PDA

View Full Version : I miss the college teams of the past

pandiani17
03-24-2024, 01:28 PM
I miss when NCAA teams were made of NBA-ready junior and senior players that could have gone to the league but stayed in college to win that National Championship. I remember when Duke in 2001 or Maryland in 2002 won it with rosters filled with upperclassmen. Nowadays they are full of one-and-done players who just use the college to showcase their skills before earning the big bucks.

ShawkFactory
03-24-2024, 02:22 PM
That hasn’t really been the case the last few years. It was rampant from like 07-15.

NIL is incentivizing people to stay longer and people are figuring out that upper classmen tend to play more winning basketball

90sgoat
03-24-2024, 06:54 PM
Yeah, one and done is disrespectful to the colleges.

Colleges should be for players who ideally aim to get a full college degree or at least pretend to want to get the college experience.

ShawkFactory
03-24-2024, 08:59 PM
Yeah, one and done is disrespectful to the colleges.

Colleges should be for players who ideally aim to get a full college degree or at least pretend to want to get the college experience.

Is it though? I’m not a huge fan of the one and done thing for other reasons but superstars coming to colleges give them exposure and enormous financial gains.

I think they’re okay with it.

90sgoat
03-24-2024, 11:17 PM
Is it though? I’m not a huge fan of the one and done thing for other reasons but superstars coming to colleges give them exposure and enormous financial gains.

I think they’re okay with it.

Yeah colleges are fine, but fans shouldn't be.

The college fans should want one of their own to play. I don't care if they assign you a nerd, but you can't just be a semi-professional for one year. Who cares then?

Street Hunger
04-12-2024, 11:55 AM
I wish every good player stayed in college for two seasons instead of just one.

90sgoat
04-12-2024, 04:51 PM
I wish every good player stayed in college for two seasons instead of just one.

How about giving a better rookie contract based on your age? Makes sense right?

If you come into the league as a 28 year old euro, shouldn't you be allowed a better contract than a 19 year old high schooler? Likewise a senior from college should be allowed a better contract. You gave up money.