(1) Boston vs. (8) Miami

• Game 1: Celtics 114, Heat 94
• Game 2: Heat 111, Celtics 101
• Game 3: Celtics 104, Heat 84
• Game 4: Celtics 102, Heat 88
• Game 5: Celtics 118, Heat 84

Boston wins series 4-1

----------------------

One of the most dominant regular season teams ever versus the essential "playoff team".

If Butler is healthy, this could get interesting.

SATAN
04-19-2024, 09:19 PM
Butler won't be playing.

beasted
04-19-2024, 10:17 PM
Butler won't be playing.:cry:

MrFonzworth
04-19-2024, 11:01 PM
Butler won't be playing.

Asterisk championship if Celtics win

Axe
04-19-2024, 11:15 PM
"R1" finay incuded in thread tite. :rockon:

1987_Lakers
04-19-2024, 11:16 PM
Sweep incoming.

BarberSchool
04-19-2024, 11:42 PM
Easy first round for Boston, giving them plenty of rest before anything gets serious.

Jasper
04-20-2024, 12:00 AM
celtics in 4

Butler plays -
Celtics in 4

bison
04-20-2024, 12:51 AM
Asterisk championship if Celtics win

Yup. Their playoff is set to ‘rookie mode’. Cheapest ring ever if they win it.

Im Still Ballin
04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
ISB's expert pick: 4-2 BOS.

Proctor
04-20-2024, 10:32 AM
Celtics in 6

FultzNationRISE
04-20-2024, 11:12 AM
4-1 Thelticsth

fsvr54
04-20-2024, 05:05 PM
It would be hilarious if the Heat win without Butler

Axe
04-20-2024, 06:54 PM
Cs had a lot of rest. There should be no excuses here if things don't go their way.

Jasper
04-20-2024, 07:17 PM
It would be hilarious if the Heat win without Butler

it is possible , but I would not doubt Tatum goes Hero and scores 70 in a game , throws his wad and is a douche bag rest of playoffs, when they lose in the 2nd round ....

Jasper
04-20-2024, 07:18 PM
Cs had a lot of rest. There should be no excuses here if things don't go their way.

Axe u r starting to sound like patsy .. bring your man up and predict series games.

Manny98
04-21-2024, 03:22 AM
No Butler, Celtics get lucky break, not even gonna bother watching this series Celtics in 4

Nowoco
04-21-2024, 10:23 AM
I cannot believe how much NBA analysts and social media have already put the Celtics in the Finals. As if it's just routine that they will do so. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose whether they make it to the Finals or not. Straight up choice. I would say not. Never trust an Eastern conference team with a good record. They're an accident waiting to happen. This series could be a nightmare for them, even without Butler.

FKAri
04-21-2024, 01:19 PM
I cannot believe how much NBA analysts and social media have already put the Celtics in the Finals. As if it's just routine that they will do so. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose whether they make it to the Finals or not. Straight up choice. I would say not. Never trust an Eastern conference team with a good record. They're an accident waiting to happen. This series could be a nightmare for them, even without Butler.

There's no one in the East in their league. Celtics not making the Finals would be a disaster and should be ridiculed. The Celtics do have a tendency to get complacent and rattled in tight games though because they have little experience. This is what will cost them when they play a team that is in their ball park talent wise.

tpols
04-21-2024, 01:19 PM
The Heat are a DISASTER without Jimmy Butler.

tpols
04-21-2024, 01:21 PM

Eh... with butler, giannis and embiid all hurt its gonna be a ****ing cakewalk for Boston to make the Finals.

ShawkFactory
04-21-2024, 01:26 PM
Eh... with butler, giannis and embiid all hurt its gonna be a ****ing cakewalk for Boston to make the Finals.

I think the Knicks’ toughness will give them problems but yea overall I don’t see any series going more than 6.

bluechox2
04-21-2024, 01:31 PM
adebayo needs to take some celtics with him on the way out...dig them knees deep and kick out on all screens..strategically put your feet on all their landong zones...what am i saying..he already knows this

FultzNationRISE
04-21-2024, 01:31 PM
Celtics need a few more contested step backs early in the clock from Tatum.

bluechox2
04-21-2024, 01:37 PM
even after that shit show, miami ant that far back

tpols

Celtics gotta attack more if they want to beat Denver or Dallas. They're just chucking 3s every single possession.

Im Still Ballin

Dude would get benched so fast back in the day if he did that shit. Needs better shot selection and basketball IQ.

Im Still Ballin
04-21-2024, 01:40 PM
The fact Miami is only down three is a testament to how well they play together as a team. The talent discrepancy is dramatic.

Im Still Ballin
04-21-2024, 01:52 PM
Spoke too soon. This is more like it!

FultzNationRISE
04-21-2024, 01:52 PM
I will give Tatum credit tho, he’s slowed up on the mamba mentality as the half went on and started moving the ball more, up to six assists on the half. Even his iso’s now he’s being patient and making sure the defense isnt giving him a better option to go to first.

bluechox2
04-21-2024, 01:54 PM
heat look like a top 3 lottery team

FultzNationRISE
04-21-2024, 02:26 PM
Heat just have no chance to keep offensive pace with the Celtics, no matter how hard they battle.

This should be a clean sweep. Celtics may even get a chance to rest guys in some of these fourth quarters.

bluechox2
04-21-2024, 02:27 PM
celtics just chucking 3s...

Nowoco
04-21-2024, 02:38 PM
celtics just chucking 3s...

They're going in and they're up 20. They may as well.

FKAri
04-21-2024, 02:48 PM
My earlier prediction for final score was 95-115. The way this is going it might be an even bigger blowout. This series will be a sweep or a 4-1 if they happen to shoot atrocious from 3 one game.

FultzNationRISE
04-21-2024, 02:56 PM
Bam’s scored some nice buckets going 1 on 1 in the paint even against KP, problem is they went away from it once the Celtics started getting scoreboard separation with those three point avalanches.

They should keep playing thru Bam to put pressure on the defense, altho it will ultimately be moot if the Celtics keep shooting like this. The Heat have no way to keep pace.

Even if Butler had played I dont think it changes much. Theres nothing you can do against a nonstop five spread shooting a collective 45% from three. The Celtics are just a buzzsaw right now.

tpols
04-21-2024, 03:06 PM
Bam’s scored some nice buckets going 1 on 1 in the paint even against KP, problem is they went away from it once the Celtics started getting scoreboard separation with those three point avalanches.

They should keep playing thru Bam to put pressure on the defense, altho it will ultimately be moot if the Celtics keep shooting like this. The Heat have no way to keep pace.

Even if Butler had played I dont think it changes much. Theres nothing you can do against a nonstop five spread shooting a collective 45% from three. The Celtics are just a buzzsaw right now.

Porzingis unlocked their max spacing strategy. If your 7'3 center is the best shooter on the court everybody is in trouble.

FultzNationRISE
04-21-2024, 03:08 PM
Porzingis unlocked their max spacing strategy. If your 7'3 center is the best shooter on the court everybody is in trouble.

Why doesnt Lebron ever get to play on teams this good??

ImKobe
04-21-2024, 03:09 PM

The Heat can shoot 3s too. Last year's Playoffs their run happened in part because they'd have a bunch of games shooting 40+% from 3 on good volume. They definitely can turn it on from 3 and match that output but might be asking a little too much without Jimmy facilitating it.

Boston shot 30% to Miami's 43% from 3 in the ECF last year.

BarberSchool
04-21-2024, 03:10 PM

Jimmy is a guy who scores 95% of his points from 2’s and free throws.
Even at his best, his own scoring cannot help Miami keep pace with what the Zingis-enhanced Celtics spacing can do from 3.

Heat are gonna have to find a way (sans Jimmy penetrate and kick) to maximize the 3pt attempts of Love, Robinson, Herro, and Martin, while forcing Boston to take more contested two’s … to even have a chance to keep these games seeming competitive… if that’s possible with their limited size and health.

90sgoat
04-21-2024, 03:11 PM

Porzingis is more important for his midrange and post scoring. Not because it is more effective, but because if everyone knows you're only going to chuck 3s, they're not going to bother guarding the paint. If you have someone who can score inside, then they have to commit some energy to that.

RRR3
04-21-2024, 03:49 PM
Would have been a great series with Jimmy. **** the playin. **** Silver

FultzNationRISE
04-21-2024, 03:59 PM
The Heat can shoot 3s too. Last year's Playoffs their run happened in part because they'd have a bunch of games shooting 40+% from 3 on good volume. They definitely can turn it on from 3 and match that output but might be asking a little too much without Jimmy facilitating it.

Boston shot 30% to Miami's 43% from 3 in the ECF last year.

The Celtics were starting Marc Smart and Rob Williams that series. Now it’s KP and Jrue. Plus bigger roles for Pritchard and Hauser.

Meanwhile the Heat lost Vincent who was hot in the playoffs, plus Lowry. And Herro’s taking Robinson’s minutes.

It’s a totally different matchup in terms of shooting this time IMO.

I agree the Heat can shoot better than they did today, but I dont see them keeping up with these Celtics for a series this time, even with Jimmy.

GimmeThat
04-22-2024, 02:57 AM
1. if Jason Tatum is allowed to post up, it's over.
2. if Jason Tatum isn't allowed to post up and you can't beat the Celtics in 2nd chance points (HCA) it's over.

Mask the Embiid
04-22-2024, 10:22 AM
I will give Tatum credit tho, he’s slowed up on the mamba mentality as the half went on and started moving the ball more, up to six assists on the half. Even his iso’s now he’s being patient and making sure the defense isnt giving him a better option to go to first.

They always say role players play better at home in the playoffs. Congrats on the triple double tatum (arm flex emoji) :applause:

No 2 way wigs, no jimmy butler, no Giannis, and probably no lebron or kyrie. Looks like Tatum finally as a clear road to the finals. All his "stoppers" are out of the way

Real Men Wear Green
04-23-2024, 06:47 PM
https://share.newsbreak.com/6pqc2clo

I don't blame them for going out after a loss, it will get you criticized but it doesn't mean you aren't trying. I just don't get how someone that lives in Miami could tolerate the Boston club scene. My party days are long over but our puritanical laws are still in place which means the club closes at 2am and if you are looking for a strip bar you're going to be driving for a bit. Having been to Miami a little in the past? It doesn't compare. Why would you even bother?

RRR3
04-24-2024, 07:27 PM
Still cant believe Jimmy is out ugh

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2024, 07:33 PM
It’s crazy the Heat have a vet cast that’s been title contending the last four years ,and yet they also have a legit young core with Jovic, Highsmith, and Jacquez

Edit: I guess Highsmith’s a little older than I realized at 27. Thought he was a young guy for some reason. But still crazy how much depth Miami has at various ages.

RRR3
04-24-2024, 07:35 PM
Highsmith is 27 he's not part of any young core.

SATAN
04-24-2024, 07:53 PM
This series sucks. We all know who's gonna win unless Tatum and Brown have an epic meltdown.

Hey Yo
04-24-2024, 07:58 PM
That was a crazy stat

Boston had more 30pt leads this season, than 10pt deficits

tpols
04-24-2024, 08:29 PM
(2000) Gladiator is on right now with Russell Crowe and Joaquin pheonix in it. Masterpiece.

Mask the Embiid
04-24-2024, 08:44 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/9MZfY4zt/IMG-8932.jpg

Proctor
04-24-2024, 08:47 PM
Celtics are just so utterly flaccid sometimes.

Come on Heat :cheers:

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2024, 08:52 PM
(2000) Gladiator is on right now with Russell Crowe and Joaquin pheonix in it. Masterpiece.

Aaron Gordon always reminds me of a gladiator.

L.Kizzle
04-24-2024, 08:55 PM
When is Jimmy Butler available, lol.

RRR3
04-24-2024, 08:58 PM
When is Jimmy Butler available, lol.
Not this series sadly, Celtics are so lucky.

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2024, 09:08 PM
Series gets a huge spark if Miami pulls this out

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2024, 09:27 PM
Boston needs to work more high entry passes to KP. He doesnt have a low center of gravity, hes not gonna just back guys down from the block. I know he had some statistical success against on switches in the regular season but he's really not a post player. But he has good touch, hes gotta position himself deep and then they can just lob it in to him, he keeps it high and turns and scores. I dont recall a single lob to him in either of these games even though it was working just fine in the regular season. I dont get it.

Airupthere
04-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Lol at the celtics. They never learn.

RRR3
04-24-2024, 09:31 PM
Classic Celshits :roll:

If Jimmy could play they'd blow it for sure

BarberSchool
04-24-2024, 09:33 PM
Even though this victory gets more interest in this series, I don’t think many outside the Miami-dade general area think Boston won’t win this series.

But what is interesting about Boston being matched up against a superior coaching staff and organization… is that Miami is going to figure a few things out, and show every other squad Boston will have to face this year, some weak spots, exploitables, etc

Tonight, Miami showed the league how to beat Boston at their own game.
Kudos to Spo & the entire roster, for their efforts tonight.

Real Men Wear Green
04-24-2024, 09:37 PM
I can't remember Porzingis ever having such a bad game as a Celtic...I dont think Pritchard took even one shot... and the three point line was not defended. So those are the three big things for Mazzulla to address. Porzingis I fully expect to bounce back without much adjustment, He did a lot of the things he normally does and just missed. Though I suspect that both Porzingis and Pritchard struggling had much to do with to much one on one basketball. Derrick White was also not properly involved until the fourth quarter, thinking about it. Need to see them speed up tempo and move the ball more/better.

Airupthere
04-24-2024, 09:37 PM
Classic Celshits :roll:

If Jimmy could play they'd blow it for sure

Heat would be 2-0 of jimmy played. Same story as last year.

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2024, 09:38 PM
Amazing victory.

Sadly, I think it will feel a one-off, like Sixers / Lakers 2001, or Jazz-Grizz 2021.

This would be a hell of a series with Jimmy, like every time they play. Heat would give them hell.

fsvr54
04-24-2024, 09:42 PM
Let's phukkin go!!!!

FultzNationRISE
04-24-2024, 10:16 PM
Amazing victory.

Sadly, I think it will feel a one-off, like Sixers / Lakers 2001, or Jazz-Grizz 2021.

This would be a hell of a series with Jimmy, like every time they play. Heat would give them hell.

Yeah, Celtics really dont need to be worried.

The Heat were out there breaking records with their three point shooting. It’s very unlikely to be sustainable over the series. Like Charles said at halftime, they were shooting lights out and still finished the first half BEHIND by 3. They stayed hot in the second half and got the win, gotta give em credit, but the odds are not with them continuing to out gun the Celtics.

ImKobe
04-24-2024, 10:21 PM
Man the Cs are so lucky Jimmy's not there as well. Would be nothing better than these guys losing in the 1st round after all that hype. "80% title odds" my ass.

Wally450
04-24-2024, 10:27 PM
The Heat did a good job initiating the offense early on with Bam. Either let him go one on one in the post, or bring the double and have him kick it out. Then Herro got going. Drop coverage against him isn't going to work. He'll take and most likely make those shots if you give them to him regularly. Shades of the 22 Finals watching tonight.

Porzingis was awful tonight. Offensively and defensively. I saw with a couple minutes left that the Celtics were like a +24 with him off the floor and something like a -33 with him on the floor. Gotta be better than that. Marcus Smart wouldn't have played that bad.

Finally, Miami won't shoot that good again. Yes, they had a lot of open looks, but they were banging shots right in the defenses face. They set the franchise record for most 3s for god sakes.

Oh well, GG. Onto game 3.

Axe
04-25-2024, 12:05 AM
Looks like mazzulla still sucks at coaching. He can't seem to replicate the success that udoka did for his team two years ago.

Nowoco
04-25-2024, 03:18 AM

I rest my case :pimp:

Manny98
04-25-2024, 03:47 AM
Eat shit Boston

Tatum proving he's not that guy once again

https://i.postimg.cc/25dw6BJ0/kyrie-irving-stomp.gif

GimmeThat
04-25-2024, 04:23 AM
if you watch the movie This Means War starring Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Reese Witherspoon, where Tyler Herro IS Reese Witherspoon, everything will make sense, I promise.

Nowoco
04-25-2024, 04:34 AM
Boston home record in regular season since May 2022: 69-13
Boston at home in playoffs: 10-13

Natural born chokers.

Mask the Embiid
04-25-2024, 10:49 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/X7DRt9tw/IMG-2040.jpg

Looks like uncle Caleb got the kids til Giannis papa giannis gets out of the hospital

GimmeThat
04-25-2024, 10:56 AM

Looks like uncle Caleb got the kids til Giannis papa giannis gets out of the hospital

you mean uncle Caleb told the popo he accidentally drowned a few kids when it's because he couldn't afford the food bill?

Manny98
04-25-2024, 11:57 AM

:roll:

brownmamba00
04-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Miami odds for tonight is crazy.

Nowoco
04-27-2024, 06:16 PM
This is the most important game of the series. If the Celtics win then its normal service resumed but if Miami can pull it out, the Celtics chokejob train will be leaving the station and they'll collectively be shit right up. The analysts/social media will rip them apart also.

FultzNationRISE
04-27-2024, 06:23 PM
Celtics starting out too strong, Jaylen Brown making sure to balance it out with a little Mamba Mentality. A solid six points on 9 shots in the first eight minutes.

TheMan
04-27-2024, 06:29 PM
This is the most important game of the series. If the Celtics win then its normal service resumed but if Miami can pull it out, the Celtics chokejob train will be leaving the station and they'll collectively be shit right up. The analysts/social media will rip them apart also.

Maybe not tonight or even in this series but I fully expect Jason Tatum's annual postseason disappearing act to happen eventually.

Duffy Pratt
04-27-2024, 06:31 PM
When was the last time a playoff team had 12 points in the first quarter?

Wally450
04-27-2024, 06:32 PM
Maybe not tonight or even in this series but I fully expect Jason Tatum's annual postseason disappearing act to happen eventually.

Happened in the third quarter of last game lol. I'm with you, he disappears to often for me to have enough confidence in him to have a killer instinct and take over games like his idol Kobe.

Btw, solid first quarter defensively. Offense was subpar outside of Jaylen early on.

FultzNationRISE
04-27-2024, 06:32 PM
It must be so wild to be Payton Pritchard. The majority of Americans really dont know many NBA players, and he is easily the least believable guy in the league if you just met him out and about and he said he was an NBA player. He probably has to pull out his phone constantly and show incredulous people clips of him dropping threes over Lebron and Curry because nobody believes him :lol

Nowoco
04-27-2024, 06:35 PM
When was the last time a playoff team had 12 points in the first quarter?

Dallas scored 8 in the 2nd quarter the other night.

j3lademaster
04-27-2024, 06:40 PM
It must be so wild to be Payton Pritchard. The majority of Americans really dont know many NBA players, and he is easily the least believable guy in the league if you just met him out and about and he said he was an NBA player. He probably has to pull out his phone constantly and show incredulous people clips of him dropping threes over Lebron and Curry because nobody believes him :lol
Gonna throw Tj Mcconnell in there too. Trae’s kinda famous so people know he can ball, but he felt shorter than me when I saw him(I’m 6’1). Like, noticeably. I felt like I could body this dude one on one(obviously I don’t stand a chance).

TheMan
04-27-2024, 06:55 PM
Happened in the third quarter of last game lol. I'm with you, he disappears to often for me to have enough confidence in him to have a killer instinct and take over games like his idol Kobe.

Btw, solid first quarter defensively. Offense was subpar outside of Jaylen early on.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the kid but until he goes on an entire postseason run where he doesn't go Houdini, I'm not buying into the hype.

Wally450
04-27-2024, 10:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the kid but until he goes on an entire postseason run where he doesn't go Houdini, I'm not buying into the hype.

His lack of a killer instinct in tough moments is where a lot of Celtics fans grow weary of him.

GimmeThat
04-28-2024, 01:19 AM
the Heat organization as a whole is just gonna have a tough time pondering whether this was a result from playing young and reckless, or finally playing up to their maturity.

Real Men Wear Green
04-28-2024, 07:42 AM
The current Leaderboard of Total Playoff Points (before turning 27): 1. Kobe ... https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/1cex5lc/the_current_leaderboard_of_total_playoff_points/

I don't think he's that bad.

elementally morale
04-29-2024, 08:02 PM
Derrick White really hit 4 threes in the first 9 minutes?

j3lademaster
04-29-2024, 08:02 PM
Pretty hilarious how little people care about this series lol.

SATAN
04-29-2024, 08:25 PM
lol...Heat have no chance.

Axe
04-29-2024, 08:34 PM
Cs gotta pull away or maintain their lead before the heat could mount a furious run later.

Manny98
04-29-2024, 08:59 PM
White carrying the brick brothers :applause:

SATAN
04-29-2024, 09:05 PM
Drug test White ASAP.

Real Men Wear Green
04-29-2024, 09:06 PM
White carrying the brick brothers :applause:
Do you think he could have saved Irving and Durant?

RRR3
04-29-2024, 09:21 PM
There was never a chance once Jimmy went down, sadly. I'm just glad they got a game.

Axe
04-29-2024, 09:42 PM
Lol are the Cs starting to choke?

SATAN
04-29-2024, 09:45 PM
Hahaha what a ridiculous call.

FultzNationRISE
04-29-2024, 10:05 PM
Yo the Celtics are actually crazy.

Tatum 5-14
Brown 7-18
KP 1-5 in the 14 minutes he even played
Holiday 4-10

And they win by double digits :roll:

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2024, 10:49 PM

Tatum 5-14
Brown 7-18
Holiday 4-10

they were up 30 too or almost 30

fsvr54
04-30-2024, 12:35 AM
Knicks can beat the Celtics in the ECF.

Brunson will destroy White

ArbitraryWater
04-30-2024, 08:31 AM
Knicks can beat the Celtics in the ECF.

Brunson will destroy White

Knicks in the finals? :oldlol:

tpols
04-30-2024, 10:51 AM
Knew zingis wouldn't stay healthy. Boston lucky the 4-5 seeds are so weak. And they're still way more talented than the Knicks. They pretty much have a free path to the Finals anyways.

tpols
04-30-2024, 10:58 AM

Tatum 5-14
Brown 7-18
Holiday 4-10

That's what I'm saying if they actually shoot well its a total wrap.

Airupthere
04-30-2024, 12:02 PM
Any updates on KP?

Real Men Wear Green
04-30-2024, 12:41 PM
Any updates on KP?
The preliminary diagnosis is calf tightness but they will examine it in more depth today. Porzingis himself says it will be fine. Here's what will happen based on what we've seen so far this season, how the Celtics have handled his injuries: He won't play in Game 5. If the Heat puch it to 7 games he may come back this series but otherwise the Celtics are going to rest him. If the Celtics are able to end the series without him the second X-Factor is Cavs/Magic. If that goes to 7 games he could returnin Game 1 or 2. If it ends in Game 6 the Celtics may just see if they can beat the winner of that series at home without him. Either way everyone hoping that this injury ends the Celtics season is going to be disappointed.

FultzNationRISE
04-30-2024, 01:35 PM
The Celtics can still win short term without him, when he missed games in the regular season they were still pummeling playoff teams by double digits without missing a beat. Theyve still got Big Al who does a lot of the things KP does, just doesnt block as many shots and is much older ofc so he's not gonna be around long term. But they're still favorites in each game vs the Heat without him, and frankly they could and should beat the Cavs or Magic without him too. It's really only the conference finals and finals where they'd wanna be sure to have all hands on deck.

Wally450
05-01-2024, 02:32 PM
Close this series out tonight and get guys some rest. Let these other series go 7 games and beat each other up. Tatum playing on a bum ankle, KP needing all the time he can get to come back from that strained calf, and I'm sure other guys are banged up.

The Heat are missing some players as well, so this is our night to close it out at home.

Mask the Embiid
05-01-2024, 06:20 PM
It was just a matter of time before one of porzingis’s leg fell off like an overused action figure. Lucky for them they have a bye this round playing against the horrible butlerless heat

beasted
05-01-2024, 06:22 PM
No Jimmy, Rozier, Jacquez, or Richardson... 4 guys they expected to be in their playoff rotation.

HEAT will still play with class and effort, but they need to be put out of their misery already.

I'd like to see this team shaken up now that Riley will be retiring.

brownmamba00
05-01-2024, 08:07 PM
Miami defense not there

FultzNationRISE
05-01-2024, 08:16 PM
Altho Boston will beat whoever they play next, I think matchup wise it’s gonna be more interesting. Miami is basically just a worse version of Boston. Stylistically theyre very similar.

Orlando and Cleveland are younger, more physical, more athletic. Neither is gonna have a chance, but itll be interesting to see the contrast in styles and how much they can push Boston with it.

RRR3
05-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Credit to the guys for taking a game off this juggernaut despite being incredibly underhanded. All that could be done really.

Axe
05-01-2024, 09:27 PM
Close this series out tonight and get guys some rest. Let these other series go 7 games and beat each other up. Tatum playing on a bum ankle, KP needing all the time he can get to come back from that strained calf, and I'm sure other guys are banged up.

The Heat are missing some players as well, so this is our night to close it out at home.
So it's fair to say both teams are hobbled. Just that one of them is obviously much worse.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2024, 09:27 PM
So it's fair to say both teams are hobbled. Just that one of them is obviously much worse.

its fair to say the Celtics are missing an equivalent to Butler? :eek:

Axe
05-01-2024, 09:31 PM
its fair to say the Celtics are missing an equivalent to Butler? :eek:
:oldlol:

Don't jinx them mao.

j3lademaster
05-01-2024, 09:31 PM
Welp, nothing to see here. Guess I’ll finish up on the yardwork.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2024, 09:32 PM
:oldlol:

Don't jinx them mao.

I bet the Cetics to win by this by 20+ ookin goood

Wally450
05-01-2024, 09:35 PM
Good. Get this series done and rest for a few days. Let the others go 7 and beat each other up.

AlternativeAcc.
05-01-2024, 09:46 PM
Tatum really is just another guy on this team. I'm not sure there is a "best player" on the Celtics. Excellent team, but the lack of "the man" for this team may come to haunt them in the finals.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2024, 09:51 PM
its fair to say the Celtics are missing an equivalent to Butler? :eek:Butler is more important to the Heat because they have a lot less talent and he's their most important player but basic stats of the two are pretty close.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2024, 09:52 PM
Tatum really is just another guy on this team. I'm not sure there is a "best player" on the Celtics. Excellent team, but the lack of "the man" for this team may come to haunt them in the finals.
Everyone can't be KD.

FultzNationRISE
05-01-2024, 10:00 PM

Maybe, but most times when teams have that problem it's because they have nobody who is able to be the man if need be.

On a given night anyone on the Celtics CAN go off, just like we saw Derrick White do the last couple games. Other nights it can be Tatum, Brown, or Porzingis. It's just not usually necessary for the Celtics because they have so many capable scorers to swing the ball around to.

A matchup with the Nuggets would be a hell of a series tho. I remember one of their regular season games being a playoff type atmosphere where the Nuggets won at the end on an Aaron Gordon putback jam. I dont remember the outcome of the other game.

That's the seven game series I wanna see.

AlternativeAcc.
05-02-2024, 12:37 AM
Maybe, but most times when teams have that problem it's because they have nobody who is able to be the man if need be.

On a given night anyone on the Celtics CAN go off, just like we saw Derrick White do the last couple games. Other nights it can be Tatum, Brown, or Porzingis. It's just not usually necessary for the Celtics because they have so many capable scorers to swing the ball around to.

A matchup with the Nuggets would be a hell of a series tho. I remember one of their regular season games being a playoff type atmosphere where the Nuggets won at the end on an Aaron Gordon putback jam. I dont remember the outcome of the other game.

That's the seven game series I wanna see.
Thats true. They have a ton of guys who can step up at any given time. But in tight games with Jokic/Murray on the other side.. there's gonna be internal pressure for Tatum to be that guy... but he's not that guy. The reality is that a lot of these games come down to which superstar gets the hottest late. Maxey recently is a good example, and Harden the other night. Basically the Nuggets have the best combo of that by far and the Celtics have the quality problem. There's nobody that can match Jokic/Murray's late game excellence and I think it's gonna bite them

FultzNationRISE
05-02-2024, 02:05 AM
Thats true. They have a ton of guys who can step up at any given time. But in tight games with Jokic/Murray on the other side.. there's gonna be internal pressure for Tatum to be that guy... but he's not that guy. The reality is that a lot of these games come down to which superstar gets the hottest late. Maxey recently is a good example, and Harden the other night. Basically the Nuggets have the best combo of that by far and the Celtics have the quality problem. There's nobody that can match Jokic/Murray's late game excellence and I think it's gonna bite them

True :lol

beasted
05-02-2024, 05:07 PM

He doesn't need to be that guy. He just needs to be good enough. It's a team sport.

There are tons of NBA champs who've won without "that guy" and beat teams with "that guy". All Detroit teams who've won, both Kawhi led teams, 2011 Mavs, I'd even argue the last Boston team to win didn't have "that guy". Tatum is much better offensively than Pierce and KG at that point.

You just need to be good enough at the right time with the right teammates.

AlternativeAcc.
05-02-2024, 07:19 PM
He doesn't need to be that guy. He just needs to be good enough. It's a team sport.

There are tons of NBA champs who've won without "that guy" and beat teams with "that guy". All Detroit teams who've won, both Kawhi led teams, 2011 Mavs, I'd even argue the last Boston team to win didn't have "that guy". Tatum is much better offensively than Pierce and KG at that point.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but that it lowers their chances significantly. Even some of the examples you cite required superstars on opposing teams to have hellish performances. LeBron in 2011 had the worst series of his career, Kobe in 04 completely imploded. Jokic/Murray have zero chemistry issues and Denver as a whole have zero chemistry issues. They're a well-oiled machine and if Jokic/Murray are firing on all cylinders, which they typically are in big moments, it's the biggest advantage you can have in the sport.

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2024, 07:44 PM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/002/128/907/730.png

AlternativeAcc.
05-02-2024, 08:19 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/002/128/907/730.png

I didn't even internalize that... yeah Dirk in 2011 was "the man" and same for Kawhi in 2019

lol

ArbitraryWater
05-02-2024, 08:31 PM
I didn't even internalize that... yeah Dirk in 2011 was "the man" and same for Kawhi in 2019

lol

that was so far off field that you wouldnt even consider he was making that point so it prob registers as the opposite or some shit lmao

beasted
05-03-2024, 12:03 AM

lol

Neither of those guys produced stats any better than Tatum has shown he is capable of producing over the last 4 years. Anyone who says others will back their argument on intangibles and some nonsense pseudo "it factor" and not back it by the numbers.

Over the last 4 years (purposely excluding his first 2 years when he wasn't the #1 option on his team), Tatum has produced on a comparable level of any star who isn't in the GOAT conversation.

It's just a matter of right rhythm, right timing for him and the Celtics. I'm not even a fan of his, but people have developed some insane standards for greatness recently.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2024, 07:42 AM
Neither of those guys produced stats any better than Tatum has shown he is capable of producing over the last 4 years. Anyone who says others will back their argument on intangibles and some nonsense pseudo "it factor" and not back it by the numbers.

Over the last 4 years (purposely excluding his first 2 years when he wasn't the #1 option on his team), Tatum has produced on a comparable level of any star who isn't in the GOAT conversation.

It's just a matter of right rhythm, right timing for him and the Celtics. I'm not even a fan of his, but people have developed some insane standards for greatness recently.

Bro are you retarded?

Kawhi outscored the next best scorer by 11 points in the playoffs and Dirk outscored the next best scorer by 10 points.

They were quite clearly "that guy", as you falsely said those teams didnt have a man, which is so hilarously retarded when those teams are known to have been some of the biggest 1-man band champions ever.

How you somehow mixed teams like the Pistons or 2014 Spurs with the 2011 Mavericks or 2019 Raptors is mindboggling.

FultzNationRISE
05-03-2024, 02:51 PM

Intangibles are definitely a thing. Numbers never tell the whole story.

ShawkFactory
05-03-2024, 03:12 PM

So you're saying raw numbers are the only thing that matter?

I'd suggest you go back and watch some of those 2011 Mavs games. Dirk absolutely took games over at the end.

That's what being "the guy" means in this context.

beasted
05-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Bro are you retarded?

Kawhi outscored the next best scorer by 11 points in the playoffs and Dirk outscored the next best scorer by 10 points.

They were quite clearly "that guy", as you falsely said those teams didnt have a man, which is so hilarously retarded when those teams are known to have been some of the biggest 1-man band champions ever.

How you somehow mixed teams like the Pistons or 2014 Spurs with the 2011 Mavericks or 2019 Raptors is mindboggling.
Wait a second, did you just use total playoff points across all series as a measure of impact? Your argument is incoherent, but if I understood that right, you very well may be the biggest idiot in the history of analysis given that we have so many more logical measures for a player's scoring ability. Total points is somehow even worse than PPG, and you didn't even use that. It's like you purposely decided on the stupidest measure imaginable.

beasted
05-03-2024, 04:59 PM
So you're saying raw numbers are the only thing that matter?

I'd suggest you go back and watch some of those 2011 Mavs games. Dirk absolutely took games over at the end.

That's what being "the guy" means in this context.
It is not easy to compare splits and tracking stats in the clutch. I took a more high level approach of comparing their offensive rating and points per possession across an entire playoff run.

In that regard, Tatum is very much comparable to Kawhi and Dirk's playoff peaks. When you get to cherry picking their best series it becomes even closer.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2024, 05:48 PM
Tatum has scored the third-most total postseason points of any player in NBA history before the age of 27. Third and counting, in fact. The two guys ahead of him are Lebron james and Kobe. There is a solid chance that he will pass James. And if he does... people will be saying the exact same things. There are very few superstars in NBA history that have done more in the playoffs than Tatum at Tatum's same age. And he continues to mature and improve. He is not as good as Jokic right now but that does not mean he can't lead the Celtics to the championship this season. Championships are won by the best team, which is not at all the same thing as having the best player.

Axe
05-03-2024, 06:38 PM
Championships are won by the best team, which is not at all the same thing as having the best player.
Majority of ish here, mostly player stans, don't realize this. :ohwell: