PDA

View Full Version : Who are you rooting against in the playoffs? I don’t think I have anyone.

Kblaze8855
04-12-2024, 09:26 AM
I’m not sure if it’s my growing general apathy about the league or what but off the top of my head, there isn’t any team in the playoffs or the play in who would bother me to see win. No unusually toxic fan base I can think of. I don’t hate any of the stars. And even some of the annoying flopper types it would be an interesting story.

Who are you actively rooting to see fail? Maybe I can piggyback off your reasons and we can join hands in diabolical hatred in the coming months because I got nothing.

And what’s the playoffs without getting to roll yourself around in the slop of someone’s failure and pain like a hog who absorbs all the ambient suffering from the environment to feed?

warriorfan
04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
Yeah, when you mention it I don’t really have anyone in mind. Maybe Boston? NBA needs to step up their drama

90sgoat
04-12-2024, 09:31 AM
Celtics and Philly.

I'd like to see a finals of Luka vs Brunson.

Grudge match. MJ vs Isiah, but for zoomers.

tpols
04-12-2024, 09:57 AM
Dallas and Golden State.

Edit: read this wrong. I would say anybody the above two teams are playing against.

ArbitraryWater
04-12-2024, 10:03 AM
Suns and Clips for sure.

No thx to these uber stacked teams

Mask the Embiid
04-12-2024, 10:04 AM
Jokic

BarberSchool
04-12-2024, 10:07 AM
Lakers
LeFraud Shames
Anthony Davis

Clippers
(Love PG & like Kawhi & Zubac, but I despise Harden, and hate Westbrick)

Draymond
(Love Splash Bros, but Draymond deserves an embassing career ending injury, where he simultaneously gets kicked in the balls)

Chris Small
(Seriously hate this dude, always did)

Grayson Allen
(Dirtiest player in the game? Maybe)

Atlanta Hawks
(They’re playing against the Bulls)

Akeem34TheDream
04-12-2024, 01:10 PM
OKC. I would get triggered if those boys win the title.

FultzNationRISE
04-12-2024, 01:35 PM
I’ll be rooting heavily against The Refs in their annual matchup vs Lebron.

They seem to be the only “team” each year with the ability to trip him up.

Duffy Pratt
04-12-2024, 01:59 PM
Always root against the Lakers. This time I’d like to see them lose to the Nuggets again, but I’d be satisfied if they didn’t get out of the play-in (not likely to happen).

highwhey
04-12-2024, 03:07 PM
Lakers
LeFraud Shames
Anthony Davis

Clippers
(Love PG & like Kawhi & Zubac, but I despise Harden, and hate Westbrick)

Draymond
(Love Splash Bros, but Draymond deserves an embassing career ending injury, where he simultaneously gets kicked in the balls)

Chris Small
(Seriously hate this dude, always did)

Grayson Allen
(Dirtiest player in the game? Maybe)

Atlanta Hawks
(They’re playing against the Bulls)

the narrative of Grayson Allen being dirty is outdated bro. he's cleaned up his game a lot. from all the suns games i watched this season, not once did i notice him do a dirty play with the exception of an intentional foul here or there where he hugged/prevented injury to the opponent as best he could.

tontoz
04-12-2024, 03:17 PM
Clippers, Suns, and Lakers.

fsvr54
04-12-2024, 03:23 PM
In the West: Lakers and Warriors
East: Bucks, Pacers, Celtics

HylianNightmare
04-12-2024, 03:35 PM
The suns the Lakers the knicks and the Celtics

imdaman99
04-12-2024, 09:11 PM
In the West: Lakers and Warriors
East: Bucks, Pacers, Celtics

This. How do you dislike every team I dislike? :biggums:

BarberSchool
04-12-2024, 11:28 PM
the narrative of Grayson Allen being dirty is outdated bro. he's cleaned up his game a lot. from all the suns games i watched this season, not once did i notice him do a dirty play with the exception of an intentional foul here or there where he hugged/prevented injury to the opponent as best he could.So blatantly injuring multiple players the previous years is all good now ?
Enough time has elapsed to you ?
I didn’t get that memo MF.

If I could get away with it, I’d love to beat that MF face to a bloody pulp for what he did to Caruso.

John8204
04-12-2024, 11:31 PM
Against - Knicks, Clippers, Suns, Hawks, Bulls
Indifferent Negative Nuggets, Celtics, Timberwolves, Kings, Warriors
Indifferent - Positive - 76ers, Magic, Pacers, Bucks, Cavs
For - Mavericks, Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Pelicans

The only top seed I feel any positive towards is OKC...but I'm rooting for Lebron, Luka, Zion, and Butler

Manny98
04-12-2024, 11:41 PM
Against - Celtics and Phoenix

For - Dallas and Lakers

SATAN
04-12-2024, 11:58 PM
Against: Everyone except LeBron James and whoever he has to help

For: LeBron James and whoever he has to help

Axe
04-13-2024, 12:08 AM
Against the heat, the warriors and the clippers. Nuggets as well not because they're annoying or anything. They're a very good team but don't want to see them repeating b2b. I doubt the lakers can win a ring again in a very tight western conference.

Otoh, it'd be fine by me if either the Cs, bucks, thunder, wolves, mavs or the suns would win the ring this year.

fsvr54
04-13-2024, 01:21 AM
This. How do you dislike every team I dislike? :biggums:

Great minds think alike ;).

You probably hate LeChina like I do, are tired of GSW and Klay's stupid face and think Giannis is the most overrated player of all time. Also, as a Hawks fan, Celtics are my all-time most hated franchise. Tyrese Haliburton is overrated and shouldn't even be on the same tier as Brunson.

Jasper
04-13-2024, 09:58 AM
Celtics ... never liked them even with Bird.

Tatum is a cocky SOB that needs to watch his teammate Brown play the game.

Hope they don't get to the finals, cause I want to watch the finals.

Jasper
04-13-2024, 09:59 AM
Great minds think alike ;).

You probably hate LeChina like I do, are tired of GSW and Klay's stupid face and think Giannis is the most overrated player of all time. Also, as a Hawks fan, Celtics are my all-time most hated franchise. Tyrese Haliburton is overrated and shouldn't even be on the same tier as Brunson.

30 PPG and 60% never done in the history of the game = GIANNIS

kawhileonard2
04-14-2024, 09:42 PM
I don't want to see Lebron James keep failing like he always has.

tontoz
05-07-2024, 07:21 PM
Clippers, Suns, and Lakers.

:cheers:

BarberSchool
05-07-2024, 08:09 PM
OKC. I would get triggered if those boys win the title.
What specifically do you hate about em ? OKC seems pretty hard to hate. An overachieving young squad with good chemistry, on the come up ….

I’m def cheering for Kyrie, Luka, Lively, Gafford in this series, but I’m not mad at anybody on OKC, besides maybe Chet for not being able to conquer anorexia yet….

WhiteKyrie
05-07-2024, 08:53 PM
Mavs and Wolves. That’s it

BarberSchool
05-07-2024, 08:58 PM
Mavs and Wolves. That’s it

Which would you root against in THAT WCF ?

90sgoat
05-08-2024, 05:12 PM
Rooting against Wolves and OKC for sure.

WhiteKyrie
05-08-2024, 05:14 PM
Which would you root against in THAT WCF ?

I’m all in on Anthony Edwards. I love that kid.

tontoz
05-08-2024, 05:24 PM
I’m all in on Anthony Edwards. I love that kid.

You're all in on Ant but the Wolves are one of the teams you root against?

WhiteKyrie
05-08-2024, 05:26 PM
You're all in on Ant but the Wolves are one of the teams you root against?

I don’t root against them TF i’m just not a fan of Rudy, tootie, fresh and fruity

Naero
05-08-2024, 10:35 PM
Only the Celtics at this point. Sadly, they're the ones I'd pick to win it all if I had to bet.

Under other circumstances I might've rooted against the Knicks as well, but I actually like how the current team is constructed—no marquee stars like 'Melo getting glorified by the NYC limelight. Plus, it's been too long since they've made a deep run, much less won it all.

GimmeThat
05-09-2024, 10:58 AM
make a wish foundation. probably the most greedy, self-righteous organization who has continuously blow up in the face of those who sought tax relief, by having that bill matured into zero tax exempt

Jasper
05-09-2024, 11:01 AM
oak , wolfs and of course Boston.

first two , they are young and inexperienced.

Boston - well I just hate Tatum

Jasper
05-09-2024, 11:02 AM
Only the Celtics at this point. Sadly, they're the ones I'd pick to win it all if I had to bet.

Under other circumstances I might've rooted against the Knicks as well, but I actually like how the current team is constructed—no marquee stars like 'Melo getting glorified by the NYC limelight. Plus, it's been too long since they've made a deep run, much less won it all.

10 4

eliteballer
05-09-2024, 10:07 PM
You really want these guys to win a chip?

https://www.instagram.com/sidetalknyc/reel/C6gx9IHOYQj/?hl=en

https://www.instagram.com/sidetalknyc/reel/CsHlNP1MNAS/?hl=en

FultzNationRISE
05-09-2024, 10:22 PM
I’ll be rooting heavily against The Refs in their annual matchup vs Lebron.

They seem to be the only “team” each year with the ability to trip him up.

****ing NAILED it :facepalm

Big_Dogg
05-09-2024, 10:24 PM
As long as the Celtics don't win it all, I can live with anyone taking the chip

j3lademaster
05-09-2024, 11:50 PM
oak , wolfs and of course Boston.

first two , they are young and inexperienced.

Boston - well I just hate Tatum
Why Tatum? He seems like a good dude, and it’s not like he turns into peak playoff Kawhi or something and kills your team.

White Hammer
05-10-2024, 12:22 AM
As long as the Celtics don't win it all, I can live with anyone taking the chip

This is the only right answer.

Wardell Curry
05-10-2024, 04:56 AM
Why Tatum? He seems like a good dude, and it’s not like he turns into peak playoff Kawhi or something and kills your team.

Tatum is incredibly unlikable and it's painfully obvious that he thinks he is the primary reason for Boston's success. He's one of the most delusional players I've ever seen.

90sgoat
05-10-2024, 06:19 AM

Fake of the fakest stars.

He's a glorified Glenn Rice or Peja Stojakovich and not as good a shooter.

Manny98
05-10-2024, 09:22 AM
Tatum is incredibly unlikable and it's painfully obvious that he thinks he is the primary reason for Boston's success. He's one of the most delusional players I've ever seen.

This one of the most bland and unlikeable stars over the past decade

Wally450
05-10-2024, 12:56 PM

That's a hell of an opinion.

HylianNightmare
05-10-2024, 02:15 PM
The suns the Lakers the knicks and the Celtics

So bummed on Celtics Knicks ECF

Naero
05-10-2024, 08:06 PM

Tell that to Bucks fans. :coleman: He roadblocked us from a potential championship back in 2022 (https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202205130MIL.html). It seems multiple stars (Tatum, Butler, Durant, Kawhi himself) saved career-best performances for us during the Budenholzer era, partly because of the erstwhile coach's stubbornness against double-teaming them or at least using a more suitable defender.

My Celtics hate centers more around our entire rivalry, though, not just Tatum in particular. It doesn't help that even some of their role-players (e.g., Al Horford) did us in during pivotal games.

kawhileonard2
05-10-2024, 09:36 PM
Denver

brownmamba00
05-11-2024, 05:17 AM
Denver
And boston