PDA

View Full Version : Bradly Beal, 50 mil to score 9 points in 31 mins in an elim game (Kblaze get in here

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 09:42 AM
Bradly beal was garbage all year, played only 50 something games. Finishes it off with the most uninspiring playoff performance we have seen in awhile as he flat out blows it for the Suns as they get swept in front of their home crowd.

Let it be known Kblaze has quadruple down at this point and he will still say that Bradly Beal doesn’t have an awful contract

I’m gonna love watching the Suns have to pay this guy 161 mil over 3 years :roll:

rip suns fans

rawimpact
04-29-2024, 09:48 AM
Exactly why it's a risk taking on a 'star' from a small market team. Stats are always inflated because they have the greenlight to score versus win.

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2024, 10:02 AM
I wouldnt exactly say 18/5/5 on 51% and 43% from 3 is being garbage all year :lol

He never got going in the post-season, it was a case of too many chefs in the kitchen and bad chemistry (common Durant-team issues).

Hes gonna average a good 25 on another team as 1st or 2nd option.

That game 4 was hilarious though

Overdrive
04-29-2024, 10:07 AM
I wouldnt exactly say 18/5/5 on 51% and 43% from 3 is being garbage all year :lol

He never got going in the post-season, it was a case of too many chefs in the kitchen and bad chemistry (common Durant-team issues).

Of course he would on a team like the Spurs, Wizards or whatever. The moment a player better than him is in the mix his numbers will go down drastically. Durant or no Durant.

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 10:27 AM

guy played only 50 something games all year and flamed out of the playoffs hard

https://i.postimg.cc/m2RjKJGR/IMG-3377.jpg

:lol

161 over 3 years

gl with that phoenix!

Im Still Ballin
04-29-2024, 10:40 AM
Tyus Jones and a decent backup center and another wing = championship team?

Wardell Curry
04-29-2024, 10:56 AM
Exactly why it's a risk taking on a 'star' from a small market team. Stats are always inflated because they have the greenlight to score versus win.

This post can not possibly be emphasized/highlighted enough.

Wally450
04-29-2024, 12:17 PM
150 mil to their Small 3 next season. :lol

FKAri
04-29-2024, 12:52 PM
Tyus Jones and a decent backup center and another wing = championship team?

They needed to run actual plays and they needed someone to actually do the playmaking. And Beal or Booker masquerading as PG wasn't it.

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2024, 01:48 PM
Of course he would on a team like the Spurs, Wizards or whatever. The moment a player better than him is in the mix his numbers will go down drastically. Durant or no Durant.

Why would they?

He did 18 on 51% as THIRD option, why do you assume he couldnt be a top 2 player on a playoff team?

ImKobe
04-29-2024, 02:05 PM
Not a bad contract tho.

FultzNationRISE
04-29-2024, 03:10 PM
150 mil to their Small 3 next season. :lol

lmao

AlternativeAcc.
04-29-2024, 03:24 PM
Steph will be getting 60 mil to miss the playoffs like he did this year. (Blown out and humiliated in play-in against horrible Kings) Atrocious contract

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 03:26 PM
Steph will be getting 60 mil to miss the playoffs like he did this year. (Blown out and humiliated in play-in against horrible Pelicans) Atrocious contract

https://i.postimg.cc/gJJ26njG/IMG-3373.jpg

fumin’

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 03:35 PM
The worst part about the modern NBA is how armchair GMing is all fans do now. Everything is about contracts, money, yada yada yada. And no one even really knows how any of this shit actually works.

The Suns were not going to be able to sign anyone even if they hadn’t picked up Beals contract.

The options were overpay an old Chris Paul for a year, let him walk after the season, and get nothing. Or trade a ridiculous contract for another ridiculous contract and at least bring back an all star level talent.

AlternativeAcc.
04-29-2024, 03:35 PM
This guy responded before I could even edit Kings instead of Pelicans ... which was like 10 seconds :oldlol:

Kblaze wins

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 03:36 PM
This guy responded before I could even edit Kings instead of Pelicans ... which was like 10 seconds :oldlol:

Kblaze wins

not my fault you don’t know ball

stay fumin’ :lol

AlternativeAcc.
04-29-2024, 03:43 PM
not my fault you don’t know ball

stay fumin’ :lol

You being a loser spamming the f5 button waiting for Kblaze to destroy you intellectually is a weird way to waste a Monday. But have fun

tontoz
04-29-2024, 03:46 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/gJJ26njG/IMG-3373.jpg

fumin’

Durant has been swept in the first round twice in the last 3 years. :bowdown:

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 03:46 PM
You being a loser spamming the f5 button waiting for Kblaze to destroy you intellectually is a weird way to waste a Monday. But have fun

You are the guy who spent the entire football playoffs glued to ish responding every 5 seconds during every game and when I made fun of you for not having a life you lied and said you “were on vacation with your gf” then made weird excuses why you are watching in your hotel room while spamming ish while supposedly on vacation. lmaoo

You are the king of losers. You ain’t foolin anyone homeboy.

Have fun spending your monday venting about KD getting swept once gain :lol

Rest in piss

AlternativeAcc.
04-29-2024, 03:50 PM
You are the guy who spent the entire football playoffs glued to ish responding every 5 seconds during every game and when I made fun of you for not having a life you lied and said you “were on vacation with your gf” then made weird excuses why you are watching in your hotel room while spamming ish while supposedly on vacation. lmaoo

You are the king of losers. You ain’t foolin anyone homeboy.

Have fun spending your monday venting about KD getting swept once gain :lol

Rest in piss

Looks like a struck a nerve with the broke loser who spends 24/7 on ISH, lol. Cringey stuff.

Go do something with your shitty life, getting bullied on a forum every day is insane

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 03:59 PM
Looks like a struck a nerve with the broke loser who spends 24/7 on ISH, lol. Cringey stuff.

Go do something with your shitty life, getting bullied on a forum every day is insane

Don’t get mad that I called you out for having literally zero friends to watch sports with as you spammed ISH with your mahomes fanboy shit every game. I was doing you a favor. Was giving you a heads up because of your extremely low self awareness. That shit was cringe. Maybe this year you will stop being such a recluse…. I won’t hold my breath though :lol

AlternativeAcc.
04-29-2024, 04:07 PM
Don’t get mad that I called you out for having literally zero friends to watch sports with as you spammed ISH with your mahomes fanboy shit every game. I was doing you a favor. Was giving you a heads up because of your extremely low self awareness. That shit was cringe. Maybe this year you will stop being such a recluse…. I won’t hold my breath though :lol

Literally have zero idea what you're talking about but it sounds like you were lurking and stalking me in a football thread where people were talking about football? Jesus.

You even talk to yourself on alts like ballsout, and mods call you put for reporting people. And you're talking about self-awareness. You can't even make up the level of projection. :lol

You crave this back and forth shit and are spamming f5 waiting for another man's attention. Just so sad. I'm giving you your fix. Shame on me

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 04:14 PM
Literally have zero idea what you're talking about but it sounds like you were lurking and stalking me in a football thread where people were talking about football? Jesus.

You even talk to yourself on alts like ballsout, and mods call you put for reporting people. And you're talking about self-awareness. You can't even make up the level of projection. :lol

You crave this back and forth shit and are spamming f5 waiting for another man's attention. Just so sad. I'm giving you your fix. Shame on me

Here we go, damn you must really be on tilt to be back to your schizo theories about how I’m Balls Out and 5 different other accounts here that bully the f.uck out of you :lol You think everyone that bullies you must be an alt of mine…but can’t put it together that you are the literal punching bag of ISH that everyone abuses. The biggest clown around. Keep fuming about KD getting skunked again while you have paranoid delusions about me owning 5 different accounts. :lol

Have a nice monday. :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
04-29-2024, 04:21 PM
In a league where 16 people make $40 million or more and 12 of them are either already eliminated, missed the playoffs(2 on your team 1 on mine) or are down 3-1 and about to be eliminated you want me to talk to you about a single one of them? Who is playing with two other of them? You notice me say anything about Devin Booker when he went into the game down 0-3 shooting like 40% and 27% from three? Of course not. Because it isn’t particularly noteworthy. Do you want to talk about the ramifications of Fred Vanvleet making over $40 million and more than Luka and Anthony Davis? Or about the second(third) guy on the other team having a contact that will pay him 62 million in one year?

if 400 posts of this discussion hasn’t allowed you to grasp that these numbers don’t mean anything anymore to the people who pay them 72 more aren’t gonna do it.

They’re gonna have three $50 million players next season and be under the cap in two years anyway.

I don’t know what drastic ramifications are going to happen you think justify discussing it even more. Not winning the title they already haven’t won for 50 years?

do you want 86 more posts of “These owners clearly don’t give a shit and they have inside information causing that to be the case”? I can give you like four more maybe. I was watching fallout sitting on the balcony by the beach(Shitty Daytona beach at the moment so no flex) by nine yesterday. The playoffs have not hit the point where they have my complete attention yet. I’m certainly not into it enough to go down a list of over a dozen $40 million players who missed the playoffs or are going to lose in the first round as if it matters anymore.

It doesn’t. There are so many astronomically paid players it’s is no longer noteworthy when any of them do anything. One making 46 or 42 or 43.8 and going out in the first or missing the playoffs or whatever is of little interest at this point.

starting in the second round ill Care enough to watch all the games, but I don’t think I’ll care enough to be going over the combined salaries of losing teams best players and what it means till the off-season. Though the Olympics come up pretty quick so maybe check back in with me after that.

Maybe I’ll care enough at that point to explain again why nobody in position to make these calls gives a shit about what you think they give a shit about. You don’t have to be your teams best player to get $300 million right now. I don’t know how long it’s gonna have to be the case before you realize it’s not doing tangible harm to the people paying it and that you can pay it and build a super team Talent wise around it because all big contracts are less significant than they used to be.

I’m sure by August or so we will find out how much Amazon is going to pay to steal NBA rights from Turner and what YouTube TV pays for the in season tournament and just how much the cap is going to spike again as a result. I’ll be happy to go all into it then.

I promise. I will absolutely talk to you about The 30+ People who make between 40 and 72 million at some point of their deals. I’m just not up for a whole back and forth right now.

I’d talk to you about fallout though. I somehow never played those games, but the show has me considering it. I don’t remember if you are a gamer or not, but I feel like there’s a chance.

AlternativeAcc.
04-29-2024, 04:24 PM
Here we go, damn you must really be on tilt to be back to your schizo theories about how I’m Balls Out and 5 different other accounts here that bully the f.uck out of you :lol You think everyone that bullies you must be an alt of mine…but can’t put it together that you are the literal punching bag of ISH that everyone abuses. The biggest clown around. Keep fuming about KD getting skunked again while you have paranoid delusions about me owning 5 different accounts. :lol

Have a nice monday. :oldlol:

The gaslighting is pretty funny. Nothing you say has any merit or truth, but we know you live in a shithole. We know you're broke. We know you report people. We know you talk to yourself on alts. We know you're a phycho loser who spends 24/7 on here. These are just facts.

So you going off on tangents and lying about shit just proves how seriously you take all of this shit. You're a desperate little worm hiding in a closet sized apartment.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 04:28 PM
The fans who are all caught up in the business / money side of sports have ruined fandom.

You can’t even have honest discussions about players or teams anymore because weird money obsessed peeps come out the woodwork going on and on about contracts and cap space. Lol.

ImKobe
04-29-2024, 04:29 PM
The worst part about the modern NBA is how armchair GMing is all fans do now. Everything is about contracts, money, yada yada yada. And no one even really knows how any of this shit actually works.

The Suns were not going to be able to sign anyone even if they hadn’t picked up Beals contract.

The options were overpay an old Chris Paul for a year, let him walk after the season, and get nothing. Or trade a ridiculous contract for another ridiculous contract and at least bring back an all star level talent.

So slightly overpay for CP3 for one year, or take on 50M+ a year in salary for another role player while also restricting the team's flexibility moving forward? Beal's under contract for another 3 years.

Starting this offseason, franchises whose payrolls are $17.5 million above the luxury tax threshold, a new cutoff referred to as the “second apron,” will be severely limited in their ability to make transactions. Those teams will not be able to:

Aggregate contracts to trade for a single player making more money
Send out cash in trades
Use trade exceptions from prior years
Take back more incoming than outgoing salary in a deal.

And not only that, they're also going to be paying an insane amount of tax.

It's a type of move you only make if it guarantees you a championship or at least guarantees years of contending for one. Durant and Beal are past their primes. They have little to no depth. Bill Simmons had it right with the "new owner syndrome" when it came to Ishiba.

100 million in luxury tax for a 6th seed & a 1st round exit is wild.

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 04:30 PM
In a league where 16 people make $40 million or more and 12 of them are either already eliminated, missed the playoffs(2 on your team 1 on mine) or are down 3-1 and about to be eliminated you want me to talk to you about a single one of them? Who is playing with two other of them? You notice me say anything about Devin Booker when he went into the game down 0-3 shooting like 40% and 27% from three? Of course not. Because it isn’t particularly noteworthy. Do you want to talk about the ramifications of Fred Vanvleet making over $40 million and more than Luka and Anthony Davis? Or about the second(third) guy on the other team having a contact that will pay him 62 million in one year?

if 400 posts of this discussion hasn’t allowed you to grasp that these numbers don’t mean anything anymore to the people who pay them 72 more aren’t gonna do it.

They’re gonna have three $50 million players next season and be under the cap in two years anyway.

I don’t know what drastic ramifications are going to happen you think justify discussing it even more. Not winning the title they already haven’t won for 50 years?

do you want 86 more posts of “These owners clearly don’t give a shit and they have inside information causing that to be the case”? I can give you like four more maybe. I was watching fallout sitting on the balcony by the beach(Shitty Daytona beach at the moment so no flex) by nine yesterday. The playoffs have not hit the point where they have my complete attention yet. I’m certainly not into it enough to go down a list of over a dozen $40 million players who missed the playoffs or are going to lose in the first round as if it matters anymore.

It doesn’t. There are so many astronomically paid players it’s is no longer noteworthy when any of them do anything. One making 46 or 42 or 43.8 and going out in the first or missing the playoffs or whatever is of little interest at this point.

starting in the second round ill Care enough to watch all the games, but I don’t think I’ll care enough to be going over the combined salaries of losing teams best players and what it means till the off-season. Though the Olympics come up pretty quick so maybe check back in with me after that.

Maybe I’ll care enough at that point to explain again why nobody in position to make these calls gives a shit about what you think they give a shit about. You don’t have to be your teams best player to get $300 million right now. I don’t know how long it’s gonna have to be the case before you realize it’s not doing tangible harm to the people paying it and that you can pay it and build a super team Talent wise around it because all big contracts are less significant than they used to be.

I’m sure by August or so we will find out how much Amazon is going to pay to steal NBA rights from Turner and what YouTube TV pays for the in season tournament and just how much the cap is going to spike again as a result. I’ll be happy to go all into it then.

I promise. I will absolutely talk to you about The 30+ People who make between 40 and 72 million at some point of their deals. I’m just not up for a whole back and forth right now.

I’d talk to you about fallout though. I somehow never played those games, but the show has me considering it. I don’t remember if you are a gamer or not, but I feel like there’s a chance.

https://i.postimg.cc/V6mXk44r/IMG-3387.jpg

Which name does not belong?

Btw middleton is making 29, luka making 33, murray is making 33, Kat is below 40.

Paying over 50 mil a year for a player who can play 50 games if you are lucky and not even have a VORP of over 2.0…..it’s just not a good contract. pretty cut and dry

The fans who are all caught up in the business / money side of sports have ruined fandom.

You can’t even have honest discussions about players or teams anymore because weird money obsessed peeps come out the woodwork going on and on about contracts and cap space. Lol.

Contracts and cap space is a very important part of sports. It’s all about strategic team building. If you don’t worry about those sort of things you get yourself into the situation the Suns are in. If you try to say “F*** the salary cap”, the salary cap will **** you.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 04:35 PM
So slightly overpay for CP3 for one year, or take on 50M+ a year in salary for another role player while also restricting the team's flexibility moving forward? Beal's under contract for another 3 years.

And not only that, they're also going to be paying an insane amount of tax.

It's a type of move you only make if it guarantees you a championship or at least guarantees years of contending for one. Durant and Beal are past their primes. They have little to no depth. Bill Simmons had it right with the "new owner syndrome" when it came to Ishiba.

100 million in luxury tax for a 6th seed & a 1st round exit is wild.

It was a win now move that didn’t work out this year. Oh well. As a fan who gives a shit about luxury taxes? Lmao.

Phoenix has had way more bleak looking situations in their history than this one.

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 04:36 PM
It was a win now move that didn’t work out this year. Oh well. As a fan who gives a shit about luxury taxes? Lmao.

Phoenix has had way more bleak looking situations in their history than this one.

You are missing the point. The fans don’t give a shit about how much luxury tax the owners pay or how much some player is making, once again it’s about team building. The suns fans care that they handicapped themself for years and years to come with irresponsible moves.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 04:42 PM
You are missing the point. The fans don’t give a shit about how much luxury tax the owners pay or how much some player is making, once again it’s about team building. The suns fans care that they handicapped themself for years and years to come with irresponsible moves.

Phoenix has had way way way way way waaaaaaay worse scenarios throughout their history.

This isn’t some chicken little sky is falling crap.

They might be in a tight spot but this the Suns we are talking about. Their history is riddled with bullshit should’ve would’ve could’ve.

warriorfan
04-29-2024, 04:45 PM
Phoenix has had way way way way way waaaaaaay worse scenarios throughout their history.

They might be in a tight spot but this the Suns we are talking about. Their history is riddled with bullshit should’ve would’ve could’ve.

I’m not following you.

Just because a team has had previous history with making bad moves…it should excuse the current ownership from any criticism?

This is a really bizarre take.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 04:54 PM
I’m not following you.

Just because a team has had previous history with making bad moves…it should excuse the current ownership from any criticism?

This is a really bizarre take.

It’s a glass half full or half empty take. It’s all how you wanna look at it, and for Suns fans who have seen real dysfunction this scenario isn’t as drastic as you are implying.

What would the Suns look like now if they hadn’t made those deals?

They would have overpaid for Cam Johnson and be on the verge of overpaying Bridges. So the roster would be overpaid Booker, overpaid Ayton, overpaid Johnson, and flirting with having to overpay Bridges.

That team doesn’t win anything either.

Edit they would have draft picks but phoenix draft history for 10 plus years has been atrocious.

Kblaze8855
04-29-2024, 05:04 PM

they aren’t even in a tight spot. Absolutely nothing about this situation is even worth a deep dive. This is 2024. In the 2026 summer they’re under the cap. And that’s after paying Alan. And that’s assuming they don’t blow it up and send KD wherever he wants to finish his career.

The NBA changes so much they can do whatever they want these days. You listen to that phone call where Ishaba(whatever) was talking about how much he hates Dan Gilbert? Turns out they’re giant rivals in the mortgage world and he just hates the guy personally. I wouldn’t be shocked if he finds some kind of backroom deal way to get Donovan Mitchell. So much nonsense goes down in this league. I can’t rule anything out. An Owner who has limitless money and just doesn’t give a ****?

if you don’t care about money, none of this shit matters. The cap is going to jump so significantly is going to take most of these teams out of the luxury tax. We’ve been watching this shit happen for decades of these new right deals being signed and it’s going to happen again and people continue to be surprised. maybe this is the last time it keeps going up but it’s absolutely going to go up. The built-in caps smoothing is the only reason they won’t jump up by 30 or 40 million at once. These owners know exactly how much money is on the table and they don’t give a roasted ****.

something ridiculous is going to happen like Durant or Beal being traded as an expiring deal for Zion When he tell New Orleans he won’t resign and they go full rebuild after sending Ingram to the Knicks. The days of a team being stuck and having to wait five years to change direction are long past.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 05:17 PM
they aren’t even in a tight spot. Absolutely nothing about this situation is even worth a deep dive. This is 2024. In the 2026 summer they’re under the cap. And that’s after paying Alan. And that’s assuming they don’t blow it up and send KD wherever he wants to finish his career.

The NBA changes so much they can do whatever they want these days. You listen to that phone call where Ishaba(whatever) was talking about how much he hates Dan Gilbert? Turns out they’re giant rivals in the mortgage world and he just hates the guy personally. I wouldn’t be shocked if he finds some kind of backroom deal way to get Donovan Mitchell. So much nonsense goes down in this league. I can’t rule anything out. An Owner who has limitless money and just doesn’t give a ****?

if you don’t care about money, none of this shit matters. The cap is going to jump so significantly is going to take most of these teams out of the luxury tax. We’ve been watching this shit happen for decades of these new right deals being signed and it’s going to happen again and people continue to be surprised. maybe this is the last time it keeps going up but it’s absolutely going to go up. The built-in caps moving is the only reason they won’t jump up by 30 or 40 million at once. These owners know exactly how much money is and they don’t give a roasted ****.

something ridiculous is going to happen like Durant or Beal being traded as an expiring deal for Zion When he tell New Orleans he won’t resign and they go full rebuild after sending Ingram to the Knicks. The days of a team being stuck and having to wait five years to change direction are long past.

Yup I agree with you. You have illustrated plenty of times that it’s a new day and age with contacts, TV deals, and no team is stuck forever.

It’s like these weird conservative nerds always trippin on debt. lol.

Charlie Sheen
04-29-2024, 06:31 PM
Yup I agree with you. You have illustrated plenty of times that it’s a new day and age with contacts, TV deals, and no team is stuck forever.

It’s like these weird conservative nerds always trippin on debt. lol.

Celtics big 3 was the exception... not the rule.

Unless the add is Lebron James who else had success building a team like this? Nets did not. Knicks nope. Clippers might be the best case scenario with moderate levels of success.

Axe
04-29-2024, 07:12 PM
The gaslighting is pretty funny. Nothing you say has any merit or truth, but we know you live in a shithole. We know you're broke. We know you report people. We know you talk to yourself on alts. We know you're a phycho loser who spends 24/7 on here. These are just facts.

So you going off on tangents and lying about shit just proves how seriously you take all of this shit. You're a desperate little worm hiding in a closet sized apartment.
Ether

ImKobe
04-30-2024, 12:40 AM

Well that's part of being a GM, no? They're in the 2nd apron because of Bradley Beal :oldlol:

1987_Lakers
04-30-2024, 12:44 AM

ooof

GimmeThat
04-30-2024, 01:39 AM
only knowledge can be collateral, yet people continuously accept information as an acceptable payment.

a world where cause and effect is totally out of whack.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 01:40 AM
Well that's part of being a GM, no? They're in the 2nd apron because of Bradley Beal :oldlol:

According to his logic, that doesn’t matter because previous management have screwed the suns up in the past? lol

I don’t get it

Btw Austin Reeves scored more points in the 4th tonight than Beal did all game last night

He’s getting paid a cool 13 mil instead of 50 too.

lol

GimmeThat
04-30-2024, 01:44 AM
According to his logic, that doesn’t matter because previous management have screwed the suns up in the past? lol

I don’t get it

you do understand that sports teams, inherently aren't suppose to make money, right.

ImKobe
04-30-2024, 01:50 AM

I don’t get it

Btw Austin Reeves scored more points in the 4th tonight than Beal did all game last night

lol

There's so many shot-makers in the league now. If you had to overpay a role player you'd overpay a 3&D wing like the OG Anunoby type. Beal is not a good defender and him and Booker & KD have overlapping skillsets. Defending Beal's contract and the trade is just ****ing stupid. He's not worth the money he's making to any team that's serious about winning.

coin24
04-30-2024, 05:11 AM
Beal is a career loser, always choked in close games for the wizz aswel.

Unreliable, always injured and on an insane contract. Knew it was a disaster when the suns traded for him :oldlol:
Good luck getting rid of him now

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 10:52 AM

I don’t get it

lol

Suns are in a better spot than the warriors. What the hell are they going to do?

You keep wanting push this narrative like Phoenix is doomed for eternity.

I’ve seen this team turn itself around from way worse shit.

I’m sorry you’re a very negative, paranoid, doom and gloom, unhappy, dwell on the bad stuff kind of person.

And again you should be tripping on the present warriors. Because to you the past means nothing. Steph making all that money to miss the playoffs. Lmao.

1987_Lakers
04-30-2024, 10:55 AM
Suns are in a better spot than the warriors. What the hell are they going to do?

Idk why the hell OP is so obsessed with Beal when the Warriors had the biggest payroll in the NBA this season and failed to make the playoffs.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 10:58 AM

I’m sorry you’re a very negative, paranoid, doom and gloom, unhappy, dwell on the bad stuff kind of person.

And again you should be tripping on the present warriors. Because to you the past means nothing. Steph making all that money to miss the playoffs. Lmao.

This is the worst post i’ve seen in the NBA forum that wasn’t purposefully, blatantly trolling, in along time.

Like I haven’t seen anyone be so aggressively wrong about something besides one of the parody troll accounts.

Suns are in the second apron (look it up), basically have no decent draft picks for 6+ years. Can’t really make any signings because of 2nd apron limitations. (once again, look it up)

I don’t even know what to say about this. Maybe go for a walk to clear your head or something.

Not trying to be condescending, but until you do some homework, you aren’t really worth giving any more replies too on this subject.

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:21 AM
This is the worst post i’ve seen in the NBA forum that wasn’t purposefully, blatantly trolling, in along time.

Like I haven’t seen anyone be so aggressively wrong about something besides one of the parody troll accounts.

Suns are in the second apron (look it up), basically have no decent draft picks for 6+ years. Can’t really make any signings because of 2nd apron limitations. (once again, look it up)

I don’t even know what to say about this. Maybe go for a walk to clear your head or something.

Not trying to be condescending, but until you do some homework, you aren’t really worth giving any more replies too on this subject.

Homie the warriors didn’t even make the playoffs this year. Lmao.

A so called top 10 player all time with the highest payroll missed the playoffs entirely. Big LMAO!!!!!!

And you’re tripping on Phoenix. A team who has historically been a loser. You can’t make this shit up.

Lakers fans don’t even act this way. lol.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 11:34 AM

A so called top 10 player all time with the highest payroll missed the playoffs entirely. Big LMAO!!!!!!

And you’re tripping on Phoenix. A team who has historically been a loser. You can’t make this shit up.

This thread isn’t about the Lakers, Warriors, even the Suns really

It’s about how it’s not a good idea to spend such a large amount of your salary cap on a player of Bradly Beal’s level, and how if a team makes a mistake such as this, it can have consequences that hurt the franchise for along time.

Get it?

1987_Lakers
04-30-2024, 11:37 AM

:oldlol:

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:42 AM
This thread isn’t about the Lakers, Warriors, even the Suns really

It’s about how it’s not a good idea to spend such a large amount of your salary cap on a player of Bradly Beal’s level, and how if a team makes a mistake such as this, it can have consequences that hurt the franchise for along time.

Get it?

And what kblaze and I are saying is with the ever-increasing cap space and crazy ass TV deals, signing or dumping these huge contracts isn’t that big of an issue anymore.

You’re stuck in the past.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 11:47 AM
And what kblaze and I are saying is with the ever-increasing cap space and crazy ass TV deals, signing or dumping these huge contracts isn’t that big of an issue anymore.

You’re stuck in the past.

You don’t even know the rules of the CBA lol. Right now you are just on one and following Kblaze’s quadruple down, filibuster nonsense, because quite simply you can’t find your own ass with two hands and a flashlight.

Go do some reading before you tard out about shit you have no clue about. lol

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:53 AM
You don’t even know the rules of the CBA lol. Right now you are just on one and following Kblaze’s quadruple down, filibuster nonsense, because quite simply you can’t find your own ass with two hands and a flashlight.

Go do some reading before you tard out about shit you have no clue about. lol

Ass? Flashlights? What? Are you 70? That sounds like something an old fart would say.

Ok genius how long are the Suns in deep despair than? If you know so much how long will they suck and be irrelevant?

Please illustrate the next 10 years.

j3lademaster
04-30-2024, 11:54 AM
Idk why the hell OP is so obsessed with Beal when the Warriors had the biggest payroll in the NBA this season and failed to make the playoffs.Steph is too loyal, no way GS keeps Klay this long if Steph didn't explicitly say he wanted to ride it out with him- he would've been gone as an expirer beginning of this year and not have had a chance to 0-10 in the play-in. idk if Steph has one more run in him at 36next year either, not everyone can be Lebron. Still all time longevity and gotta give Curry credit.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 11:55 AM
Ass? Flashlights? What? Are you 70? That sounds like something an old fart would say.

Ok genius how long are the Suns in deep despair than? If you know so much how long will they suck and be irrelevant?

Please illustrate the next 10 years.

I’m not going to do your homework for you

Like I said, check out the CBA and how the cap works. Learn about the first and second apron and what the consequences are.

Do your homework or just don’t post.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 11:56 AM
GS is in much better cap position than the Suns. It isn't close either. Only one guy on GS is making over $30 million going forward and that's Steph.

CP3 is an expiring deal and only half of it is guaranteed.

r15mohd
04-30-2024, 12:09 PM
it was never going to work since all 3 were too indentical to each other on how they play. one of them has to go for a PF

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 12:10 PM
I’m not going to do your homework for you

Like I said, check out the CBA and how the cap works. Learn about the first and second apron and what the consequences are.

Do your homework or just don’t post.

Oh no!!!! They won’t be able sign buy out players, and will have restrictions on sign and trades. Their draft picks can be frozen or moved back.

Ok I believe you now. The Suns are going to suck well into the perceivable future. No moves can be made whatsoever. No team has ever had to overcome such harsh financial adversity.

I agree with you.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 12:20 PM
Oh no!!!! They won’t be able sign buy out players, and will have restrictions on sign and trades. Their draft picks can be frozen or moved back.

Ok I believe you now. The Suns are going to suck well into the perceivable future. No moves can be made whatsoever. No team has ever had to overcome such harsh financial adversity.

I agree with you.

You are derailing right now and I’m not interested to hear your inane takes on the Sun’s glowing future. If you want to make another thread about that then be my guest

This thread is about the value of bradly beal’s contract in comparison to others in the league. I’ll re-post something I posted earlier in the thread

Which name does not belong?

Btw middleton is making 29, luka making 33, murray is making 33, Kat is below 40.

Paying over 50 mil a year for a player who can play 50 games if you are lucky and not even have a VORP of over 2.0…. on wrong side of 30…it’s just not a good contract. pretty cut and dry

So until you want to address this i’ll ask you nicely go step up out of the thread and take your nonsense somewhere else

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 12:23 PM
You are derailing right now and I’m not interested to hear your inane takes on the Sun’s glowing future. If you want to make another thread about that then be my guest

This thread is about the value of bradly beal’s contract in comparison to others in the league. I’ll re-post something I posted earlier in the thread

So until you want to address this i’ll ask you nicely go step up out of the thread and take your nonsense somewhere else

It isn’t a great contract. Lmao. Way to be CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!

Does it deserve a thread and is Phoenix screwed forever?

Lmao.

r15mohd
04-30-2024, 12:27 PM

there is no future with all 3 together - they have no choice but to blow it up and reconstruct. too much dead weight with 3 identical players. cant maximize their strengths when all rely on the ball in their hands to be impactful

BarberSchool
04-30-2024, 12:30 PM
Beal knees look more knock & less stable every year.
The way he was moving this year didn’t look good for the Suns future.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 12:36 PM
It isn’t a great contract. Lmao. Way to be CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!!

Does it deserve a thread and is Phoenix screwed forever?

Lmao.

Yes. I totally agree, stating Bradly Beal’s contract is no good is being captain obvious….However, at the beginning of the season there were a few guys around here that were either playing devils advocate or trolling or I don’t know what was up with their deal, but they were out here arguing till they were blue in the face that Bradly Beal’s contract wasn’t even bad.

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 12:42 PM
Yes. I totally agree, stating Bradly Beal’s contract is no good is being captain obvious….However, at the beginning of the season there were a few guys around here that were either playing devils advocate or trolling or I don’t know what was up with their deal, but they were out here arguing till they were blue in the face that Bradly Beal’s contract wasn’t even bad.

It’s bad. It’s just not end of the world make multiple threads to trip on bad. No contract in the NBA can be.

Because in the modern NBA with the ever-changing CBA and TV deals no situation is permanent for that long.

Shit Washington was able to get out of it. That’s proof right there.

stalkerforlife
04-30-2024, 12:43 PM
Wait...I've been away for quite some time and warriorfan still out here pwning the board? Some things never change.

kblaze is my buddy and a top 5 all time poster, but warriorfan is wrecking all his minions.

What a time.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 01:45 PM
Wait...I've been away for quite some time and warriorfan still out here pwning the board? Some things never change.

kblaze is my buddy and a top 5 all time poster, but warriorfan is wrecking all his minions.

What a time.

What’s up big dog. It’s been a minute but good to see you back for the playoffs.

You should start posting more again. Throw up the bat signal for Mr Jabbar and co. :lol

:cheers:

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 02:17 PM

One thing funny is they have been saying Bill makes 50 million for like three years of him not making 50 million. The only player who has ever made 50 million is Steph Curry this year to miss the playoffs. The second highest paid player in history is Kevin Durant this year who just lost in round 1 on the same team in question. Tied for third is Lebron who just got eliminated. Then Embiid fighting for his life vs a team down its second guy. Then comes Beal. Then Leonard who load managed all year to not play in the playoffs…tied with George who combines with Harden to be fighting for their lives. Giannis and Dame are tied for next most and down 3-1 because they can’t play. Hell Dame demanded a trade, isn’t playing now, and is gonna make 63 million in a few years. Then you have Jimmy Butler who isn’t playing. Klay who missed the playoffs with the 50 million dollar man. Only one of the next 5 highest paid didn’t either miss the playoffs or just get eliminated. Then you have Luka. Then Harris and Ben Simmons.

like 17 of the top 20 paid players either missed the playoffs or seem to have a bad early ending in sight. But we supposed to stop and be horrified over a team 2 years from being under the cap because of one of like 35 guys due to make 40-72 million at some point of their contract lost like all the rest. But he made 46 instead of 39-43 which multiple people did we barely even saw.

I mean….will someone please get the kids to safety.

if you don’t wanna see people making 40 to 60,000,000 for the teams to still be doomed you just have to stop watching the NBA.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 02:38 PM
One thing funny is they have been saying Bill makes 50 million for like three years of him not making 50 million. The only player who has ever made 50 million is Steph Curry this year to miss the playoffs. The second highest paid player in history is Kevin Durant this year who just lost in round 1 on the same team in question. Tied for third is Lebron who just got eliminated. Then Embiid fighting for his life vs a team down its second guy. Then comes Beal. Then Leonard who load managed all year to not play in the playoffs…tied with George who combines with Harden to be fighting for their lives. Giannis and Dame are tied for next most and down 3-1 because they can’t play. Hell Dame demanded a trade, isn’t playing now, and is gonna make 63 million in a few years. Then you have Jimmy Butler who isn’t playing. Klay who missed the playoffs with the 50 million dollar man. Only one of the next 5 highest paid didn’t either miss the playoffs or just get eliminated. Then you have Luka. Then Harris and Ben Simmons.

like 17 of the top 20 paid players either missed the playoffs or seem to have a bad early ending in sight. But we supposed to stop and be horrified over a team 2 years from being under the cap because of one of like 35 guys due to make 40-72 million at some point of their contract lost like all the rest. But he made 46 instead of 39-43 which multiple people did we barely even saw.

I mean….will someone please get the kids to safety.

if you don’t wanna see people making 40 to 60,000,000 for the teams to still be doomed you just have to stop watching the NBA.

You just tried to compare bradly beal with steph curry and kevin durant because they all didn’t make it far into the playoffs

LOL. i’m sorry this is beyond clown shit

wow. like wow. :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 02:41 PM

What a time.

has Daytona Beach always been as hood as it is now? I went sometime in the late 80s or early 90s. Remember having a pretty good time. I stopped in there for a few days on my way up the coast And what felt like a decent area, but I was maybe two turns from the hood.

And by hood, I don’t just mean Black people. Black people are in every part of Atlanta, including the upscale portion. I need some allergy medicine so I ran to a Dollar General and it was right next to one of those places you can tell is a former fast food restaurant repurposed into a fried fish and chicken spot. And yes, I did order a plate as I left. I could tell the Local bums spotted me go in and were waiting for me to come out.

I think panhandler can tell im the type of person who has a little money who didn’t used to have money so I’m a target. A former poor person who understands the struggle. And a while they may be correct I still hate to see a grown man ask for money. Just rubs me wrong.

I like the bums you can tell have unofficial employment, taking out the trash and other menial tasks outback of restaurants in exchange for dinner. I wish those bums all the best. But don’t see me emerge from being all that tint in my fine linens and assume I’m giving you money because I look like I grew up poor.

Long story short Daytona pissed me off at every opportunity once I left my resort. And I’m not the type who can stay in a resort for long. I have to get out and about. There seem to be nothing either out or about in Daytona Beach. And that is inconvenient to me because it’s almost exactly halfway to Miami, which makes it perfect for a night.

if you have information on something, I should check out next time I will add it to my files.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 02:57 PM
You just tried to compare bradly beal with steph curry and kevin durant because they all didn’t make it far into the playoffs

LOL. i’m sorry this is beyond clown shit

wow. like wow. :oldlol:

your issue seems to be return on money invested by the team being reflected in the teams performance. But the 40 million and up club missing the playoffs or losing in the first round and being absolute no-shows happens so often as to no longer be noteworthy and is only going to happen more because this amount of money doesn’t mean shit to these owners now. You’re in a world of $200 million dollars zero time all stars.

in the words of legendary prison rapist fleece Johnson….” You ain’t got it you just gotta take it”.

Youre free to hate the new world. But your complaints do nothing to change it. The next Beal is gonna get 330 million. Conservatively.

300 post about you not liking that won’t change the decision you still won’t understand.

After all this time, you know, I will respond to just about anything if somebody wants to talk to me, but I don’t know how long you need to hear the same shit over and over. Wouldnt you have more fun having one of your little arguments about smoking crack or whatever it is they say you do? I must’ve missed the origin of that belief, but it’s probably for the best.

tpols
04-30-2024, 03:03 PM
has Daytona Beach always been as hood as it is now? I went sometime in the late 80s or early 90s. Remember having a pretty good time. I stopped in there for a few days on my way up the coast And what felt like a decent area, but I was maybe two turns from the hood.

And by hood, I don’t just mean Black people. Black people are in every part of Atlanta, including the upscale portion. I need some allergy medicine so I ran to a Dollar General and it was right next to one of those places you can tell is a former fast food restaurant repurposed into a fried fish and chicken spot. And yes, I did order a plate as I left. I could tell the Local bums spotted me go in and were waiting for me to come out.

I think panhandler can tell im the type of person who has a little money who didn’t used to have money so I’m a target. A former poor person who understands the struggle. And a while they may be correct I still hate to see a grown man ask for money. Just rubs me wrong.

I like the bums you can tell have unofficial employment, taking out the trash and other menial tasks outback of restaurants in exchange for dinner. I wish those bums all the best. But don’t see me emerge from being all that tint in my fine linens and assume I’m giving you money because I look like I grew up poor.

Long story short Daytona pissed me off at every opportunity once I left my resort. And I’m not the type who can stay in a resort for long. I have to get out and about. There seem to be nothing either out or about in Daytona Beach. And that is inconvenient to me because it’s almost exactly halfway to Miami, which makes it perfect for a night.

if you have information on something, I should check out next time I will add it to my files.

You sound like a greedy Samuel Jackson from Django unchained ego maniac mfer. No cap.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 03:03 PM
your issue seems to be return on money invested by the team being reflected in the teams performance. But the 40 million and up club missing the playoffs or losing in the first round and being absolute no-shows happens so often as to no longer be noteworthy and is only going to happen more because this amount of money doesn’t mean shit to these owners now. You’re in a world of $200 million dollars zero time all stars.

in the words of legendary prison rapist fleece Johnson….” You ain’t got it you just gotta take it”.

Youre free to hate the new world. But your complaints do nothing to change it. The next Beal is gonna get 330 million. Conservatively.

300 post about you not liking that won’t change the decision you still won’t understand.

After all this time, you know, I will respond to just about anything if somebody wants to talk to me, but I don’t know how long you need to hear the same shit over and over. Wouldnt you have more fun having one of your little arguments about smoking crack or whatever it is they say you do? I must’ve missed the origin of that belief, but it’s probably for the best.

I don’t know why you constantly try to obfuscate and go on tangents…..it ain’t that complicated

Which one of these names doesn’t belong? Which one are you getting the worst return on % of your salary cap spent?

Answer that one question for me. Just gotta list one name. Keep it simple.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 03:20 PM
You sound like a greedy Samuel Jackson from Django unchained ego maniac mfer. No cap.

he was still awkwardly villainous. I’ll be more of a doctor narcisse type.

https://youtube.com/shorts/CNN_cigjWaI?si=gmV7fxhuwfNX7Yjy

Hypocritical and up to no good but still acting like he’s better than you.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 03:29 PM
I don’t know why you constantly try to obfuscate and go on tangents…..it ain’t that complicated

Which one of these names doesn’t belong? Which one are you getting the worst return on % of your salary cap spent?

Answer that one question for me. Just gotta list one name. Keep it simple.

Leonard. He missed the last playoff game. He’s out tonight. He missed 3 of their 5 playoff games last year. They missed the playoffs when he didn’t play the entire previous season. The year before that he missed 8 of their 19 playoff games. He has not been healthy to play in the playoffs in four seasons and they just extended him so he’s making 152 million to get older and more injured the next 3 years.

It’s entirely possible the clippers are going to pay him $300 million to have one healthy playoff run four years ago.

Not that his deal really matters either when it can accommodate two other stars and a great supporting cast. The owners have rigged it so nobody gets paid enough money they can cripple your ability to put a talented team out because they’re there. Just can’t happen anymore.

But Leonard is…painful. In more ways than one.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 03:31 PM
Leonard. He missed the last playoff game. He’s out tonight. He missed 3 of their 5 playoff games last year. They missed the playoffs when he didn’t play the entire previous season. The year before that he missed 8 of their 19 playoff games. He has not been healthy to play in the playoffs in four seasons and they just extended him so he’s making 152 million to get older and more injured the next 3 years.

It’s entirely possible the clippers are going to pay him $300 million to have one healthy playoff run four years ago.

Not that his deal really matters either when it can accommodate two other stars and a great supporting cast. The owners have rigged it so nobody gets paid enough money they can cripple your ability to put a talented team out because they’re there. Just can’t happen anymore.

Wrong answer

Leonard has at least shown you he can be that best in the league type dude

It’s a roll of the dice with pretty tough odds regarding his health. But he has shown he has been able to take your team there and put you over the top.

What has Bradly Beal ever shown you? What exactly is his upside?

So, wrong answer, you can try again if you would like.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 03:40 PM
Hakeem showed he can be the best in the league type dude but I wouldn’t suggest paying him $50 million now. A Degenerative knee condition and eternal inflammation that does not allow you to make it through seasons makes what you would be without that irrelevant. I like his game for reasons that should be obvious to anybody But you can’t both load manage to be healthy when it counts and be unavailable in the playoffs for 4 years running. You have to pick a struggle. If you’re going to sit out during the season, which makes it hard to make the playoffs, but do so in order to preserve yourself for them…you cant also be unavailable when the playoffs start.

as I said, he is missing tonight. He missed the last game. He missed games last year. And 3 years ago. And the year he didn’t miss games in the playoffs They weren’t in the playoffs because he missed the whole season.

Doesn’t look like it’s getting better. And he’s owed 150 million while being the older of the two players. He’s about as unsafe a bet as you can make right now

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 03:46 PM
Hakeem showed he can be the best in the league type dude but I wouldn’t suggest paying him $50 million now. A Degenerative knee condition and eternal inflammation that does not allow you to make it through seasons makes what you would be without that irrelevant. I like his game for reasons that should be obvious to anybody But you can’t both load manage to be healthy when it counts and be unavailable in the playoffs for 4 years running. You have to pick a struggle. If you’re going to sit out during the season, which makes it hard to make the playoffs, but do so in order to preserve yourself for them…you cant also be unavailable when the playoffs start.

as I said, he is missing tonight. He missed the last game. He missed games last year. And 3 years ago. And the year he didn’t miss games in the playoffs They weren’t in the playoffs because he missed the whole season.

Doesn’t look like it’s getting better. And he’s owed 150 million while being the older of the two players. He’s about as unsafe a bet as you can make right now

Why not? I thought you said because of the cap going up, the salary floor, and teams wanting expiring contracts….there was no reason to not pay anyone, why is Leonard different?

Charlie Sheen
04-30-2024, 03:56 PM

Beal is a combo of the cost from Kawhi's money and PG's pick swaps. It was not a good trade but i am not sure if this is a discussion about the trade or just how much money beal makes:confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 03:56 PM
Actually I was Talking about Hakeem. Because he’s probably 60. In his case, age would be the reason not to pay. In Leonard’s case the unfortunate reality that he can’t maintain his body well enough to be available in the playoffs is the reason. If I have to choose between a guy, I wish would play better and the guy who doesn’t play for the same money? The kind of makes itself. And Leonard does it the worst way possible. If he didn’t play at all, they could write off the deal and not have to pay the money. But he plays just enough to give you hope then not be available when you need it.

It sucks because he obviously deserved it as a basketball player skill set wise. But a player is his ability plus his body. Missing the body?

I hope he turns it around and kills it for a few years, but at this point?

Anything he gives you is extra. His team is fighting for its life without him. And it’s happened over and over and over and over. I’m not blaming him, but goddamn.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 03:59 PM
Beal is a combo of the cost from Kawhi's money and PG's pick swaps. It was not a good trade but i am not sure if this is a discussion about the trade or just how much money beal makes:confusedshrug:

we are just talking contracts and how much of the team’s salary cap does a player receive, and if it is good value or not

(kblaze says bradly beal’s contract isn’t bad)

Actually I was Talking about Hakeem. Because he’s probably 60. In his case, age would be the reason not to pay. In Leonard’s case the unfortunate reality that he can’t maintain his body well enough to be available in the playoffs is the reason. If I have to choose between a guy, I wish would play better and the guy who doesn’t play for the same money? The kind of makes itself. And Leonard does it the worst way possible. If he didn’t play at all, they could write off the deal and not have to pay the money. But he plays just enough to give you hope then not be available when you need it.

It sucks because he obviously deserved it as a basketball player skill set wise. But a player is his ability plus his body. Missing the body?

I hope he turns it around and kills it for a few years, but at this point?

Anything he gives you is extra. His team is fighting for its life without him. And it’s happened over and over and over and over. I’m not blaming him, but goddamn.

It kinda sounds like you are saying Leonard’s contract isn’t worth it and a bad contract?

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 04:01 PM

originally the discussion was once the wizards paid him they would be stuck with his albatross contract forever because nobody would take it. And then they talked to each other and decided to move him and it took about 45 minutes because there is no such thing as an unmovable deal anymore. But fans keep thinking there is.

The wizards gave him the contract Only had to pay a fraction of it and traded him for picks and have such little salary on the books going forward theyre gonna have to sign somebody to stay off the salary floor.

It did no tangible harm, which was the entire original discussion that he wants to keep having because he doesn’t get sick of hearing the same thing. He’s going to keep trying to get me to talk to him about it for a few more years while somehow also suggesting I won’t let it go. It’s a weird dynamic

Charlie Sheen
04-30-2024, 04:10 PM
we are just talking contracts and how much of the team’s salary cap does a player receive, and if it is good value or not

The killer part was the trade because that was the last move phoenix is going to be able to make to improve this team. The contract by itself was not crippling.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 04:11 PM

It kinda sounds like you are saying Leonard’s contract isn’t worth it and a bad contract?

If he doesn’t play basketball while being paid it. And even then it won’t be what you hysterical types.l suggest such things are though. In a world you can do a little cap magic and fit three of them and good role players on one team? It’s literally impossible to pay anybody enough that it destroys your team. And somehow you could pay somebody enough(which would probably be in the 90 million range) The CBA no longer allows you to pay them long enough for it to be a long-term issue.

You’re in this topic complaining about the “Long term” Situation of a team that will be under the salary in two years. The current cap that is. They will be waaaaaay under the expanding one if they choose.

This is an All in Owner. A meddlesome one which probably isn’t for the best, but I would take him over these cheap owners every time.

Lot better to be the Suns than the Hornets. Give me a guy who writes the check and doesn’t care.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 04:13 PM
originally the discussion was once the wizards paid him they would be stuck with his albatross contract forever because nobody would take it. And then they talked to each other and decided to move him and it took about 45 minutes because there is no such thing as an unmovable deal anymore. But fans keep thinking there is.

The wizards gave him the contract Only had to pay a fraction of it and traded him for picks and have such little salary on the books going forward theyre gonna have to sign somebody to stay off the salary floor.

It did no tangible harm, which was the entire original discussion that he wants to keep having because he doesn’t get sick of hearing the same thing. He’s going to keep trying to get me to talk to him about it for a few more years while somehow also suggesting I won’t let it go. It’s a weird dynamic

To be honest I just find it funny when you are being such a goof that can’t admit that it’s a burden to any team to have Bradly Beal on that contract. (Any team that’s trying to win at least)

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 04:14 PM
And to be honest, I’m still not entirely out on Leonard. But I tend to have faith in people for too long. I thought Kobe was going to be good again All the way to like the All-Star break of his final season. If he can get his knee together for a couple months at the right time, maybe something will prove itself worth it.

You just hate to see it.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 04:17 PM
If he doesn’t play basketball while being paid it. And even then it won’t be what you hysterical types.l suggest such things are though. In a world you can do a little cap magic and fit three of them and good role players on one team? It’s literally impossible to pay anybody enough that it destroys your team. And somehow you could pay somebody enough(which would probably be in the 90 million range) The CBA no longer allows you to pay them long enough for it to be a long-term issue.

You’re in this topic complaining about the “Long term” Situation of a team that will be under the salary in two years. The current cap that is. They will be waaaaaay under the expanding one if they choose.

This is an All in Owner. A meddlesome one which probably isn’t for the best, but I would take him over these cheap owners every time.

Lot better to be the Suns than the Hornets. Give me a guy who writes the check and doesn’t care.

Writing the checks and not carrying is not how you build a good team. I think the Suns have just shown us that. You need to be willing to write the checks yet still be intelligent with how you use your money. That’s what winning organizations do. Like I said earlier in the thread, if you try to say F*** the salary cap, the salary cap will F*** you.

And to be honest, I’m still not entirely out on Leonard. But I tend to have faith in people for too long. I thought Kobe was going to be good again All the way to like the All-Star break of his final season. If he can get his knee together for a couple months at the right time, maybe something will prove itself worth it.

You just hate to see it.

I’ve said quite a few times that Leonard’s chronic health issues have been one of the worst things for the game of basketball. There was a time he was my favorite non warriors player.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 04:34 PM
To be honest I just find it funny when you are being such a goof that can’t admit that it’s a burden to any team to have Bradly Beal on that contract. (Any team that’s trying to win at least)

What I find funny is you going from the extreme of it being an absolutely unmovable albatross that is the worst contract in history to talking about it being a burden for team trying to win a championship. The Tone change and realization that you had no idea what you were talking about to begin with is unusual in somebody insisting on continuing to bring up a discussion that is hundreds of post already.

You’ve already given up like 70% of what you were originally insisting but you’re going to want to keep talking about it till the end you’re just like “I know there’s 77 of them but that one was…a little worse than ideal”.

You don’t even hear your stance softening, but I do.

These contracts do not mean shit. They mean less every day. just wait until you realize at the end of his contract, he might be making less money than he made at the start of it relative to the cap. He’s gonna have the smallest cap hit when he has the biggest actual number if a couple things fall into place but by then we will have moved on to you being outraged Walker Kessler or someone gets 304 million and you won’t have learned a thing.

The whole Max and Supermax contract thing is nothing but a smoke screen designed by the owners negotiators to con the simple minded into thinking that they’re doing something that hurts them.

The worst contract you can think of is a calculated deal to ensure you never have to pay Steph Curry what he would truly be worth in an open market. They sat down and even change the rules on awards, which will eliminate some all NBA players, but make new ones who otherwise wouldn’t have made it get Supermax Eligible deals for over 300 million like Jalen Brown and both fans and players will marvel while the owners care about nothing but the revenue split.

There is literally nobody who even has the potential to make enough money that it will keep their team from being able to have a talented roster. The system does not allow it. But you’re doing the bidding of cheap owners by pushing the idea that they can.

that way, the All-Star, who was paid more than fans think gets the attention instead of the owner who could give the order to assemble a super team anyway and pull it off if he chose to spend his billions that way.

these owners are master manipulators, and frankly fans are ****ing stupid. Almost as bad as the players who go into the CBA giving up financial trade off for irrelevant shit like having approval over the post game buffet menu.

The owners are billionaires with billionaire level accountants and cap experts that get paid like low level CEOs.

A lot of the teams that suck forever just aren’t worried about winning. But they have a convenient scapegoat.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 04:40 PM
Writing the checks and not carrying is not how you build a good team. I think the Suns have just shown us that. You need to be willing to write the checks yet still be intelligent with how you use your money. That’s what winning organizations do. Like I said earlier in the thread, if you try to say F*** the salary cap, the salary cap will F*** you.

The suns won 50 games while their best players miss what? How many games did they even play together? Was it even 30? They obviously did build a capable team. Just not a healthy one. And got more hurt in the playoffs.

Can’t account for that. As a bulls fan? I will swap rosters in a second. Worst case we start over in two years. It isn’t some devastated franchise. It’s a team. That’s going to be good again next year, but probably not good enough. How many teams are good enough? Three?

And Owner like theirs can put you in the conversation off sheer willpower.

you can’t necessarily spend yourself to greatness, but you can spend yourself to being worth talking about. In a league where teams like the suns have already gone 50 years without winning being in the mix is all you can realistically expect.

you have to be a special kind of incompetent to be willing to pay the tax and still stay bad forever.

They’ll probably tear down in a couple years to get out of being repeaters, then go right back for it. We need more teams like that not less.

aj1987
04-30-2024, 05:01 PM
Beal is dog shit. He never deserved that contract. I watched him play on the Wizards and before that as well and he never impressed me. He has his moments when hell go off, but he's a turnstile on defense, can't pass/play make, and is a terrible team player.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 05:05 PM
What I find funny is you going from the extreme of it being an absolutely unmovable albatross that is the worst contract in history to talking about it being a burden for team trying to win a championship. The Tone change and realization that you had no idea what you were talking about to begin with is unusual in somebody insisting on continuing to bring up a discussion that is hundreds of post already.

You’ve already given up like 70% of what you were originally insisting but you’re going to want to keep talking about it till the end you’re just like “I know there’s 77 of them but that one was…a little worse than ideal”.

You don’t even hear your stance softening, but I do.

These contracts do not mean shit. They mean less every day. just wait until you realize at the end of his contract, he might be making less money than he made at the start of it relative to the cap. He’s gonna have the smallest cap hit when he has the biggest actual number if a couple things fall into place but by then we will have moved on to you being outraged Walker Kessler or someone gets 304 million and you won’t have learned a thing.

The whole Max and Supermax contract thing is nothing but a smoke screen designed by the owners negotiators to con the simple minded into thinking that they’re doing something that hurts them.

The worst contract you can think of is a calculated deal to ensure you never have to pay Steph Curry what he would truly be worth in an open market. They sat down and even change the rules on awards, which will eliminate some all NBA players, but make new ones who otherwise wouldn’t have made it get Supermax Eligible deals for over 300 million like Jalen Brown and both fans and players will marvel while the owners care about nothing but the revenue split.

There is literally nobody who even has the potential to make enough money that it will keep their team from being able to have a talented roster. The system does not allow it. But you’re doing the bidding of cheap owners by pushing the idea that they can.

that way, the All-Star, who was paid more than fans think gets the attention instead of the owner who could give the order to assemble a super team anyway and pull it off if he chose to spend his billions that way.

these owners are master manipulators, and frankly fans are ****ing stupid. Almost as bad as the players who go into the CBA giving up financial trade off for irrelevant shit like having approval over the post game buffet menu.

The owners are billionaires with billionaire level accountants and cap experts that get paid like low level CEOs.

A lot of the teams that suck forever just aren’t worried about winning. But they have a convenient scapegoat.

Not really. I said it was a stupid signing and should been unmovable, and it should be until Mat Ishbia went full retard, and look where that move landed him.

Your original reasoning for it not being a bad contract we’re “there have been worse contracts inked in the past”. Which is not a real reason.

Beal will be a Angel of Death wherever he goes on that contract, you don’t gotta like it, but it is what it is.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 05:08 PM
The suns won 50 games while their best players miss what? How many games did they even play together? Was it even 30? They obviously did build a capable team. Just not a healthy one. And got more hurt in the playoffs.

Can’t account for that. As a bulls fan? I will swap rosters in a second. Worst case we start over in two years. It isn’t some devastated franchise. It’s a team. That’s going to be good again next year, but probably not good enough. How many teams are good enough? Three?

And Owner like theirs can put you in the conversation off sheer willpower.

you can’t necessarily spend yourself to greatness, but you can spend yourself to being worth talking about. In a league where teams like the suns have already gone 50 years without winning being in the mix is all you can realistically expect.

you have to be a special kind of incompetent to be willing to pay the tax and still stay bad forever.

They’ll probably tear down in a couple years to get out of being repeaters, then go right back for it. We need more teams like that not less.

Yeah, Beal has had health problems for awhile now and is on the wrong side of 30. One of the reasons I said it’s an exceptionally bad contract.

The season was a total disaster, They went all in on Bradly Beal and got smoked. Their team obviously isn’t constructed right. They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and don’t have very many options considering they are in the second apron and Beal still has a no trade clause and they gave up all their remaining picks for him.

I don’t know how there is any other interpretation for the Sun’s decisions and results other than a complete and total disaster

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 05:29 PM
Not really. I said it was a stupid signing and should been unmovable, and it should be until Mat Ishbia went full retard, and look where that move landed him.

Your original reasoning for it not being a bad contract we’re “there have been worse contracts inked in the past”. Which is not a real reason.

Beal will be a Angel of Death wherever he goes on that contract, you don’t gotta like it, but it is what it is.

it was unmovable until the very second they decided to move it at which point it was easily moved. And the terrible fate was being a six seed, losing in the first round while a bunch of teams Considering themselves contenders did the same already or are likely about to. And they’ll have to wait to two whole summers from now to have significant cap room. Unless they just decide to get some. Which would be fairly simple if KD is fed up.

You did with people on the Internet always do. Take issue with something so you massively exaggerate and start talking about worst ever when you have no historical perspective. And then when you’re giving historical perspective, you say history doesn’t matter as if you didn’t originally start talking about historical terms like it being one of the worst/best ever.

It’s just human nature and ignorance. I helped alleviate your ignorance on the subject to put it in proper context. I also told you they could move it, which was factually correct. I’ve been doing nothing but giving you the truth you don’t like as you consistently dilute your point and make up reasons reality didn’t match your Belief.

literally 100% of the time this forum gets upset and claim some contract will be an unmovable albatross the team holding it is able to move it easily or wants it where it is.

Ish is like 0/15 in “Oh my god! They’re stuck!” claims and just refuses to learn.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 05:43 PM
Yeah, Beal has had health problems for awhile now and is on the wrong side of 30. One of the reasons I said it’s an exceptionally bad contract.

The season was a total disaster, They went all in on Bradly Beal and got smoked. Their team obviously isn’t constructed right. They aren’t going anywhere anytime soon and don’t have very many options considering they are in the second apron and Beal still has a no trade clause and they gave up all their remaining picks for him.

I don’t know how there is any other interpretation for the Sun’s decisions and results other than a complete and total disaster

That’s like saying the heat went all in on Chris Bosh. You don’t go all in on your third guy. They went all in when they traded Bridges and 4 first rounders for KD.

to get Beal they swapped what…the remnants of Paul and several pick swaps. They didn’t have enough left for a giant package. But it got him to a team he wanted and got them their third guy.

You wanna call the season a disaster? It’s just showing a lack of perspective once again. My team has only been this good three or four years since Jordan left. How many times have the Hornets even won this many games? Ever? Maybe once in the early 90s?

They are a team worth talking about which like about three others went down sooner than they hoped. If you think they are a disaster because they’re gonna have to wait a year or two to have space you need to remember what the Warriors were for like 40 years.

Teams go decades not even being what the Suns are now. The nets have topped 49 wins once since Doctor J led them in the ABA. Almost 50 years ago.

They aren’t a disaster. They lost after a good season that wasn’t what it should have been due to injuries.

Absolutely not a big deal. I’m not sure this season is even subpar for any franchise. Has any team consistently been better than the suns are now?

Maybe the Spurs historically. Maybe.

But I know wild exaggeration that lacks all perspective is your thing on these matters.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 05:51 PM
Anyway feel free to try to bait me into starting this over next time. You got your extra hundred posts of repeated content on the subject you think I’m the one who won’t drop. Maybe you’ll get another hundred next time. Get it up around 600. I’m gonna go soft boil some eggs to marinate for ramen. Excuse me.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 05:56 PM
Anyway feel free to try to bait me into starting this over next time. You got your extra hundred posts of repeated content on the subject you think I’m the one who won’t drop. Maybe you’ll get another hundred next time. Get it up around 600. I’m gonna go soft boil some eggs to marinate for ramen. Excuse me.

Well you keep going back to this reasoning of “beal’s contract isn’t bad, there have been far worse”

“Suns aren’t in that bad of a position, at least they aren’t the worst team in the league!”

This is like saying to the police “Hey what’s the big problem? So what I beat the shit out of my girlfriend, at least I didn’t kill her!”

tontoz
04-30-2024, 06:11 PM
Kblaze, claiming the contract was easily moved is simply not true. If Beal didn't want to get traded he wouldn't have gotten traded. He has a no trade clause. He isn't going anywhere he doesn't want to go

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 06:11 PM
More like a cop saying I killed my girlfriend and being annoyed that I’m pointing out she’s standing right over there living a perfectly normal life In better shape than a great deal of people around her.

And I forgot I needed Mirin. And I want real mirin for my teriyaki sauce, not corn syrup, which is what most American stores sell. I’m gonna have to get up and go to the Asian market. If there’s anything worse than getting up, it’s having to get back up. Thought I was home for the day.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 06:16 PM
Kblaze, claiming the contract was easily moved is simply not true. If Beal didn't want to get traded he wouldn't have gotten traded. He has a no trade clause. He isn't going anywhere he doesn't want to go

https://i.ibb.co/vLPNK3y/IMG-8509.png

Charlie Sheen
04-30-2024, 06:19 PM
Well you keep going back to this reasoning of “beal’s contract isn’t bad, there have been far worse”

“Suns aren’t in that bad of a position, at least they aren’t the worst team in the league!”

This is like saying to the police “Hey what’s the big problem? So what I beat the shit out of my girlfriend, at least I didn’t kill her!”

I think he is saying this version of the Suns is better than watching whatever they were going to be with Chris Paul. Beal is the girl you could have gotten with but you are waiting for the supermodel trade opportunity to walk into your life.

I am more on your side than his but he is not unreasonable here.

warriorfan
04-30-2024, 06:29 PM
I think he is saying this version of the Suns is better than watching whatever they were going to be with Chris Paul. Beal is the girl you could have gotten with but you are waiting for the supermodel trade opportunity to walk into your life.

I am more on your side than his but he is not unreasonable here.

I see what you are saying but I don’t know about that.

Pretty sure Suns could have managed to not win one Playoff game even with Chris Paul.

If they never made the trade they would have 10 more draft picks that they didn’t waste in getting beal, CP3 on an expiring 30 mil contract that they could flip

Now they are in the same place success wise they were after the trade, except now they have 10 less draft picks and beal for multiple extra years at 50 mil with his no trade clause.

Patience is a virtue, sometimes the best move is no move.

The Suns blew it, there’s no two ways around it really.

DMAVS41
04-30-2024, 09:01 PM
You guys are still arguing this?

The Suns basically got Beal for free or at very little cost for a team trying to win now. Hard to knock the move given they have like a 3 year window at most. They took a chance and it hasn't worked yet...reasonable people can disagree about what the right move or moves would have been for the Suns.

But this "worst contract" and "unable to be traded" shit needs to stop...how on earth does this narrative still exist after Beal was just traded for positive value to the Suns less than a year ago?

The "Beal's contract was terrible for the Wizards crowd" really needs to just take the L and admit they were wrong.

Can't believe this shit still comes up. A player that stays with one team as long as Beal did and plays at his level is simply going to get within 10% of the contract he got no matter what. One can disagree with that, but that doesn't change reality. The whole league is setup to max or near max a player like Beal roughly 10 years into his career.

Make peace with it...you already should have...because the contracts are not stopping.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 09:18 PM
You guys are still arguing this?

The Suns basically got Beal for free or at very little cost for a team trying to win now. Hard to knock the move given they have like a 3 year window at most. They took a chance and it hasn't worked yet...reasonable people can disagree about what the right move or moves would have been for the Suns.

But this "worst contract" and "unable to be traded" shit needs to stop...how on earth does this narrative still exist after Beal was just traded for positive value to the Suns less than a year ago?

So which is it? Did the Suns "get him basically for free" or did the Wizards trade him for positive value?

When the Wizards signed Beal it was a win now move and failed, as we said it would because Beal isn't that good. The Suns acquired him in a win now move and that has failed badly. They took a huge step back which again was predictable when so much money is tied up with someone who isn't that.good.

The wizards had yet another losing season when they were trying to win and the Suns couldn't win one playoff game after taking the champs to 6 last year. Where Beal goes, disappointment follows, as we predicted.

DMAVS41
04-30-2024, 09:29 PM
So which is it? Did the Suns "get him basically for free" or did the Wizards trade him for positive value?

When the Wizards signed Beal it was a win now move and failed, as we said it would because Beal isn't that good. The Suns acquired him in a win now move and that has failed badly. They took a huge step back which again was predictable when so much money is tied up with someone who isn't that.good.

The wizards had yet another losing season when they were trying to win and the Suns couldn't win one playoff game after taking the champs to 6 last year. Where Beal goes, disappointment follows, as we predicted.

Again, I'm not going to argue semantics. The Wizards got rid of Beal for a bunch of picks and pick swaps for a team blowing it up. I think that is fair to call it positive value.

The Suns? They were trying to win now and lost and old Paul and Shamet for Beal...I think that is fair to call "basically free or at little cost" for a team only concerned with the next few seasons.

You predicted? No, what you predicted was that the Wizards wouldn't be able to move Beal at all...and you were dead wrong.

How good Beal actually is...is certainly debatable....perhaps I and Blaze over-rate him to some extent...again, I'm not really sure as how good Beal was / is...was never the debate. It was about the contract...and we were right...and you were wrong.

Nearly a year later...your camp just needs to take the L rather than going on and on.

Just like the crowd claiming the Gobert trade made no sense and was one of the dumbest ever. Bill Simmons and his buddy Rusillo went on and on about how stupid that was...now they are in love with this Wolves team.

Usually the hard line opinions that offer no room for conversation...are often the dumbest. Something for you to think about.

DMAVS41
04-30-2024, 09:31 PM

This is another way of saying "I was wrong"...the contract I claimed was impossible to move...actually got moved and got moved for absolutely no cost to the Wizards no matter how harsh any reasonable person could be.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 09:42 PM
Again, I'm not going to argue semantics. The Wizards got rid of Beal for a bunch of picks and pick swaps for a team blowing it up. I think that is fair to call it positive value.

The Suns? They were trying to win now and lost and old Paul and Shamet for Beal...I think that is fair to call "basically free or at little cost" for a team only concerned with the next few seasons.

You predicted? No, what you predicted was that the Wizards wouldn't be able to move Beal at all...and you were dead wrong.

How good Beal actually is...is certainly debatable....perhaps I and Blaze over-rate him to some extent...again, I'm not really sure as how good Beal was / is...was never the debate. It was about the contract...and we were right...and you were wrong.

Nearly a year later...your camp just needs to take the L rather than going on and on.

Just like the crowd claiming the Gobert trade made no sense and was one of the dumbest ever. Bill Simmons and his buddy Rusillo went on and on about how stupid that was...now they are in love with this Wolves team.

Usually the hard line opinions that offer no room for conversation...are often the dumbest. Something for you to think about.

First of all the wizards got no first round picks. They got pick swaps, one of which was for this year and worthless.

Secondly I predicted that that there was no scenario where they could actually be a good team with Beal. They got a career year out of porzingus and still won only 35 games. It was a completely wasted year.

I knew that we wouldn't get much in any trade, assuming we could actually trade him which was no sure thing. Not only was it an awful contract but he also had a no trade clause. If he didn't want to be traded he wasn't going anywhere.

Then after the wasted season we had no leverage with KP and were forced to trade him for Tyus Jones. If we had another year on KPs contract we probably get more for him.

We didn't get squat for trading Beal and had another wasted season. Instead of tanking for Wemby we are tanking in one of the worst drafts in recent.memory.

DMAVS41
04-30-2024, 09:50 PM
First of all the wizards got no first round picks. They got pick swaps, one of which was for this year and worthless.

Secondly I predicted that that there was no scenario where they could actually be a good team with Beal. They got a career year out of porzingus and still won only 35 games. It was a completely wasted year.

I knew that we wouldn't get much in any trade, assuming we could actually trade him which was no sure thing. Not only was it an awful contract but he also had a no trade clause. If he didn't want to be traded he wasn't going anywhere.

Then after the wasted season we had no leverage with KP and were forced to trade him for Tyus Jones. If we had another year on KPs contract we probably get more for him.

We didn't get squat for trading Beal and had another wasted season. Instead of tanking for Wemby we are tanking in one of the worst drafts in recent.memory.

Your arguments don't make sense.

You certainly got more for Beal than you would have letting him walk for nothing...because your team was capped regardless. Again, you aren't making sense.

First, you said it was dumb to sign Beal because he would be really hard to trade without attaching assets. That turned out to be 100% wrong.

Then you want the Wizards to somehow be good right away after either not signing Beal or trading him? You say he sucks, but then complain about turning him into future assets and cap flexibility?

How do you expect the Wizards to get good without bottoming out and having tradeable contracts in the next few years?

The Wizards are doing everything a team starting over should be doing. I agree they did it late...as I said on repeat...they should have traded Beal like 3 years ago at his peak...but my guess is fans like you would have complained about that as well.

Lastly, blaming Beal for the Suns is absurd. They haven't done shit since Durant got there and are a flawed team. Durant is far more to blame...he can't do shit in his career since the Warriors. Everywhere he goes, teams don't match expectations. Blaming the third option having to play a limited role is as empty as you and your camp trying to pretend you weren't dead wrong about the Beal situation in Washington.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 10:10 PM
For the record what I actually said regarding a Beal trade was.

At $35 million/yr he would be easily tradable. $50 million per year makes him a lot tougher to move, not to mention his no trade clause.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?505432-After-10-years-with-the-Wizards-Beal-is-expected-to-sign-248-million-Supermax/page28

That was the big thread about the Beal signing. I barely even mentioned trading him. What I repeated over and over is that we weren't going to be any good with him so it was pointless to resign for $50 million per year.

DMAVS41
04-30-2024, 10:23 PM
For the record what I actually said regarding a Beal trade was.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?505432-After-10-years-with-the-Wizards-Beal-is-expected-to-sign-248-million-Supermax/page28

That was the big thread about the Beal signing. I barely even mentioned trading him. What I repeated over and over is that we weren't going to be any good with him so it was pointless to resign for $50 million per year.

But it wasn't hard to move him. They moved him easily within a year and for cap flexibility and future assets....and put together a tanking team...exactly what you'd want.

So, no, it wasn't a big deal at all...signing him to potentially take on bad contracts to tank, like I argued, turned out to be the correct thing to do. You keep acting like the Wizards paid some huge price to sign Beal....they didn't...not at all.

And, as I'm sure you know being a Wizards fan...even hitting in the draft doesn't mean that much. The truth is...if the Wizards pick in the top 5 the next 3 years...they'll be lucky to get a player that turns out to be as good as Beal was for them.

End of the day...my argument was simple. The contract was not a death sentence and could be moved...and it was within a year. That is all I ever said...and I was right...the rest is just noise.

I get being frustrated as a fan, but you said it was dumb to sign Beal and would be hard to move him...then they move him within a year and tank...and you are still complaining. I highly doubt you would have been cool with the actual correct thing to do...which was trade Beal when he was 27 and had 2 years left on his deal and scoring 30 a game. That was the actual time to move him, but fans would have gone nuts about that.

Fans be fans.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 10:30 PM
But it wasn't hard to move him. They moved him easily within a year and for cap flexibility and future assets....and put together a tanking team...exactly what you'd want.

So, no, it wasn't a big deal at all...signing him to potentially take on bad contracts to tank, like I argued, turned out to be the correct thing to do. You keep acting like the Wizards paid some huge price to sign Beal....they didn't...not at all.

And, as I'm sure you know being a Wizards fan...even hitting in the draft doesn't mean that much. The truth is...if the Wizards pick in the top 5 the next 3 years...they'll be lucky to get a player that turns out to be as good as Beal was for them.

End of the day...my argument was simple. The contract was not a death sentence and could be moved...and it was within a year. That is all I ever said...and I was right...the rest is just noise.

I get being frustrated as a fan, but you said it was dumb to sign Beal and would be hard to move him...then they move him within a year and tank...and you are still complaining.

Fans be fans.

Why don't you compare what we got for Beal to what other star players have gotten traded for? The Raps got 3 first round picks for Siakam ffs.

We didn't even get one first round pick. We got pick swaps and the corpse of Chris Paul . And of course that was all contingent on Beals approval.Another wasted year trying to be good but failing miserably.

That was a very strong draft. We would have been much better of starting our tank a year earlier. There were several guys at the top of that draft making a major impact.

GimmeThat
04-30-2024, 10:44 PM
the heart can't be written on a contract, and committement is built on satisfaction - the animal

DMAVS41
04-30-2024, 10:47 PM
Why don't you compare what we got for Beal to what other star players have gotten traded for? The Raps got 3 first round picks for Siakam ffs.

We didn't even get one first round pick. We got pick swaps and the corpse of Chris Paul . And of course that was all contingent on Beals approval.Another wasted year trying to be good but failing miserably.

That was a very strong draft. We would have been much better of starting our tank a year earlier. There were several guys at the top of that draft making a major impact.

I don't understand your arguments towards me.

I was literally arguing that the Wizards should have traded Beal back in the 2021 season and rebuilt. I've been on that train likely longer than you.

Didn't they get a top 20 protected first round pick from the Warriors? It's been a bit, but I'm pretty sure they got a protected first from them in like 6 years or something. Regardless, I never said they'd get a great package for Beal unless they took on a bad contract. Either way though...they got cap flexibility and extra assets they wouldn't have had if they just didn't sign him.

I never said Beal was a top 10 player or worth his contract in a vacuum. I simply said he'd be easier to move than people thought and that it gave the Wizards a way to hard tank and get some extra assets...which is exactly what happened.

Yes, they should have done it earlier...but that doesn't change what happened after they signed him.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 10:56 PM
I don't understand your arguments towards me.

I was literally arguing that the Wizards should have traded Beal back in the 2021 season and rebuilt. I've been on that train likely longer than you.

Didn't they get a top 20 protected first round pick from the Warriors? It's been a bit, but I'm pretty sure they got a protected first from them in like 6 years or something. Regardless, I never said they'd get a great package for Beal unless they took on a bad contract. Either way though...they got cap flexibility and extra assets they wouldn't have had if they just didn't sign him.

I never said Beal was a top 10 player or worth his contract in a vacuum. I simply said he'd be easier to move than people thought and that it gave the Wizards a way to hard tank and get some extra assets...which is exactly what happened.

Yes, they should have done it earlier...but that doesn't change what happened after they signed him.

What happened after they sign him was another year wasted in irrelevance. Not coincidentally the GM that signed him to that contract was fired a year later.

I wasn't even looking at draft prospects at that time but if we had started our tank then, rather than resigning Beal, we probably could have gotten more in a KP trade and would have started our tank in a.much stronger draft year.

We are unlikely to to be better than the Suns any time soon so those pick swaps have little value. That GS pick is so conditional it is unlikely to be anything but smoke.

If the GM hadn't gotten fired I have no doubt Beal would still be here and we would still be stuck on the treadmill to no where.

You claimed that I said Beal would be impossible to trade, which I didn't say, claiming I was dead wrong and then wonder what my argument is? :facepalm

Everything I said would happen did happen. They still sucked after resigning Beal in spite of a career year from KP. They didn't get squat for trading him, but trading him for crap was better than keeping him. Fortunately the Suns new owner was desperate to make a splash and Beal was actually willing to go there.

warriorfan
05-01-2024, 12:35 AM
Never seen dudes double down to this level

You finna to die on a hill for bradly beal?

Wake me up homies. This shit can’t be real. :roll:

DMAVS41
05-01-2024, 01:42 PM
What happened after they sign him was another year wasted in irrelevance. Not coincidentally the GM that signed him to that contract was fired a year later.

I wasn't even looking at draft prospects at that time but if we had started our tank then, rather than resigning Beal, we probably could have gotten more in a KP trade and would have started our tank in a.much stronger draft year.

We are unlikely to to be better than the Suns any time soon so those pick swaps have little value. That GS pick is so conditional it is unlikely to be anything but smoke.

If the GM hadn't gotten fired I have no doubt Beal would still be here and we would still be stuck on the treadmill to no where.

You claimed that I said Beal would be impossible to trade, which I didn't say, claiming I was dead wrong and then wonder what my argument is? :facepalm

Everything I said would happen did happen. They still sucked after resigning Beal in spite of a career year from KP. They didn't get squat for trading him, but trading him for crap was better than keeping him. Fortunately the Suns new owner was desperate to make a splash and Beal was actually willing to go there.

The argument doesn’t make sense because signing Beal didn’t hurt them at all.

You are combining a lot of different past moves with the Beal signing.

My memory was that you argued Beal would be very difficult to trade and would hurt the team … and the simply was not the case.

Arguing with me about other Wizards moves is silly because my take was trading Beal at his peak in 21. Still haven’t heard if you would have been cool with that.

Like I said. Signing Beal made sense for the exact reasons I said and then it played out exactly like I said it could. Also, not signing him and tanking made sense as well.

You are flipping the burden. I said both made sense, but you argued signing Beal was really stupid and he’d be hard to move.

I think what played clearly proves my stance was not only more reasonable, but objectively more accurate as well given that he was moved so easily and for positive value for a tanking team.

DMAVS41
05-01-2024, 01:44 PM
Never seen dudes double down to this level

You finna to die on a hill for bradly beal?

Wake me up homies. This shit can’t be real. :roll:

That is literally you. Everything you said couldn’t happen…did in fact happen.

You were wrong. Sorry you can’t handle it.

NBAGOAT
05-01-2024, 01:59 PM
Well Beal might be unmovable now. Suns have no picks to attach to him. And yes when you make that much money and use your ridiculous ntc to force your way to phx I’ll give you some blame. Was way too injury prone this year for one. Also I completely get his stats being role player esque with Durant and Booker on the court but when he was with just one of the two he put up unimpressive volume on average efficiency according to lowe. When it was just him volume was good star lvl but he was inefficient. Beal had to be better in those minutes. Also cp3 wasn’t that unmovable with a partial guarantee. Could’ve gotten two random rotation guys for him and all those 2nd rd picks and swaps.

tontoz
05-01-2024, 02:01 PM
My memory was that you argued Beal would be very difficult to trade and would hurt the team … and the simply was not the case.

Your memory sucks. I linked the 36 page thread about his signing. I only once mentioned his trade value, and I just said a $50 million contract with a no trade clause would be harder to trade than a $35 million deal which is closey to his true value.

My primary objection to paying him is that we already know what to expect. The wizards have no path to being good with Beal on the roster. It just means they will stay on the treadmill to nowhere. Portland east is what I called them.

Not only did we spend another year in irrelevance with 35 wins. We missed out on some excellent draft prospects last year. Starting our tank in a lousy draft year is right out of the #sowizards playbook.

3 things had to happen for Beal to get traded.
-the GM got fired
-we needed another team dumb enough to trade for him.
-beal had to approve the trade.

Even after the trade all we got was expiring and pick swaps and that was the best case scenario. The worst case scenario was spending another 5 more years on the treadmill to nowhere.

There was minimal upside to resigning Beal and major downside. That is not a bet I would ever make.

You aren't a wizards fan so you can't grasp the fact that fans aren't interested in spending another 5 years on the same treadmill we've been on for decades.

warriorfan
05-01-2024, 02:12 PM
That is literally you. Everything you said couldn’t happen…did in fact happen.

You were wrong. Sorry you can’t handle it.

If you are gonna shift goal posts and try to say you only said

“the contract is able to be moved” and that’s it….

fine, you win, congratulations, send a thank you to Mat Ishbia for being a special kind of stupid. you can leave the thread now

My point remains the same

Beal contract is terrible value for his performance and health. The No trade clause makes it even more insane.

He’s going to be detrimental to any team trying to win because he simply does not pull the weight of his salary. He’s a burden.

Suns are now big time ****ed

https://i.postimg.cc/hjk3q7JB/IMG-3387.jpg

It’s the worst contract in the league.

Just saw this too lol

Bradley Beal has two seasons and $103.8 million remaining on his current contract along with a player option for the 2026-27 season worth $57.1 million, which he assuredly will exercise given that massive figure.
That alone is prohibitive from a team-building standpoint for the Phoenix Suns, but Beal also has a no-trade clause alongside the three years left on his deal. And that should have given the Suns pause before they traded for him last summer, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
"[Beal's no-trade clause] should have been a dealbreaker if you're Phoenix," he said Monday (2:00 mark). "That should have been a walkaway. Now you are married, again, to that no-trade clause and probably the most toxic contract in NBA history. Beal's a good player. Beal's not a $50-million-per-year player. He's not worth the $160 million left on his contract."

Charlie Sheen
05-01-2024, 02:36 PM
Well Beal might be unmovable now. Suns have no picks to attach to him. And yes when you make that much money and use your ridiculous ntc to force your way to phx IÂ’ll give you some blame. Was way too injury prone this year for one. Also I completely get his stats being role player esque with Durant and Booker on the court but when he was with just one of the two he put up unimpressive volume on average efficiency according to lowe. When it was just him volume was good star lvl but he was inefficient. Beal had to be better in those minutes. Also cp3 wasnÂ’t that unmovable with a partial guarantee. CouldÂ’ve gotten two random rotation guys for him and all those 2nd rd picks and swaps.

Yup. Agree with everything you said.

Looking at it from the other side it feels like Phoenix got caught up in the moment after last year's playoffs. It was like Suns decision makers forgot the massive investment they made in KD because all they could see was Booker's historic playoff run...

Durant took the most corner 3s of his career this season, totaling 68 corner 3-point attempts. That may not be a lot for guys whose job it is to sit in the corner and knock down 3s, but considering that prior to this year, K.D. averaged around 23.2 corner 3s over his career, that's a significant rise. And while he was knocking them down at a 46% clip, which ranked in the 93rd percentile, that's not the best use of someone of Durant's generational talents.

Monty was the problem. Old CP3 was the problem. Ayton was the problem. Bench missing shots was the problem. Nah. the problem always was Phoenix has unrealistic expectation for Booker. He does not offer enough when he is not scoring. It is unfair to compare him to Steph but that is the role the Suns tried to put him in... Curry drew the defense away from the areas KD likes to operate and Booker just is not that caliber of player.

DMAVS41
05-01-2024, 02:53 PM
Your memory sucks. I linked the 36 page thread about his signing. I only once mentioned his trade value, and I just said a $50 million contract with a no trade clause would be harder to trade than a $35 million deal which is closey to his true value.

My primary objection to paying him is that we already know what to expect. The wizards have no path to being good with Beal on the roster. It just means they will stay on the treadmill to nowhere. Portland east is what I called them.

Not only did we spend another year in irrelevance with 35 wins. We missed out on some excellent draft prospects last year. Starting our tank in a lousy draft year is right out of the #sowizards playbook.

3 things had to happen for Beal to get traded.
-the GM got fired
-we needed another team dumb enough to trade for him.
-beal had to approve the trade.

Even after the trade all we got was expiring and pick swaps and that was the best case scenario. The worst case scenario was spending another 5 more years on the treadmill to nowhere.

There was minimal upside to resigning Beal and major downside. That is not a bet I would ever make.

You aren't a wizards fan so you can't grasp the fact that fans aren't interested in spending another 5 years on the same treadmill we've been on for decades.

I read it and that is what you said. It was dumb to sign him and the contract would be difficult to move at his number.

Didn’t hurt them, actually got them assets they wouldn’t have gotten without signing him, and contract was moved easily.

All your other points, many I agree with, have no relevance our discussion about Beal.

DMAVS41
05-01-2024, 02:54 PM
If you are gonna shift goal posts and try to say you only said

“the contract is able to be moved” and that’s it….

fine, you win, congratulations, send a thank you to Mat Ishbia for being a special kind of stupid. you can leave the thread now

My point remains the same

Beal contract is terrible value for his performance and health. The No trade clause makes it even more insane.

He’s going to be detrimental to any team trying to win because he simply does not pull the weight of his salary. He’s a burden.

Suns are now big time ****ed

https://i.postimg.cc/hjk3q7JB/IMG-3387.jpg

It’s the worst contract in the league.

Just saw this too lol

Glad you finally admit you were wrong.

NBAGOAT
05-01-2024, 02:56 PM
Yup. Agree with everything you said.

Looking at it from the other side it feels like Phoenix got caught up in the moment after last year's playoffs. It was like Suns decision makers forgot the massive investment they made in KD because all they could see was Booker's historic playoff run...

Monty was the problem. Old CP3 was the problem. Ayton was the problem. Bench missing shots was the problem. Nah. the problem always was Phoenix has unrealistic expectation for Booker. He does not offer enough when he is not scoring. It is unfair to compare him to Steph but that is the role the Suns tried to put him in... Curry drew the defense away from the areas KD likes to operate and Booker just is not that caliber of player.

i completely agree what you said. Suns also expected booker to be a lead playmaker this year. He was ok at it but not good enough to lead a team like the best stars. One reason suns got hot at end of year is they had beal play more pg.

tontoz
05-01-2024, 02:59 PM
I read it and that is what you said. It was dumb to sign him and the contract would be difficult to move at his number.

Didn’t hurt them, actually got them assets they wouldn’t have gotten without signing him, and contract was moved easily.

All your other points, many I agree with, have no relevance our discussion about Beal.

Contract was moved easily? That is just dumb. It took 3 unlikely events to occur simultaneously.

You are like the guy who goes all in preflop with qq and thinks he made a good play when he outdraws aa.

NBAGOAT
05-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Contract was moved easily? That is just dumb. It took 3 unlikely events to occur simultaneously.

You are like the guy who goes all in preflop with qq and thinks he made a good play when he outdraws aa.

its not a bad play to go all in preflop with QQ tbf, JJ sure.

tontoz
05-01-2024, 03:05 PM
its not a bad play to go all in preflop with QQ tbf, JJ sure.

It is when the other guy is telling you he has aa and you don't buy it.

warriorfan
05-01-2024, 03:06 PM

Lol.

ESPN’s Front Office Insider Bobby Marks

‘That alone is prohibitive from a team-building standpoint for the Phoenix Suns, but Beal also has a no-trade clause alongside the three years left on his deal. And that should have given the Suns pause before they traded for him last summer, according to ESPN's Bobby Marks.
"[Beal's no-trade clause] should have been a dealbreaker if you're Phoenix," he said Monday (2:00 mark). "That should have been a walkaway. Now you are married, again, to that no-trade clause and probably the most toxic contract in NBA history.’

Or maybe DMavs41 knows better
lol

NBAGOAT
05-01-2024, 03:07 PM
It is when the other guy is telling you he has aa and you don't buy it.

that's fair

tontoz
05-01-2024, 03:08 PM
Bobby Marks is the NBA Front Office Insider for ESPN, previously performing this position for Yahoo! Sports' The Vertical. He had previously spent 20 years working in the NBA, the last five as assistant general manager of the Brooklyn Nets.

Bobby Marks was working in the NBA front office for years, actually making these decisions, and called Beals probably the worst in NBA history. That is saying something for a guy involved in the NBA so long.

warriorfan
05-01-2024, 03:09 PM
Bobby Marks was working in the NBA front office for years, actually making these decisions, and called Beals contract the worst in NBA history. That is saying something for a guy involved in the NBA so long.

Yup. 100%

DMAVS41
05-01-2024, 08:59 PM

Complete revisionist history. Multiple teams were interested and he was traded within a few weeks of becoming available. Nothing about it was unlikely, which was my point and Blaze's point the entire time.

Terrible poker analogy. Nothing is that simple. It depends on what the chip stacks are and the risk / reward specifics of the decision. The problem with people like you is that you can't understand nuance or the specifics of a situation. Plenty of situations where going all in pre with QQ makes sense...and plenty of situations where it doesn't.

Beal was never going to be hard to move, even with the no-trade clause, unless he suffered a serious injury...and even then he likely could have been moved.

But yea...keep telling me how unlikely it was when reality begs to differ. Funny how that works.

tontoz
05-01-2024, 09:11 PM
Complete revisionist history. Multiple teams were interested and he was traded within a few weeks of becoming available. Nothing about it was unlikely, which was my point and Blaze's point the entire time.

Terrible poker analogy. Nothing is that simple. It depends on what the chip stacks are and the risk / reward specifics of the decision. The problem with people like you is that you can't understand nuance or the specifics of a situation. Plenty of situations where going all in pre with QQ makes sense...and plenty of situations where it doesn't.

Beal was never going to be hard to move, even with the no-trade clause, unless he suffered a serious injury...and even then he likely could have been moved.

But yea...keep telling me how unlikely it was when reality begs to differ. Funny how that works.

Who exactly were these "other teams" that were interested in Beal that Beal was willing to go to? Please enlighten us.

I am sure it would be news to Bobby Marks, and the Suns.

"[Beal's no-trade clause] should have been a dealbreaker if you're Phoenix," he said Monday (2:00 mark). "That should have been a walkaway. Now you are married, again, to that no-trade clause and probably the most toxic contract in NBA history.’

NBAGOAT
05-02-2024, 06:10 PM
Who exactly were these "other teams" that were interested in Beal that Beal was willing to go to? Please enlighten us.

i remember it being mainly miami but they balked at price and went after lillard. They didnt think herro was 30mil worse than beal and they were completely right. There were a few rumors with sacramento but that dont think that was serious and deal was going be huerter/barnes and filler. Finally, think beal said mil had interest if they didnt get lillard. Guess it wouldve involved middleton, mil needs assets to trade jrue for beal like 3 1sts. Jrue got 2 1sts with brogdon and timelord both guys had slightly positive value

GimmeThat
05-02-2024, 09:08 PM
so, raise the salary cap to 650 mil a year and all the troubles are solved, right.

money can buy sorrow. promised.

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 11:35 AM

Widely reported that both Miami and Milwaukee were interested and trying to make it work.

Beal himself said he got word that the Knicks, Nets, and Kings were trying to make moves to make it happen as well. Like I said at the time, I highly suspected that the Nets would have traded Simmons and some future assets for him Beal. That was probably the deal the Wizards should have gone for. Simmons is a much worse asset than Beal and I bet the Wizards could have gotten more of the type of package you would have wanted. What the Wizards ultimately went for doesn't mean that it was the only option.

Again, he got moved within days / weeks of coming available and the Wizards got positive value for the contract.

To argue otherwise is to simply argue against reality.

tontoz
05-05-2024, 11:40 AM
Widely reported that both Miami and Milwaukee were interested and trying to make it work.

Beal himself said he got word that the Knicks, Nets, and Kings were trying to make moves to make it happen as well.

Again, he got moved within days / weeks of coming available and the Wizards got positive value for the contract.

To argue otherwise is to simply argue against reality.

If there were so many teams interested then why did the Suns get him "basically for free"? Those are your own words.

Why couldn't the wizards get more for him like other teams did when trading their players?

NBAGOAT
05-05-2024, 12:08 PM
I guess no contrast is untradeable but there’s a certain point where it looks like such a negative asset you have to attach a 1st to get rid of it. Beal got positive value from suns but at same time lotta people thought phx made a stupid overpay. I was in between thought it was overpay but ok with it since they needed an upgrade from Paul and no other “star” was attainable.

For now those people down on Beal trade were right imo. He looks untradeable rn and phx big 3 doesn’t work. That can change with a bounce back year but hard imagining Beal plays as well as someone like gobert on this suns team.

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 12:42 PM
If there were so many teams interested then why did the Suns get him "basically for free"? Those are your own words.

Why couldn't the wizards get more for him like other teams did when trading their players?

My exact quote was basically for free or at little cost...and I explained previously what I meant. Which was that a win now team like the Suns doesn't care about giving up some future pick swaps and Chris Paul's contract.

Why couldn't the Wizards get more? Because Beal and his contract were not as valuable as the other players you are referencing...in addition to the Wizards not being willing to take on a contract like Simmons, who has a much worse contract than Beal, to get extra assets.

I'm not sure if you are knowingly doing this, but at this point I'll assume you aren't interested in actually having a discussion. You are changing the debate from whether or not it hurt the Wizards to how much of a positive return the Wizards got.

To me, that sort of ends the debate. Once we are debating why the Wizards didn't get more...my side has won....because the very fact that he was traded with ease and for positive value destroys the narrative that he couldn't be traded (yes, I realize you didn't say this explicitly) or that his contract was just stupid and would hurt the Wizards (you did say this)...

So you now arguing about why they didn't get as much as Siakam or lamenting that they should have tanked earlier...to me, are not relevant to our debate. Again, I was in favor of trading Beal likely before you and Wizards fans ever thought of it.

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 12:45 PM
I guess no contrast is untradeable but there’s a certain point where it looks like such a negative asset you have to attach a 1st to get rid of it. Beal got positive value from suns but at same time lotta people thought phx made a stupid overpay. I was in between thought it was overpay but ok with it since they needed an upgrade from Paul and no other “star” was attainable.

For now those people down on Beal trade were right imo. He looks untradeable rn and phx big 3 doesn’t work. That can change with a bounce back year but hard imagining Beal plays as well as someone like gobert on this suns team.

For where the Suns were...it is really hard to call it an overpay imo.

You could call the trade stupid in that they shouldn't have traded for Beal...and that, imo, is perfectly reasonable...but to call it an overpay considering what little they gave up for a team with like a 3 year window max...I don't know, they just didn't pay much that matters to them.

Like I said above, whether or not they should have traded for Beal is a whole different story.

And just to clarify...our debate was never about the Suns trade. It was about whether or not Beal's contract would hurt the Wizards and with some...whether or not he could even be traded without attaching assets...and I think it is simply objective...that the other side was wrong about that.

But that other side might be right about Beal's on court value, especially for a team like the Suns...but that was never the debate.

Nobody, to my knowledge...ever argued Beal was a top 6 player...Blaze seemed the highest on him and I don't even think he was arguing anything beyond borderline all-star level player.

tontoz
05-05-2024, 12:57 PM
Let's hear what Beal himself had to say:

“So, my initial favorite was Miami," Beal said in an interview with Andscape. "And so, we call Miami. [Miami president] Pat [Riley] says well I’ll go talk to [owner] Micky [Arison] and figure it out. So he goes, talks to Micky, we go, we hear back [New York] Knicks, Sacramento, Brooklyn a little bit, and then it was Milwaukee and it was one more big team … And that was kind of one of the most difficult things about every trade and every team. And I respect and love every team, but a lot of them just couldn’t do it because the money was just so high."
Beal said he landed with Suns even though they were a darkhorse candidate.
I’m like, ‘OK, what’s Miami doing? Dragging feet.’ And eventually it came to a point to where Miami said they just can’t do it," Beal said. "But it was an eye-opener for sure. And that’s why I said I went into everything kind of open-minded and with an open slate. And out of nowhere here comes a dark horse in Phoenix and their aggressiveness pushed me over the top.”

https://www.si.com/nba/heat/miami-news/phoenix-suns-bradley-beal-says-the-miami-heat-were-his-preferred-trade-destination

So other teams passed because of the contract and then here comes this crazy new owner who doesn't understand the NBA. That same guy was just quoted as saying that 26 other teams would happily trade places with the Suns.

:roll:

NBAGOAT
05-05-2024, 01:29 PM
For where the Suns were...it is really hard to call it an overpay imo.

You could call the trade stupid in that they shouldn't have traded for Beal...and that, imo, is perfectly reasonable...but to call it an overpay considering what little they gave up for a team with like a 3 year window max...I don't know, they just didn't pay much that matters to them.

Like I said above, whether or not they should have traded for Beal is a whole different story.

And just to clarify...our debate was never about the Suns trade. It was about whether or not Beal's contract would hurt the Wizards and with some...whether or not he could even be traded without attaching assets...and I think it is simply objective...that the other side was wrong about that.

But that other side might be right about Beal's on court value, especially for a team like the Suns...but that was never the debate.

Nobody, to my knowledge...ever argued Beal was a top 6 player...Blaze seemed the highest on him and I don't even think he was arguing anything beyond borderline all-star level player.

It was an overpay imo. Bunch of role guys went for a few 2nds at the deadline. Suns could’ve gotten 2 starter lvl role guys for the package they gave up for Beal imo. Those role guys might be a bit overpaid but not as much as Beal was so hence they overpaid for Beal. Teams had interest in Beal but we don’t know what they offered and one teams offer doesn’t determine the market. Gobert was considered a bit of an iffy asset on his contract and look wat he fetched no one else was going offer close to that.

I remember being on the other side too arguing with you. My answer was I prefer cap space for the wizards. Maybe it’s irrelevant to argument too but they wasted a year for mediocrity in a very strong draft class. I do know for sure there were deals to be had to absorb bad contracts into cap space and you would get a 1st too. Davis bertans richaun Holmes etc. Now even with suns overpay, wizards are stuck with 1 1st those 2nds and swaps and Poole. I think I saw you say in this thread you can move poole for a worse contract and assets I heavily disagree. It can change by next year(just like how Beal went from a negative contract to one of the worst in the league) but last offseason and now Poole is one of the worst contracts in league there’s no obvious worse contract to trade for.

And finally the supermax is meant for all-nba players at very least. Some don’t get the full supermax even like gobert. paying a borderline all star a supermax is just gonna be more of a negative asset than a role player making 25% more than he should. Terry rozier went for Lowry and a low value 1st, yea you could’ve gotten him+miles bridges for the cp3 package to give one alternative

Charlie Sheen
05-05-2024, 01:39 PM

https://www.si.com/nba/heat/miami-news/phoenix-suns-bradley-beal-says-the-miami-heat-were-his-preferred-trade-destination

So other teams passed because of the contract and then here comes this crazy new owner who doesn't understand the NBA. That same guy was just quoted as saying that 26 other teams would happily trade places with the Suns.

That dude is not going to give in.

You could explain it had to be a perfect storm of events until you are blue in the face and he is going to act like he was correct because Beal was traded so he was not literally untradeable. He only comes here to stubbornly argue until the other person gives up from fatigue and he can pat himself on the back for being "correct"

tontoz
05-05-2024, 01:42 PM

You could explain it had to be a perfect storm of events until you are blue in the face and he is going to act like he was correct because Beal was traded so he was not literally untradeable. He only comes here to stubbornly argue until the other person gives up from fatigue and he can pat himself on the back for being "correct"

Yeah Beal was "easily" tradable because some new owner came in and had no clue what he was doing. Cool story bro.

NBAGOAT
05-05-2024, 02:06 PM
Yeah Beal was "easily" tradable because some new owner came in and had no clue what he was doing. Cool story bro.

Yea tbf can still be tradable but doesn’t mean positive value. Miami didn’t even want to include a 1st with Lowry+drob(2 marginally negative contracts).

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 05:52 PM

Yes, his quote literally proves that other teams were interested.

You asked for me to list the other teams that were interested....and I listed them...then you quote Beal saying exactly what I said....and think it somehow works in your favor?

Again, you aren't interested in reality. He was traded within a few days / weeks of becoming available...multiple teams showed interest, and he got positive value for the Wizards.

Sorry...

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 05:53 PM

This is what losers and people that were wrong do. They say things like "I would have been right if only this team didn't do this...or I would have won if this thing didn't happen"...

It's almost like there is always an owner / team willing to take on an all-star level player around 30 years old in a win-now situation....

But, you are right....that never happens....it was a "perfect storm"

Jesus you people are ignorant as shit.

tontoz
05-05-2024, 05:55 PM
Yes, his quote literally proves that other teams were interested.

You asked for me to list the other teams that were interested....and I listed them...then you quote Beal saying exactly what I said....and think it somehow works in your favor?

Again, you aren't interested in reality. He was traded within a few days / weeks of becoming available...multiple teams showed interest, and he got positive value for the Wizards.

Sorry...

The reality is that all those teams declined because of his contract. Those we literally his words .

Multiple teams doing their due diligence looking into it, and declining due to his contract, shows the blatant stupidity of your position.

Sorry

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 05:58 PM
It was an overpay imo. Bunch of role guys went for a few 2nds at the deadline. Suns could’ve gotten 2 starter lvl role guys for the package they gave up for Beal imo. Those role guys might be a bit overpaid but not as much as Beal was so hence they overpaid for Beal. Teams had interest in Beal but we don’t know what they offered and one teams offer doesn’t determine the market. Gobert was considered a bit of an iffy asset on his contract and look wat he fetched no one else was going offer close to that.

I remember being on the other side too arguing with you. My answer was I prefer cap space for the wizards. Maybe it’s irrelevant to argument too but they wasted a year for mediocrity in a very strong draft class. I do know for sure there were deals to be had to absorb bad contracts into cap space and you would get a 1st too. Davis bertans richaun Holmes etc. Now even with suns overpay, wizards are stuck with 1 1st those 2nds and swaps and Poole. I think I saw you say in this thread you can move poole for a worse contract and assets I heavily disagree. It can change by next year(just like how Beal went from a negative contract to one of the worst in the league) but last offseason and now Poole is one of the worst contracts in league there’s no obvious worse contract to trade for.

And finally the supermax is meant for all-nba players at very least. Some don’t get the full supermax even like gobert. paying a borderline all star a supermax is just gonna be more of a negative asset than a role player making 25% more than he should. Terry rozier went for Lowry and a low value 1st, yea you could’ve gotten him+miles bridges for the cp3 package to give one alternative

Yea, I never said it was stupid to let him walk and tank. I just thought it was slightly better to sign him and move him. I would have wanted to take on Simmons from the Nets. I think the Wizards messed up not taking back a contract as bad as Simmons to get more

We disagree on the overpay because it was so marginal, but I understand your argument about the Suns being better off doing something else. I likely agree depending on the specifics.

The supermax is meant for players that qualify for it. The players negotiated it that way. I never even argued Beal was worth that, because he obviously isn't....but we all just need to make peace with this big contracts because they aren't stopping. The players fought for that and they aren't going to be cool with guys that qualify for something not getting at least 90% of their personal max in most situations.

Agree or disagree...doesn't matter...it is what it is.

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 06:00 PM

The reality is that all those teams declined because of his contract. Those we literally his words .

Multiple teams doing their due diligence looking into it, and declining due to his contract, shows the blatant stupidity of your position.

Sorry

They declined, but were interested.

Do you think a team being "interested" mandates that they make the trade? Do you not know what words mean?

He was traded for positive value....you can't admit it...so you need to pretend a NBA team / owner taking a risk in a win-now situation is some rare event because you can't admit to being wrong on an anonymous message board.

Think about that for a second you clown....:roll::roll::roll:

tontoz
05-05-2024, 06:03 PM
They declined, but were interested.

Do you think a team being "interested" mandates that they make the trade? Do you not know what words mean?

He was traded for positive value....you can't admit it...so you need to pretend a NBA team / owner taking a risk in a win-now situation is some rare event because you can't admit to being wrong on an anonymous message board.

Think about that for a second you clown....:roll::roll::roll:

Interested and actually making an offer aren't the same thing. A team is just doing it's due diligence if Beal is willing to go there

If they decline due to his contract then that just shows that his contract is tough to trade.

Sorry if you can't accept this, or are too dumb to comprehend it.

Traded for positive value or basically for free? Which is it?

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 06:14 PM
Interested and actually making an offer aren't the same thing. A team is just doing it's due diligence if Beal is willing to go there

If they decline due to his contract then that just shows that his contract is tough to trade.

Sorry if you can't accept this, or are too dumb to comprehend it.

Traded for positive value or basically for free? Which is it?

I said interested. So you agree they were interested.

Already explained my position about low cost for the Suns and positive value for the Wizards. These are just facts...I'm not even arguing they got some great package. I don't even care if you call in neutral, even though we both know it wasn't, it wasn't negative value and the Wizards got something for trading Beal. I don't know what there is here to even debate. Just facts.

What floors me, but I guess it shouldn't....is that you and your camp are acting like if the Suns didn't exist...Beal just couldn't have been traded. Things evolve...maybe everyone refuses and then get more desperate at the deadline.

Did you watch Tobias Harris last game? You think the Sixers wouldn't be interested in a swap of Beal for Harris and some future assets if he was still on the Wizards? You think the Nets just hang up the phone if the Wizards call about Simmons?

I mean, I just can't believe fans diehard enough to be on message boards are capable of such blind spots. It is pretty remarkable.

When you say "tough to trade"...I think I agree with you in the sense you are using it, but I think that is the wrong phrase. Tough to trade, imo, is when you have to attach assets to get rid of a player that has true negative value. Perhaps now Beal falls into that category after this year, but he didn't when we were discussing this.

Simmons has a contract tough to trade. Wiggins, when on Minny, had a contract tough to trade...the Wolves had to give up the 7th pick to get rid of him for DLO...when a player gets moved within days / weeks of coming available and for positive value...I just don't consider that tough to trade....because it is nowhere near as hard as truly tough to trade players that have been on much worse contracts.

tontoz
05-05-2024, 06:20 PM
If teams are interested in Beal as a player, but decline due to his contract, do you really think that helps your case?

Of course teams would be interested in him as a player. If he was making $20 million per year I have no doubt that a bunch of teams would make offers.

If nobody was interested in him as a player then his contract wouldn't matter.

Simmons and Wiggins weren't making the vet supermax with a no trade clause.

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 06:31 PM
If teams are interested in Beal as a player, but decline due to his contract, do you really think that helps your case?

Of course teams would be interested in him as a player. If he was making $20 million per year I have no doubt that a bunch of teams would make offers.

If nobody was interested in him as a player then his contract wouldn't matter.

Simmons and Wiggins weren't making the vet supermax with a no trade clause.

Of course it helps my case. I said multiple teams were interested...then you responded asking me to list the teams...and I did....now you are saying, "fine, they were interested"...but they didn't ultimately make a trade for him. I honestly don't understand your point...I never argued every team would love to trade for Beal on his contract. I truly don't understand your point.

Again, you can't act as if nobody else would have ultimately traded for Beal if he didn't go to the Suns. You simply can't do that...all we know is that as soon as he became available, multiple teams were interested and he was traded rather quickly for positive value. The rest is just conjecture....but we also know that in the NBA teams consistently make desperate moves. It's like you can't wrap your brain around this fact. If I thought all teams would be perfect EV solvers...I wouldn't have argued my side...I would have been more on yours...but it is like you are ignoring or just maybe not realizing that there is always at least one team...usually more...that feel the need to make a move in a win now situation and deals we call "weird" get done all the time.

The Gobert trade of recent infamy comes to mind. I actually liked it for the Wolves at the time, well, I didn't think it was dumb. Why did the Wolves do that? Because they felt they needed exactly what Gobert provides and felt like they could contend for titles with him...this isn't GTO poker dude....this is messy and teams do things like this all the time. That isn't the odd thing...the odd thing is you and your camp pretending that this shit doesn't happen on repeat.

Lastly, Simmons and Wiggins have and had much tougher to trade contracts than Beal did at the time he was traded. Doesn't matter what label you put on them. These are simple facts. Again, not sure what point you are making.

tontoz
05-05-2024, 06:33 PM
I agree that you don't understand. Teams being interested in Beal, but declining to make an offer due to his contract, just shows how bad the contract is.

That is basic common sense which you clearly lack

I don't need to "act" like another team wouldn't have traded for Beal. He said so himself.

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 06:36 PM
I agree that you don't understand. Being interested in Beal, but declining to make an offer due to his contract, just shows how bad the contract is.

That is basic common sense which you clearly lack

More shifting...but good thing we have that thing called reality that shows that Beal was traded for positive value.

You can call his contract whatever you want...end of the day...Wizards got a return for Beal.

Now, Beal after this season....I'd be more in line with you on what value Beal has....but that wasn't the debate.

Sorry.

tontoz
05-05-2024, 06:41 PM
More shifting...but good thing we have that thing called reality that shows that Beal was traded for positive value.

You can call his contract whatever you want...end of the day...Wizards got a return for Beal.

Now, Beal after this season....I'd be more in line with you on what value Beal has....but that wasn't the debate.

Sorry.

Technically getting a second round pick is positive value. So what?

Just because there was one team willing to take on that contract, a new owner who was clueless, doesn't make his contract easy to trade. That is just nonsense.

Teams with experience were interested in Beal as a player but declined to make an offer. If his contract was easy to trade we would have gotten multiple offers, hence his contract wasn't easy to trade.

Sorry

DMAVS41
05-05-2024, 07:45 PM
Technically getting a second round pick is positive value. So what?

Just because there was one team willing to take on that contract, a new owner who was clueless, doesn't make his contract easy to trade. That is just nonsense.

Teams with experience were interested in Beal as a player but declined to make an offer. If his contract was easy to trade we would have gotten multiple offers, hence his contract wasn't easy to trade.

Sorry

Well, we don't know if they got multiple offers. Windhorst reported that Miami actually did make an offer around Lowry and a future first....but again, this is more shifting. I never said it was a great contract or that it would be easy to trade in the sense you are talking about. Never did I imply that all teams would be lining up to trade for Bradley Beal.

My point was quite simple...signing Beal to that contract was not the disaster you and your camp made it out to be for the Wizards because if they decided to tank, they could get positive value for the contract...especially if they had been willing to take on truly terrible contracts like the Simmons contract.

I truly don't know or understand how you and others, after watching what played out, could come on here and act like exactly what Blaze and I said didn't basically happen.

It's both hilarious and a little depressing.

You can have the last word...:cheers:

tontoz
05-05-2024, 08:00 PM
Well, we don't know if they got multiple offers. Windhorst reported that Miami actually did make an offer around Lowry and a future first....but again, this is more shifting. I never said it was a great contract or that it would be easy to trade in the sense you are talking about. Never did I imply that all teams would be lining up to trade for Bradley Beal.

My point was quite simple...signing Beal to that contract was not the disaster you and your camp made it out to be for the Wizards because if they decided to tank, they could get positive value for the contract...especially if they had been willing to take on truly terrible contracts like the Simmons contract.

I truly don't know or understand how you and others, after watching what played out, could come on here and act like exactly what Blaze and I said didn't basically happen.

It's both hilarious and a little depressing.

You can have the last word...:cheers:

You actually did say he was traded easily, just like you said he was traded basically for free. Seems like you can't keep your story straight.

Beal said very clearly that other teams refused because the money was too high. He didn't say anything about the wizards asking price being too high.

What is hilarious is how you keep changing your story to for whatever point you are trying to make at that time.

In your narrative another year on the treadmill to nowhere and missing out on the top picks of a strong draft aren't costs of the Beal signing. In reality they are. I have no doubt wizards fans would give up the pick swaps and Bilal for Brandon Miller or one of the Thompson twins, not to mention Wemby.

Multiple teams being interested in Beal but declining because of his contract, according to Beal himself, is clear evidence of just how bad the contract is.

NBAGOAT
05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Yea, I never said it was stupid to let him walk and tank. I just thought it was slightly better to sign him and move him. I would have wanted to take on Simmons from the Nets. I think the Wizards messed up not taking back a contract as bad as Simmons to get more

We disagree on the overpay because it was so marginal, but I understand your argument about the Suns being better off doing something else. I likely agree depending on the specifics.

The supermax is meant for players that qualify for it. The players negotiated it that way. I never even argued Beal was worth that, because he obviously isn't....but we all just need to make peace with this big contracts because they aren't stopping. The players fought for that and they aren't going to be cool with guys that qualify for something not getting at least 90% of their personal max in most situations.

Agree or disagree...doesn't matter...it is what it is.

I didn’t say you said it was stupid. I disagree with you about it being slightly better to sign him and move him. I think it was clearly a bad decision and laid out why alternative was better with actual options they could’ve done like Holmes and bertans. how do you know Simmons was ever an option for nets. They’re going big game hunting according to every report beal isn’t good enough for that.

I’m fine with big contracts but the overpay was not marginal. I don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion that a lot of guys are overpaid on a supermax. A borderline all-nba guy like a towns or gobert don’t deserve a supermax(why gobert got a discount). Possibly even a star like Booker/Mitchell isn’t worth one because only a top 10 superstar should get one. Beal was 1 tier below a borderline all-nba guy and 2 tiers below Booker/Mitchell. He had one great year with wb in his career and that’s it and got him the supermax. The year he got the supermax he wasn’t even an all star. He’s by far the worst player to ever get the supermax and no the players union wouldn’t have complained if he got even 2/3 of what he actually got(4yrs 140 around the 25% rookie max wat upcoming guys like herro/Poole and good vets like jrue were getting). People were calling him worst contract in league pre suns trade.

GimmeThat
05-06-2024, 02:45 AM
I’m fine with big contracts but the overpay was not marginal. I don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion that a lot of guys are overpaid on a supermax.

the idea that wealth can be accumulated over night is baffling.

NBAGOAT
05-06-2024, 02:54 AM
And if a player doesn’t have the market he’s not going get 90% of his max. Sabonis technically couldn’t get the supermax even if he made all-nba this year because the kings traded for him but on his current deal he doesn’t even make 30% of the salary cap which is the normal max even though he made all-nba last year and didn’t drop off this ywae. Siakam would’ve been eligible if he made all-nba last year but the raptors already made it well known they were not giving it him no matter what. Now I doubt he’s getting 90% of the 30% max(5yrs 250) it be a clear overpay by the pacers and siakam doesn’t have the market(think most would agree). The wizards ignored that market and consensus opinion with beals deal.

GimmeThat
05-06-2024, 03:23 AM
The wizards ignored that market and consensus opinion with beals deal.

it's really the Michael Jordan ownership deal. now the argument revolves around how arenas with unsold tickets should affect a players pay.

it should be a family outing, but the general population is still too concerned with education, instead of skills.

the occurence of the current education happened prior to the unify theory, so it severly hinders pattern recognition skills.

DMAVS41
05-06-2024, 07:51 PM
I didn’t say you said it was stupid. I disagree with you about it being slightly better to sign him and move him. I think it was clearly a bad decision and laid out why alternative was better with actual options they could’ve done like Holmes and bertans. how do you know Simmons was ever an option for nets. They’re going big game hunting according to every report beal isn’t good enough for that.

I’m fine with big contracts but the overpay was not marginal. I don’t think it’s an unpopular opinion that a lot of guys are overpaid on a supermax. A borderline all-nba guy like a towns or gobert don’t deserve a supermax(why gobert got a discount). Possibly even a star like Booker/Mitchell isn’t worth one because only a top 10 superstar should get one. Beal was 1 tier below a borderline all-nba guy and 2 tiers below Booker/Mitchell. He had one great year with wb in his career and that’s it and got him the supermax. The year he got the supermax he wasn’t even an all star. He’s by far the worst player to ever get the supermax and no the players union wouldn’t have complained if he got even 2/3 of what he actually got(4yrs 140 around the 25% rookie max wat upcoming guys like herro/Poole and good vets like jrue were getting). People were calling him worst contract in league pre suns trade.

I could ask you the same question...how do you know they could have gotten more than Beal or that those guys would ultimately be better? I don't think it is an overpay, but also think it is reasonable to say the Suns could have or should have gone a different direction. But just getting Beal on a team that is only concerned for the next 3 years....for what the Suns got Beal for...I don't think it is fair to call it an overpay.

Almost nobody is worth their contract when they get to Beal's age outside of the truly best guys in the league...which of course Beal isn't among. Never did I argue he was worth his contract worth it in the sense you are talking about. All I ever argued was that the deal wasn't as bad as everyone said it was for the Wizards and that it would be able to be moved...which it was.

That's it.

DMAVS41
05-06-2024, 07:57 PM
You actually did say he was traded easily, just like you said he was traded basically for free. Seems like you can't keep your story straight.

Beal said very clearly that other teams refused because the money was too high. He didn't say anything about the wizards asking price being too high.

What is hilarious is how you keep changing your story to for whatever point you are trying to make at that time.

In your narrative another year on the treadmill to nowhere and missing out on the top picks of a strong draft aren't costs of the Beal signing. In reality they are. I have no doubt wizards fans would give up the pick swaps and Bilal for Brandon Miller or one of the Thompson twins, not to mention Wemby.

Multiple teams being interested in Beal but declining because of his contract, according to Beal himself, is clear evidence of just how bad the contract is.

I've already, repeatedly, addressed everything you just said.

Beal is gone and the Wizards are tanking...you should be happy.

BarberSchool
05-06-2024, 09:02 PM
Mat Ishbia deserves to suffer like this.

NBAGOAT
05-06-2024, 09:54 PM
I could ask you the same question...how do you know they could have gotten more than Beal or that those guys would ultimately be better? I don't think it is an overpay, but also think it is reasonable to say the Suns could have or should have gone a different direction. But just getting Beal on a team that is only concerned for the next 3 years....for what the Suns got Beal for...I don't think it is fair to call it an overpay.

Almost nobody is worth their contract when they get to Beal's age outside of the truly best guys in the league...which of course Beal isn't among. Never did I argue he was worth his contract worth it in the sense you are talking about. All I ever argued was that the deal wasn't as bad as everyone said it was for the Wizards and that it would be able to be moved...which it was.

That's it.

Ik they could’ve gotten a 1st for absorbing a bad deal into cap space because those deals were made during offseason and always have been made in nba history. The wizards themselves got a 1st for gafford because they absorbed richauns contract. Dallas had gotten richaun because they gave up a 1st for okc to absorb bertans. We see what they have now they’re stuck with people for years and have a bad protected 1st . You can’t get off poole for a decent player with jist that protected first.

Ik what you were arguing that it’s just an overpay and not as bad as other people said. I laid out why it as bad as those people said and called it worst supermax ever given at the time.

To the suns stuff we don’t know how easy it was to move and the wizards did not get much and the suns gave up too much imo because of their dumb owner. All I’ll say for last point is 2 role players were available for that package and havinb 2 role players is better than having Beal for the suns and most rosters because beals that overpaid imo. Like tontoz said beal said a lotta teams backed out.

This part we can argue about in this thread since we haven’t gone over it much the wizards past has been hashed out. I’ll just say suns desperately needed depth this year and I think it’s a given two nba quality role players are better than Beal missing half the year. Beal also had role player production with Durant/Booker on the court while not playing good D.

Any star on a supermax even if they’re overpaid get a 1st. hell westbrook got 2 1sts or a 1st and good role players in 2 trades involving him when people knew he was past his prime. Beals package is nothing compared to kcp/kuz 1 1st.

bdonovan
05-07-2024, 04:23 AM
Beal reminds me of Jim Jackson on Dallas (https://www.nba.com/stats/player/754/career). A player that became more obsessed with his physique and spending time in the gym versus working on his game. So he ended up being the buffest player on the court who gradually let other players overtake him in skill.

It's not just wrong priorities; it warps the player's mentality. They think they need to use their toughness in all occasions rather than their speed or skill. Playoff time against the Wolves, you need something special to score; its not like the regular season where you're all open because teams are on Durant and Booker.

warriorfan
05-07-2024, 04:36 AM
Ik they could’ve gotten a 1st for absorbing a bad deal into cap space because those deals were made during offseason and always have been made in nba history. The wizards themselves got a 1st for gafford because they absorbed richauns contract. Dallas had gotten richaun because they gave up a 1st for okc to absorb bertans. We see what they have now they’re stuck with people for years and have a bad protected 1st . You can’t get off poole for a decent player with jist that protected first.

Ik what you were arguing that it’s just an overpay and not as bad as other people said. I laid out why it as bad as those people said and called it worst supermax ever given at the time.

To the suns stuff we don’t know how easy it was to move and the wizards did not get much and the suns gave up too much imo because of their dumb owner. All I’ll say for last point is 2 role players were available for that package and havinb 2 role players is better than having Beal for the suns and most rosters because beals that overpaid imo. Like tontoz said beal said a lotta teams backed out.

This part we can argue about in this thread since we haven’t gone over it much the wizards past has been hashed out. I’ll just say suns desperately needed depth this year and I think it’s a given two nba quality role players are better than Beal missing half the year. Beal also had role player production with Durant/Booker on the court while not playing good D.

Any star on a supermax even if they’re overpaid get a 1st. hell westbrook got 2 1sts or a 1st and good role players in 2 trades involving him when people knew he was past his prime. Beals package is nothing compared to kcp/kuz 1 1st.

I agree with that Beal wasn’t easily moved, Suns owner blew it. Now Suns are left holding the bag.

https://i.postimg.cc/g0JSSJh9/IMG-3493.jpg

NBAGOAT
05-07-2024, 05:07 AM
I agree with that Beal wasn’t easily moved, Suns owner blew it. Now Suns are left holding the bag.

https://i.postimg.cc/g0JSSJh9/IMG-3493.jpg

It was just Reddit posters but people were calling Beal worst contract in league last year pre suns trade(I didn’t agree but it was bad). He’s a worse contract now. I get where suns were coming from since Beal was only “star” they could get for the assets they had I just think they should’ve gone for depth. Durant/Booker was a top 3 duo on paper and shouldve been enough to be a contender with defense around them but maybe I was wrong about that.

I don’t think it’s contradiction either to say suns didn’t give up much positive value and still overpaid by a lot. The picks and swaps were positive but Paul was a negative contract and shamet lowkey a really bad contract. Wizards now stuck with someone even more unmovable in poole and only got a bad protected 1st.

John8204
05-07-2024, 08:34 AM
Didn't we just go through this last year with Gobert. If Durant and Booker can't play with Beal then you are going to just have to move those two guys and do a rebuild with Beal. You won't get equal value for anyone on your team but you could just run it back and see if things get better next season.

NBAGOAT
05-07-2024, 06:17 PM
Didn't we just go through this last year with Gobert. If Durant and Booker can't play with Beal then you are going to just have to move those two guys and do a rebuild with Beal. You won't get equal value for anyone on your team but you could just run it back and see if things get better next season.

There’s kinda no choice but run it back. You wont get fair value for Booker or Durant either since they’re both stars. I don’t see many options to swap a star, don’t think that type of deal is out there. But say something like Mitchell for Booker straight up might help both teams. Booker is better offball so better playing off garland. Mitchell is better at playing pg and takes
more 3s than Booker, improves phx shot chart.

Realgm suggested they use 1 1st to trade nurkic for timelord and I think that’s a good idea. Very desperate with his injury issues but phx needs to do anything to raise their ceiling. Timelord could be incredible if healthy