PDA

View Full Version : I really want to buy some bacon while I’m out. Problem is I already have bacon.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2024, 03:40 PM
I finally let myself try the pre-cooked Costco bacon. Big mistake. It’s convenient in that you can literally microwave three pieces for 20 seconds and have bacon. But I trust Costco to give me bacon with both convenience and quality. I was let down. The end result is like shitty hotel breakfast buffet bacon that comes all clumped together. Probably because they microwave it pre-cooked now that I think about it….

Anyway….now I want good bacon. But I don’t wanna throw out the perfectly edible bad bacon at home.

Not that I can’t afford to throw it away and get more. It just feels like such a waste.

The costs and effort Ive already sunk are holding me back.

Which brings me to my question.

If you were running a team, do you think you would get caught up in sunk costs or would you forever be ready to burn it down and figure something else out even if it makes you look like a bad decision-maker?

UC teams devote time and minutes to people who just aren’t working out. You see it all across sports. The most prominent example is probably quarterbacks in football. A team takes one and they tend to take an extra year or two trying to be sure, before they just let it go.

In recent years, a lot of teams have stopped. The Cardinals took Josh Rosen and got rid of his ass the very next season. Remember Michael Carter Williams winning rookie of the year for the 76ers, then being thrown in the trash? Okafor was thrown out too.

It’s cold, but it’s probably a positive development. For as much as we praise it loyalty is probably a bad thing for both players and teams. You need a cut throat like Ainge who will get rid of you after you ruined your career playing through injury and tragedy.

do you imagine you would get caught up much in the sentiment of all these decisions?

You going right into your owners office and telling him you’re throwing away $17 worth of bacon because you shouldn’t have bought it anyway and it’s just putting off the acquisition of better bacon?

Or do you microwave that shitty bacon at every opportunity and tell him how good it is on a salad?

I think I’m gonna throw that bacon away when I get home but I have to admit there’s a strong chance it’s still in my fridge come morning. And I will not buy new bacon if I have 40 pieces of it sitting in my fridge.

I hate to admit it, but I might have kept Michael Carter Williams around.

Kblaze8855
04-04-2024, 03:50 PM
Hell Philly has drafted like eight players a GM would probably want to hang their hat on as a good pick. They got rid of everyone but Embiid. Fultz the only one who just…didn’t play well. They have drafted a lot of people with the name value, and it feels like Embiid is the only one who’s going to retire there

eliteballer
04-06-2024, 02:13 PM
The World Health Organization has classified processed meats including ham, bacon, salami and frankfurts as a Group 1 carcinogen (known to cause cancer) which means that there's strong evidence that processed meats cause cancer. Eating processed meat increases your risk of bowel and stomach cancer..

AlternativeAcc.
04-06-2024, 06:54 PM

Colon cancer is prevalent in the black community. We're worried about you kblaze.

rmt
04-06-2024, 07:34 PM
Heat some olive/coconut oil in pan. Add 1 pack Costco's cauliflower rice (frozen - hit it a bit to loosen clumps beforehand), cut/add Costco's Canadian bacon (Jones' brand - 1 out of the 4 rows) into quarters, add scallions and stir. Add 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce and keep stirring. Healthy, keto, (relatively cheap) bacon fried rice in around 20 minutes.

ArbitraryWater
04-06-2024, 08:39 PM

WHO Bullshit