PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous take or no?

Kblaze8855
04-03-2024, 02:48 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2404040015490095.jpeg

ShawkFactory
04-03-2024, 02:56 PM
I suppose it's not an outrageous take. Because as you always say, the margins between these top guys are so thin that it often comes down to team construction, coaching, various personalities within the organization, etc.

I personally would rather have Steph because I think he came with less drama.

As the league is currently constructed I wouldn't consider someone crazy for choosing Luka though.

tpols
04-03-2024, 03:07 PM
Both great players but Lukas style in place of curry doesn't fit with Golden State back then. Dray and Iggy spotting up while he pounds the rock isn't a winning formula imo.

There's a very thin line separating the best of the best. There are situations Luka would be better in and also situations Curry would be better in.

The only conclusion I can take out of this after watching the tape is that they are both apart of the evolution of Supreme basketball skill and we are done with the older eras of right hand spam dribbling and sagging defenses.

j3lademaster
04-03-2024, 03:15 PM
Not a hot take at all. I personally like Curry because his game's just so portable, you can put him in any offense and we will make it exponentially better. But Luka in his limited playoff showing has shown that he's a gamer and is able to impose his will physically.

Jasper
04-03-2024, 03:22 PM
what place are the Mavs in ???

Wars all most never saw anything but first place

/

tontoz
04-03-2024, 03:24 PM
Curry was the only unanimous MVP in league history, in a league with prime KD/Lebron and healthy Kawhi, so yeah that is a pretty lame take.

tpols
04-03-2024, 03:40 PM
Curry was the only unanimous MVP in league history, in a league with prime KD/Lebron and healthy Kawhi, so yeah that is a pretty lame take.

Yea but he crumpled in the playoffs in a way we haven't seen from Luka yet.

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 03:54 PM

So your opinion is based on the media's opinion...?

And yes, of course it is reasonable for a given person to prefer any one of the top players over another one.

tontoz
04-03-2024, 04:00 PM
So your opinion is based on the media's opinion...?

And yes, of course it is reasonable for a given person to prefer any one of the top players over another one.

That and the fact that Curry had the best advanced stats in the league across the board. Curry also led the league in ppg, TS and steals.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2024, 04:06 PM

You imagine that if you polled the people who voted him mvp they would say he was the best player in the league at the time? I don’t know that they would. It isn’t really the same question is it?

tontoz
04-03-2024, 04:16 PM
You imagine that if you polled the people who voted him mvp they would say he was the best player in the league at the time? I don’t know that they would. It isn’t really the same question is it?

You could argue that "best player" would need to prove it for more than 1 season......oh wait Steph won the MVP the year before too. Never mind.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2024, 04:20 PM
You could argue that "best player" would need to prove it for more than 1 season......oh wait Steph won the MVP the year before too. Never mind.

And The people who gave it to him that year routinely said the best player in the league was LeBron then as well. There is a clear distinction Made by the people giving out the award. Would you disagree? Even if you don’t think there should be a distinction, it clearly exists. It’s entirely possible the MVP is about to go to someone else not generally believed to be the best player in the league.

It’s not that uncommon.

tontoz
04-03-2024, 04:47 PM
And The people who gave it to him that year routinely said the best player in the league was LeBron then as well. There is a clear distinction Made by the people giving out the award. Would you disagree? Even if you don’t think there should be a distinction, it clearly exists. It’s entirely possible the MVP is about to go to someone else not generally believed to be the best player in the league.

It’s not that uncommon.

Everyone has their own criteria for the MVP. There never was a clear directive from the league what the parameters were. In theory a voter can just vote for the best player on his favorite team.

But when one player gets all the first place votes that gives a pretty clear indication that they feel he is the best player, not to mention the overwhelming statistical advantage Steph had over everyone else.

I don't buy the notion that there were a lot of people who voted for Steph in 2016 who didn't think he was the best player.

SouBeachTalents
04-03-2024, 05:01 PM
Imo if there was a poll given in 2016 asking who the best player was, at least during the regular season, I do think Steph would get the vast majority of the votes. He was so phenomenal individually, while leading his team to a record most people assumed would never be broken. He even had the championship hardware for those insistent on rings being a requirement.

After the Finals though, it'd be hard to say LeBron didn't emphatically take that mantle back.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2024, 05:18 PM
I suppose it comes down to the time you generally mean when you ask those questions. When I ask who the best player was in 2011 Does the general answer from that time of LeBron come to your head first or do you think about Dirk? It kind of varies by season doesn’t it? Hakeem was the best player in 1995. An unbelievable amount of people during the season in 1995 would’ve said David Robinson. He also won MVP. Hakeem was 5th. 4th among centers even. But Hakeem feels like the answer.

how often would you say the answer people might give you in March supersedes the answer that immediately comes to your head when you ask yourself the question?

For the record I don’t care if anyone thinks Curry was better in 2016 than Luka is now. I assumed that would be the general answer which is why I was compelled to ask when I saw so many people saying they agreed Luka was better.

The actual answer doesn’t bug me either way. As usual I’m more interested in the process and the weeds around the question.

Now I’m thinking….

What do we generally mean when we say somebody was the best player in a season?

The changes so much by year. Like I think Kobe would probably win that poll during the 2006 season. But an awful lot of people call it wades year. I still think he’d lose to Kobe in a poll now but I’m not sure he loses it in June 06. Seems we take the season as a whole that year.

But 2011? 97? Anyone repping Embiid as the best last year? Doesn’t seem like it. But he was unproven. Duncan was unproven going into the 99 playoffs but left a made man. 99 Duncan’s year? Or the unproven at the time Shaq or MVP Malone who got embarrassed?

It kinda just…takes on a life of its own. Nothing across the board seems to govern it like the mvp award itself.

Wardell Curry
04-03-2024, 05:59 PM
Yeah it's pretty outrageous because if the guy that posted that actually watched the games he would know how far beyond boxscores Curry's game went.

There is no way through traditional basic stats to track how good Curry was at his peak.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 06:05 PM
Yeah it's pretty outrageous because if the guy that posted that actually watched the games he would know how far beyond boxscores Curry's game went.

There is no way through traditional basic stats to track how good Curry was at his peak.

Yeah

Big time low iq thread

Axe
04-03-2024, 06:05 PM
2016 curry blew a 3-1 lead in the finals with a 73-win team, when he couldn't get past over the mighty defense of delly bt. :ohwell:

SATAN
04-03-2024, 07:38 PM
Nah we aren't going to start forgetting how good prime Curry was. Very outrageous take.

John8204
04-03-2024, 08:14 PM
I think we all kinda know that Luka is black listed from the MVP's partly due to his age also his geography. It's going to be weird next season with Jokic definately not getting a 4th MVP

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:24 PM
Nah we aren't going to start forgetting how good prime Curry was. Very outrageous take.

In the regular season, sure. He could have probably had a bunch more single game records if he and the other starters werent sitting out the whole 4th so often. And yes Curry was a big part of that and deserves credit for it.

But there's also a reason the reputation exists that in big games, it was often Curry's teammates grinding back from a deficit or building a lead while Steph disappeared, and then once the Warriors were back in the driver's seat Curry would hit a shot or two and start prancing around. Sometimes getting so excited by frontrunning he'd throw a stupidly casual behind the back pass out of bounds in a big moment.

So let's not forget BOTH sides of the Curry coin.

If someone wants to take the game's current leading scorer and a pure playoff killer like Doncic over a sus, prancing, skipping, disappearing, pouting, returning, shimmying, 1/5 FMVP Curry, I dont think that's "very outrageous."

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 08:28 PM
In the regular season, sure. He could have probably had a bunch more single game records if he and the other starters werent sitting out the whole 4th so often. And yes Curry was a big part of that and deserves credit for it.

But there's also a reason the reputation exists that in big games, it was often Curry's teammates grinding back from a deficit or building a lead while Steph disappeared, and then once the Warriors were back in the driver's seat Curry would hit a shot or two and start prancing around. Sometimes getting so excited by frontrunning he'd throw a stupidly casual behind the back pass out of bounds in a big moment.

If someone wants to take the game's current leading scorer and a pure playoff killer like Doncic over a sus, prancing, skipping, disappearing, pouting, returning, shimmying, 1/5 FMVP Curry, I dont think that's "outrageous."

this is low iq false narrative nonsense that can’t be backed up by any sort of facts

nice try though

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:28 PM
this is low iq false narrative nonsense that can’t be backed up by any sort of facts

nice try though

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Snellen_chart.svg

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 08:31 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9f/Snellen_chart.svg

show any sort of stats that back up anything you are saying

but you can’t since this was just some weird rant that came out of your head

Carbine
04-03-2024, 08:37 PM
It is a ridiculous take. No different than when Harder was "the best scorer ever" during his big ppg season. Charles said that on live TV.

Ultimately that proved to be absolutely untrue and just in the moment type shit.

Currys brand of basketball is far superior to Luka. That will be proven once again in the playoffs - where it matters.

Steph allows organic team play. Actually, he doesn't allow it he inspires it. Enhances it.

Luka ball, Harden ball, that shit ball gets exposed when it's winning time. And very hard to build a super team around because one ball.

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:38 PM
In his playoff career, Stephen Curry has shot 0-10 on go ahead shots in the last 45 seconds. (through 2022) (https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/13c23es/in_his_playoff_career_stephen_curry_has_shot_010/)

Lebron is 9-18 under the same criteria btw.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 08:38 PM
It is a ridiculous take. No different than when Harder was "the best scorer ever" during his big ppg season. Charles said that on live TV.

Ultimately that proved to be absolutely untrue and just in the moment type shit.

Currys brand of basketball is far superior to Luka. That will be proven once again in the playoffs - where it matters.

Steph allows organic team play. Actually, he doesn't allow it he inspires it. Enhances it.

Luka ball, Harden ball, that shit ball gets exposed when it's winning time. And very hard to build a super team around because one ball.

Fultz has always made countless posts about how “hero ball” is such a detrimental style of play

Guess his eye test lacks some consistency

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:42 PM

Steve Nash's "brand of basketball" is far superior to MJ's.

Is he the better player?

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 08:43 PM
In his playoff career, Stephen Curry has shot 0-10 on go ahead shots in the last 45 seconds. (https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/13c23es/in_his_playoff_career_stephen_curry_has_shot_010/)

there’s 48 mins of game

last 45 seconds is literally a fraction of the game

if you want to boil all play down to a minute fraction and extrapolate that….

wow

hope you aren’t a big fan of something called “sample size”

you got caught with your pants down right now, you can either concede, keep being intellectually dishonest, or try to play this whole thing off like you were “just joking”

keep it consistent though

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:45 PM
Fultz has always made countless posts about how “hero ball” is such a detrimental style of play

Guess his eye test lacks some consistency

I'm not saying anyone SHOULD take Luka.

I'm saying dont be revisionist about "prime Curry." He was not without flaws.

He was an important, AND flawed piece of a stacked team.

Luka is also an important, AND flawed piece of a far less talented team.

Those are the facts.

There is no need to get into our feels about it.

SATAN
04-03-2024, 08:45 PM
In his playoff career, Stephen Curry has shot 0-10 on go ahead shots in the last 45 seconds. (through 2022) (https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/13c23es/in_his_playoff_career_stephen_curry_has_shot_010/)

Lebron is 9-18 under the same criteria btw.

:lebronamazed:

Carbine
04-03-2024, 08:47 PM
Steve Nash's "brand of basketball" is far superior to MJ's.

Is he the better player?

I don't agree with that. Nash needed a certain system around him to be his best self. He wasn't a ball hog for shots but he was a heavy dribble time player. When he went to the Lakers and didn't have the ball like he typically had it, he fell off.

Jordan was a quick strike off ball player during his 6 titles for the most part in the half court.

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:48 PM
I don't agree with that. Nash needed a certain system around him to be his best self. He wasn't a ball hog for shots but he was a heavy dribble time player. When he went to the Lakers and didn't have the ball like he typically had it, he fell off.

Jordan was a quick strike off ball player during his 6 titles for the most part in the half court.

Lol.

Oh, really? When Nash was 37 years old and had to play next to Chuckbe, he fell off?

What an indictment.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 08:49 PM
I'm not saying anyone SHOULD take Luka.

I'm saying dont be revisionist about "prime Curry." He was not without flaws.

He was an important, AND flawed piece of a stacked team.

Luka is also an important, AND flawed piece of a far less talented team.

Those are the facts.

There is no need to get into our feels about it.

show me the facts, you showed me a lame (even you can admit) false argument

show me the stats

like i said i somewhat consider your eye test compromised since you used to harp on hero ball so much but now after luka you have turned a 180 with no explanation

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:51 PM

Also, with Nash it's a system thing, but with Curry
he allows organic team play. Actually, he doesn't allow it he inspires it. Enhances it."

Interesting.

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 08:55 PM
show me the facts, you showed me a lame (even you can admit) false argument

show me the stats

like i said i somewhat consider your eye test compromised since you used to harp on hero ball so much but now after luka you have turned a 180 with no explanation

Quantifying this would require combing every game log possession-by-possession, which I'm clearly not going to do.

If the game threads still exist you could probably find NUMEROUS people observing and mentioning it in real time.

It's a reputation he has, and has had, and it exists for a reason. It didnt get made up out of nowhere. I'm not someone who makes these things up. I'm telling it how it is. If you want to say the reputation is overblown, go ahead. But it exists and there is SOME basis for it.

If that upsets you... I dont know what else to say.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 08:58 PM
Quantifying this would require combing every game log possession-by-possession, which I'm clearly not going to do.

If the game threads still exist you could probably find NUMEROUS people observing and mentioning it in real time.

It's a reputation he has, and has had, and it exists for a reason. It didnt get made up out of nowhere. I'm not someone who makes these things up. I'm telling it how it is. If you want to say the reputation is overblown, go ahead. But it exists and there is SOME basis for it.

Ok so let me get this straight

Your argument right now is “There are facts for my unsubstantiated and subjective take, but I can’t be bothered to gather them at the moment”

Ok great. Thanks for playing. This is some bladefd level of posting, lol.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 09:05 PM

Read this bolded portion as if it came from a pro-kobe poster from back on the day in a kobe vs lebron discussion. Sounds exactly the same.

This is the type of stuff i’ve seen fultz and kobe fan haters go in hard on. “You weren’t there man. There was this one time…” Fultz and kobe fan haters always make fun of that shit.

“The stats don’t show!” -kobe fan

Then they would always mock the pro kobe guys and say “show me the stats” and spam cherry picked fg% and say kobe is trash.

I just once again think it’s hilarious because fultz has mocked kobe fans for this mindset for years, now he wants to use the same logic to fuel his irrational hate for curry

keep it consistent lil bro

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 09:07 PM
I posted his empirically abysmal go-ahead shooting percentage in the playoff clutch. That's a fact. You rejected its relevance.

I'm articulating specific issues with his play that have been widely known and observed. Youre insisting I just made this up right now.

If I had a scroll filled with airtight Pythagorean proofs of the veracity of what I'm saying, signed at the bottom by God himself, you would refuse to accept it.

So whatever. :confusedshrug:

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 09:08 PM
I posted his empirically abysmal go-ahead shooting percentage in the playoff clutch. That's a fact. You rejected its relevance.

I'm articulating specific issues with his play that have been widely known and observed. Youre insisting I just made this up right now.

If I had a scroll filled with airtight Pythagorean proofs of the veracity of what I'm saying, signed at the bottom by God himself, you would refuse to accept it.

So whatever. :confusedshrug:

you should revisit kobe’s career

your basketball views have shifted so much over the years

seems like you would be a huge mamba fan now

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 09:10 PM
I just once again think it’s hilarious because fultz has mocked kobe fans for this mindset for years, now he wants to use the same logic to fuel his irrational hate for curry

I have criticized Luka for his ball dominance. This is not about me picking Luka over Curry. You're trying to spin it that way because you appear to be emotionally overwhelmed by criticism of Steph Curry.

Curry does a lot of great things on the court. He has an excellent handle that can break down the defense, he moves off ball, and he's the best shooter ever.

That doesnt mean "nobody else can ever compare to him."

His weaknesses include being soft, and mentally weak. This is just the reality. These are valid criticisms.

In fact we just had a thread about the man crying over a teammate's ejection, and Curry was considered soft well before that.

It is what it is. I'm sorry Curry being critiqued sends you into a dark and unholy place mentally.

Axe
04-03-2024, 09:13 PM
I have criticized Luka for his ball dominance. This is not about me picking Luka over Curry. You're trying to spin it that way because you appear to be emotionally overwhelmed by criticism of Steph Curry.

Curry does a lot of great things on the court. He has an excellent handle that can break down the defense, he moves off ball, and he's the best shooter ever.

His weaknesses include being soft, and mentally weak. This is just the reality. These are valid criticisms.

In fact we just had a thread about the man crying over a teammate's ejection, and Curry was considered soft well before that.

It is what it is. I'm sorry Curry being critiqued sends you into a dark and unholy place mentally.
This. I don't think luka has reached his peak and prime yet tho.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 09:22 PM

No these are all weird subjective and unquantifiable criteria. This is the same shit you used to blast pro kobe people for.

You can rock yourself back and forth in the corner telling yourself the same narratives and think it’s true.

Until then show the rest of the real world your proof or you can keep deflecting and talking in circles in an attempt to tire everyone out

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 09:24 PM
This. I don't think luka has reached his peak and prime yet tho.

Yeah he's done some impressive things in the playoffs already. Lighting up Kawhi and PG, dismantling DPOY Toody, and knocking off the top seed Suns to make a western conference finals.

This February he just turned 25.

Come to think of it that was Curry's age when he made his first playoffs.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 09:28 PM
Yeah he's done some impressive things in the playoffs already. Lighting up Kawhi and PG, dismantling DPOY Toody, and knocking off the top seed Suns to make a western conference finals.

You are quoting axe in order to start straw man arguments that aren’t even relevant to the thread and discussion at hand.

Yikes.

Put the keyboard down homeboy.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2024, 09:29 PM
No these are all weird subjective and unquantifiable criteria. This is the same shit you used to blast pro kobe people for.

You can rock yourself back and forth in the corner telling yourself the same narratives and think it’s true.

Until then show the rest of the real world your proof or you can keep deflecting and talking in circles in an attempt to tire everyone out

Being soft or mentally weak is the kinda thing you ask for hard evidence to support? You’re certainly free to disagree and want critique to be based in a more factual area but it being what it is…I don’t know what proof would look like.

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 09:31 PM
You are quoting axe in order to start straw man arguments that aren’t even relevant to the thread and discussion at hand.

Yikes.

I'm just... having a discussion.

:confusedshrug:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/372/993/613.jpg

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 09:36 PM
Being soft or mentally weak is the kinda thing you ask for hard evidence to support? You’re certainly free to disagree and want critique to be based in a more factual area but it being what it is…I don’t know what proof would look like.

Past your bedtime homie

https://media1.tenor.com/m/pgqf6BDXADIAAAAC/the-office-steve-carell.gif

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 09:38 PM
I'm just... having a discussion.

:confusedshrug:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/372/993/613.jpg

So you are done then and have resorted to cringe memes and other shit that I predicted a page ago

When you are prepared to talk actual facts and ball and not talk shit like a mid 2000 kobe homer, let me know

FKAri
04-03-2024, 09:48 PM
I'd prefer 2016 Curry but it's not outrageous to take 2024 Luka. He has been ridiculous this season and he's not even in an ideal situation on that team.

Kblaze8855
04-03-2024, 09:59 PM
Past your bedtime homie

So…you don’t really know either. I can accept that.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 10:30 PM
So…you don’t really know either. I can accept that.

we will wake you when we want to laugh at an inane rant about bradly beal’s contract

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 10:42 PM
Not an outrages take at all, Curry shit the bed big time in the Finals, while Luka has proven he has that dog in him.

I would take Luka if I didn't have much talent on my team.

Curry if I already have the pieces.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 10:53 PM
Not an outrages take at all, Curry shit the bed big time in the Finals, while Luka has proven he has that dog in him.

I would take Luka if I didn't have much talent on my team.

Curry if I already have the pieces.

numbers to verify this?

uh oh, the only numbers coming back from this take is a sub 5’ 7” chubby hispanic male who hasn’t played a lick of competitive ball in his life

opinion shawn kemp slam dunked into the garbage can

thank you come again

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 10:59 PM
numbers to verify this?

uh oh, the only numbers coming back from this take is a sub 5’ 7” chubby hispanic male who hasn’t played a lick of competitive ball in his life

opinion shawn kemp slam dunked into the garbage can

thank you come again

Numbers to verify that Curry shit the bed in the Finals? This isn't breaking news, he played like shit in the Finals and LeBron made him his daddy. The funny thing is, if the Warriors somehow did win that series, Draymond would have won FMVP, same for Klay in 2019.

Luka has increased his production in every postseason he has played so far, he has a lot of Bird/MJ in him in terms of competitiveness, clutch play & trash talking.

I don't even know why my post offended you, I stated I would take Curry if I had the pieces around me.

Stop being such a mental midget.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:02 PM
Numbers to verify that Curry shit the bed in the Finals? This isn't breaking news, he played like shit in the Finals and LeBron made him his daddy. The funny thing is, if the Warriors somehow did win that series, Draymond would have won FMVP, same for Klay in 2019.

Luka has increased his production in every postseason he has played so far, he has a lot of Bird in him in terms of competitiveness, clutch play & shit talking.

I don't even know why my post offended you, I stated I would take Curry if I had the pieces around me.

Stop being such a mental midget.

whole lot of talk

whole not a lot of numbers

show us about curry’s chokes

there has to be a lot of statistical data to back up your claims? yes? lay it on a player. Let’s see what you got.

once again you got that fultz reek. you were a cat who talked big shit unless you showed kobe’s numbers……now you want to play the same hand but on the other side.

show us the numbers. stop reverting to mid 2000’s kobe stan shit you guys would always trip out about

Carbine
04-03-2024, 11:03 PM
Also, with Nash it's a system thing, but with Curry

Interesting.

Curry doesn't spam pick and rolls as the foundation of the teams offense. He spends a significant time cutting off ball, while doing some pick and roll stuff and Iso sprinkled in. It's very different.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:05 PM
Curry doesn't spam pick and rolls as the foundation of the teams offense. He spends a significant time cutting off ball, while doing some pick and roll stuff and Iso sprinkled in. It's very different.

don’t bother. he’s already fully dug in and not listening to nothing. don’t waste your time or energy.

AlternativeAcc.
04-03-2024, 11:06 PM
It would be outrageous to take 2016 curry who got humiliated in June. Luka is built for big boy basketball, curry the exact opposite.

It's not even remotely close. You don't know anything about sports if you take curry.

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:11 PM
whole lot of talk

whole not a lot of numbers

show us about curry’s chokes

there has to be a lot of statistical data to back up your claims? yes? lay it on a player. Let’s see what you got.

once again you got that fultz reek. you were a cat who talked big shit unless you showed kobe’s numbers……now you want to play the same hand but on the other side.

show us the numbers. stop reverting to mid 2000’s kobe stan shit you guys would always trip out about

My only claim is that he shit the Finals that year, and this entire thread is about 2016 Curry, you are in such a meltdown that you can't even think logically. But if you want the numbers here they are.

https://wp.usatodaysports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/06/currysplits.png

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:14 PM
ok that’s fine

do same breakdown for 2011 and report back to me

let’s keep it consistent here.

FultzNationRISE
04-03-2024, 11:17 PM

Thats fine and I concede he’s great at that, but Nash and Luka never played with a passing big of Draymond’s caliber, nor did either play alongside a guy widely considered a top 5 three point shooter ever.

I dont recall Steph revolutionizing basketball when he was playing with Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins. Despite being a three year college player, older than most lottery picks who come into the league.

Giving Steph all the credit for everything the Warriors did is the simple analysis most fans are prone to. People dont like weighing lots of context, they want clear definable answers with one person’s face attached.

But reality isnt that simple.

AlternativeAcc.
04-03-2024, 11:17 PM
My only claim is that he shit the Finals that year, and this entire thread is about 2016 Curry, you are in such a meltdown that you can't even think logically. But if you want the numbers here they are.

https://wp.usatodaysports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2016/06/currysplits.png

Numbers don't even do it justice, he was putrid the last few games and got humiliated on the big stage more than any star in history, on both ends.

After that he begged Durant to join and watched KD win all the hardware.

Curry never won a fmvp during his peak despite getting a free trip to the finals every year from 2015-2019, and lost fmvp to a teammates 3 times.

The biggest cuck in history.

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:19 PM
ok that’s fine

do same breakdown for 2011 and report back to me

let’s keep it consistent here.

You argue like a female, no logic whatsoever. This thread isn't about 2011 LeBron.

Is it a coincidence that Curry cried the other night over a teammate getting ejected then all of a sudden his fans act like crying bitches? I don't think so.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:19 PM
Thats fine and I concede he’s great at that, but Nash and Luka never played with a passing big of Draymond’s caliber, nor did either play alongside a guy widely considered a top 5 three point shooter ever.

I dont recall Steph revolutionizing basketball when he was playing with Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins. Despite being a three year college player, older than most lottery picks who come into the league.

Giving Steph all the credit for everything the Warriors did is the simple analysis most fans are prone to. People dont like weighing lots of context, they want clear definable answers with one person’s face attached.

oh my god, the amount of cringe and doubling down style of mental gymnastics in this post is insane

wild

AlternativeAcc.
04-03-2024, 11:20 PM

They didn't do anything until Iggy joined and Klay/Dray took the next step.

Curry was a bus rider to be frank. 3 times losing fmvp to a teammage is all-time bus rider status.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:21 PM
You argue like a female, no logic whatsoever. This thread isn't about 2011 LeBron.

Is it a coincidence that Curry cried the other night over a teammate getting ejected then all of a sudden his fans act like bitches? I don't think so.

my ***** is legit probably the size of your forarm. i have no idea why you are talking about steph curry crying at a game the other night. you are a weird and tiny beaner. figure it out bro

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:22 PM
my ***** is legit probably the size of your forarm. i have no idea why you are talking about steph curry crying at a game the other night. you are a weird and tiny beaner. figure it out bro

Because you have low IQ.

You worship Curry and his crying the other night has rubbed on to you. You are crying like a baby in this thread.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:25 PM
Because you have low IQ.

You worship Curry and his crying the other night has rubbed on to you. You are crying like a baby in this thread.

if you stood next to steph curry you would make him look like wilt chamberlain. you are a loser.

Axe
04-03-2024, 11:25 PM

Yes. His case might become stronger once he makes the finals. Hopefully, he doesn't blow a 3-1 lead in the playoffs. He'll also likely win a finals mvp in his first NBA title which is good.

Axe
04-03-2024, 11:26 PM

Yikes.

And this, my friends, is what they call a 'bitch fit.' :roll:

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:27 PM

Good point. Magic Johnson's play style is what many today consider "not good to win a chip", but he had Kareem & Worthy on his side and won more chips than anyone in his era. Player's legacies get enhanced by the good teammates they played with, it's always been this way.

SATAN
04-03-2024, 11:28 PM

Luka likely won't make the finals this season so I'm not sure this argument holds up tbh. Somebody should bump this if he does though.

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:29 PM
if you stood next to steph curry you would make him look like wilt chamberlain. you are a loser.

You are a literal crackhead snitch.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:32 PM
You are a literal crackhead snitch.

i’m 6’3 and athletic and reported a dude for saying the n word hella and k blaze snitched on me. if you want to give me a time and place i’ll meet face to face with you. you can record it all live here and see what happens. let me know home boy. i’m in the city. if you are in the bay it’s a 30 min trip at most. let me know.

Axe
04-03-2024, 11:33 PM
i’m 6’3 and athletic
Hahahahahahahahaha

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:34 PM
i’m 6’3 and athletic and reported a dude for saying the n word hella and k blaze snitched on me. if you want to give me a time and place i’ll meet face to face with you. you can record it all alive here and see what happens. let me know home boy

https://media1.tenor.com/m/n-rbsRYbhXUAAAAC/scott-hall-spooky-fingers.gif

How pathetic do you have to be to post that on a message board?

How mad are you right now?

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:36 PM

that’s what i thought lil midget ass mother ****er

:oldlol:

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:39 PM
that’s what i thought lil midget ass mother ****er

We all know what happens when you prepare for a fight. You shit your pants, call your gf that shit is going down, and proceed to post a disgusting pic of your living room with a dirty ashtray and empty alcohol bottles everywhere onto ISH.

I would put you to sleep, then steal your gf.

SATAN
04-03-2024, 11:41 PM

:roll:

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:41 PM
We all know what happens when you prepare for a fight. You shit your pants, call your gf that shit is going down, and proceed to post a disgusting pic of your living room with a dirty ashtray and empty alcohol bottles onto ISH.

you are super tiny. put your money where your mouth is. name a place date or time in the city and let a ***** know. i’ll come bully your ass on camera for ish to see. Don’t be scared.

SATAN
04-03-2024, 11:42 PM
We all know what happens when you prepare for a fight. You shit your pants, call your gf that shit is going down, and proceed to post a disgusting pic of your living room with a dirty ashtray and empty alcohol bottles everywhere onto ISH.

Bawkish
04-03-2024, 11:43 PM
This escalated to WWE antics very quick

"Hey homeboy, you wanna see what 24 inch python looks like...." :lol

1987_Lakers
04-03-2024, 11:43 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/cHWttN89/dfghsdfhs.jpg

:roll:

SATAN
04-03-2024, 11:44 PM
Careful, bro. He might throw a Jim Beam bottle at you.

warriorfan
04-03-2024, 11:49 PM
Let’s go. Lakers says he’s from east bay. Name your place and time lil midge.

Stephonit
04-04-2024, 12:39 AM
6 pages already in less than 24 hours?

I'll take Curry 2024 over Luka 2024.

Axe
04-04-2024, 12:39 AM
Let’s go. Lakers says he’s from east bay. Name your place and time lil midge.
Huffy bike called. It's willing to stroll with you around east bay.

tpols
04-04-2024, 08:21 AM
Good point. Magic Johnson's play style is what many today consider "not good to win a chip", but he had Kareem & Worthy on his side and won more chips than anyone in his era. Player's legacies get enhanced by the good teammates they played with, it's always been this way.

Comparing Dray and Klay to Kareem and Worthy is a ban-able offense tbh.

tpols
04-04-2024, 09:50 AM

If someone wants to take the game's current leading scorer and a pure playoff killer like Doncic over a sus, prancing, skipping, disappearing, pouting, returning, shimmying, 1/5 FMVP Curry, I dont think that's "very outrageous."

I didn't read this take til today but now I see why warriorfan was upset. This is a horrible take given Curry has had exactly one bad playoff series in his career ~ 2016 Finals which was still better than 2011 Lebron or 2004 Kobe etc. Other than that though his playoff numbers are at an absolute superstar level.

And the funny thing is we saw Curry and Luka play H2H in the playoffs and who came out on top? Curry won a ring with Andrew Wiggins as his 2nd option. Let that sink in. And Luka had Brunson whose easily a better player than Wigs. We didn't really appreciate how good that dude was til he went to New York.

1987_Lakers
04-04-2024, 09:52 AM
Comparing Dray and Klay to Kareem and Worthy is a ban-able offense tbh.

You are forgetting KD.

And Kareem was past his prime during the Lakers back to back titles in '87 & '88, basically a role player by '88.

tpols
04-04-2024, 10:01 AM
Curry led a 73 win team and won 2 titles without Durant. Moot point.

And like was said before Curry has already beat Luka H2H in the playoffs. And he had the same exact team back then that he has now as the 10 seed only swapping poole for Chris paul. We already saw this experiment live.

Luka wiped the Suns that had made The Finals but got gentleman swept by Curry.

People are discounting what Lukas ball dominance does to star teammates. Brunson looks like a total superstar right now in New York and Porzingis has been absolutely balling since leaving Dallas. Kyrie is the only star that's really fit with Luka ball so far. And I like Luka but that needs to be brought up.

FultzNationRISE
04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
I didn't read this take til today but now I see why warriorfan was upset. This is a horrible take given Curry has had exactly one bad playoff series in his career ~ 2016 Finals which was still better than 2011 Lebron or 2004 Kobe etc. Other than that though his playoff numbers are at an absolute superstar level.

And the funny thing is we saw Curry and Luka play H2H in the playoffs and who came out on top?Curry won a ring with Andrew Wiggins as his 2nd option. Let that sink in. And Luka had Brunson whose easily a better player than Wigs. We didn't really appreciate how good that dude was til he went to New York.

Im not trying to argue against picking Curry. This is what you guys are failing to comprehend.

I’m saying that depending on what someone values, it is not “very outrageous” to take the guy who is this year’s leading scorer and second in assists, and has also proven to be a playoff lion. Curry has plenty of strengths but his playoff numbers make him look more consistent than he’s really been. Look up game threads and youll see people talking in real time about how Curry has gone cold, meanwhile his teammates claw back from a 12 point deficit, then Curry starts hitting shots again once theyre back in the lead.

He has not been the dominant player in series where the teams are closely matched that he has been in the regular season. Im not saying he was ever BAD. You guys are seeing in polarities. My literal response was that it is not “very outrageous” as someone suggested, and you guys are acting like I called Curry a scrub.

Carbine
04-04-2024, 10:12 AM

And the funny thing is we saw Curry and Luka play H2H in the playoffs and who came out on top? Curry won a ring with Andrew Wiggins as his 2nd option. Let that sink in. And Luka had Brunson whose easily a better player than Wigs. We didn't really appreciate how good that dude was til he went to New York.

It's narrative driven to say stuff like that though. They were playing great defense and getting contributions from 3-8 in a way that other teams were not.

First series against Denver Wiggins was the #4 scorer at 14 ppg, Poole and Klay were significantly above him in the 20s.

Against Memphis he was again the #4 scorer in the series behind Klay and Poole.

In the next series against the Mavs he was tied for second with Klay, and Poole was very close behind them.

Deay and Looney were also giving double digits per game.

Wiggins had his best series against Boston where he was the #2 scorer but Klay was only 1 point behind him. For the totality of the playoffs Wiggins was the 4th leading scorer on the team.

Name me a "#2 option" who's actually the #4. It's all narrative, it just sounds better to prop Curry up to say Wiggins was his #2 guy. It doesn't sound quite as good when you say they had three other guys besides Steph who could routinely get you 17-20 a night. Poole had the playoffs of his lifetime. It was the last time Klay was really Klay, and the "specialists" played excellent like Dray, Loony and GP

1987_Lakers
04-04-2024, 10:14 AM

How the hell is it a moot point? He won half his titles with KD, they had the most stacked team this league has ever seen at one point.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2024, 10:19 AM

And like was said before Curry has already beat Luka H2H in the playoffs. And he had the same exact team back then that he has now as the 10 seed only swapping poole for Chris paul. We already saw this experiment live.

Luka wiped the Suns that had made The Finals but got gentleman swept by Curry.

People are discounting what Lukas ball dominance does to star teammates. Brunson looks like a total superstar right now in New York and Porzingis has been absolutely balling since leaving Dallas. Kyrie is the only star that's really fit with Luka ball so far. And I like Luka but that needs to be brought up.

Stop.

tpols
04-04-2024, 10:38 AM
Im not trying to argue against picking Curry. This is what you guys are failing to comprehend.

I’m saying that depending on what someone values, it is not “very outrageous” to take the guy who is this year’s leading scorer and second in assists, and has also proven to be a playoff lion. Curry has plenty of strengths but his playoff numbers make him look more consistent than he’s really been. Look up game threads and youll see people talking in real time about how Curry has gone cold, meanwhile his teammates claw back from a 12 point deficit, then Curry starts hitting shots again once theyre back in the lead.

He has not been the dominant player in series where the teams are closely matched that he has been in the regular season. Im not saying he was ever BAD. You guys are seeing in polarities. My literal response was that it is not “very outrageous” as someone suggested, and you guys are acting like I called Curry a scrub.

In my 1st post I said the same thing that they're extremely close. But you were going on about Curry being a bad playoff performer 1/5 or whatever which had to be addressed because it's a patented falsehood.

tpols
04-04-2024, 10:54 AM
The warriors had Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, GPII, Looney in 2022 and 2024. The only real change was swapping podz for Otto porter and Chris Paul for poole.

Klay also missed most of the 2022 season and Poole outside of a small stretch is one of the worst players in the NBA so they were arguably even weaker in 2022. The warriors have choked a ton of games this year blowing big leads though.

The main difference this year isn't Golden State, it's that the conference is absurdly stacked. Way more stacked than in 2022.

The West this year may be the greatest conference of all time.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2024, 11:02 AM
The warriors had Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, GPII, Looney in 2022 and 2024. The only real change was swapping podz for Otto porter and Chris Paul for poole.

Klay also missed most of the 2022 season and Poole outside of a small stretch is one of the worst players in the NBA so they were arguably even weaker in 2022. The warriors have choked a ton of games this year blowing big leads though.

The main difference this year isn't Golden State, it's that the conference is absurdly stacked. Way more stacked than in 2022.

The West this year may be the greatest conference of all time.

I understand that a lot of the players are the same. That isn't the question. You said it was the same team, implying that there is no difference overall.

You think it'd be a reasonable thing to say that the 2012 Celtics, for example, had the same team as 2008 plus a better Rondo?

Like 2012 Celtics > 2008?

The 2010 Spurs had largely the same core as 2007. Would you find it reasonable to call them the exact same team?

Again..stop. It's stupid.

Wally450
04-04-2024, 11:14 AM

People were clamoring over Curry in 2016. It wasn't until after the Finals that people walked back their takes of Curry being the best in the NBA. But at the end of the regular season in 2016, many people, including those who voted him MVP, would've said he's the best player in the NBA.

tpols
04-04-2024, 11:15 AM
I understand.

No you dont.

Actually if you look it up... the Curry Klay Dray Wiggins core combined is averaging almost the same exact production in 2024 as in 2022. And Kuminga averages 16 ppg on top of it and they have Chris Paul whose been a fantastic floor general 6th man. What you're saying doesn't add up at all. The players haven't fallen off a cliff like your other examples production wise.

Again the main difference is the western conference is absurdly stacked this year and if the warriors didn't blow a record amount of double digit leads they'd be a much higher seed.

1987_Lakers
04-04-2024, 11:22 AM
People were clamoring over Curry in 2016. It wasn't until after the Finals that people walked back their takes of Curry being the best in the NBA. But at the end of the regular season in 2016, many people, including those who voted him MVP, would've said he's the best player in the NBA.

For sure, Curry was having a legendary season that year. It was the first year I actually saw the majority of fans rank a player ahead of LeBron throughout the year since like 2008, then the Finals happened.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2024, 11:24 AM
No you dont.

Actually if you look it up... the Curry Klay Dray Wiggins core combined is averaging almost the same exact production in 2024 as in 2022. And Kuminga averages 16 ppg on top of it and they have Chris Paul whose been a fantastic floor general 6th man. What you're saying doesn't add up at all. The players haven't fallen off a cliff like your other examples production wise.

Again the main difference is the western conference is absurdly stacked this year and if the warriors didn't blow a record amount of double digit leads they'd be a much higher seed.

Your condescension while being clueless always entertains :lol

Curry, Klay, Draymond, and Wiggins are all playing some of the worst ball either in the careers or in a decade. Just because the league has been ridiculous with the scoring numbers this year doesn't mean that they're as effective. Lebron is scoring more now than he did in 2016. I don't think anyone would claim he's been as good as he was then, no?

In 2022 the Warriors were the #1 defense in the league by Net Rating. This year they're 15th.

4th to 15th in net rating as well.

You can say the only difference is the league is better if you want. But then that makes the usual arguments of "Player X won with THIS sidekick in one year, and Player Y one with a BETTER sidekick in a completely different year; therefore player X is better" that you frequently use seem dumb in retrospect.

tpols
04-04-2024, 11:31 AM
You can say the only difference is the league is better if you want.

Yes the main difference is the competition. You're finally getting it.

Lebron and AD have looked amazing and won a title and they're a play in team. Warriors are fully healthy and have a great core and they're a play in team. The Kings with Fox and Sabonis who were a top seed last year are a play in team. The Durant Booker Beal Suns who were expected to be title contenders at the start of the season are a play in team.

That doesn't mean they're all "playing the worst ball of their careers'". Total nonsense. The competition level has risen is the difference.

ShawkFactory
04-04-2024, 11:36 AM

Lebron and AD have looked amazing and won a title and they're a play in team. Warriors are fully healthy and have a great core and they're a play in team. The Kings with Fox and Sabonis who were a top seed last year are a play in team. The Durant Booker Beal Suns who were expected to be title contenders at the start of the season are a play in team.

That doesn't mean they're all "playing the worst ball of their careers'". Total nonsense. The competition level has risen is the difference.

So they both are as good overall as they were in 2020?

tpols
04-04-2024, 11:40 AM

So they both are as good overall as they were in 2020?

Strawman argument.

Lebron and AD have been great this year absolutely no question about it and honestly Reaves is a better 3rd option than anybody from the 2020 Laker team.

And they're a play in team!

That along with the other examples fully illustrates the competition level rising being the main factor. To say these teams are playing the worst ball of their careers because they are low seeds is total nonsense.

Carbine
04-04-2024, 11:49 AM
All time trolling right here.

The NBA has gotten so much better that a championship team that lost 6 total playoff games and never faced elimination is now a play in team.

Welcome to 3Ball territory. Well done on your rise up the troll rankings.

tpols
04-04-2024, 11:52 AM
Yes... the West right now is at an all time high. It's not even debatable. The East looks pretty good now too. I've never seen low seeds this good before. And the high seeds are monstrous as well outside Minnesota.

FultzNationRISE
04-04-2024, 11:53 AM

Curry getting locked by Delly in 2015 was already a thing. So Im sure there were people who wouldve said “lets see what Curry’s 73-9 team does in the playoffs this year before we crown him.”

And then we saw how that played out.

Wally450
04-04-2024, 12:20 PM
Curry getting locked by Delly in 2015 was already a thing. So Im sure there were people who wouldve said “lets see what Curry’s 73-9 team does in the playoffs this year before we crown him.”

And then we saw how that played out.

I agree with that, although they were a small minority. Curry won over lot's of fans. But there were still doubters, who ended up being proven right.

FultzNationRISE
04-04-2024, 12:24 PM
I agree with that, although they were a small minority. Curry won over lot's of fans. But there were still doubters, who ended up being proven right.

True dat

ShawkFactory
04-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Strawman argument.

Lebron and AD have been great this year absolutely no question about it and honestly Reaves is a better 3rd option than anybody from the 2020 Laker team.

That along with the other examples fully illustrates the competition level rising being the main factor. To say these teams are playing the worst ball of their careers because they are low seeds is total nonsense.

How is that a strawman? Do you know what that means? My point is that while the numbers are similar, the players aren’t as effective overall. You’re the one who threw in “and won a title”. If you don’t want something addressed then don’t say it.

Comparing 2020/2024 Lebron and AD overall is like..the exact opposite of a strawman. It’s an exact comparison to my point. Neither are as good as they were.

Axe
04-04-2024, 05:18 PM
He was truly phenomenal in the rs during the early years of their dynasty, can't deny that. But at the same, the west also became weak when they made the finals five straight times. And it took him six finals just to garner his first finals mvp award.

SATAN
04-04-2024, 07:16 PM
Strawman argument.

How many games have you watched this season? We were clowning their coach for like half of the season for a reason.

BarberSchool
04-04-2024, 10:30 PM
This season, LUKA is finally near Curry from 3, both percentage wise and total made.
And they both have all time great gravitational pull on defenses.

Luka is also a MUCH better passer out of double teams.
And a much better passer overall.

But Luka is also a worse perimeter defender, and a worse transition defender.
And drinks too much, so unlikely to have as long and healthy career as Curry.

But let’s not get carried away.
Prime Curry changed the league forever.
Changed the international game a bit too.
Luka has a long way to go to not catch hate when his fans make these kind of statements.

But this season Luka is insane on offense for way way more reasons than the PPG & APG.
Watching hella games shows everyone that.

There is not a solo defender of any size, length, athletic ability, or intelligence level, who can lock him up. Nor is there a team defense who he can’t figure out and bait, and fool, and carve up with both scoring and passing.

Son just sucks guarding guards.
Everything else, if he can stay healthy and stop drinking so much, he will be a top ten all time player.

Baller234
04-05-2024, 12:59 AM
I will say this.

I've seen Curry get locked up. I've seen Curry taken out of moments in big games. Either because he couldn't get space or because he couldn't get the ball period.

Never really seen anyone lock up Luka. He's getting pretty much any shot he wants.

dankok8
04-05-2024, 01:58 AM
Curry had an abysmal finals in 2016 so it's not an outrageous take at all if Luka ends up having a great postseason.

warriorfan
04-05-2024, 02:45 AM
Curry had an abysmal finals in 2016 so it's not an outrageous take at all if Luka ends up having a great postseason.

If Luka has an mcl tear during the last part of the season we will see how he comes back from it and then can judge that accordingly to Curry’s 2016

ImKobe
04-05-2024, 03:49 AM
I think there's little to no argument against it tbh. 2016 Steph obviously is considerably better on 3s and at the FT line, but you'd give everything else to Luka offensively. He's ~84%FG inside 3 ft and is also unstoppable from 3-10 this season. Cavs managed to take away Steph's looks from 3, and Steph was injured obviously as well which slowed him down, but we've seen an injured Luka multiple times in the POs and he didn't miss a beat production-wise because he's able to bully his way to the rim when he has nothing else going. He's just a more polished all-around offensive player and has the size advantage that Steph doesn't.

Until I see Luka get completely shut down in a PO series like Steph I can't really doubt him tbh. The WCF vs. Golden State might have been his worst because of the scoring efficiency, and he still averaged 32/9/6/2/1 56%TS. You could argue that he's a stat-padder like Bron, but he's yet to hit a serious low in the POs.

ImKobe
04-05-2024, 03:53 AM
Strawman argument.

Even though AD and Bron have been doing their thing and have been healthy for the most part, the supporting cast has had many issues this season, and the HC has sabotaged the team many of times with his BS rotations. Lakers are 20 - 8 in their last 28 games but are still in the Play-In because of Ham's bullshit early on in the season. Lakers also don't have the dawgs they did in 2020 when they had an elite defense. Dwight, Javale, Rondo, Danny Green & KCP were all huge in their roles.

nayte
04-05-2024, 06:17 AM
Not a totally outrageous take. I would take curry tho. Luka still has a lot to work on . especially without the ball

Axe
04-05-2024, 07:52 AM
I think there's little to no argument against it tbh. 2016 Steph obviously is considerably better on 3s and at the FT line, but you'd give everything else to Luka offensively. He's ~84%FG inside 3 ft and is also unstoppable from 3-10 this season. Cavs managed to take away Steph's looks from 3, and Steph was injured obviously as well which slowed him down, but we've seen an injured Luka multiple times in the POs and he didn't miss a beat production-wise because he's able to bully his way to the rim when he has nothing else going. He's just a more polished all-around offensive player and has the size advantage that Steph doesn't.

Until I see Luka get completely shut down in a PO series like Steph I can't really doubt him tbh. The WCF vs. Golden State might have been his worst because of the scoring efficiency, and he still averaged 32/9/6/2/1 56%TS. You could argue that he's a stat-padder like Bron, but he's yet to hit a serious low in the POs.
Good take. Chef may be able to impact games heavily because of his shooting but once opposing teams have found effective ways to shut him down, he can't be relied on that much anymore. In the playoffs, i doubt he's clutch and there's not much he can do on defense when opponents have the ball. That should've been some kind of last resort thing he could do to offset ugly shooting nights but still leaves so much to be desired, esp. when his team badly needs it. He's just so freaking lucky to have other hof teammates tho that have bailed him out bt.

Luke otoh, despite being a ballhog, like you said at least has the size and athleticism that help to allow him have a range of arsenal in the offense. He's a more complete player overall. Just needs to share the ball more often, be a better team player and improve defensively. If that happens, along with the mavs getting the final right pieces en route to becoming perennial title contenders, then they could become the next dynasty.

Stephonit
04-06-2024, 02:46 PM

People have had the opportunity to witness Steph all these years and still don't understand a thing about what makes his game special. Case in point this post above. It didn't matter that Luka got his numbers; he didn't have the impact Steph has and his team was out in 5. Steph can be "shut down" in comparison—but still have more impact. That's why the Celtics were lost and discombobulated after game 5 of the 2022 finals. They "succeeded" in "shutting down" Steph—and were obliterated anyway.

Listening to all the commentary about how Steph needed to be trapped and doubled from people who obviously don't follow the Warriors was a hoot.

tpols
04-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Honestly...

It is outrageous some of the arguments being made like "We've never seen Luka have a bad playoff series". When the inverse comparison is we've never seen Luka win 4 rings putting up superstar production. One train of logic clearly outweighs the other.

And in fact, if we do use that logic... Luka is the GOAT.

Because even MJ and Lebron and Kobe and Kareem and Hakeem and Shaq and Bird and Duncan and Wilt and Magic etc. have faltered in playoff series.

It's retarded to hold the bad that much above the good. It's actually total backwards logic.

Street Hunger
04-12-2024, 11:59 AM
I feel like this is a legitimate question, and not even a hot take. I actually don't know which one I would select. Do we know who the teammates are? if we're just picking one player and don't know who else is on the team, then maybe you do go with Luka