PDA

View Full Version : Devin Booker wants to join the Knicks

Lebron23
04-29-2024, 04:00 PM
Devin Booker reportedly wants to join the Knicks, per Stephen A Smith

"[Devin Booker] might deny it, I haven't spoken to him. I'm just telling you the scuttlebutt in the NBA circles is that brother wanna be in New York."

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2024, 04:05 PM
That is some concrete evidence Louie.

j3lademaster
04-29-2024, 04:13 PM
Everyone wants to join the knicks according to SaS.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 04:21 PM
He’d be the perfect overpaid mid tier half ass star that the Knicks franchise has historically seemed to love.

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2024, 05:26 PM
He’d be the perfect overpaid mid tier half ass star that the Knicks franchise has historically seemed to love.

https://i.gyazo.com/e214f174a0a81a2d14c2ad5dad115792.png

Yes, you might be retarded.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 05:29 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/e214f174a0a81a2d14c2ad5dad115792.png

Yes, you might be retarded.

Are you implying Devin Booker could be the best player on championship team?

FultzNationRISE
04-29-2024, 05:34 PM
Must be a slow day for headlines, Stephen A deep in his bag of made up stories.

j3lademaster
04-29-2024, 05:38 PM
Must be a slow day for headlines, Stephen A deep in his bag of made up stories.My man once averaged 1.5 ppg while playing only one game. Never been done in the history of basketball, so you put some respect on his name.

tontoz
04-29-2024, 05:50 PM

To be fair he almost did just that before Giannis went for 50 in the finals.

Not sure if this story is credible though.

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2024, 06:14 PM

Im implying hes not a "overpaid mid tier half ass star"

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 07:25 PM
Im implying hes not a "overpaid mid tier half ass star"

That may have been harsh, but he’s currently not a top 10 player who is likely to be the leader of a championship team.

So he definitely fits in with the big names the knicks have acquired in modern times. Dudes like Amare and Carmelo who are great players but not the cream of the crop you need to win chips. Booker is their level, which in New York will only disappoint.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 07:27 PM
To be fair he almost did just that before Giannis went for 50 in the finals.

Not sure if this story is credible though.

That’s my point. He ain’t Giannis level. So it would be in typical Knicks fashion to bring in someone who’s “almost that guy”. Lol.

tontoz
04-29-2024, 07:34 PM
That’s my point. He ain’t Giannis level. So it would be in typical Knicks fashion to bring in someone who’s “almost that guy”. Lol.

Maybe past Knicks MGT. This group obviously does things differently. They aggressively pursued Brunson who wasn't considered a star at the time.

All their recent signings and trades seem pretty targeted to guys who fit what their trying to do. They aren't just going after any random star they can get.

Jasper
04-29-2024, 07:42 PM
Devin Booker reportedly wants to join the BUCKS, per Stephen A Smith

"[Devin Booker] might deny it, I haven't spoken to him. I'm just telling you the scuttlebutt in the NBA circles is that brother wanna be in New York."
fixed

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 07:48 PM
Maybe past Knicks MGT. This group obviously does things differently. They aggressively pursued Brunson who wasn't considered a star at the time.

All their recent signings and trades seem pretty targeted to guys who fit what their trying to do. They aren't just going after any random star they can get.

All I’m saying is bringing in Booker on a supermax would be chasing for a star franchise guy who could put you over the top. And I don’t think Booker is that guy.

tontoz
04-29-2024, 07:55 PM
All I’m saying is bringing in Booker on a supermax would be chasing for a star franchise guy who could put you over the top. And I don’t think Booker is that guy.

On this Knicks team he might be. They are already very good now and just need more shot creation.

Of course the only way to get him is by trade so it is a question of what they have to give up.

Personally I would decline given his new contract.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 07:59 PM
On this Knicks team he might be. They are already very good now and just need more shot creation.

Of course the only way to get him is by trade so it is a question of what they have to give up.

Personally I would decline given his new contract.

Hey maybe he could be a good fit and they could make it work. Anything is possible.

All I know is without Chris Paul Booker has made the playoffs once and been swept. And thats a series with an all time great all star teammate and veteran champion coach. Dudes record would be worse than Bradley Beal’s if it wasn’t for Chris Paul. He’s been a career loser.

tontoz
04-29-2024, 08:01 PM
Hey maybe he could be a good fit and they could make it work. Anything is possible.

All I know is without Chris Paul Booker has made the playoffs once and been swept. And thats a series with an all time great all star teammate and veteran champion coach. Dudes record would be worse than Bradley Beal’s if it wasn’t for Chris Paul. He’s been a career loser.

He lit up the nuggets in the playoffs last year after cp3 went out, and let's be real he wasn't playing with prime CP3. I would take Brunson over Suns CP3 easily.

Norcaliblunt
04-29-2024, 08:11 PM
He lit up the nuggets in the playoffs last year after cp3 went out, and let's be real he wasn't playing with prime CP3. I would take Brunson over Suns CP3 easily.

Lit them up in a losing effort.

Would you put money on a team to win a chip with Booker and Brunson as their highest paid players? You can surround them with the most perfect role players. Do you think in a league with so many young stars Booker and Brunson are the guys who’ll end up with chips and be the legendary figures of this generation?

tontoz
04-29-2024, 08:16 PM
Lit them up in a losing effort.

Would you put money on a team with Booker and Brunson as the highest paid players to win a chip? You can surround them with the most perfect role players. Do you think in a league with so many young stars Booker and Brunson are the guys who’ll end up with chips and be the legendary figures of this generation?

They already have the most perfect role players with the Knicks, a lot of them. What they need is someone to take away some of the offensive burden from Brunson.

Last year Booker led the league in playoff scoring and had a TS of 68%. Suns were the only team to take two games from Denver and that was totally because of Booker.He just averaged 27 with a TS of 66%, both team highs, against the best defense in the league.

They just have a poorly constructed roster. Can't blame him for that .

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 10:47 AM
They already have the most perfect role players with the Knicks, a lot of them. What they need is someone to take away some of the offensive burden from Brunson.

Last year Booker led the league in playoff scoring and had a TS of 68%. Suns were the only team to take two games from Denver and that was totally because of Booker.He just averaged 27 with a TS of 66%, both team highs, against the best defense in the league.

They just have a poorly constructed roster. Can't blame him for that .

Cant blame him for the roster? He’s the one who wanted to bring in KD. Lmao.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 10:56 AM
Cant blame him for the roster? He’s the one who wanted to bring in KD. Lmao.

Booker isn't the GM. Booker isn't Lebron either. He doesn't have power over management. KD isn't the problem anyway.

Bringing in Beal, making $50 million per year with a no trade clause, is a major problem and has crippled their flexibility.

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:10 AM
Booker isn't the GM. Booker isn't Lebron either. He doesn't have power over management. KD isn't the problem anyway.

Bringing in Beal, making $50 million per year with a no trade clause, is a major problem and has crippled their flexibility.

If Booker wanted Johnson and Bridges to stay. Johnson and Bridges stay. Bottom line.

Beal isn’t the problem. He was just a swap for Paul.

It was selling out for KD. The young players and all the picks.

Suns would have a roster of

Beal
Booker
Bridges
Johnson
Ayton

With all their picks and not as far in into the cap.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 11:22 AM
If Booker wanted Johnson and Bridges to stay. Johnson and Bridges stay. Bottom line.

Beal isn’t the problem. He was just a swap for Paul.

It was selling out for KD. The young players and all the picks.

Suns would have a roster of

Beal
Booker
Bridges
Johnson
Ayton

With all their picks and not as far in into the cap.

Suns were 30-27 before the KD trade. Ayton was a headcase and still is. What have Cam and Bridges done with the Nets? Not much.

Beal hasn't made the All-Star team since '21 and has only made it 3 times in his career. He just isnt that good and he is injury prone. He has a crippling contract with a no trade clause. Do you really think Beal would choose to go to the Suns if KD wasn't already there? Even if he did that team wouldn't do anyting anyway.

:roll:

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:26 AM
Suns were 30-27 before the KD trade. Ayton was a headcase and still is. What have Cam and Bridges done with the Nets? Not much.

Beal hasn't made the All-Star team since '21 and has only made it 3 times in his career. He just isnt that good and he is injury prone. He has a crippling contract with a no trade clause. Do you really think Beal would choose to go to the Suns if KD wasn't already there?

:roll:

So basically you’re proving my point that Booker ain’t that guy. The Suns would be screwed no matter what they did. A Supermax superstar player should be able to transcend any situation.

Why bring in KD if Booker is that dude?

tontoz
04-30-2024, 11:30 AM
So basically you’re proving my point that Booker ain’t that guy. The Suns would be screwed no matter what they did. A Supermax superstar player should be able to transcend any situation.

Why bring in KD if Booker is that dude?

Because history has shown you typically need more than one star to win a title. Duh.

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:34 AM
Because history has shown you typically need more than one star to win a title. Duh.

So you would put money on a Brunson and Booker duo to win a chip?

tontoz
04-30-2024, 11:42 AM
So you would put money on a Brunson and Booker duo to win a chip?

I don't bet on games in general, but if Booker was on the Knicks right now instead of Randle I would definitely see them as a legit contender. Booker has come up big in the playoffs consistently.

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:46 AM
I don't bet on games in general, but if Booker was on the Knicks right now instead of Randle I would definitely see them as a legit contender. Booker has come up big in the playoffs consistently.

Where did he come up this year with Durant and a champion coach?

And anybody can be a contender.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 11:51 AM
Where did he come up this year with Durant and a champion coach?

And anybody can be a contender.

Booker averaged 27 ppg with a TS of 66% against the best defense in the league.

Not any team can win a title. :facepalm that's what being a contender means.

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 11:56 AM
Booker averaged 27 ppg with a TS of 66% against the best defense in the league.

Not any team can win a title. :facepalm that's what being a contender means.

Yeah you didn’t watch the games.

r15mohd
04-30-2024, 11:57 AM
not worth the cost of losing guys like Hart, OG, and others ... a healthy Randle would hvae been great this year, or someone better to replace him is a better move for the future

tontoz
04-30-2024, 11:59 AM
Yeah you didn’t watch the games.

Just because they got swept doesn't mean Booker didn't play well, and I watched the first 3 games just not the last one yet.

Booker led his team in scoring and TS. What else could he do that would have changed the series?

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 12:14 PM
Just because they got swept doesn't mean Booker didn't play well, and I watched the first 3 games just not the last one yet.

Booker led his team in scoring and TS. What else could he do that would have changed the series?

Yeah you didn’t watch. But yeah keep watching box scores.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 12:22 PM
Yeah you didn’t watch. But yeah keep watching box scores.

Yeah you can't come up with a coherent argument so you have to resort to ad hominem.

In other news Beal, they guy they should have traded for instead of KD, averaged 16.5 ppg and a 54% TS :bowdown:

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 12:32 PM
Yeah you can't come up with a coherent argument so you have to resort to ad hominem.

In other news Beal, they guy they should have traded for instead of KD, averaged 16.5 ppg and a 54% TS :bowdown:

Anthony Edwards completely outplayed him. Booker showed no leadership and was swept as a supermax franchise guy with two other all star level players, one being an all time great top 50 player. On top of that they had a veteran championship level coach.

And I’m sorry you can’t see that trading all your picks and 2 young talents for aging KD is probably more crippling than just swapping Paul and bad contract Shamet for Beal straight up.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 12:42 PM
Anthony Edwards completely outplayed him. Booker showed no leadership and was swept as a supermax franchise guy with two other all star level players, one being an all time great top 50 player. On top of that they had a veteran championship level coach.

And I’m sorry you can’t see that trading all your picks and 2 young talents for aging KD is probably more crippling than just swapping Paul and bad contract Shamet for Beal straight up.

No leadership? Booker dropped 49 in an elimiation game while Beal wet the bed going 4-13 with 6 turnovers. The fact that you call Beal an All-star level player shows how clueless you are. They win that game if Beal doesn't play like he bet against them.

Norcaliblunt
04-30-2024, 12:54 PM
No leadership? Booker dropped 49 in an elimiation game while Beal wet the bed going 4-13 with 6 turnovers. The fact that you call Beal an All-star level player shows how clueless you are. They win that game if Beal doesn't play like he bet against them.

Stat padding when down 0-3 is leadership now? Lmao.

Ok beal completely sucks. Doesn’t negate anything I said about booker not being that guy.

tontoz
04-30-2024, 01:03 PM

Ok beal completely sucks. Doesn’t negate anything I said about booker not being that guy.

Statpadding? Just when i thought you couldn't be any dumber you managed to surpass yourself.

It was an elimination game and they were up 2 after 3 quarters :facepalm

Booker and KD put up a fight and would have won if Beal hadn't been a garbage can.

Charlie Sheen
04-30-2024, 01:05 PM

The Suns gave away control over their drat picks for Beal.

Wizards get:

Chris Paul
Landry Shamet
Bilal Coulibaly (No. 7 pick, via Pacers)
2024 first-round pick swap
2024 second-round pick
2025 second-round pick
2026 first-round pick swap
2026 second-round pick
2027 second-round pick
2028 first-round pick swap
2028 second-round pick
2030 first-round pick swap
2030 second-round pick

And I read yesterday Beal's no trade is still active.

j3lademaster
04-30-2024, 01:11 PM

Ok beal completely sucks. Doesn’t negate anything I said about booker not being that guy.It's a funny thing about perception: no one's that guy until they win it all, and then they've undeniably been that guy all along.

Booker's a baller. He isn't on the same level of a tier 1 guy like Jokic so he'll need more help in other aspects, but he did almost win it all in 2021 as his team's best player and had arguably one of the best series' in all of the playoffs last year.

FultzNationRISE
04-30-2024, 01:17 PM
It's a funny thing about perception: no one's that guy until they win it all, and then they've undeniably been that guy all along.

Booker's a baller. He isn't on the same level of a tier 1 guy like Jokic so he'll need more help in other aspects, but he did almost win it all in 2021 as his team's best player and had arguably one of the best series' in all of the playoffs last year.

100%.

If you cloned a guy and put a copy of him on all 30 teams, the majority of fans would think the copy thats on the contending versions is “elite” and the copy on the bad teams “doesnt have what it takes.”

Charlie Sheen
04-30-2024, 02:14 PM
It's a funny thing about perception: no one's that guy until they win it all, and then they've undeniably been that guy all along.

The guy you replied to has a point though. Featuring Booker has only really worked alongside Chris Paul. Are the Suns really better off with Kevin Durant shooting more corner 3's? Some of the gains the Suns are getting from Booker are offset by reducing Durant. Part of that is coaching but part of that is Booker. He is a lot closer to Klay than he ever will be to Steph. He is a baller but he is a far cry from the player his fans think he is.