way of doing just that.

Im Still Ballin
03-26-2024, 11:59 AM
Lebron knew you were going to say this. He told everyone you were gonna say it even before you said it.

:bowdown:

Lisan Al Bron!

WhiteKyrie
03-26-2024, 04:22 PM
Basically him and his Klutch / Uninterrupted lap dog using this, like Uninterrupted and the Shop before it, as a narrative spinning / circle jerk of yes men throwing shade at previous eras and players and knob slobbing LeBron. Never once addressing ANY of his flaws as a player or person.

WhiteKyrie
03-26-2024, 04:40 PM
It's strange for current NBA players to have current podcasts

Agreed. Wish the league would tell them no can do until they retire

Kblaze8855
03-27-2024, 10:48 AM
https://x.com/brongotgame/status/1772956451805249809?s=46&t=6wC01e_jvrTUpW4eOxrXKA

Lebron discussing the idea of having “A bag” and the love of one on one ball. Some believe he’s talking about Devin Booker when he mentioned a player asking not to be doubled.

Kblaze8855
03-27-2024, 10:50 AM
Agreed. Wish the league would tell them no can do until they retire

You think the league can overrule a player wanting to talk about basketball or life on his own time? They wouldn’t even put themselves in position for that legal defeat.

Wardell Curry
03-27-2024, 11:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSjimpC0fk8

Jasper
03-27-2024, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2XVtWfancQ

this stuff has always been more interesting to me , when I played playground, as well as school.
That is why I always thought playing in a set - school was easier than playground , cause some of the guys banked on their talent

sdot_thadon
03-27-2024, 10:01 PM
Will watch the 2nd one when I get a chance. I liked the 1st episode and it's clearly successful already as far as views go. I imagine it does what all things LeBron do. His fans will love it, his haters will find something to criticize from it and Mj stans will weep. I've always been a fan of anytime players of any sport pull back the curtain. I mean they should be the resident experts right? It always bothered me that once great players went into TV gigs they really couldn't add any more depth to analysis besides "I was great so my opinion matters" I wonder how in depth he can get without giving away stuff to the opponents or has it always been things everyone knows but still can't stop?

SATAN
03-27-2024, 10:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSjimpC0fk8

This was a good episode. LeBron and JJ are doing a massive service for basketball fans with this stuff, especially youngins who might not grasp what's going on when they watch games. I don't know how anyone could hate on it.

CountDracula
03-27-2024, 11:36 PM
And so it begins... and so it begins!

https://i.ibb.co/HdzpJsK/C671-ADDA-3516-4606-A783-EEC9562-CD546.gif (https://imgbb.com/)