PDA

View Full Version : I saw Jamal Murray grab at his calf last night. If he goes down it’s over.

Mask the Embiid
04-28-2024, 10:17 AM
We all know jokic cant carry a team by himself.. we’ve seen him get his ass beat countless times without Murray.. he always fails without Murray.he’s not the type of player to put a team on his back and carry it through a playoff run. He’s not a Lebron james or Hakeem or someone like that. He’s not even in that realm as a player. Let’s all hope Murray doesn’t go down, because the nuggets won’t stand a chance vs any team in the playoffs without him. No Murray no chip…… I want to see them lose as full strength, so it’s no excuses. Unlike you haters. I don’t root for ppl to get hurt. I want them at full strength. I don’t get enjoyment out of watching jokic getting his ass kicked by the warriors or swept by Devin Booker because his team is not at 100% and he’s not good enough to carry the load by himself . I’m not you. I don’t celebrate when people lose at half strength

Jasper
04-28-2024, 10:26 AM
cramp not enough fluids

Mask the Embiid
04-28-2024, 10:29 AM
cramp not enough fluids

Nice. Hopefully, he is fully healthy for the entire run. So when they lose to toody it’s all that much better. Or maybe they will be the 1st team to fumble a series up 3-0 to the lakers. Please let this happen

tontoz
04-28-2024, 10:35 AM
Murray has been garbage this series and they are still up 3-1.

Secondly Jokic actually has won a playoff series without Murray. He had Compazzo and Austin Rivers in the starting lineup. :lol

Mask the Embiid
04-28-2024, 10:36 AM
Murray has been garbage this series and they are still up 3-1.

Secondly Jokic actually has won a playoff series without Murray. He had Compazzo and Austin Rivers in the starting lineup. :lol

He can’t do it to the finals…he’s not that type of player

tontoz
04-28-2024, 10:39 AM
He can’t do it to the finals…he’s not that type of player

Who has won a chip without their 2nd best player? :confusedshrug:

Mask the Embiid
04-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Who has won a chip without their 2nd best player? :confusedshrug:

I didn’t say win a ring I said get to the finals

Lebron….dwight Howard….. Dirk…Hakeem…curry… you want me to keep going? That’s just off the top of the head

Anyway no reason to go back and forth. Glad Murray is healthy. That’s all we want is a healthy playoff run for these players…..well most of us. Some of us root for ppl to get hurt because we are terrified to see said player have a 100% healthy playoff run because we dread what the outcome could be. Don’t be one of those ppl

tontoz
04-28-2024, 10:47 AM

Lebron….dwight Howard….. Dirk…Hakeem…curry… you want me to keep going? That’s just off the top of the head

Anyway no reason to go back and forth. Glad Murray is healthy. That’s all we want is a healthy playoff run for these players…..well most of us

When did those guys win 3 straight series without their 2nd option?

1987_Lakers
04-28-2024, 10:49 AM

Dwight Howard? Dude had Rashard Lewis dropping 20 a night and Hedo playing good basketball.

When did Curry win a chip without his 2nd best player? I sure hope you don't mean Durant, they won 73 games without him and already had a good cast.

And Dirk & Hakeem never lost their 2nd options when they won a chip.

Mask the Embiid
04-28-2024, 10:56 AM
Dwight Howard? Dude had Rashard Lewis dropping 20 a night and Hedo playing good basketball.

When did Curry win a chip without his 2nd best player? I sure hope you don't mean Durant, they won 73 games without him and already had a good cast.

And Dirk & Hakeem never lost their 2nd options when they won a chip.

Hakeem didn’t have a second option at all his 1st ring
Dirk loss Caron butler
Curry made it to the finals when kd went down vs the rockets
Dwight loss his all star teammate jameer Nelson

Next!

1987_Lakers
04-28-2024, 11:10 AM
Dirk loss Caron butler

Next!

Alot of those championship contenders didn't have a great 2nd option in '94. Who did David Robinson have? Who did Reggie Miller have? Who did Pippen have? The Knicks had John Starks. :oldlol:

Jason Terry averaged more points and was a better playmaker than Butler right before Butler got injured

Curry had Klay dropping 20 a night and was on his way to be FMVP if the Warriors won and he didn't get injured.

Dwight beat the Celtics without KG and the Cavs with LeBron and a bunch of nobodies

Next!

tontoz
04-28-2024, 11:12 AM
Dirk loss Caron butler

Next!

Caron Butler wasn't their 2nd option.

I knew you were talking out of your ass.

Nelson wasn't their second option lol he was their 4th option.

Curry didn't win 3 series without KD, it was 1 game against Houston.:lol Portland meh they didn't need KD to beat them.

Real Men Wear Green
04-28-2024, 11:26 AM
The only championships I can think of where the team didn't have an excellent second scorer are Nowitzki's Mavs and Olajuwon's first ring with Houston. And even in those cases guys had to step up, the stars didn't just go out there and average 50. LeBron James is one of the greatest ever and he can only win a weak conference that way. MJ needs Pip. Magic and Kareem need each other, Bird needs McHale, etc. Jokic needing Jamal Murray exposes some kind of weakness? He would likely be fine with these Maxey, Nuggets could even be better.

bison
04-28-2024, 11:56 AM
Just for that pathetic post OP I’m going to add you to my rape list

https://i.ibb.co/JBtx8zm/IMG-1688.jpg

j3lademaster
04-28-2024, 12:04 PM
Imagine if Joker’s guard was averaging 31/5/7 on 51/39/100… in the east. You think he’d be down 1-2?

:roll:

Mask the Embiid
04-28-2024, 12:27 PM
Imagine if Joker’s guard was averaging 31/5/7 on 51/39/100… in the east. You think he’d be down 1-2?

:roll:

with or without Bell’s palsy? With or without an MCL? With or without the nba coming out and saying we blew the call for the game? Does he have all 3 of those things going against him or just 1 or 2 or none?

Don’t just say he’s down 1-2 without mentioning everything

meat
04-28-2024, 12:35 PM
OP is sad.

BarberSchool
04-28-2024, 02:14 PM
OP gonna be in fan hell if Murray breaks out next game lol

Part of what he said is true, Jokic game isn’t the type where he can just takeover the game with high usage and low assists and dominate it himself, without moving pieces around him.

But with moving pieces, that he has chemistry with, his style of play is vastly superior in efficiency, adaptability; versatility to more ball dominant high volume scorers

3ba11
04-28-2024, 02:18 PM
He’s not a Lebron james or Hakeem or someone like that.

Other than a one-off when everyone was getting one-offs (Iverson, Dwight, Kidd), Lebron didn't start making multiple Finals until he teamed up with the next-best player in the league and put the top 3 players in the conference on 1 team..

And he was swept 4-0 by the 07' Spurs because he averaged 22 on 35%, while MJ was nearly beating the Bad Boys with nothing in 89' or 90'.. Night and day.

(Kyrie played 12 of 14 games in the 15' East Playoffs, while Love was the only all-star sidekick in the 18' East, so the only time that Lebron took a 1-star team to the Finals was when everyone was doing it, aka Iverson, Dwight, Kidd twice)

90sgoat
04-28-2024, 02:57 PM
The only championships I can think of where the team didn't have an excellent second scorer are Nowitzki's Mavs and Olajuwon's first ring with Houston. And even in those cases guys had to step up, the stars didn't just go out there and average 50. LeBron James is one of the greatest ever and he can only win a weak conference that way. MJ needs Pip. Magic and Kareem need each other, Bird needs McHale, etc. Jokic needing Jamal Murray exposes some kind of weakness? He would likely be fine with these Maxey, Nuggets could even be better.

You're calling Pippen an "excellent scorer"?

His playoff career stats are 44% and 30% from 3. He never got over 23 ppg in the playoffs despite being the first option. Many seasons with below 30% 3-point shooting. Barely scored above 40% in the second 3-peat in the playoffs. He was a great open court player and playmaker but for sure not an excellent scorer. Nowhere near someone like Glen Rice, Mitch Ritchmond, Mullins that kind of underrated actual excellent scorer.

3ba11
04-28-2024, 03:12 PM
You're calling Pippen an "excellent scorer"?

His playoff career stats are 44% and 30% from 3. He never got over 23 ppg in the playoffs despite being the first option. Many seasons with below 30% 3-point shooting. Barely scored above 40% in the second 3-peat in the playoffs. He was a great open court player and playmaker but for sure not an excellent scorer.

Nowhere near someone like Glen Rice, Mitch Ritchmond, Mullins that kind of underrated actual excellent scorer.

boom.. that's good understanding

on an unrelated note, I think a guy like Detlef Schrempf would be an animal in today's game as a 6'10 power forward that can do EVERYTHING including 40% three-point shooter, handle and post fundamentals.. he would be really tough in today's format but they just didn't care about him back then and he didn't get the ball much - his skillset was "ahead of it's time" and a lot of good shooters suffered from that back then.

90sgoat
04-28-2024, 03:19 PM

on an unrelated note, I think a guy like Detlef Schrempf would be an animal in today's game as a 6'10 power forward that can do EVERYTHING including 40% three-point shooter, handle and post fundamentals.. he would be really tough in today's format but they just didn't care about him back then and he didn't get the ball much - his skillset was "ahead of it's time" and a lot of good shooters suffered from that back then.

Yes, Schrempf was not about to overshadow Kemp and Payton.

BarberSchool
04-28-2024, 03:21 PM

on an unrelated note, I think a guy like Detlef Schrempf would be an animal in today's game as a 6'10 power forward that can do EVERYTHING including 40% three-point shooter, handle and post fundamentals.. he would be really tough in today's format but they just didn't care about him back then and he didn't get the ball much - his skillset was "ahead of it's time" and a lot of good shooters suffered from that back then.His shooting/range at his position was def not taken advantage enough, even just to use it enough to force spacing. Spacing really wasn’t thought of the same way it is now, teams really slept on his advantageous great spacing was.

The other factor was foreigns feeling like guests in the USA, and settling for “fitting in” since the way they learned the game was team chemistry and team play, not asserting their own skill set at the expense of jeopardizing team chemistry. Even if their own usage was significantly higher efficiency than American stars on the team.

Another player way ahead of his time, in a very similar way, was young Derrick Coleman.

Mask the Embiid
04-28-2024, 03:25 PM
Other than a one-off when everyone was getting one-offs (Iverson, Dwight, Kidd), Lebron didn't start making multiple Finals until he teamed up with the next-best player in the league and put the top 3 players in the conference on 1 team..

Lebron teamed up with Kobe? Stopped reading after this 1st lie

90sgoat
04-28-2024, 03:26 PM
I think in the 90s the game was simply also more physical for many euros and many of the american stars were roided. When I look at the dunkers in the 90s they seem way more compact and explosive than today. Part of that is the way the game was played, explosive jumping was an actual benefit, not long legs for 2.5 eurosteps.

The euros probably didn't roid, but they did smoke cigarettes like Vlade Divac.

Something to keep in mind is that basketball in Europe back then was tilted towards the middle class, even upper middle class, so they make it to the NBA and in the US, basketball is a blue collar, working class, tough guy sport. I don't think if you're Kukoc and Schrempf you feel comfortable taking the shine from MJ/Pip or Payton/Kemp.

ShawkFactory
04-28-2024, 07:31 PM

And he was swept 4-0 by the 07' Spurs because he averaged 22 on 35%, while MJ was nearly beating the Bad Boys with nothing in 89' or 90'.. Night and day.

(Kyrie played 12 of 14 games in the 15' East Playoffs, while Love was the only all-star sidekick in the 18' East, so the only time that Lebron took a 1-star team to the Finals was when everyone was doing it, aka Iverson, Dwight, Kidd twice)

So you admit Lebron was the best player in the league in 2010? That's interesting.