PDA

View Full Version : All White Roster -- Who are you beating them with? (post 1980 only)

elementally morale
04-29-2024, 04:26 PM
I'm not saying this roster is unbeatable but I'm curious about the various lineups you can come up with to counter. Of course we consider all players at their peaks. Post 1980 players only for this exercise. Here are some players for my roster:

Nikola Jokic
Arvydas Sabonis
Bill Walton
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin McHale
Pau Gasol.
Larry Bird
Luka Doncic
Steve Nash
John Stocton
Manu Ginobili
Chris Mullin

I didn't include players with mixed ethnicity (Kidd, Klay) and I can't argue players well before my time (Mikan, Havlicek, etc.). So here we have this roster and I can come up with a few starting 5 ideas depending on your team. I will select an 8 player rotation out of this talent pool. The series is played in 2024 but every player is at their peak. Here is one rotation to start with:

Stockton
Manu
Bird
Jokic
Sabonis

What's your team?

SouBeachTalents
04-29-2024, 04:34 PM
Curry
Klay
Kawhi
KG
Hakeem

CP3
Pippen
Duncan

I understand I'm leaving off GOAT talents like Jordan, LeBron, Kareem, Shaq etc., but I'm basing my team off cohesion and fit, both playing wise and personality wise.

elementally morale
04-29-2024, 04:39 PM
I understand I'm leaving off GOAT talents like Jordan, LeBron, Shaq, Kareem etc., but I'm basing my team off cohesion and fit, both playing wise and personality wise.

I included players who don't dominate the ball with the exception of Luka for a scoring spurt if needed. Big men can both pass and shoot and worst individual defenders are not bad on team defense and all players have heart ant motor.

Why do you think your team beats mine?

John8204
04-29-2024, 06:28 PM
Good question....

PG - Archibald
SG - Curry
SF - Lebron
PF - Giannis
C - Hakeem

Dennis Rodman
Charles Barkley
Reggie Miller
Yao Ming
Zion Williamson
Moses Malone
Chris Paul

elementally morale
04-29-2024, 06:43 PM
My Bird-Jokic-Sabonis trio is impossible to contain on offense. I like how you counter with KG/Hakeem and Giannis/Hakeem but I'm not sure that will do it.

Jasper
04-29-2024, 07:43 PM
I'm not saying this roster is unbeatable but I'm curious about the various lineups you can come up with to counter. Of course we consider all players at their peaks. Post 1980 players only for this exercise. Here are some players for my roster:

Nikola Jokic
Arvydas Sabonis
Bill Walton
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin McHale
Pau Gasol.
Larry Bird
Luka Doncic
Steve Nash
John Stocton
Manu Ginobili
Chris Mullin

I didn't include players with mixed ethnicity (Kidd, Klay) and I can't argue players well before my time (Mikan, Havlicek, etc.). So here we have this roster and I can come up with a few starting 5 ideas depending on your team. I will select an 8 player rotation out of this talent pool. The series is played in 2024 but every player is at their peak. Here is one rotation to start with:

Stockton
Manu
Bird
Jokic
Sabonis

What's your team?

named all the white players , but missed nig lamibeer

elementally morale
04-29-2024, 07:57 PM
named all the white players , but missed nig lamibeer

Couldn't make my frontcourt, sorry. I wanted players not a butcher.

BarberSchool
04-29-2024, 11:55 PM
NIG LAIMBEER
Ayo Jasper,

You gotta reel that autocorrect in, playboy !:roll:

Kblaze8855
04-30-2024, 12:57 AM
AK47 and Kirk Hinrich might do more good than more scorers.

tpols
04-30-2024, 01:10 AM
Ayo Jasper,

You gotta reel that autocorrect in, playboy !:roll:

That was actually a gangster Freudian slip. :lol

elementally morale
04-30-2024, 01:17 AM
AK47 and Kirk Hinrich might do more good than more scorers.

I agree with AK47. Who are we replaying on this roster though?

FultzNationRISE
04-30-2024, 02:51 AM
Derrick White
Coby White
Royce White
James White
CJ McCollum

elementally morale
04-30-2024, 02:56 AM
Derrick White
Coby White
Royce White
James White
CJ McCollum

You forgot Walter White aka Heisenberg.

red1
04-30-2024, 03:02 AM
curry
mj
kawhi
lebron
shaq

kobe
kareem
duncan
durant

wasnt that hard. :oldlol:

we might not stop your offense but you're not stopping this offense either.

kawhi mj and lebron help defense would be swarming, making up for the lack of size and going for an offensive big in shaq instead of a defensive center.

elementally morale
04-30-2024, 03:25 AM
wasnt that hard. :oldlol:

we might not stop your offense but you're not stopping this offense either.

I never said the lineup was unbeatable. I was just curious who says what. BTW, Shaq would not have an easy time against Sabonis in his prime.

You basically have an all-NBA lineup. MJ, LeBron, Shaq, Kareem... top 10 players of all time, especially at their peak. How well they work together as a team we will never know. My all-white lineup would have fewer ego problems. Bird is the leader of the team and nobody would question that.

BarberSchool
04-30-2024, 03:58 AM
Derrick White
Coby White
Royce White
James White
CJ McCollum

Jo Jo White !

And Jarrett Allen

hateraid
04-30-2024, 04:12 AM
List is missing Karl Malone