PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances the league suspends Jamal Murray for game 3?

warriorfan
05-07-2024, 03:06 PM
I have no idea to be honest. Maybe 50/50.

https://www.si.com/nba/2024/05/07/jamal-murray-suspended-game-2-espn

Some guys on ESPN were talking about it and it seemed a tad dramatic but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a suspension.

The thing that might hold the league back is if murray is gone for game 3….Wolves have a decent chance at sweeping the Nuggets. Which would be wild.

SouBeachTalents
05-07-2024, 03:16 PM
You can't just throw shit on the court in the middle of a play, someone could have easily tripped over that and injured themselves. It was thrown right under the basket near several players. I think you have to set a precedent that that's not acceptable and suspend him for Game 3, even if the Nuggets are down 2-0 and getting destroyed so far.

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2024, 03:19 PM
I would, throwing something people could easily slip on into the live action is really stupid and dangerous.

If a fan threw that theyd be gone for the year, if not for life.

Itd actually be a crazy precedent NOT to suspend a player for throwing a heat pack onto the floor in the middle of the game. Guys could just start doing that all the time I guess.

L.Kizzle
05-07-2024, 03:22 PM
Mike Malone getting close enough the kiss the ref and nothing happened to him as well.

tontoz
05-07-2024, 03:23 PM
If it was up to me i would suspend him but i saw a story that if the refs had seen him throw it they are supposed to give him a tech, not eject him.

j3lademaster
05-07-2024, 03:30 PM
Didn’t Curry get tossed for throwing a mouthpiece? Or was that because that was tech #2?

ShawkFactory
05-07-2024, 03:34 PM
Didn’t Curry get tossed for throwing a mouthpiece? Or was that because that was tech #2?

Second tech

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2024, 03:36 PM
Mike Malone getting close enough the kiss the ref and nothing happened to him as well.

My impression of the refs in general is many of them dont mind that, if ya know what I mean ;)

WhiteKyrie
05-07-2024, 03:39 PM
You can't just throw shit on the court in the middle of a play, someone could have easily tripped over that and injured themselves. It was thrown right under the basket near several players. I think you have to set a precedent that that's not acceptable and suspend him for Game 3, even if the Nuggets are down 2-0 and getting destroyed so far.
Right? It didn’t stop them from doing the same for suspending Draymond to help Cleveland potentially even up the series in the 2016 Finals. Especially when the whole scenario was created by subtle taunting of another player entirely. I agree.

beasted
05-07-2024, 03:42 PM
If it was up to me i would suspend him but i saw a story that if the refs had seen him throw it they are supposed to give him a tech, not eject him.

Dewayne Dedmond was ejected last year for throwing a massage gun on the court during a timeout during a disagreement with the Heat staff.

The precedent has been set that throwing items on the court result in an ejection. Since they missed it, I'm in agreement on suspension, especially given that he threw 2 items.

No brainer.

j3lademaster
05-07-2024, 03:46 PM
Right? It didn’t stop them from doing the same for suspending Draymond to help Cleveland potentially even up the series in the 2016 Finals. Especially when the whole scenario was created by subtle taunting of another player entirely. I agree.Draymond swung at Lebron. You take a swing, you should be suspended.

Axe
05-07-2024, 04:06 PM
Right? It didn’t stop them from doing the same for suspending Draymond to help Cleveland potentially even up the series in the 2016 Finals. Especially when the whole scenario was created by subtle taunting of another player entirely. I agree.
Lol this fool is still butthurt from what happened 8 years ago. Learn to move on already, bozo.

warriorfan
05-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Draymond swung at Lebron. You take a swing, you should be suspended.

awful take, lebron was disrespectfully stepping over him which was the instigation

if you are put in the same situation as dray and don’t do anything, you are an absolute cuck loser

tpols
05-07-2024, 05:16 PM

He deserves to be suspended for that. Anybody else would be.

Will be hilarious watching the wolves open with blow out odds.

tpols
05-07-2024, 05:20 PM

Thats... total bullshit.

Lebron literally stepped on dray on purpose out of frustration with the goal to incite and dray tried to one arm shove him off and missed. It wasn't called a flagrant or ejection live game.

This is not only more dangerous, it didn't even have true direct provocation from any player.

hold this L
05-07-2024, 05:22 PM

It's amazing the level of bullshit people can make up.

FultzNationRISE
05-07-2024, 05:27 PM

Exactly.

Lebron was assaulted in dangerous fashion, out of the blue, and Dray deserved to pay the price.

The circumstances in the Murray situation are different but the level of danger is still the same. You're putting guys careers at risk in both situations.

The league got it right then, they need to get it right now.

Real Men Wear Green
05-07-2024, 06:18 PM
Give him a massive fine but I hope he isn't suspended. I'm not saying it isn't justified but it would end this series. It might be over already but please give it a chance.

RRR3
05-07-2024, 06:39 PM
It's amazing the level of bullshit people can make up.
It’s on video. Stop crying because Steph can’t stop pooping his pants whenever he has to play LeBron on a level playing field.

Duffy Pratt
05-07-2024, 06:43 PM
Murray should have gotten a tech, but the refs didn’t see it. Since a tech is all he would have gotten in game, it’s hard to believe that the league will suspend him. Maybe that should be the rule, but it’s not.

Also, if Denver was tied, or up 2-0, I think it’s much more likely that he would get suspended. The League still has an interest in extending the series. That’s what happened in the Draymond situation. Nothing called in game, but the League issued the tech after the fact, putting him over the limit for an automatic suspension.

Now here’s the odd thing. I’m rooting for Denver, but I’d be fine with Murray getting suspended. I didn’t care one way or the other about Warriors/Cavs, but I think what the league did there was total BS.

hold this L
05-07-2024, 07:34 PM
It’s on video. Stop crying because Steph can’t stop pooping his pants whenever he has to play LeBron on a level playing field.

Nobody thinks this except for the Lebron retards across the globe. Also 2-3 baby boi.

RRR3
05-07-2024, 07:36 PM
Nobody thinks this except for the Lebron retards across the globe. Also 2-3 baby boi.
Imagine bragging about the KD years or beating LeBron when his 2nd option was Mozgov :roll:

Steph stans are pathetic.

You forgot the playin embarrassment I see, Steph just can't handle LeBron unless he has papa KD to save him :(

warriorfan
05-07-2024, 08:06 PM
Imagine bragging about the KD years or beating LeBron when his 2nd option was Mozgov :roll:

Steph stans are pathetic.

You forgot the playin embarrassment I see, Steph just can't handle LeBron unless he has papa KD to save him :(

imagine being a miserable loser who works at a library and doesn’t know 2 shits about anything

go make yourself useful and shelf some books and empty the garbage cans. maybe you could clean the toilet while you are at it.

BarberSchool
05-07-2024, 08:18 PM
I think the harder the league punishes Jamal, the more they RISK really CEMENTING the image of game 2 officiating in the collective mind of the skeptical gen public.

It also happened on THE SAME NIGHT the Knicks got an obviously beneficial whistle. Which compounds things. Minny got refs to swallow their whistles, while NYC Got like almost a dozen questionable calls in the final two minutes?

The public is already gonna have the “unreviewable kick ball” in their memory until it’s solved this off season…. Any harsher penalties towards Jamal besides a big fine, is only gonna draw more permanent attention to it all.

warriorfan
05-07-2024, 08:18 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2024/05/07/jamal-murray-not-suspended-heat-pad-nuggets-timberwolves

100k fine

no suspension

BarberSchool
05-07-2024, 08:22 PM
https://www.si.com/nba/2024/05/07/jamal-murray-not-suspended-heat-pad-nuggets-timberwolves

100k fine

no suspensionit’s too bad neither thing he threw caused the MF ref to slip and break a MF hip.

WhiteKyrie
05-07-2024, 08:52 PM
Thats... total bullshit.

Lebron literally stepped on dray on purpose out of frustration with the goal to incite and dray tried to one arm shove him off and missed. It wasn't called a flagrant or ejection live game.

This is not only more dangerous, it didn't even have true direct provocation from any player.

Bingo. Ridiculous suspect suspension activated

Bawkish
05-07-2024, 10:25 PM
I'd say fine no suspension

His true punishment is coming on friday named NAW and Mcdaniels